What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Confirms Top 4!
3. Newcastle 37 pl, 70pts - Leicester, @ Chelsea Max Points - 73

2 TEAMS FOR 1 SPOT
4. Man United 36 pl, 69pts - Chelsea, Fulham (Plus FA Cup final) Max Points - 75
5. Liverpool 37pl, 66 pts - @ SH. - Max Points - 69
Confirms Top 4!
3. Man United 37 pl, 72pts - Fulham (Plus FA Cup final) Max Points - 75
4. Newcastle 37 pl, 70pts - Leicester, @ Chelsea Max Points - 73

Europa
5. Liverpool 37pl, 66 pts - @ SH. - Max Points - 69
19. Leeds 37pl 31pts - Tottenham - Max Points - 34
18. Leicester 37pl, 31pts - @ Newcastle, West Ham - Max Points - 34
17. Everton 37 pl, 33 pts - Bournemouth - Max Points - 36
Who's getting relegated??
19. Leeds 37pl 31pts - Tottenham - Max Points - 34
18. Leicester 37pl, 31pts - @ Newcastle, West Ham - Max Points - 34
17. Everton 37 pl, 33 pts - Bournemouth - Max Points - 36

Sunday storylines:

Relegation (2 of 3): Leeds, Leicester or Everton?
Conference League: Villa, Tottenham, Brentford?
Chelsea: 14, 13, 12 or 11?
Final standings: 3rd or 4th for United and Newcastle?
Final Standings for teams 11th-16th

I am not sure if this was known before but I read today that Ivan Toney not only bet on his own team, he bet on them to lose ......yikes. I knew he was gambling like crazy but I did not realize it also included his own team and for them to lose.

He has been diagnosed as a gambling addict and when the FA heard this, they reduced their initial 15 month ban down to 8 months.

I am not sure if this was known before but I read today that Ivan Toney not only bet on his own team, he bet on them to lose ......yikes. I knew he was gambling like crazy but I did not realize it also included his own team and for them to lose.

He has been diagnosed as a gambling addict and when the FA heard this, they reduced their initial 15 month ban down to 8 months.
I know they also put a lot of weight on the idea that he didn't play in any of the games he shorted his own team, but I'm not sure that would alleviate my concerns. How easy would it be to say, "I don't know, gaffer, my knee just doesn't feel all the way back yet," and then make the call to William James or whatever?

100% pure love hunch, but I'm starting to think that the EPL may throw the book at Man City. Like an Oxford English Dictionary sized book.

love this stuff

==============

OptaJoe

@OptaJoe

15 years and 5 days after his father Dean Windass scored the winning goal for Hull City against Bristol City in the Championship play-off final, Josh Windass has scored the winning goal for Sheffield Wednesday against Barnsley in the League One play-off final. Cyclical.

Humble brag here,,,,,

I've been playing in the o30 Sunday leagues for awhile. Some of us are getting old and one of my teammates invited me to play on a Friday night o40 team which then got me invited to an o45 Sunday team. Went out to play my first game with them over the weekend and I am on a team with Jurgen Klinsmann, Evidently he plays with them when he's in town. He leaves Thursday to go back to S Korea but will be back in a month. :pickle: We lost. He hit the bar and had a tap in goal though. Was trying not to fanboy but did get a picture with him.

So yeah, I had a good weekend.

Humble brag here,,,,,

I've been playing in the o30 Sunday leagues for awhile. Some of us are getting old and one of my teammates invited me to play on a Friday night o40 team which then got me invited to an o45 Sunday team. Went out to play my first game with them over the weekend and I am on a team with Jurgen Klinsmann, Evidently he plays with them when he's in town. He leaves Thursday to go back to S Korea but will be back in a month. :pickle: We lost. He hit the bar and had a tap in goal though. Was trying not to fanboy but did get a picture with him.

Hell yeah!

Have you told him he was an idiot for leaving LD at home yet?

Humble brag here,,,,,

Hell yeah!

Have you told him he was an idiot for leaving LD at home yet?
Why would I do that? I AGREED WITH HIM!!!! :boxing:
(I didn't agree with bringing Wondomisski though) :lmao:

This does not make any sense to me. Why would Miami do this?

=======

Transfer News Live

@DeadlineDayLive

Barcelona are working together with Inter Miami on the Leo Messi transfer. To get around Barcelona's financial difficulties, the idea is for Inter Miami to sign Messi, before being loaned straight to Barça for 6-18 months. This would allow Messi to play at the highest level until the Copa America in 2024.

=======

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive

Barcelona are working together with Inter Miami on the Leo Messi transfer. To get around Barcelona's financial difficulties, the idea is for Inter Miami to sign Messi, before being loaned straight to Barça for 6-18 months. This would allow Messi to play at the highest level until the Copa America in 2024.
To lock him in for when he's properly decrepit.

=======

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive

To lock him in for when he's properly decrepit.
The 6 month loan would be ok. The 18 month loan is terrible, especially at Messi's age.

Unless this is just some waving of hands and Barca is really taking on more financial responsibility than they can admit. If Miami takes on all the risk and Messi gets hurt on the loan, Miami could screw themselves for a decade or more.

Forbes top 30 most valuable soccer teams in the world. 7 MLS teams cracked the list

So according to Forbes....

EPL ... 12 teams
MLS ... 7 teams
Serie A .... 4 teams
La Liga ... 3 teams
Ligue Un ... 2 teams
Bundesliga ... 2 teams

Holy ****. That's incredibly significant. I'm assuming a lot of it is due to stadiums, but still that's incredible. Money is what changes the future of the sport here in the US and if the MLS suddenly becomes the second most valuable league.... talent is going to move. Will be interesting to see the next tv/streaming contracts.

Forbes top 30 most valuable soccer teams in the world. 7 MLS teams cracked the list

So according to Forbes....

EPL ... 12 teams
MLS ... 7 teams
Serie A .... 4 teams
La Liga ... 3 teams
Ligue Un ... 2 teams
Bundesliga ... 2 teams

Holy ****. That's incredibly significant. I'm assuming a lot of it is due to stadiums, but still that's incredible. Money is what changes the future of the sport here in the US and if the MLS suddenly becomes the second most valuable league.... talent is going to move. Will be interesting to see the next tv/streaming contracts.

MLS teams receive much higher valuations because they are shielded from ever having to face relegation. The safety of never having to drop allows the league to put a much higher price on team value.

This, in part, was some of the thinking behind a closed Super League.

That all being said, 7 MLS teams getting on this list is really impressive given the age of the league and the age of some of the individual teams listed.

In regards to the stadium, the valuation methodology mentioned this:

Team values are enterprise values (equity plus net debt) and include the economics of the team’s stadium (but exclude the value of the real estate itself), based on comparable transactions.

Last edited:
So much endless money

==================

ESPN FC
@ESPNFC

Karim Benzema will join Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad when his Real Madrid contract expires this month, sources have told ESPN. Benzema was offered a two-year contract worth €400 million to move to Saudi Arabia in January.
Its crazy. And at some point, as a player who's won everything, why the heck not? Go get that obscene final payday.

So Phil Neville got sacked in Miami. It was kinda obvious he sucked and they are dead last in the East so no real surprise.

Yesterday the fans turned on his son. “In moments of real adversity, you learn a lot about yourself and the players you have, and I was incredibly proud (pause) of the young boy they were booing,” Neville said about his son Harvey. Today the sack.

=======

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive

Barca just got kicked out of CCL next year

=======

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive

Barca just got kicked out of CCL next year

that could change things significantly for Messi.

Note they are not kicked out yet. That is just the recommendation. The utterly corrupt Cerefin has the final say. I assume he will be getting many briefcases in the mail.

Randomly have the USA U20 women's game on and the Costa Rica keeper single handedly keeping a game that should be like 6-1 as 2-1. They had a 5 minute review on what ended up being a red card to the US in like the 89th minute and they only put up 6 minutes of stoppage time (which should be more like 12). USA in full time killing mode now.

CRC getting big time concacafed in this semi
-QG

Man CRC got totally jobbed there.
Sunday final vs Mexico and this puts US in the U20 World Cup next year.

CRC still qualifies if they beat Canada in the 3rd place game.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread