What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Terrance Williams, WR, Dallas (1 Viewer)

I'm working my 14 teamer league week to week and likely dropping Andre Johnson for any warm body at the WR spot.

I watched a lot of the Dal/Atl game and don't remember anything about him except for the drop that effectively ended the game. I realize he's got limited upside, especially with Weeden but still cant believe he had a 2 target 0 catch game as the #1 WR in this offense.

Any thoughts (other than "he sucks") on Terrance Williams against the Saints this week?

I wouldn't panic yet. Weeden checked down on virtually every pass, and it clearly did not work. I would expect more downfield passing this week, if only to lighten the box. Last week's half-time adjustment by Atlanta to load the box and stop the run seems to have caught the Cowboys by surprise.

How in the world does a team in a game with a shoot out score, which ends up trailing by two scores in the 4th, with a run game clicking early on, get only 2 targets and no completions to its current no. 1 receiver? Dallas' coaching staff and GM deserve a lot of criticism in Big D, I hope they're getting it.

I wouldn't panic yet. Weeden checked down on virtually every pass, and it clearly did not work. I would expect more downfield passing this week, if only to lighten the box. Last week's half-time adjustment by Atlanta to load the box and stop the run seems to have caught the Cowboys by surprise.
Well then that is some bad coaching right there. That was absolutely the first thing to be expected.

I'm working my 14 teamer league week to week and likely dropping Andre Johnson for any warm body at the WR spot.

I watched a lot of the Dal/Atl game and don't remember anything about him except for the drop that effectively ended the game. I realize he's got limited upside, especially with Weeden but still cant believe he had a 2 target 0 catch game as the #1 WR in this offense.

Any thoughts (other than "he sucks") on Terrance Williams against the Saints this week?
Im sitting him. I expect there will the "reactionary" we need to get this guy the ball, so he'll prolly have more targets. But still, with Weeden his upside is very limited. If the running game gets going early again this week, hopefully Williams will get some targets with some room to run. I just don't have any confidence in Weeden. It looked like the game was too fast for him last week or something......We kept hearing that he's so much better now......it appears that was all coach speak. Or.......maybe last week he was just shaking the rust off, and now this week he'll be ready to step up and look like a real NFL QB........I aint holding my breath.

So after 2+ years of silence on the boards on this guy, he goes to droppable in any fantasy league formats to droppable in real life by any NFL team. Poor guy.

DAL signing Deonte and Hurns looked to be doubly good for the team, both in terms of shoring up depth and leverage with Dez.

You all think he will get cut?
I hear he is a ferocious downfield blocker, so on a team that clearly wants to be run-first, pound the ball for 4 quarters, he may surprise a lot of fantasy players by keeping his job.

Does not mean he will be any more useful for us, though.  Just siphoning a handful of stats away from our preferred stars.  For fantasy purposes, he goes in the same category as fullbacks and blocking TEs.

I hear he is a ferocious downfield blocker, so on a team that clearly wants to be run-first, pound the ball for 4 quarters, he may surprise a lot of fantasy players by keeping his job.

Does not mean he will be any more useful for us, though.  Just siphoning a handful of stats away from our preferred stars.  For fantasy purposes, he goes in the same category as fullbacks and blocking TEs.
Yeah, blocking is something he does really well. Good point. He has his moments too. I really liked him on crossers out of the bunch formation. He's solid on flats too. Don't like him on short curls / hitches though.

Arodin said:

So he’s Riley Cooper without the racism.

Inactive today... what the #### are the Cowboys even doing?
He has 2 catches for 18 yds. Only reason he's on the roster is because he's a great run blocker.

Supposedly making some changes to try to get the passing game going today.

Probly won't work 

ETA: only other reason he's on roster is I believe his contract is guaranteed for this season

Last edited by a moderator:
He has 2 catches for 18 yds. Only reason he's on the roster is because he's a great run blocker.

Supposedly making some changes to try to get the passing game going today.

Probly won't work 

ETA: only other reason he's on roster is I believe his contract is guaranteed for this season
Mostly, I’m saying he shouldn’t have even left camp on the roster. His whole career has been miserable but they defend him and let him stay around. Dez was such a headache and distraction but Terrance Williams adds so much?  :loco:  I’ve never seen a team work so hard to sabatoge their franchise QB.

I defer to Cowboys fans but it's not clear what's going on with the WR corps to begin with:

Beasley 16/12/132/0

Thompson 12/9/83/0

Hurns 9/4/51/0

Gallup 7/3/31/0

TW has played 39 total snaps, 20 snaps the last two games.

It looks like his NFL career is likely done. Thanks for all the memories TWill. The catch you had against Seattle was probably my favorite, but you had some other ones in there too, like this 23 yard TD.
https://www.giants.com/video/cowboys-tony-romo-23-yard-td-to-terrance-williams-14035295

Obviously, he had a lot of lowlights. Failed to run out of bounds. Fumbled right before the goal line his rookie year. There was another play where he arguably forgot to get out of bounds and/or tried to, but was in the middle of the field and had no realistic shot of doing so. Dude had low awareness, but honestly, some teams could have used his run-blocking skills and ability to stretch the field deep. He was also rock solid on short out routes.

But I guess he's too old, has too much baggage, doesn't make enough of an impact, and from the last time I remember, I think he has legal issues.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a suitor TWill, but it's not looking good. Honestly, I think a team like the Bengals could use a guy like him, but they'd have to admit defeat on John Ross first. Maybe the Giants could take a look at him? Possibly even the Redskins since I know they are low on WRs. And you gotta think that a guy like Andrew Luck could do something with TWill, but I bet they are all just tanking and/or going with a youth movement.

Maybe he can be a practice body somewhere though.

Users who are viewing this thread