What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2015 Thread*** - Congrats Banister! (1 Viewer)

Can close out LAA division hopes tonight. Houston is off. It's important to win early here to let hamels have rest up for game 1 in kc

Way to go MLB, putting the Dallas skyline in the artwork for the official T-shirt. Yes, if you put the Arlington skyline it would be the Shock Wave, the Black Hole water slide and a Hooters, but still.

culdeus said:
Bogart said:
culdeus said:
Rotation?
If I had to guess:

Holland

Hamels

Gallardo

Lewis

then Hamels again.

Perez in the bullpen.
Perez home/away split is worth a looksee in game 4 imo.
Solid point. Most of the posts on Newberg had Perez throwing game 3, but Gallardo is the only TEX starter to beat TOR this year, doing it twice. Feels like that needs to be in the rotation. Can Cobra pitch from the bullpen? Feels like a guy that needs all of the prep of a starter.

Rotation?
So Gallardo in game one. Hamels in game two. Texas not saying starters in three and four. Bannister leaning towards Perez to get a start which puts Lewis in the bullpen. I kind of want the bulldog Lewis out there in a big game, but gotta trust Bannister at this point. He's making all the right calls this season.

given Gallardo's pitch-count limitations (Newberg had an interesting note on Gallardo that i hadn't run across before - his spin rate drops too much after 90 pitches), you could run out a WIS-like tandem in Gallardo/Perez or Gallardo/Lewis, looking for 4 stud innings from each. Then, you might be able to repeat that in Game 4.

I don't like our chances in this series, at all.

It's a really bad beat that Toronto just took the last week off, perhaps trying to tank to get us as their opponent. Toronto is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KC. In fact, I think Houston gets thru KC and moves on.

25-man roster is set:

PITCHERS (11): Jake Diekman, Sam Dyson, Yovani Gallardo, Chi Chi Gonzalez, Cole Hamels, Derek Holland, Keone Kela, Colby Lewis, Ross Ohlendorf, Martin Perez, Shawn Tolleson.

CATCHERS (2): Robinson Chirinos, Chris Gimenez.

INFIELDERS (7): Hanser Alberto, Elvis Andrus, Adrian Beltre, Prince Fielder, Mitch Moreland, Mike Napoli, Rougned Odor.

OUTFIELDERS (5): Shin-Soo Choo, Delino DeShields, Josh Hamilton, Drew Stubbs, Will Venable.

I don't like our chances in this series, at all.

It's a really bad beat that Toronto just took the last week off, perhaps trying to tank to get us as their opponent. Toronto is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KC. In fact, I think Houston gets thru KC and moves on.
No tank, big respect for Texas here in Toronto. Our guys needed the rest. The winner here takes the AL I think.

Just finished Newberg's email. Super pumped for today. With Beltre down, who will be the hero?

is there a better management combo in baseball besides Daniels/Bannister? i'd probably take Epstein/Maddon first, but can't think of anyone else better

It was a run. Crazy ending to a crazy year. 1700 games lost to the disabled list. Your number one starter gone. Your number two gone for most of the year.

Great job by Daniels and Bannister this year.

I could do without the sour grapes on Bautista's bat flip though. Your game 4 starter wiped his ### with a Jays rally towel, maybe #### off with the "respecting the game/your opponent" preaching?

Had no idea the Jays or their fans were such richards.

Hope they get crushed by KC.
I am not sure if fans in other cities can comprehend what is it like to not have a winning team to cheer for in over 20 years.

Not just in baseball....in all four sports (include nearby Buffalo Bills for the NFL).

Young fans 20-30 at that stadium have NEVER seen a winner...or anything close. That is a lot of pent up energy. Hard to act like you have been there before when you havent.

I am 40. I watched the game at home with my 10 year old and I was thinking to myself....I have not sat and watched a sporting event with this much emotional attachment since I was 18. That is sad.....

Now Bautista is a richard....even he would agree and he owns it.

I am not sure if fans in other cities can comprehend what is it like to not have a winning team to cheer for in over 20 years.

Not just in baseball....in all four sports (include nearby Buffalo Bills for the NFL).
Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City.... yep, no other cities. Besides you guys win the Grey Cup all the time. That should hold you over.

Cleveland, Washington, Kansas City.... yep, no other cities. Besides you guys win the Grey Cup all the time. That should hold you over.
Not just winning the championships....I am talking not even getting to the playoffs.

Leafs...1 playoff appearance in 10 years. Exit first rd

Jays...0 playoff appearances in 22 years

Bills...0 playoff appearances in 15 years

Raptors...4 playoff appearances in 13 years. All first rd exit

55 combined seasons of cheering for sports teams. Five playoffs. All first rd exits. And four of those in the sport most care least about...take those out it is ONE first rd exit in the last 10 years over three different teams.

UGLY

Not just winning the championships....I am talking not even getting to the playoffs.

Leafs...1 playoff appearance in 10 years. Exit first rd

55 combined seasons of cheering for sports teams. Five playoffs. All first rd exits. And four of those in the sport most care least about...take those out it is ONE first rd exit in the last 10 years over three different teams.

UGLY
Well then, congrats. With yesterday's win you've now made it further in the playoffs than any DC team in all four sports since 1998. Which is to say I know your pain.

But Rangers fans have had a special brand of pain over the last six years. It's been an absolutely brutal for them watching good Rangers teams get eliminated in October in some of the most ridiculous and painful ways anyone can imagine. I can't remember anything like it in my lifetime. They deserve more than a little sympathy from the rest of us. It's a different pain that what you and I and the fans of KC have endured over the last couple decades, but I don't think that makes it less painful. Just different.

I am not sure if fans in other cities can comprehend what is it like to not have a winning team to cheer for in over 20 years.Not just in baseball....in all four sports (include nearby Buffalo Bills for the NFL).
Not just winning the championships....I am talking not even getting to the playoffs.Leafs...1 playoff appearance in 10 years. Exit first rd

UGLY
Well then, congrats. With yesterday's win you've now made it further in the playoffs than any DC team in all four sports since 1998. Which is to say I know your pain.
huh? the Wizards swept the Raptors in the playoffs less than 9 months ago.

I am not sure if fans in other cities can comprehend what is it like to not have a winning team to cheer for in over 20 years.Not just in baseball....in all four sports (include nearby Buffalo Bills for the NFL).
Not just winning the championships....I am talking not even getting to the playoffs.Leafs...1 playoff appearance in 10 years. Exit first rd

UGLY
huh? the Wizards swept the Raptors in the playoffs less than 9 months ago.
And then lost in the quarterfinal round to the Hawks. That's as far as any of our four teams have been since 1998. Jays made it to MLB's semifinal round with yesterday's win.

Anyway, you all have my sympathy. I started out rooting for the Jays until I stopped and realized the unique torture you all have endured in recent years. Hope you guys are back next year :thumbup:

How many times have you seen the Jays on Sunday night baseball?
Who cares, Jays are a great team with big personalities, awesome to cheer for, terrible to play against. They are going to rub people the wrong way and also win way more often than not. Fun!
Was actually just trying to make a point about how angry the fan base is for feeling slighted by the powers that be in the MLB for over a decade. Nonetheless, I agree with Culdeus that both the fans and, to a lesser extent the team, behaved a bit like Richards last night.

The Rangers on the other hand were pretty classy throughout. Could have made a big deal about everything but chose the high road. Dyson expressed a bit of frustration but could you blame him?

Users who are viewing this thread