What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2015 Thread*** - Congrats Banister! (1 Viewer)

Horrible homestand this weekend. Just brutal losing against a division foe at home like that. JD saying all of the right things about Feliz, but this DFA feels like its for good. Josh on the DL. Just when it felt like the roster was coming into shape health wise.

Baseball Prospectus's just-released Top-50 includes five Rangers:

5. 3B Joey Gallo
6. OF Nomar Mazara
21. OF Nick Williams
30. RHP Jake Thompson
34. C Jorge Alfaro

Love the fact that JD turned Soria into Jake Thompson and Yovani Gallardo.

From Scott Lucas:

Texas signed Cuban middle infielder Andy Ibanez, 22. Since the Rangers secured additional cap room by trading pitcher Jason Hoppe to the Angels, they are not expected to incur any penalties that would affect future signing periods. Baseball America's Ben Badler considers him a superior prospect to Roberto Baldoquin, for whom the Angels paid a penalty-inducing $8 million. Reports I've seen describe him as having close to average tools across the board with good contact skills standing out most.
Article from BA

Choo with a nice cycle last night and a sneaky 12 HR. Maybe he is finally getting healthy.

Watching Fielder ABs are by far my favorite thing on this team right now, when you need something, anything to be happy about.

5. 3B Joey Gallo

6. OF Nomar Mazara

21. OF Nick Williams

30. RHP Jake Thompson

34. C Jorge Alfaro

Hamels for Mazara and Chi-Chi?

5. 3B Joey Gallo

6. OF Nomar Mazara

21. OF Nick Williams

30. RHP Jake Thompson

34. C Jorge Alfaro

Will probably need other fringe pieces to make it look like a major deal, but that is a solid base. Gallo and Jorge are off the table according to everyone at this point.

5. 3B Joey Gallo

6. OF Nomar Mazara

21. OF Nick Williams

30. RHP Jake Thompson

34. C Jorge Alfaro

Will probably need other fringe pieces to make it look like a major deal, but that is a solid base. Gallo and Jorge are off the table according to everyone at this point.
I assumed Gallo was off limits. Gerry Fraley thinks the Phils prefer Mazara over Jorge. I do too, so I hope he's right.

5. 3B Joey Gallo

6. OF Nomar Mazara

21. OF Nick Williams

30. RHP Jake Thompson

34. C Jorge Alfaro

I assumed Gallo was off limits. Gerry Fraley thinks the Phils prefer Mazara over Jorge. I do too, so I hope he's right.
Now reading Mazara is off limits. Could be an interesting game of chicken. In the end, I think if JD doesn't get the deal done, it's not the end of the world for him. Keep building from within. Pray for better health next year.

This was an interesting way of getting rid of Harrison. Better than firing him into the sun which was probably the backup plan.

Do note there is a pretty hard kicker if he can't get his back sorted out in some sort of timeline. It's not disclosed what this is afaik.

Really didn't want them to pursue Hamels when it was being talked about, but having digested it for about a day, I don't think I mind this trade.

Really didn't want them to pursue Hamels when it was being talked about, but having digested it for about a day, I don't think I mind this trade.
Normally, I almost always side on the side that gets the prospects and/or young talent. The Hershel Walker Trade and the Mark Teixeira Trade have conditioned me to pick that side. But I really like this trade.

Yes, you gave up your number four, five and six prospects, but you have a number one starter for the next three years to go with Yu, Holland and Perez, and there is a lot still in the system.

Jamey's take is worth a read.

Joey Gallo is still here.

And so is Nomar Mazara.

And Chi Chi Gonzalez and Luis Ortiz and Luke Jackson and Andrew Faulkner and Brett Martin and Yohander Mendez — and Dillon Tate and Michael Matuella.

And Lewis Brinson and Ryan Cordell and Jurickson Profar and Hanser Alberto and Yeyson Yrizarri and Michael De Leon.

And, not to be overlooked, Rougned Odor and Delino DeShields and Keone Kela and Nick Martinez and Tanner Scheppers, and Shawn Tolleson, somewhat shockingly a pre-arb guy himself.

They’re all here.

And so are Cole and Yu.
This system is still loaded.

5. 3B Joey Gallo

6. OF Nomar Mazara

21. OF Nick Williams

30. RHP Jake Thompson

34. C Jorge Alfaro

Can we go back to this?

I think you guys did a good job getting Cole for 3 years at 12.5 per, and still keeping those key prospects that should be contributing during those 3 years.

Nomar Mazara had 2 doubles last night to push his AA numbers to .291/.363/.454

Mazara, born April 1995, is the youngest hitter on the Riders. If Texas demoted him to High Desert, he'd be the youngest there, too. If Texas shipped him down to Hickory, he'd be fourth youngest.

Back-to-Back-to-Back homers today. Moreland, Nap and Elvis. Wilson was a few feet foul from making it a Foursome.

Super nice weekend in Detroit. After Thursday, I was thinking bad things, but the way this team battled back to take 3 of 4 on the road was impressive. Don't look now, but Shin Soo Choo has reached base safely in every game since the ASB, going on 28 games now.

Super nice weekend in Detroit. After Thursday, I was thinking bad things, but the way this team battled back to take 3 of 4 on the road was impressive. Don't look now, but Shin Soo Choo has reached base safely in every game since the ASB, going on 28 games now.
Why can't I look?

Why can't I look?
You personally? You might scare the streak away all together. I've heard horrible, rotten, no good things about you.

Why can't I look?
You personally? You might scare the streak away all together. I've heard horrible, rotten, no good things about you.
It's mostly true

ETA: I'd like to openly root against the Texas to spite you, but I've got 3 Rangers on my magic beisbol team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nomar Mazara had 2 doubles last night to push his AA numbers to .291/.363/.454

Mazara, born April 1995, is the youngest hitter on the Riders. If Texas demoted him to High Desert, he'd be the youngest there, too. If Texas shipped him down to Hickory, he'd be fourth youngest.
This was two weeks ago. Since then, Mazara has been called up to the AAA club where after a 2-4 night last night is hitting .325/.357/.425.

Still a small sample size, but interesting to keep an eye on.

Love the performance by the Dutch Oven yesterday. Now the team hits the road for the longest road trip of the season before getting a ton of games a home to end things.

The rotation has rounded into shape, the additions to the bullpen have been amazing and the bats are going to hit. Might not have the talent of TOR or HOU, but would love to see what this team can do in a short series.

Never thought we would be 2 games back of Houston, much less with 30 games left to play.

Huge credit to Jeff Bannister to keeping this locker room together when they could have blown up completely in May. And much love to Jon Daniels for making moves for not only this year but for the future.

-5.5, -3.5, -1.5, +0.5, or +2.5

Time to do this. #SilverBoot
My guess is that the Rangers go 3-1 here. The Astros have been bad on the road and non-good against the Rangers this year. Honestly, 2-2 is a positive for the Astros considering the above two facts and the lateness of the season.

What can you say about last night? Everything went perfectly. Offense crushed, Perez with 7 innings of 1 run ball using only 91 pitches. You get a nice look at Faulkner and Jackson, dealing 95-97 from each side, and you get a glimpse of what a nice, salary controlled bullpen could be for 2-3 years.

Prince getting in a groove right now is a thing of beauty. 11 pitches on that second homer.

My guess is that the Rangers go 3-1 here. The Astros have been bad on the road and non-good against the Rangers this year. Honestly, 2-2 is a positive for the Astros considering the above two facts and the lateness of the season.
I was expecting the rangers to win this series, but not a dominating sweep...just wow

I was expecting the rangers to win this series, but not a dominating sweep...just wow
The way the pitching matchups were laid out, I fully expected a split, and would have been happy with that. The groove that the offense is in right now is almost Toronto like, almost. The bullpen is full of weapons and the starting rotation is just grinding innings right now.

I am not crazy about Napoli in LF (and the botched play last night was nerve racking) , but it works for now. The home crowd just feeds off that guy right now.

DeShields was a bit gimpy last night, a weekend off might do him some good.

Not the best weekend for our little Rangers. If they complete that 9th inning comeback Saturday night, I think Houston might have mailed in yesterday. Instead, we need a better than average week.

Users who are viewing this thread