What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL***The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion thread (1 Viewer)

is there any reason to have the calcinator...

i bot one, but not sure of the added benefit...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it makes the potions effects stronger. not as noticable early on, but it makes a big difference.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only carry my master one of them and the next highest of another. When I want to make potions, I head to a Mages guild and borrow the other pieces since I don't have them any higher than novice anyway.

#^%#&^%@#(*%@#)*%^(^%*#

Just did the sanguine quest and after getting out of jail, ALL my stuff is gone. all I'm left with are plain clothes and quest stuff. Nothing in the evidence chest either. of course it wrote over the autosave, so I'm stuck going back a couple hours :rant:

#^%#&^%@#(*%@#)*%^(^%*#

Just did the sanguine quest and after getting out of jail, ALL my stuff is gone. all I'm left with are plain clothes and quest stuff. Nothing in the evidence chest either. of course it wrote over the autosave, so I'm stuck going back a couple hours :rant:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do not fear my brother. This is the annoying part. Just head to the shrine.

#^%#&^%@#(*%@#)*%^(^%*#

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: pVVn3d

#^%#&^%@#(*%@#)*%^(^%*#

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do not fear my brother. This is the annoying part. Just head to the shrine.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks -- good thing I didnt overwrite the autosave yet.... :) apart from giving myself carpal-tunnel from pressing A over and over to get my crap back, all is well

Have any of you guys ever had stuff disappear on you?

I got back from raiding a big ruin site and had tons of things to sell. In order to max my carrying potential I dropped all of armor on the floor in my theives guild house and loaded up and went to sell the items.

When I got back I found everything on the floor except for my glass curiass :mellow: I looked all round the room and even went back to the person I sold the stuff too just in case and I did not sell it to him either.

So there went my glass curiass.

Last night I got back from exploring and took my grey fox mask off since I had put my loot in a chest and went back to my normal weight. I went and did the Go Fish quest and after that I went to go exploring at a cave and went to put on my grey fox mask and it wasn't in my inventory :mellow: I didn't know what happened to it. So since I hadn't saved (just autosaves) I had to backtrack over 1.5 hours b/c I can't go without that mask :hot:

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

I got back from raiding a big ruin site and had tons of things to sell.  In order to max my carrying potential I dropped all of armor on the floor in my theives guild house and loaded up and went to sell the items.

When I got back I found everything on the floor except for my glass curiass :mellow:   I looked all round the room and even went back to the person I sold the stuff too just in case and I did not sell it to him either.

Last night I got back from exploring and took my grey fox mask off since I had put my loot in a chest and went back to my normal weight.  I went and did the Go Fish quest and after that I went to go exploring at a cave and went to put on my grey fox mask and it wasn't in my inventory :mellow:   I didn't know what happened to it.  So since I hadn't saved (just autosaves) I had to backtrack over 1.5 hours b/c I can't go without that mask  :hot:

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
~ down?

I got back from raiding a big ruin site and had tons of things to sell.  In order to max my carrying potential I dropped all of armor on the floor in my theives guild house and loaded up and went to sell the items.

When I got back I found everything on the floor except for my glass curiass :mellow:   I looked all round the room and even went back to the person I sold the stuff too just in case and I did not sell it to him either.

Last night I got back from exploring and took my grey fox mask off since I had put my loot in a chest and went back to my normal weight.  I went and did the Go Fish quest and after that I went to go exploring at a cave and went to put on my grey fox mask and it wasn't in my inventory :mellow:   I didn't know what happened to it.  So since I hadn't saved (just autosaves) I had to backtrack over 1.5 hours b/c I can't go without that mask  :hot:

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does happen -- NPCs pick up things from the ground/corpses and can steal from you as well. The game also does "house-cleaning" every few in-game "days."

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
~ down?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:360owner:

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep, I lost some stuff in the DB house. Lesson learned, don't leave anyting, anywhere outside of one of your houses.

edit for bad codes

edit again: never lost anything I was carrying.

Last edited by a moderator:

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
~ down?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:own3d: ;)

oh well, SAVE OFTEN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
~ down?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:own3d: ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:cry:

I'm not even sure it does that great of house keeping. I just dropped my mages guild robe at the steps of the Arcane University and it's been there forever.

I'm not even sure it does that great of house keeping.  I just dropped my mages guild robe at the steps of the Arcane University and it's been there forever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dropped a shovel that I THOUGHT was the one I needed for the shopkeeper quest, but it was not. That was the first few hours I played it. Many days later, it is still there.Has anyone found any good use for poison apples? I have about 11, and tried to use it here and there, but the bastards never pick it up and eat it.

I'm not even sure it does that great of house keeping.  I just dropped my mages guild robe at the steps of the Arcane University and it's been there forever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dropped a shovel that I THOUGHT was the one I needed for the shopkeeper quest, but it was not. That was the first few hours I played it. Many days later, it is still there.Has anyone found any good use for poison apples? I have about 11, and tried to use it here and there, but the bastards never pick it up and eat it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally just sold the f'n things. Worst game item evah!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Elder Scrolls forums somebody wrote in and said that they had put the apples in some soldiers / guard barracks and killed a number of the guards. :shrug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the Elder Scrolls forums somebody wrote in and said that they had put the apples in some soldiers / guard barracks and killed a number of the guards. :shrug:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night I indirectly took out half the guards in Bruma. The mages guild was filled with nasty ghosts so I high tailed it out the door. Two or three ghosts followed me out and soon the beggers, guards, fighters guild were all fighting them. The ghosts took out about 3 guards, a fighters guild member, a bum, and some random townsperson.

Last night I indirectly took out half the guards in Bruma.  The mages guild was filled with nasty ghosts so I high tailed it out the door.  Two or three ghosts followed me out and soon the beggers, guards, fighters guild were all fighting them.  The ghosts took out about 3 guards, a fighters guild member, a bum, and some random townsperson.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: I did the same thing. I was disappointed in the lack of good armor/weapons on the guards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can do this but it takes a while. First you have to remove all the food from the eating area. Then you put the apples in the cabinent and then you wait :popcorn:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last night I indirectly took out half the guards in Bruma. The mages guild was filled with nasty ghosts so I high tailed it out the door. Two or three ghosts followed me out and soon the beggers, guards, fighters guild were all fighting them. The ghosts took out about 3 guards, a fighters guild member, a bum, and some random townsperson.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: thats awesome

Last night I indirectly took out half the guards in Bruma.  The mages guild was filled with nasty ghosts so I high tailed it out the door.  Two or three ghosts followed me out and soon the beggers, guards, fighters guild were all fighting them.  The ghosts took out about 3 guards, a fighters guild member, a bum, and some random townsperson.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: I did the same thing. I was disappointed in the lack of good armor/weapons on the guards.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least they didn't turn into ghosts...yet. :scared:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least they didn't turn into ghosts...yet. :scared:
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:o

so i ran out of lockpicks in a dungeon on a hard chest...

when i get some can i go back to the chest without having to kill all the baddies again...

i think it was a quest during the lewayn mage guild recommendation,,,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do the nocturnal quest, and you'll never worry about lockpicks breaking again.Trust me. I just completed it yesterday, and locks are now my #####.

Link

Oblivion is getting a new "Mature" rating because of some mods that can make characters appear topless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have trouble understading how a third party mod should change your rating. Technically any game that allows player mods could then become a mature game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One factor may be that ESRB said that Take Two understated the intensity of the gore. Another factor may simply be that it's Take Two and ESRB is not happy with them after the GTA thing last year.

Link

Oblivion is getting a new "Mature" rating because of some mods that can make characters appear topless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have trouble understading how a third party mod should change your rating. Technically any game that allows player mods could then become a mature game.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One factor may be that ESRB said that Take Two understated the intensity of the gore. Another factor may simply be that it's Take Two and ESRB is not happy with them after the GTA thing last year.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True

So, I finished the theives guild quests tonight, and

spoilers

as soon as the countess and the grey fox said their bit, dude gave me the grey cowl.  I put it on in the lobby and immediately got ####### macked by like 8 guards.  I guess you should only use this thing when you are sneaking around?  :mad:

I was reading an article on Anandtech.com and it talked about how Oblivion is one of the first games to truly use dual-core CPU's. You can get 10-15% gain in performance by going dual core. :thumbup:

Ok, what's the deal with the Oblivion gate near Leylawiin?  Is it just kind of "there" or does it have story implications down the road?  I've done the Karich Oblivion gate and everyone thought it was sinister, but people just ignore this gate. 

I probably sound like a dummy here.
Highlight above, I need an answer to something and don't want to spoil anything.

Ok, what's the deal with the Oblivion gate near Leylawiin?  Is it just kind of "there" or does it have story implications down the road?  I've done the Karich Oblivion gate and everyone thought it was sinister, but people just ignore this gate. 

I probably sound like a dummy here.
Highlight above, I need an answer to something and don't want to spoil anything.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're going to start finding them all over the place. If it's right outside a city, you're going to likely have to close it as part of the main storyline down the road.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
early mage guild question above...
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might be self-explanatory, but whenever faced with a mage and his summons, ALWAYS concentrate on the mage and kill him. When he dies, his summons disappear. It will make your life much easier.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm learning this in spades. Necromancers are bad enough, but now these spriggans are making my life miserable. This staff of sickness is about my only defense.

I found a bow of silence that does 15 base dmg. Pair that with my 100 agility, and expert markmenship, and elven arrows and I'm putting the beat down on anything that comes in my way.

Too bad I only get twelve shots of silence before it runs out. :ptts:

well i made it after the 3rd time last night...

just stood back to the door and was able to face them one at a time...

not too difficult that way..

i made a staff of soul trapping...

Word of advice to new Oblivion players: DON'T EVER, EVER ACCEPT ANY OFFER TO BECOME A VAMPIRE.

Annoying as #### when you can't crap during the day.

Question: (highlight)

Where do I find the soul stones so I can get rid of this vampire crap, or is there an easier way/cheat to get rid of it?  It's really pissing me off.

Word of advice to new Oblivion players: DON'T EVER, EVER ACCEPT ANY OFFER TO BECOME A VAMPIRE.

Where do I find the soul stones so I can get rid of this vampire crap, or is there an easier way/cheat to get rid of it?  It's really pissing me off.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, on the PC, you can always ~ then player.AddItem <0009812D> <number>Otherwise, you have to collect the stones at the various mage guilds, then run a bunch of other errands as well. I hated it, but some enjoy the extra powers being a vampire gives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, on the PC, you can always ~ then player.AddItem <0009812D> <number>Otherwise, you have to collect the stones at the various mage guilds, then run a bunch of other errands as well. I hated it, but some enjoy the extra powers being a vampire gives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK YOU!!!!That dungeon by Skingrad is driving me nuts, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. This definitely helps, much appreciated!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THANK YOU!!!!That dungeon by Skingrad is driving me nuts, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. This definitely helps, much appreciated!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, did the add item trick, but it shows up as a misc item and I can't do anything with it? Should I be doing something to "activate" it or something to that effect?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, did the add item trick, but it shows up as a misc item and I can't do anything with it? Should I be doing something to "activate" it or something to that effect?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's an empty gem there is no activating it. The old witch in the cabin wants empty soul gems.

Users who are viewing this thread