What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats destined for undefeated season (1 Viewer)

Either way, the Patriots don't look like world beaters after the way Dal, Indy, and Phi played them.
Aside from going on the road and beating the two other best teams in the world
I didn't say they didn't win, just that they didn't look like word beaters... in all three of those games it was close until some time in the 4th quarter. Indy and Philly were without key offensive players.It's sad you had to take offense to my opinion, but it still stands. The Patriots definitely look like they can be beaten.
Do you really expect that they (or any team in any sport) would just walk through the entire season? Of course they have had a few close games. No team, no matter how dominant will go through a full season w/o a few scares. The bottom line is that they have won every game and are 11-0.
I'm not sure what your response has to do with my comment. Frankly, I'm tired of Pats fans being so defensive about their team. The Pats are vulnerable, that doesn't mean they suck, it doesn't mean they are not the best team in football right now.Is it so impossible for you all to look at those three games and say - there might be a chance the Pats could lose? You don't think it's just a little scary that Philly almost beat them with a scrub QB? Or that Indy almost beat them w/o Harrison? You can't admit the Pats have a few weaknesses?It's not like I said they suck. A few weeks ago people were saying they were unbeatable (hey there's even a thread today saying they are unbeatable). All I said was that it doesn't appear like they are unbeatable. What's so wrong with that?
How is he being defensive? He disagreed with your logic and within two sentences you are talking about how you are sick of Pats fans. Yes, they could have lost yesterday to a team that played out of its mind with a backup QB (who many think is better than the guy he replaced). They didn't.Yes, they could have lost on the road to the defending SB champs. They didn't.Yes, they could have lost on the road to one of the best teams in football. They didn't.You can say they look beatable all you want. Any team can be beaten. Until they actually lose, it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Even" the refs giving it to them? The refs and who else? They haven't earned their spot?

The premise of this ridiculous thread is absurd. You must have missed the Indy game, not to mention the offensive pass interference call on Moss last night.

This much is known, the Patriots looked very beatable last night. Tom Brady played his A game and still they barely were able to scrape by the lowly Eagles playing with a 2nd string qb. Patriots can expect much more of that pounding to come from other teams, they lost mucho respect last night across the league.

This much is known, the Patriots looked very beatable last night. Tom Brady played his A game and still they barely were able to scrape by the lowly Eagles playing with a 2nd string qb. Patriots can expect much more of that pounding to come from other teams, they lost mucho respect last night across the league.
Tom Brady's "A" game. Who are you? Stretch Armstrong??

;) Are you in the NFL?

No JOEY, what is known is the Pats play in the NFL, so do the other 31 teams in citys thru out the country. The Eagles are lowley for many reasons, McNabbs erratic play, Andy's home problems distracting him just a bit and mediocre WR corp. The Eagles Defense has never been in much doubt and have been for many years a top unit. That the Eagles had a nearly flawless game plan and still came up short is a testament to the Patriots will to win. That any team is 11 and 0 is a feat. That some how you must find a way to smear poop all over a particular team is dumb. What ever point your trying to make JOEY seems lost, you seem lost and full of poop. Every single team spends millions of dollars to put players on the field, I would expect, NO, I would demand that a team play up to its full potential on any given Sunday. Its in the interest of the Patriots to be challenged, it is in their interest to have to actually play a game rather than roll over the other guy. Yeah they could have lost this week, they could have lost any other week, so what?. Get Over it JOEY.... JOEY. The Pats are at this point "IT", untill they lose they will continue to be "IT". The only thing known for sure is your sign name is JOEY CHESTNUTS.

Users who are viewing this thread