What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 2 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Who knows. One thing they grade is passer rating after the first read, and that's traditionally not been a strength. He also has a very low ADOT and has been one of the worst deep ball passers in the league over the last 3+ seasons. Versus the Commanders, he completed one 23 deep intermediate to Josh Reynolds, and his other 19 completions were all short passes.

That said, those two TDs to ARSB were money. Especially the first one where he gets flushed from the pocket and throws a strike on the run. Heckuva play.

IDK that this is something they grade, but the first thing I noticed last year was the lack of velocity. Granted we were spoiled by Stafford, who had a great fastball and could jam it into a tight window. Goff's ball isn't the same kind of frozen rope that gets there super quick.
Thanks. Goff might be the best choice in my league to replace my backup to Wilson, Lance. 14 teams, backups have value for bye weeks and injury, that would be GB @ DET week 9. At least the weather will be good. Garoppolo is available rn but has the same bye week - I was hoping to trade Lance if he did well.

Losing Schultz for the hopefully short term future how would you rank Tonyan, I. Smith, Conklin?

What'd you end up with?

I'd go Conklin then Irv. Tonyan shouldn't be a consideration, he doesn't run enough routes - been on a pitch count as he's coming off ACL. It might bump up from the current 40% to his traditional snap count of 60%, but that's still low. The only productive TE who doesn't see 75-80% of snaps is Andrews and he's often times lining up in the slot or the boundary. Similar story for Irv Week 1 but he was back to normal usage on MNF.
  • Conklin 72 snaps, 46 routes; 66 snaps, 39 routes
  • Smith 18 snaps, 13 routes; 33 snaps, 30 routes
  • Tonyan 22 snaps 17 routes; 26 snaps 13 routes

Losing Schultz for the hopefully short term future how would you rank Tonyan, I. Smith, Conklin?

What'd you end up with?

I'd go Conklin then Irv. Tonyan shouldn't be a consideration, he doesn't run enough routes - been on a pitch count as he's coming off ACL. It might bump up from the current 40% to his traditional snap count of 60%, but that's still low. The only productive TE who doesn't see 75-80% of snaps is Andrews and he's often times lining up in the slot or the boundary. Similar story for Irv Week 1 but he was back to normal usage on MNF.
In one league, I dropped Kmet for Juwan. Irv was already rostered. Could have had Conklin, but what worried me is that his target shares are wildly inflated by Flacco's passing volume (102 attempts in two weeks!) and I don't see that sustaining no matter who the Jets QB is. Johnson is getting slightly fewer targets, but a much higher share relative to his team's volume.

I don't think either really has a path to being a Top Two option for his team, so these are definitely floor plays. But when you've been living in the Kmet Basement, a floor looks pretty damn fine

ROS, rank these WW backups available:

Jimmy Garappolo
Jared Goff
Trevor Lawrence
Tua Tagovailoa
Tua Tagovailoa
Jared Goff
Trevor Lawrence
Jimmy Garappolo
+1 I could see Goff & Lawrence flip-flopped because Lawrence can actually run a bit.
Also, the odds that Goff moves out of the streamer category and becomes an every week starter are very low. Whereas with Lawrence, it's by no means guaranteed, but far more within the realm of possibility.

IMO, that's a major consideration. I don't need to pick up a guy whose ceiling is QB9
You have two now that have a ceiling of QB9.

What'd you end up with?

In one league, I dropped Kmet for Juwan. Irv was already rostered. Could have had Conklin, but what worried me is that his target shares are wildly inflated by Flacco's passing volume (102 attempts in two weeks!) and I don't see that sustaining no matter who the Jets QB is. Johnson is getting slightly fewer targets, but a much higher share relative to his team's volume.

I don't think either really has a path to being a Top Two option for his team, so these are definitely floor plays. But when you've been living in the Kmet Basement, a floor looks pretty damn fine

Agreed, but the Jets are taking the "we want Zach to be 110% healthy" approach.

I've liked Juwan for a couple years, and in the one game we saw him Alvin wasn't his usual target hog self.

The Lance owner in our league was not rostering a backup.

Tua owner dropped him Saturday night.

Lance owner used all $100 to get him off waivers last night.
  1. Lance owner no backup $100 Winning Offer​

2. Murray owner no backup $47 (Lower Offer)​

3. former Tua owner $35 (Lower Offer)​

4. Stafford/Fields owner $26 (Lower Offer)​

5. Wilson owner $11 (Lower Offer)​

6. Dak/Wentz owner $5 (Lower Offer)​

That's the most bids we've had on a single player this year. Samuel - 5, Pittsburgh DST - 4, Burkhead - 3.

Weak sauce WW so far this year.
Spending all of your WW $ on a QB doesn’t seem like a recipe for success lol

The Lance owner in our league was not rostering a backup.

Tua owner dropped him Saturday night.

Lance owner used all $100 to get him off waivers last night.
  1. Lance owner no backup $100 Winning Offer​

2. Murray owner no backup $47 (Lower Offer)​

3. former Tua owner $35 (Lower Offer)​

4. Stafford/Fields owner $26 (Lower Offer)​

5. Wilson owner $11 (Lower Offer)​

6. Dak/Wentz owner $5 (Lower Offer)​

That's the most bids we've had on a single player this year. Samuel - 5, Pittsburgh DST - 4, Burkhead - 3.

Weak sauce WW so far this year.
I had Derek Carr as my only QB. Since he has a Week 6 Bye I knew I had to start shopping, plus Carr hasn't been as good as I hoped he'd be with the arrival of Adams.

I picked up Tua today for $133 (out of 1000). The only other bid was for $101, from the Lance owner, who had no other QB. (My original bid was $113, but I bumped it to $133 before going to bed. I guess I could have stayed at $113).

Pretty surprising to me since most teams in our league traditionally roster 2 QBs but many only going with 1 this year. But we are located in Buffalo, and Tua faces the Bills this week, so maybe everybody thinks the Bills D will squish him along with the rest of the fish. But neither Dane Jackson or Micah Hyde finished the game Monday (Jackson did walk out of the hospital Tuesday morning - excellent news), and Tre White is still out on PUP. The fish might just go max protect on every down if Jackson and Hyde are out.

In his last 6 starts, Goff has outscored Trevor in magic football 5 times. Since Thanksgiving, he has 17 TDs and 3 INT in his last 7 starts.
I wouldn’t place too much significance on Goff outscoring Lawrence during that span. Lawrence was epically awful. I’m gambling on the generational talent of Lawrence. He was bad week one but played very well week two. He put up solid numbers last week even though it wasn’t the best game script. I think it will be close between who will score more points. I think Goff has the upside in good matchups. I’d be concerned when he play‘s against a dominant pass rush because he’s not so good when the play falls apart. I think Lawrence will be more consistent.

It’s hard to bet against Tua having those two guy’s to throw to. My gut tells me to temper expectations going forward. The Ravens D was really beat up in this game. I would bet on a big regression game this week.

Thanks. Goff might be the best choice in my league to replace my backup to Wilson, Lance. 14 teams, backups have value for bye weeks and injury, that would be GB @ DET week 9. At least the weather will be good. Garoppolo is available rn but has the same bye week - I was hoping to trade Lance if he did well.
I started the season with the same two QBs and thought like you that there was a chance I could trade one of the QBs. Now I am desperate for QB help in a league that holds second QBs. I could use my second WW spot to snag Wentz or just wait and hope Russell gets his act together. Maybe I pick up Z Wilson after waivers clear to hold my WW spot and hope the kid can play.

talk of Brian Robinson returning in week 5 if you have an empty IR slot.

In leagues with IR slots, how would Robinson ever be available?
There was uncertainty around when he would be playing again and he wasn't drafted

I just don't get why if he (or Jameson Williams for that matter) isn't drafted why you don't immediately cut the last player on your bench post-draft (or your kicker if you still play in leagues with one and drafted one), pick up the guy on PUP/IR, move him to the IR slot then pick someone healthy back up afterwards.

Snagged G Wilson with my #1 waiver and feel good about it
Use him while Flacco is under Center
Elijah Moore is on almost 90% of the snaps and drawing a lot of coverage from defenses.
I think it's going to shift a little more his way when Zach Wilson returns.
But Wilson is an exciting player and I think he benefits from not being the only good WR on this team.

The Jets are going to have one of the best tandems at WR very soon.

There was uncertainty around when he would be playing again and he wasn't drafted

I just don't get why if he (or Jameson Williams for that matter) isn't drafted why you don't immediately cut the last player on your bench post-draft (or your kicker if you still play in leagues with one and drafted one), pick up the guy on PUP/IR, move him to the IR slot then pick someone healthy back up afterwards.
I drafted Robinson (and added a kicker after the draft). Thought about doing the same with Williams, but what held me back was that, even after he returns to action, it's going to take a couple weeks before you trust him enough to start him. Could be true of Robinson as well, but with RBs there's a potentially faster path.

In any event, the question became moot once Kittle got hurt and I needed him for my other IR slot.

Because perhaps we play in leagues without an IR?

I started the season with the same two QBs and thought like you that there was a chance I could trade one of the QBs. Now I am desperate for QB help in a league that holds second QBs. I could use my second WW spot to snag Wentz or just wait and hope Russell gets his act together. Maybe I pick up Z Wilson after waivers clear to hold my WW spot and hope the kid can play.
Wentz is the #3 scoring QB in my league. He's putting it up 45 times a game, has solid weapons and a suspect D. He's better than R.Wilson ATM.

Denver WRs. Kendall Hinton back to practice squad though he got the majority of the vacated snaps last week.

Sutton's obviously the guy but Jeudy and Hamler are hurt. Hamler's supposed to go but I have no idea what he is at this stage.

Tyrie Cleveland is listed as a starter on the outside. 6'-2", 205#. If you're desperate and play in a really deep format. SF is a bad matchup though. More of a wait and see what happens approach IMO.

are we dropping K Toney in shallower leagues?
I would drop him if I had someone to pick up.
This is the question I was wrestling with for this waiver period. I was considering dropping him for Meyers or Shepherd. I decided against it. My thought process was that Toney is my WR4 (can start 3). I feel like I can always find someone to fill in as a WR3 in a given week and that's how I saw those two guys. I don't know if Toney will ever get his act together but if he does he could easily be a WR2 with his ability.

End result is it depends on what you are looking for. If you need a starter now I would definitely drop him.

I’m really debating how much in FAAB for Garrett Wilson. Looks great. Elite talent. But they won’t pass like they did the first 2 weeks either

I’m really debating how much in FAAB for Garrett Wilson. Looks great. Elite talent. But they won’t pass like they did the first 2 weeks either

A lot. The kid can get open with ease (so can Moore). He can be one of the great WRs in this league with good QB play.

It's not like they are going to be leading teams much. The issue is really Z Wilson. Flacco focused on G Wilson even when Moore was open. Maybe Z Wilson builds similar chemistry with G Wilson, but he's going to have improve from last year for G Wilson to do well. I would take the chance and pay a good amount. The ceiling is very high.

Strangely…Garrett Wilson not picked up (I grabbed Curtis Samuel). Interesting as well that Wentz remains available and I pickex Tua.

And wondering if I picked the wrong two.

Eno Benjamin?

Connor was hurt I think, Darrel Williams did an admirable job but I wouldn't assume anything if Connor cannot play next week
Thoughts on Darrel/Eno?

Both are available in my league. Looks like Conner is ok to play this week, but he’s not exactly the picture of health. If Conner goes down, do we think it will be a true split RBBC?

Eno Benjamin?

Connor was hurt I think, Darrel Williams did an admirable job but I wouldn't assume anything if Connor cannot play next week
Thoughts on Darrel/Eno?

Both are available in my league. Looks like Conner is ok to play this week, but he’s not exactly the picture of health. If Conner goes down, do we think it will be a true split RBBC?
Darrel looked good and had the high value touches. They pretty much split touches over all. It’s hard to get exited about either of these two but Williams has shown he can be an every down type of back in the past. I think he’s a good stash. Conner will be in and out of the lineup.

Eno Benjamin?

Thoughts on Darrel/Eno?

Williams is the fav to get the most work this week. Eno shows some promise but he isn't the lead RB.

What'd you end up with?

I ended up with Irv Smith. Liked him over Conklin. When healthy Schultz will be starting for me so I took Smith figuring he has more upside than Conklin. Otherwise I see them about the same.

week 3 pick ups if available:
B. Robinson Wash RB
might be early but D Watson is going to change the trajectory of this offense get in way before anyone else claims him.
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Wentz - pains me to say it.
Danny Dimes
Sterling Shepherd. there is literally no one else in NY, Toney is waste.
I still will bet the farm that Dalvin cook gets hurt - that's why Mattison is a priority waiver add. that and Vikings have been dangling him as trade bait.

Shepard does seem to be the near term guy with Golladay totally out of favor and Toney seemingly not far behind him. The guy I'm most interested there is Wan'dale Robinson - he's the 2nd round pick that the new regime handpicked. He's been obviously hurt, but have to think he'll have a prominent role once he's back.

B. Robinson Wash RB
might be early but D Watson is going to change the trajectory of this offense get in way before anyone else claims him.
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
I still will bet the farm that Dalvin cook gets hurt - that's why Mattison is a priority waiver add. that and Vikings have been dangling him as trade bait.
Because of waiting so long to get a QB and watching many go just before in several mid to later rounds, I ended up with Cousins as my starting QB. Blah. So, in order to help the future of my team I added D Watson thinking of a run for 7 weeks to close the season. He's a long ways away and he won't even cover a bye week. Someone dropped Brady. There are concerns here, but once the weapons return and Gronk (lol) I may just opt to put a claim in for Brady dropping D Watson. It's a tough bench hold as well. I gotta do it. Both QB's projected for around 18-20 points a game anyway. Watson has potential high ceilings with rushing yards as well. Watson doesn't have a solid WR corp either.

Brian Robinson or Jordan Mason, which has more value for the rest of the year?

I've got Herbert at the end of my bench and like him but Robinson seems like he will join a pretty decent offense and the team was not planning on Gibson being the lead back.

Mason is just a Wilson away from getting some real touches in San Fran and people on these boards think if he gets a chance that he will take over at least until Mitchell returns.

What say you? I lean Robinson and still may just hold but Monty did have a good game last week and it's going to be some time before Herbert wins the starting RB spot.

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Because of waiting so long to get a QB and watching many go just before in several mid to later rounds, I ended up with Cousins as my starting QB. Blah. So, in order to help the future of my team I added D Watson thinking of a run for 7 weeks to close the season. He's a long ways away and he won't even cover a bye week. Someone dropped Brady. There are concerns here, but once the weapons return and Gronk (lol) I may just opt to put a claim in for Brady dropping D Watson. It's a tough bench hold as well. I gotta do it. Both QB's projected for around 18-20 points a game anyway. Watson has potential high ceilings with rushing yards as well. Watson doesn't have a solid WR corp either.
Brady is worthless this week but I can see a big swing his way when he gets Evans and Godwin back, as early as Week 4.

Mason is just a Wilson away from getting some real touches in San Fran and people on these boards think if he gets a chance that he will take over at least until Mitchell returns.
Lots of discussion in the Mason thread. The complication is that Marlon Mack and (yes) Tevin Coleman may also enter the mix. Those two guys are past whatever prime they had, but Shanahan may trust them over Mason - have to see how this plays out.

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Brady is worthless this week but I can see a big swing his way when he gets Evans and Godwin back, as early as Week 4.
Agreed. Brady at an all time low for week 3. Best buy low time. He was dropped. I know there is talk that Brady is washed up. Not so fast, Lee Corso. You're correct, MoP, just a matter of time when his arsenal returns with Evans and Godwin - having both of them on the field is key and opens up the entire offense. I still believe Brady is a QB #1 for the ROS after this week.

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Agreed. Brady at an all time low for week 3. Best buy low time. He was dropped. I know there is talk that Brady is washed up. Not so fast, Lee Corso. You're correct, MoP, just a matter of time when his arsenal returns with Evans and Godwin - having both of them on the field is key and opens up the entire offense. I still believe Brady is a QB #1 for the ROS after this week.
Even when they come back, he’s a matchup-based starter at best. He’s probably not scoring a TD, nor will he get you rushing yards. The position has really changed in fantasy, he’s a dinosaur.

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Even when they come back, he’s a matchup-based starter at best. He’s probably not scoring a TD, nor will he get you rushing yards. The position has really changed in fantasy, he’s a dinosaur.
To be fair, that was what many fantasy pundits said about Brady last year with the same collection of talent - that without the rushing floor he would be mediocre - and he proved everyone wrong. Granted, this could be the year that he comes back down to earth, but it would probably be due to injuries/situation/coaching than anything else.

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Brady is fine. The rest of the team is not. If he has a healthy Godwin and Evans he probably will be a low end number 1. They won’t be nearly as explosive as last year though..

Last edited:
Brian Robinson or Jordan Mason, which has more value for the rest of the year?

I've got Herbert at the end of my bench and like him but Robinson seems like he will join a pretty decent offense and the team was not planning on Gibson being the lead back.

What say you? I lean Robinson and still may just hold but Monty did have a good game last week and it's going to be some time before Herbert wins the starting RB spot.
I'd lean Robinson. At the same time I'd make room for both so you can give mason one more week. If he doesn't get touches or looks bad on touches then he's probably a safe drop.

How do we feel about Jared Goff? More of a fluke or is this Lions offense legit behind a great o-line. Sadly Lions seem to be a run first team, but look to be able to hold their own in shoot out type games. Lions looked better against Philly than Vikings did.

How do we feel about Jared Goff? More of a fluke or is this Lions offense legit behind a great o-line. Sadly Lions seem to be a run first team, but look to be able to hold their own in shoot out type games. Lions looked better against Philly than Vikings did.

Could do worse as a backup/emergency starter. Grabbed him myself in the league where I had Cousins/Lance

I drafted Robinson (and added a kicker after the draft). Thought about doing the same with Williams, but what held me back was that, even after he returns to action, it's going to take a couple weeks before you trust him enough to start him. Could be true of Robinson as well, but with RBs there's a potentially faster path.

In any event, the question became moot once Kittle got hurt and I needed him for my other IR slot.
I have BRob, Nuk and Jameson W…..just in time for bye weeks and potential injuries

B. Robinson Wash RB
Dotson
L. Thomas
Evan Engram
Danny Dimes
Brady is fine. The rest of the team is not. If he has a healthy Godwin and Evans he probably will be a low end number 1. They won’t be nearly as explosive as last though.
With the OL issues, I can see them just getting thru the season winning with defense and running more.

I have BRob, Nuk and Jameson W…..just in time for bye weeks and potential injuries
Your platform lets you put Hopkins on IR? Yahoo specifically excludes guess who are suspended.

If you can do it, Nuk is perfect for IR, because once he’s back, he’s back. My point with Williams was that you’ll probably need to use a roster spot on him for at least a couple weeks once he comes off IR, without knowing if he will ever pay off

Users who are viewing this thread