What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 2 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

How do we feel about Jared Goff? More of a fluke or is this Lions offense legit behind a great o-line. Sadly Lions seem to be a run first team, but look to be able to hold their own in shoot out type games. Lions looked better against Philly than Vikings did.
Gonna start him over Brady

Goff:
Not who any of us were planning on starting this season but if you drafted Rodgers, Lance, Winston, Brady or even Wilson then you've probably either pulled the trigger this week or are seriously considering it. He's in the lower top 10 QB range right now and the schedule isn't too bad for him to keep posting some decent #s.

Oh well.

Goff @MN
or
Mariota @Sea
Same decision. It could change but right now I'm leaning towards Mariota. Solid fantasy efforts against good defenses so far.

Also, I'm tinkering with the idea of starting a different quarterback every game this season. Winston, Goff so far. Starting Goff would shut it before it starts.

B. Robinson he's coming back soon, so just grab him now and wait.
Deshaun Watson - never too early to grab Watson Browns offense is clicking on all cylinders. When he enters the fray watch out!
for those doing the weekly defense pickup strategy, look at the Houston defense. Lovie returning to Chicago, big proponent of cover-2 which Justin Fields has no idea how to attack. Fields might toss 3 picks in the game...in the first half ..he's THAT bad.

Pickup Question... 14 team Dynasty. no ppr

I own McCaffrey
Opponent this week has Herbert and no backup qb.

Do I drop Chubba Hubbard and pick up Chase Daniel to block him? There are no other qbs on waiver wire.. Should McCaffrey go down I am fine at Rb with Pollard or Hunt to replace him.

I own McCaffrey

Do I drop Chubba Hubbard and pick up Chase Daniel to block him? There are no other qbs on waiver wire.. Should McCaffrey go down I am fine at Rb with Pollard or Hunt to replace him.
I'm not sure Hubbard is even worth a roster space with or without McCaffrey - I think Foreman is the handcuff to have. So it might be a good move.

I own McCaffrey

I'm not sure Hubbard is even worth a roster space with or without McCaffrey - I think Foreman is the handcuff to have. So it might be a good move.
Agree about Hubbard although ATM it doesn't seem like Matt.I.Rule has even considered backups to McCaffrey.

McCaffrey 96 snaps (86%) 35 opportunities.

Foreman 10 snaps (9%) 4 opportunities.

Hubbard 5 snaps (4.5%) 1 opportunity.

I own McCaffrey

Agree about Hubbard although ATM it doesn't seem like Matt.I.Rule has even considered backups to McCaffrey.

McCaffrey 96 snaps (86%) 35 opportunities.

Foreman 10 snaps (9%) 4 opportunities.

Hubbard 5 snaps (4.5%) 1 opportunity.
True - with CMC, it's going to be hard to gauge the backup on usage, as he doesn't leave the field much at all when healthy.

I guess I'm making a judgement based on last year, when Hubbard didn't do very well when CMC went down. Perhaps it would be more of an RBBC, but my money would be on Foreman.

Losing Schultz for the hopefully short term future how would you rank Tonyan, I. Smith, Conklin?

What'd you end up with?

I'd go Conklin then Irv. Tonyan shouldn't be a consideration, he doesn't run enough routes - been on a pitch count as he's coming off ACL. It might bump up from the current 40% to his traditional snap count of 60%, but that's still low. The only productive TE who doesn't see 75-80% of snaps is Andrews and he's often times lining up in the slot or the boundary. Similar story for Irv Week 1 but he was back to normal usage on MNF.
  • Conklin 72 snaps, 46 routes; 66 snaps, 39 routes
  • Smith 18 snaps, 13 routes; 33 snaps, 30 routes
  • Tonyan 22 snaps 17 routes; 26 snaps 13 routes
In one league, I dropped Kmet for Juwan. Irv was already rostered. Could have had Conklin, but what worried me is that his target shares are wildly inflated by Flacco's passing volume (102 attempts in two weeks!) and I don't see that sustaining no matter who the Jets QB is. Johnson is getting slightly fewer targets, but a much higher share relative to his team's volume.

I don't think either really has a path to being a Top Two option for his team, so these are definitely floor plays. But when you've been living in the Kmet Basement, a floor looks pretty damn fine
Same thing I did. Kmet to the bench and picked up Juwan. I just want a few points out of my TE

Herbert owners should cover themselves and pick up Mariota. Sounds like it’s going to be a GTD, I still don’t think he’s playing. Mariota vs Seattle isn’t the worst option and it’s the same starting time.

Users who are viewing this thread