What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pure Squistion Entertainment (formerly the Colin Kaepernick thread) (2 Viewers)

Kaep Sitting for Anthem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. No I don't 

2. I support people's right to protest or not participate.
On these boards and really that's all we have to go on, you support the peoples rights to protest. And laugh at, make fun of, or ridicule those with the opposite views.

When you're standing (or sitting) behind the irradiant Blaine Gabbert, you reeeeally gotta be special to get noticed. Dunno why he doesn't just work the Squidward angle...

To be honest, I hate him more for the time he had a 90 yard rushing TD, his only rushing TD of the season, the one week he was on my bench!  :rant:

Just trying to lighten things up here.

It's possible to think there are a lot of positive elements to this country while also not seeing nationalism as appropriate. There are also negative elements. And everything in between. Nationalism is a weird psychological impulse. Not unlike religion, it has been around for awhile and the herd seems to keep it going. But not everybody finds it logical.
:thumbup:

Jemele Hill ‏@jemelehill  5h5 hours ago
Jemele Hill Retweeted John Hanson ⚾ ⚾ ⚾ ⚾

It was written by a racist slaveowner, and was meant to be a pro-slavery anthem. It is what it is.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand

Between their lov'd home and the war's desolation!

Blest with vict'ry and peace may the heav'n rescued land

Praise the power that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto - "In God is our trust,"  

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

"Guys died so he would have the right to do this! He should respect them by not exercising that right!"

Makes sense.

Meh.  I don't agree with him but I am happy to live in a country where he can express his right to free speech.  I have more important things to worry about than what Colin Kaepernick is doing during a preseason national anthem.

See? Racist slaveowners can't even write one good song. Barry Manilow, now - THAT guy could write a good anthem.
Sorry to burst your bubble. Even he kept a club boy chained to the white piano in his Hamptons house for the entire '82 off-season. The view was lovely, but I......*sniff*......go on....i can't finish.................

I've known you for a long time, respect your views on a lot of things, but I wonder, do you instill in your students your views that America and everything it stands for is not something to take pride in?

I don't recall your views after 9/11, but I wonder if you preached that being attacked like that was something to not be condemned but to look into what America did to cause it and what we can do to change?

Your opinions are usually always anti American, or come across that way...... Well unless it's all schtick. 
Sconch is a teacher?  That's some really scary ####.

Meh, who cares.  That's why they say "please rise for the..."  They don't say "get on your feet or else."  
They used to say "please take off your shoes" at the airport until jack###es like me assumed that meant leaving them on was an option.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Even he kept a club boy chained to the white piano in his Hamptons house for the entire '82 off-season. The view was lovely, but I......*sniff*......go on....i can't finish.................
But....but...he came and gave without taking!

Hate to break it to you guys: football is meaningless. Kaepernick's protest and explanation thereof is about an issue that is incredibly important.

Feel like our priorities are a little screwy in here.

Seems like another celebrity got bamboozled by the narrative of BLM. His statement mentioning bodies laying in the street while people get paid leave and away with murder. So stupid. 

Note to the non standers:

You have the freedom to not stand during the National Anthem,,,And the guy next to you who's kid died protecting your freedom has the freedom to beat the #### out of you until the authorities intervene....And I have the freedom to clap and root on the guy beating your ###....

The BLM movement has been big pretty in the Bay Area for years, yet this guy has been nowhere to be seen.  Suddenly he sucks and isn't starting and NOW he wants to make a statement.

He's throwing a temper-tantrum as a distraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

You have the freedom to not stand during the National Anthem,,,And the guy next to you who's kid died protecting your freedom has the freedom to beat the #### out of you until the authorities intervene....And I have the freedom to clap and root on the guy beating your ###....
So somebody is going to go to jail for beating up a guy for not standing? That seems dumb. I doubt somebody would want to start swinging on Kaepernick either. :shrug:

I always stand and like the pre-game ceremony but it's so so strange people are bothered by those who don't. 

The BLM movement has been big pretty in the Bay Area for years, yet this guy has been nowhere to be seen.  Suddenly he sucks and isn't starting and NOW he wants to make a statement.

This is how I see it. Pure petulance.

also reading his GF is Bay Area radio personality into BLM

Seems like another celebrity got bamboozled by the narrative of BLM. His statement mentioning bodies laying in the street while people get paid leave and away with murder. So stupid. 
He should have stuck with "the Star Spangled Banner is a pro-slavery anthem written by a racist".

Explain how a person who got a $12M signing bonus to play a game is being oppressed?  If that is oppression - sign me up!

Hate to break it to you guys: football is meaningless. Kaepernick's protest and explanation thereof is about an issue that is incredibly important.

Feel like our priorities are a little screwy in here.
Except more people care about the NFL season than the issue this dolt is whining about - sorry, truth hurts.

Actually that is a right, not a freedom.

However, no one has the right to the beat the crap out of somebody because they exercised that form of speech (albeit silent and passive).

Actually, that guy does not have a right to beat anyone's a##. He has a choice. One that is not legal. Otherwise the authorities would not be required, a law would not be broken, and said man would not be going to the big house. So, in short, you're actually 100% wrong.

F--- off America! 

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1077684-titans-avery-williamson-honoring-9-11-victims-with-patriotic-cleats

A Titans spokesperson told The Associated Press on Monday that Williamson had not decided whether he would wear the shoes or not for the game. He likely will need special permission from the league (or face the possibility of a fine) in order to do so.
Those are beautiful. Avery, a nice young LB in his own right, should tell Roger to go suck his toe when he fines him.

Support the protest one hundred percent. Would like see more civil disobedience from professional athletes in this country.

Yeah, the fact that the guy who beat the #### out of the non-stander would wind up in jail says otherwise. So dumb.

I've seen a lot of spinals, Dude. And this guy's a fake. A ####ing goldbricker. This guy ####ing walks. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

Support the protest one hundred percent. Would like see more civil disobedience from professional athletes in this country.
:lmao:  I'm glad he conveniently decided that now is a good time to protest AFTER he lost his starting job.  He doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Right, because he was protesting oppression of Colin Kaepernick only. 
He said "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

Is  he not black or a person of color?

The point dear boy is that he is not oppressed and neither are blacks or people of color - even making such a claim demonstrates a complete lack of empathy for the millions of people who have actually been oppressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread