What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pure Squistion Entertainment (formerly the Colin Kaepernick thread) (1 Viewer)

Kaep Sitting for Anthem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate him, I've hated him, I've documented my disdain for this guy for years here. This just adds to my fire. He's just such a gigantic piece of garbage in every possible aspect, yet I read columns in the NY Daily News about the great stand this guy is taking, it's angering.

He just finds a new way to continually top it. Maybe he's the greatest troll on Earth? IDK, but #### him! 
Sounds like you have anger issues. Grow up and stop projecting your short-comings on people you don't know. That may help you in making decisions for the 10 million (or whatever your claim was) people you are in charge of, because I reckon many of your indentured servants feel the same about you.

I don't see that sporting events should be opened with the playing of the national anthem any more than they should be opened with an invocation to a deity whether through words or sacrificing virgins.  Makes no sense to me.  Still, I choose to stand through the ceremony.  It does not discommode me if others do not.  I also choose to respect the rules of houses of worship when I enter them though I myself lack belief.

Sounds like you have anger issues. Grow up and stop projecting your short-comings on people you don't know. That may help you in making decisions for the 10 million (or whatever your claim was) people you are in charge of, because I reckon many of your indentured servants feel the same about you.
You aren't a fan of a particular franchise that gives you rooting interest with likes and dislikes of certain players? I guess that concept is strange to you based off of your post :shrug:

And impacting the decision tree, U/X, and monetization of a Comscore top 30 destination, impacts the browsing experience of well over 10M people, actually over 10x that TBH. It sounds so crazy it must be made up, kinda just shows what a foreign concept something like that is to some people. 

I wrote in the other thread that Kaepernick has the absolute right to be an idiot and an #######, and I have the right to say "#### you Colin." 

It bothers me. I'm not "outraged" because I really don't care all that much but it is disrespectful and it does bother me. Especially since his comments afterwards were extremely vague (as is the whole Black Lives Matter movement, which I've mentioned here several times).

The angry minority voices of the 1960s, such as the two track athletes who refused to salute the flag at the 1968 Olympics, had IMO much more justifiable and specific complaints against this country. But even then, had I been aware (I was 3 years old at the time) I would have disapproved. I'm not a "love it or leave it" kind of guy but I feel sadness and  a bit of contempt for anybody who doesn't love it. Despite all of our faults, which are many, this is still the greatest country in the history of civilization, and we continue to be as great as we've ever been. 

Fat reality is Kap has been beaten out by Blaine  :censored:  Gabbert, he's missed the first two preseason games with a 'DEAD' arm, and he's been on the trading block with no takers and is probably a lot closer to being on the cutting block than people know. 

He's now got a head coach who treats skill stars like interchangeable parts but who also was accused of racism by scalded players at his last job. So this action explains itself. Blame & distract and the 9ers are too scared to get rid of him because it will look like retaliation and racism.

And oh yeah - the league fined Kaep last year or so for using a racial epithet at a black player.

I don't give a fig what Kaepernick did. 

However, I do want to push back, as I have before, and point out that not every quick reaction is a "hot take" (a term that's close to ready for retirement IMO).  Not every situation requires days of careful musing before expressing an opinion.  Seems like a "hot take" is any opinion the "hot take" label user feels is stupid.  
I know you have a propensity for being reflexively irate over things I say simply because I am the messenger... but please understand your post here demonstrates next-to-zero understanding of what makes a hot take HOT.   

I recommend reading through the first 4-5 pages of the HOT TAKES thread.  You will have a deeper understanding of what constitutes a HOT TAKE.  And there's some hilarious and creative stuff in there satirizing the pundits who make a living creating heat.

Maybe he should look down at the shield on his jersey, then take the time to learn why it looks the way it does.  If he does not want to honor the flag he better take that jersey off.  Oh and stop cashing the checks it generates.

I get this is a common thing that liberals like to talk about a lot but it's just as silly and you say "nationalism"  is.   Crazy to think the day has come where the people who have done nothing for our country not only don't appreciate what has been done by those who have come before them but feel a form of patriotism for their country is dumb and divides the country.   The cynicism that people have these days is so sad.  I simply cannot understand this irrational thought process.
Congrats! You're the first person who has expressed how butthurt you got after falsely perceiving my post as a shot at America! I was waiting for you guys.

I get this is a common thing that liberals like to talk about a lot but it's just as silly and you say "nationalism"  is.   Crazy to think the day has come where the people who have done nothing for our country not only don't appreciate what has been done by those who have come before them but feel a form of patriotism for their country is dumb and divides the country.   The cynicism that people have these days is so sad.  I simply cannot understand this irrational thought process.
We have some people on the left that are as radical as the rights tea party members.  I am pretty liberal but some of the things I read make me shake my head.  

It kind of pisses me off that you blame "liberals" for this idiot. What about Donald Trump? How is "Make America Great Again" any different? Both guys have the same premise: that we're not great right now. Well #### both of them. 

Congrats! You're the first person who has expressed how butthurt you got after falsely perceiving my post as a shot at America! I was waiting for you guys.
Not that I care or know what post you are even referring too. But sounds as if you were purposely baiting folks and are upset it took so long to get the reaction you wanted.

The fact that he makes a ton of cash is irrelevant. He doesn't have to stand (I don't think it's a rule of the NFL) but it's a bad look and I'm not a 'Murica guy.

Can't say I can remember him talking (only remember the Hawks kicking his ### all the time) so I may be wrong, but I doubt he can speak eloquently enough about this minefield of a topic to make a compelling argument and he's just going to come across like a big ####### here. 

Count me as a "meh". If I were to go around and ##### and complain everytime someone did something that didn't jibe with the socially accepted/demanded rituals and rites that we've established for ourselves in this country......I wouldn't have time to do anything else.  Do I think he's being a bit of a #####?  Yes.  Have I walked a mile in his shoes? No. Do I think his detractors are Gladys Kravitzing it a bit? Yes. Have I walked a mile in their shoes? No. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I care or know what post you are even referring too. But sounds as if you were purposely baiting folks and are upset it took so long to get the reaction you wanted.
If you care enough, read the post he responded to.

If you don't, you would be incorrect on your assessment.

He can exercise his right to protest all he wants, but he has to accept the backlash from people who disagree with him.  For me, it's a meh issue.

He can exercise his right to protest all he wants, but he has to accept the backlash from people who disagree with him.  For me, it's a meh issue.
I agree with this.

I also think it is a brilliant move on his part. He is sub-par QB on the cusp of getting cut and losing endorsements. So now he can play the victim card when it happens. "Oh I was released because I was standing up for something."

Enjoy your stint in the Arena League, bozo.  

I'd have more respect for him if he actually took meaningful action to help solve the problem.

Sitting down during the anthem will change nothing except perhaps making his self feel better...kind of an idiot move if you ask me, but I'm not mad about it.

That tweet sucks balls.  I respect the fact that that guy served his country and suffered for it but that doesn't mean his opinion is any more valid than Kap's.
I've known you for a long time, respect your views on a lot of things, but I wonder, do you instill in your students your views that America and everything it stands for is not something to take pride in?

I don't recall your views after 9/11, but I wonder if you preached that being attacked like that was something to not be condemned but to look into what America did to cause it and what we can do to change?

Your opinions are usually always anti American, or come across that way...... Well unless it's all schtick. 

I'd have more respect for him if he actually took meaningful action to help solve the problem.

Sitting down during the anthem will change nothing except perhaps making his self feel better...kind of an idiot move if you ask me, but I'm not mad about it.
He can stand like everyone else and simply close his eyes, bow his head or not and think about nude women but the speech and answers after the game is what really irks me. He is encouraging others to do the same and Badall is going to hammer down on the misguided CK this week, be it in the public or behind closed doors. 

We have some people on the left that are as radical as the rights tea party members.  I am pretty liberal but some of the things I read make me shake my head.  
I've never thought you were crazy Left and find your posts and avatar funny as hell. Please keep being you. 

We've come a long way from Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf getting suspended for a game for not standing during the national anthem.

I've known you for a long time, respect your views on a lot of things, but I wonder, do you instill in your students your views that America and everything it stands for is not something to take pride in?

I don't recall your views after 9/11, but I wonder if you preached that being attacked like that was something to not be condemned but to look into what America did to cause it and what we can do to change?

Your opinions are usually always anti American, or come across that way...... Well unless it's all schtick. 
I am anything but anti-American.

Let me ask you this...Does standing and removing one's hat for the anthem, saying the Pledge, flying a flag at your house etc = being a "good American"?   Do you think that not participating in public displays of patriotism = patriotism?

My answer to those questions is a resounding NO.

He has the right to do it for whatever reason he wants. 

I have the the right to believe that he's a piece of crap for doing it. 

He exercised his freedom of speech to express that the country needs to do a better job of living up to the ideal that all men are created equal.  How anti-American of him....

In a perfect world, refs swallow whistles when Rams D targets him with late hits on 9/12 in prime time. When he complains, refs point to USA flag in rafters and say, "If you don't want to be upright, it is your right as an American." Home SF crowd who loves America cheers on refs.

Can we get to the root of the problem here? And that is - as a piece of music - the National Anthem sucks. It's almost as if some hack like Reznor or Cobain wrote it. The melody stinks and the lyrics feel like a round peg being shoved into a square hole.

Can we get to the root of the problem here? And that is - as a piece of music - the National Anthem sucks. It's almost as if some hack like Reznor or Cobain wrote it. The melody stinks and the lyrics feel like a round peg being shoved into a square hole.
It's not Proud to Be an American bad, but it's close.

In a perfect world, refs swallow whistles when Rams D targets him with late hits on 9/12 in prime time. When he complains, refs point to USA flag in rafters and say, "If you don't want to be upright, it is your right as an American." Home SF crowd who loves America cheers on refs.
So you force him to "love" America or risk getting killed? How is this any different from Nazi Germany or the USSR under Stalin?

He exercised his freedom of speech to express that the country needs to do a better job of living up to the ideal that all men are created equal.  How anti-American of him....

Couldn't he have just gotten another tat to express himself?

Meh, who cares.  That's why they say "please rise for the..."  They don't say "get on your feet or else."  

:lmao:

I am anything but anti-American.

Let me ask you this...Does standing and removing one's hat for the anthem, saying the Pledge, flying a flag at your house etc = being a "good American"?   Do you think that not participating in public displays of patriotism = patriotism?

My answer to those questions is a resounding NO.
First, I didn't exactly mean you were anti-American, just don't like much about it, which is completely your right.

Second, No of course that stuff doesn't make you a good American. I don't have a problem with people questioning the Gov't. They should. No one should be a blind "homer" so to speak. But peoples actions are way more apparent to people than how they think, no one can see into anothers mind and that's how reputations and opinions of people are formed.

You condemn people that show their American pride and support those that condemn/rally against/ protest anything to do with American pride.

It's possible to think there are a lot of positive elements to this country while also not seeing nationalism as appropriate. There are also negative elements. And everything in between. Nationalism is a weird psychological impulse. Not unlike religion, it has been around for awhile and the herd seems to keep it going. But not everybody finds it logical.

Did you watch any Olympic medal ceremonies? I think most of the Central/South American anthems could've been ghost-written by Vegas lounge acts.

While not perfect, the National Anthem is far from the bottom of the heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread