What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Daniel Jones, NYG (1 Viewer)

Warren Sharp
this is wild

the easiest time to pass the ball is on 1st down

Daniel Jones ranked #48 of 48 QBs on 1st down efficiency (min 100 att in 2023)

just 30% of att were successful

NFL avg is 46%

a lot of it was sacks... ok...

BUT EVEN IF YOU REMOVE SACKS

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

gross

even removing sacks, he was pressured a a high rate... ok...

BUT EVEN IF YOU REMOVE ATTEMPTS UNDER PRESSURE

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

only Bailey Zappe was worse

🤢

Warren Sharp
this is wild

NFL avg is 46%

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

gross

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

🤢
I'd love to know how many were catchable balls on 1st down. I mean he easily had the worst WR core in the league last year. Just wonder how many of those were drops, wrong routes vs just uncatchable balls?

Warren Sharp
this is wild

NFL avg is 46%

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

gross

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

🤢
This is just not True ... Dont know if it's completely made up or if i'm missing something ????

2023 Advanced Splits​

PassingRushing
SplitValueCmpAttIncCmp%YdsTD1DIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/AAttYdsY/ATD1D
Down1st44652167.69407011178.215-846.35.5712655.402
2nd34511766.67233113358.75-284.62.3110686.813
3rd27391269.23236116272.29-506.14.2613604.607
4th35260.003303079.61-56.66.605132.603

Here is a link to Jones Splits in 2023 ...

Warren Sharp
this is wild

NFL avg is 46%

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

gross

he ranked #47 of 48 QBs

🤢
This is just not True ... Dont know if it's completely made up or if i'm missing something ????

2023 Advanced Splits​

PassingRushing
SplitValueCmpAttIncCmp%YdsTD1DIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/AAttYdsY/ATD1D
Down1st44652167.69407011178.215-846.35.5712655.402
2nd34511766.67233113358.75-284.62.3110686.813
3rd27391269.23236116272.29-506.14.2613604.607
4th35260.003303079.61-56.66.605132.603

Here is a link to Jones Splits in 2023 ...
All Jones can do is run the play and complete the pass ... Giants were 3rd worst in the NFL YAC

I think both these things can be true:

1) Daniel Jones isn't a good QB.

2) The Giants have been maybe the worst team in the NFL over the last 5 years at surrounding the QB with talent.

Its why I think the Giants would be dumb to draft a QB this year. What damage are you gonna do to, let's say JJ McCarthy, if you can't block and nobody gets open? Its not like the job got easier with Barkley leaving.

2) The Giants have been maybe the worst team in the NFL over the last 5 years at surrounding the QB with talent.

Its why I think the Giants would be dumb to draft a QB this year. What damage are you gonna do to, let's say JJ McCarthy, if you can't block and nobody gets open? Its not like the job got easier with Barkley leaving.
Two more things that can be true.
1. Putting a rookie QB into this situation is recipe for disaster.
2. If the giants add a good player in the first this year, their chances of their draft pick being high enough to get a top QB next year decrease.

Best thing for them is to trade back. Add a 2025 1st. Best case, to Denver.

My guess is, if they take a QB this year they let that guy sit behind the vaunted Drew Lock for most of the season. Until they feel like the OL isn't going to get the kid killed.

Ralph Vacchiano
Giants GM Joe Schoen on QB Daniel Jones:

"When you go back and you watch the 2022 season, he was a 25-year-old player that played at a high level and won 10 games and won a playoff game. I'm still confident in Daniel, the way he’s wired, what he showed us in 2022. ...

(Schoen on Jones cont.) "... Again, did we have the best start to the season last year? Absolutely not. Anything that could have gone wrong, it seems like it did early on between injuries and some other things. I’ve still got a lot of confidence in Daniel.”

Jordan Raanan
The Giants say Daniel Jones participated in 7-on-7 drills. Jones and the Giants have said the expectation is he’s fully cleared for the start of training camp after tearing his ACL in November.

📸 Matt Swenson/Giants

I really liked Jones for fantasy going into last year, looking back at it, that seems so badly wrong. And obviously hindsight is 2020.

He was coming off 3 straight seasons with less than 20 passing touchdowns.
2022 was really boosted by his rushing. He had a career high 120 rushes, whereas he had never surpassed 64 in the past. He had 700 yards and 7 TD's. Previous bests were 423 and 2.

Now he's coming back from an ACL injury. I don't have high hopes for his rushing production this year.

He had no passing weapons. Maybe I thought Waller was going to help?

They had a terrible OL. I don't know if that was known going in or if they had injuries or what. But It was so bad. At times, watching the Giants, it felt like a high school OL going against an NFL Caliber DL. He was sacked 5 times per game. He threw under durress a lot.

I don't know how much better that is. Footballguys has the NYG OL Ranked 27th. I don't have high hopes.

The biggest win in his case is Malik Nabers. And I really like Malik Nabers. I think Nabers will have a high end WR2 to low end WR1 season due to his talent and complete lack of competition for targets. Maybe that will be the difference maker for Jones, and he'll put together a decent season. I just don't know if I can feel good about the guy.

Year 6 will be different?

He was top 10 2 years ago, so there's that.
Yeah, but....

2022 was really boosted by his rushing. He had a career high 120 rushes, whereas he had never surpassed 64 in the past. He had 700 yards and 7 TD's. Previous bests were 423 and 2.

Now he's coming back from an ACL injury. He has one of the worst offensive lines in football. And while that may lead to scrambles, I don't think he's going to be as quick/nimble his 1st year back.

He's never hit 3,300 passing yards.
He's had 20 or more passing touchdowns ONCE in a 5 year career.

He doesn't do enough in the passing game to be a regular starting QB. His rushing ability carried him to the one nice season he's had--and that's going to be hampered.

Year 6 will be different?

He was top 10 2 years ago, so there's that.
Yeah, but....

Now he's coming back from an ACL injury. He has one of the worst offensive lines in football. And while that may lead to scrambles, I don't think he's going to be as quick/nimble his 1st year back.

He's never hit 3,300 passing yards.
He's had 20 or more passing touchdowns ONCE in a 5 year career.

He doesn't do enough in the passing game to be a regular starting QB. His rushing ability carried him to the one nice season he's had--and that's going to be hampered.
He is what he is. He's got a better WR to throw to now, arguably the line has to be better b/c it was a bottom 5 all time line last year. But he's going from Saquon as a pass blocking RB and emergency dump off guy to tiny Devin Singletary and a 6th round RB in Tyrone Tracy. And even still, he had a 2:6 TD/INT ratio last year and I believe he is one of the lowest ADOT's of any QB. He just won't throw it unless his guy is wide open. Probably will be the last year as I think they can get out of that awful contract and move onto a new booger in 2025.

Nathan Rourke added as fourth string and asst GM spoke of him as third or fourth string.

He caught everyone's attention though by following an impressive day of practice then running gassers afterwards and then some players went back out and joined him.

I'm not saying it's Rourke (although I've been intrigued since CFL) as a starter or anything but these reports, that day...that's the impact the Giants need from a QB and what Daniel Jones lacks.

I can't even imagine first day, leaving a locker room to go workout with a scrub QB...it's so impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread