What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jimmy Garoppolo, LAR (2 Viewers)

Jimmy Garoppolo (back) was upgraded to a full participant in Friday’s practice.

With the Raiders not playing until Monday, Garoppolo still has one more practice to go on Saturday, but Friday’s upgrade is a great sign he’ll play on Monday. Garoppolo and the Raiders will travel to Detroit to take on a 5-2 Lions team that’s fresh off a blowout loss to the Ravens. His return is good news for all offensive playmakers involved, after the Raiders managed just 204 passing yards on 45 attempts in last week’s loss to the Bears. Garoppolo can be treated as a low-end QB2 for Week 8.

Just about as bad as it can get right?
Without being some guy that the Giants must have plucked out of the stands or something.
He’s worse.
I thought you were always too tough on him...I was wrong.
This is why I’ve always hated the front office and called for everyone to be fired. If they didn’t see this, how can you trust them?

Would’ve had at least one ring in the last 4 seasons with semi-competent QB play.

Don't know if I can recall a QB that misses the easy throws as much as Jimmy G. Don't know why his stick in my mind. They just do. They are ugly.

Don't know if I can recall a QB that misses the easy throws as much as Jimmy G.

You haven't seen enough Zach Wilson. They can't get into an offense to let him miss tough throws because he can't hit checkdowns.

That said, I'm still not sure I trade him for Jimmy G, who I feel is a little like a dog people are kicking while he's down. He might not deserve it as a person, but he is an awful NFL quarterback.

If any QB proved that EPA and PFF aren't predictable, accurate, or even salient metrics due to their data sets, here lies Jimmy Garoppolo being the leader in INTs while not starting in two games into this season. Anyone not testes deep into a spreadsheet just to get social media points (See: David Lombardi) without seeing the actual mechanics of throwing a ball they can't because they are nerds shows that they aren't doing anyone a service, only to their own social metrics.

"But Jimmy is a Winner!"

Not anymore. Why? Because of it weren't for Tommy "He's a funny guy" Devito or Tyler Baget, he would had been the worst QB week 8 in 2023 with Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers, Josh Jacobs, and Maxx Crosby.

There was a contingent of fans (see: 49ers fans) who would not want to blame Garoppolo for INTs, fumbles lost, missed throws, hospital balls, etc., because "Here is a Dave Lombardi tweet that I copy/pastad".

Now try to find a Lombardi tweet eating Garoppolo's lasanga now.

There was a contingent of fans (see: 49ers fans) who would not want to blame Garoppolo for INTs, fumbles lost, missed throws, hospital balls, etc., because "Here is a Dave Lombardi tweet that I copy/pastad".
:lmao: Dude

Nobody ever blamed Jimmy's faults on anyone but Jimmy.

Your obsession with him is so bizarre.

I never called him Jimmy. That's what people like you do.
:lmao:

You're a strange bird, but I actually admire your stick-to-itiveness to a degree.

I never called him Jimmy. That's what people like you do.
:lmao:

You're a strange bird, but I actually admire your stick-to-itiveness to a degree.
Look, it's like writing chapters in a book. The story has an arc, the character in the story reaches it's eventual resolution. I have nothing to do with Garoppolo's arc. I just knew how it would end because the book on Garoppolo. Which you and I both knew would not end well when he signed with the Raiders, don't lie.

Assuming the Raiders cut him, will anyone have interest in Garoppolo as a starter this offseason?

If not, how do you rank him among potential back up QBs after the failure in Las Vegas? Would he be a top quarter backup in your eyes?

Musing possibilities with the Texans and bringing him back to a system he's familiar with and did reasonably well in. And would just be an insurance measure.

Assuming the Raiders cut him, will anyone have interest in Garoppolo as a starter this offseason?

If not, how do you rank him among potential back up QBs after the failure in Las Vegas? Would he be a top quarter backup in your eyes?

Musing possibilities with the Texans and bringing him back to a system he's familiar with and did reasonably well in. And would just be an insurance measure.
I think he'll fall into that "compete for a starting job" category. I think he'll still be thought of highly enough to not be settling for a true backup job.

Texans would be a very unlikely landing spot, I think.

If he were a backup, I think he'd be among the top backups in the NFL. Truthfully, I think he got a little screwed by the Raiders this year. I think he got blamed for things that I think were McDaniels fault.

He's a decent backup, no more no less. He could come in and be a bridge for 2-3 games if you're trying to keep the season alive. Anymore than that and he submarines a team.

Top backup for sure similar to someone like Minshew or Dalton, starter no, he's really perfect for a backup role because chances are slim would be able to play the whole season but can come in for 6 or so games and be solid/ keep the boat afloat.

Dude looked beyond bad last season. Like doesn't belong in the league bad. That wasn't all on McDaniels. A lot, perhaps. All, no.

What a "Jimmy way" to write the eventual epitaph to his career in the NFL. You get pinched for using PED's in a season riding the bench, after posting one of your worst seasons ever as a starting QB, to which that benching won Antonio Pierce's job because he benched you, and now save the Raiders over 10 mil because you're Jimmy Garoppolo lol.

Dude looked beyond bad last season. Like doesn't belong in the league bad. That wasn't all on McDaniels. A lot, perhaps. All, no.
I think a lot of it was McDaniels, and it also seemed like he was trying too hard to not make mistakes, which inevitably leads to mistakes when you can't play it safe anymore. Jimmy G seemed content to throw under 10 yards every play, rarely taking any shots, until they fell behind, and he was only taking shots. I still think he should have little trouble finding a backup job, assuming he's open to it. As we saw this year, there are certainly a lot worse QBs going around. I wonder if a return to NE would be in order, as a bridge guy to a Drake Maye or something like that? The 2-game suspension might make him more "true backup" than bridge guy though.

Rams signed Jimmy Garoppolo, formerly of the Raiders, to a one-year contract.
The Raiders inked Garoppolo to a three-year, $72.8 million contract last offseason. Garoppolo only appeared in seven games, throwing for 1,209 yards, seven scores, and nine interceptions. He was slapped with a two-game PED suspension at the end of the year and will serve it at the beginning of the upcoming season. The Raiders cut him after one failed season. No longer viewed as a starter, a stable backup gig with Sean McVay as his head coach is as good as it gets for Jimmy. He could have a Sam Darnold-style redemption arc in LA and emerge as a bridge option next offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread