What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kenny Pickett, PHI (2 Viewers)

Man was I wrong on this guy. This offseason I really thought he was going to be the QB sleeper of the year, dude never woke up....

I bought into the year 2 and the preseason hype. The Steelers offensive coaches and scheme aren’t doing him any favors but he has career backup written all over him.

Do the Steelers start thinking about drafting a QB? I think so as I don’t see them bringing in any free agent QB of significance.

Man was I wrong on this guy. This offseason I really thought he was going to be the QB sleeper of the year, dude never woke up....

I bought into the year 2 and the preseason hype. The Steelers offensive coaches and scheme aren’t doing him any favors but he has career backup written all over him.

Do the Steelers start thinking about drafting a QB? I think so as I don’t see them bringing in any free agent QB of significance.
Problem is, this organization is clueless on talent. They have no idea what they're doing.

[QUOTE="Max55,

Problem is, this organization is clueless on talent. They have no idea what they're doing.
[/QUOTE]

Plus I’m not sure the Steelers are ready to give up on him but the fan base is.

Do the Steelers start thinking about drafting a QB? I think so as I don’t see them bringing in any free agent QB of significance

They should be. They probably aren't, but they SHOULD be. It's likely too late for '24 anyway, they've probably won too many games to have a legit shot at a pick high enough to not have to be looking at "Kenny Picket v.2024."

They SHOULD have been thinking about drafting a QB the year prior to ownership "encouraging" Ben to retire. When that didn't work out, they SHOULD have just taken one straight to the nuts for a season in '22, rolled with Rudolph/Mitch to then have access to a better crop of collegiate options in the '23 draft...but that sort of thinking wouldn't have kept Coach T's meaningless streak alive.

Doesn't matter, really. Their front office/ownership won't give up on Pickett for life of that rookie deal, most likely.

By all accounts... Pickett is a very nice guy. There are a lot of very nice guys that cannot play QB at NFL level. He's one of those.

Saw this on CBS sports X:

315 QBs have 500 pass attempts since the merger. Only one has thrown a touchdown on fewer than 2% of his attempts: Kenny Pickett (1.9%).

Saw a stat earlier today on Twitter: Pickett has played 22 games in his NFL career and has thrown 13 TD passes, that's terrible.

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said Kenny Pickett will remain the team’s starting quarterback.
This was never really in doubt, although the recent firing of offensive coordinator Matt Canada likely compelled Tomlin to reaffirm Pickett as the starter. The combination of Canada and Pickett have resulted in an offense that currently ranks 28th in points and yards per game this season. With Canada now gone, it’s on Pickett to prove he is more the solution than the problem. Pickett managed a paltry 99 passing yards in Week 11’s loss to the Browns and has thrown for 4,126 yards, 13 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions in 23 career games. Pickett and the Steelers now prepare for a Week 12 matchup against the Bengals, where he’ll attempt to snap his two week streak of throwing for less than 130 yards.

Kenny Pickett (ankle) could be limited in practice this week.

This news came from The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly, who wrote, “Kenny Pickett has an ankle injury that may limit him early in the week.” Whatever injury he’s dealing with, it wasn’t enough to force him to miss any time against the Bengals in Week 12. Any potential load management shouldn’t stop Pickett from suiting up in Week 13 when the Steelers play host to the Cardinals. Even in a week that includes six teams on bye, Pickett will be hard to trust outside of 2QB/superflex leagues.

Fingers crossed, the improvement continues without Canada. I'm forced to start him this week due to byes in Super Flex league. :mellow:

And once again Steelers won't lose enough games to even consider addressing the qb position. Alot of suffering for years to come.

Steelers GM Omar Khan he has “full faith in Kenny Pickett” when speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The more the Steelers reiterate their faith in a third-year quarterback who has thrown for 4474-13-13 in 25 career games, the funnier it gets. As if that’s not enough, this is the same Kenny Pickett who was sidelined for the final month of the season, and ultimately benched in favor of Mason Rudolph for the Steelers Wild Card playoff game against the Bills. It’s been reported that there may be some “internal division” amongst the Steelers over Pickett and Rudolph. Rudolph is set to hit free agency, but the team has already been vocal on their desire to bring him back. Whether or not the Steelers are aware of their sad quarterback situation is anyone’s guess, but for now, they’re putting on a brave face ahead of free agency and the draft.

Eagles acquired QB Kenny Pickett from the Steelers in exchange for draft picks.
The Eagles sent the No. 98 pick in this year’s draft and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the Steelers in exchange for Pickett and the 120th overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. Pickett reportedly wanted to move on from the Steelers after the team announced the signing of Russell Wilson and now gets a chance for a fresh start with the Eagles. Pickett has thrown for 4474-13-13 in 25 career games with the Steelers and went 14-10 as a starter. Playing in an offense led by former offensive coordinator Matt Canada didn’t do Pickett any favors over the last two years, but it became apparent toward the end of last season that the team felt more comfortable with Mason Rudolph at the helm after they opted to play Rudolph over Pickett in the team’s Wild Card loss to the Bills. We’ve seen enough from Pickett to know he’s likely best served as a career backup, but a solid year or two in Philadelphia could reignite interest in him as a starter once his rookie contract expires.

Eagles acquired QB Kenny Pickett from the Steelers in exchange for draft picks.
The Eagles sent the No. 98 pick in this year’s draft and a 2025 seventh-round pick to the Steelers in exchange for Pickett and the 120th overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft. Pickett reportedly wanted to move on from the Steelers after the team announced the signing of Russell Wilson and now gets a chance for a fresh start with the Eagles. Pickett has thrown for 4474-13-13 in 25 career games with the Steelers and went 14-10 as a starter. Playing in an offense led by former offensive coordinator Matt Canada didn’t do Pickett any favors over the last two years, but it became apparent toward the end of last season that the team felt more comfortable with Mason Rudolph at the helm after they opted to play Rudolph over Pickett in the team’s Wild Card loss to the Bills. We’ve seen enough from Pickett to know he’s likely best served as a career backup, but a solid year or two in Philadelphia could reignite interest in him as a starter once his rookie contract expires.
How is he going to have a solid year or two in Philadelphia to reignite interest in him? Will teams be attracted to the way he carries a clipboard and want to replace their clipboard carrier with him?

I think Pickett may be a harbinger of things to come as the transfer portal and NIL money are making future pro athletes believe they are immune to coaching or criticism. Athletes that make it this far have been on top of the sporting heap since travel ball and prep school days, they aren't going to take no now.

I'm a Pitt fan and a Kenny Pickett fan. Eagles fans, I'm telling you that he is not a lost cause. Kenny can do it at the NFL level but he was saddled with Matt Canada, a sub-par line and a few injuries. Be patient with him and Kenny will produce. Yes, I know I'm in the minority.

I'm a Pitt fan and a Kenny Pickett fan. Eagles fans, I'm telling you that he is definitely a lost cause. Kenny can’t do it at the NFL level which was made even worse when he was saddled with Matt Canada, a sub-par line and a few injuries. He beat terrible ACC defenses in his 5th year while staring down Jordan Addison.

I watched quite a few highlight reels of his from his senior year at Pitt (his only really good year). I could hardly find a single time where he progressed through his first read. Also, he was somewhat mobile at Pitt but that has been slowly deteriorating in the NFL

I remember the love affair that was going on between the Steelers and Pickett when he was drafted. Local player who made good.
Like too marriages it ends in a bitter divorce.

Users who are viewing this thread