What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Russell Wilson, PIT (10 Viewers)

Mixon ain't looked good tonight but they aren't going to switch it up

-QG
That was like scraping your fingernails across a chalkboard

The Broncos received Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick in exchange for tight end Noah Fant, quarterback Drew Lock, defensive end Shelby Harris, 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, 2022 and 2023 second-round picks and a 2022 fifth-round pick.
People in Seattle must be quite pleased with this...
Yes, yes we very pleased!

Seahawks fans are used to tuning out all the negative we receive from most all Football Analysts! Many of us, certainly not all, watched the decline of Russ over the last 2 years. Then there's his personality, he's not liked in the locker-room-lastly you have the contract that comes along with the so called high end QB's. Yes we're Happy, as we drafted a fine first round starting Left Tackle, Charles Cross, a highly athletic and explosive LB Boye Mafe, both Denver's picks. We then added the running back of the future, Kenneth Walker, our starting Right Tackle Abraham Lucas and two potential star CB's with Coby Bryant and Tariq Woolen who Pete is calling the next Richard Sherman. All of these rookies are contributing this year.

Yes we are ecstatic, thank you Denver, enjoy your Prima Donna!

Seattle made out like bandits on this trade.

link

"With the addition of Wilson, the Broncos are instant Super Bowl contenders and should be in the championship conversation for the foreseeable future." - March 22, 2022, Aric Dilalla Denverbroncos.com

Last edited:
Never have been a fan of Wilson. Couldn’t stand him even in college when he was at Wisconsin. Has always come off as a total primadona. Now he’s Denver’s nightmare. Karma’s a *****.
Wilson was a revelation at Wisconsin. Wasn’t anything close to a primadonna.

Never have been a fan of Wilson. Couldn’t stand him even in college when he was at Wisconsin. Has always come off as a total primadona. Now he’s Denver’s nightmare. Karma’s a *****.
Wilson was a revelation at Wisconsin. Wasn’t anything close to a primadonna.
He also only played for one season at Wisconsin. Seems weird that BroncoFreak would have hated him there.

Great. More good news on my bust of a QB.

Fortunately I have a redraft trade in place next week of AJ Dillon + Daubs for Burrow + Samuel, but I was kind of wanting to not deal them for a QB since I had a QB. Gah.

Crap I just realized Goff is on bye next week. That means either I stick with Russ one more week or I pick up one of Wentz/Geno/DJones, none of whom have strong match ups (Geno vs AZ is the best of the lot).

I was really looking forward to dropping him with extreme prejudice. I still may.

Crap I just realized Goff is on bye next week. That means either I stick with Russ one more week or I pick up one of Wentz/Geno/DJones, none of whom have strong match ups (Geno vs AZ is the best of the lot).

I was really looking forward to dropping him with extreme prejudice. I still may.
I am looking at Goff as well. Perhaps a lil patience, Perhaps find a way to add D Watson too.

Geno has been cooking. AZ will score points, so Geno might be cooking leftovers.

Honestly the Chargers would be a great matchup if we know Russ would be playing like he did last week. Sigh.

Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett said QB Russell Wilson (shoulder) "should be ready to play" against the Chargers in Week 6.​

Good news? Russ has been brutal through five weeks, held under a 60 percent completion rate with 7.4 yards per attempt and 16 sacks. He has just four touchdown passes. Assuming he plays, he'll be hard to recommend as more than a contrarian QB2 against a mid-pack Chargers defense allowing 16.9 fantasy points per game to quarterbacks.
SOURCE: Kyle Newman on Twitter
Oct 11, 2022, 2:02 PM ET

I picked him up off waivers from the disgruntled owner who drafted them. I think low-end QB1 like Rodgers/Carr range ROS is fine and what I'm banking on in worst case. Plus the upside is maybe he actually was hurt and got the injection and it alleviates his poor play and gets back into that middle range QB1.

I'm not super invested though, so if he plays out of his mind I can see selling him high too.

I'll probably have to pick this pig up next week as a bye week fill-in. Yuck. Couldn't hate him more than I do. But no other options at this point.

Need 10 points from Rus on Monday to win my game…if you’d of told me I’d be sweating that at the beginning of the year I would have laughed

Russell Wilson completed 15-of-28 passes for 188 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' 19-16, Week 6 loss to the Chargers in overtime Monday night.​

Wilson started this game scorching hot, completing his first 10 passes, including a 39-yard touchdown to rookie TE Greg Dulcich, but it was all downhill from there. The offensive game plan was truly horrendous, once again, and Wilson completed just 3-of-11 passes for 15 yards after halftime. Denver ended up blowing a 10-0 lead, and the Chargers begged the Broncos to win this one with horrible offense in their own right. Wilson has topped 237 yards passing one time since Week 1 and has five touchdown passes through six games. Just a brutal start to a $250 million contract. Wilson will try to get right against the Jets in Week 7, but nobody should be expecting it right now.
Oct 17, 2022, 11:48 PM ET

If nothing else,we have learned that RW, Arod, and Brady are nothing more than bye week fill-ins (excluding super flex). Not a high ceiling for any of them

I CUT RUSSELL WILSON OUTRIGHT , in my biggest money 12 teamer a bit ago.
I'm at a point (benched him tonight, and kept a close eye on him and the game), that the upside isn't there, or doesn't appear to be.

I'd just as soon stream the position now, and TAKE A CHANCE at 20, than TAKE A SHOT AT 9.6 ROLLING OUT WILSON.
I'll now be streaming the Jarred Goff, Garropollo, Marcus Mariota, Danny Jones, Justin Fields, Pickett ,and others along those lines.
It was a very cleansing experience. :lol:
I told myself 3-4 seasons back when he got off to a notoriously slow early season start, that I wouldn't draft Wilson again. Somehow, I got backed into Wilson AGAIN in this years draft when virtually all big name QBs went in about a grouping of 12 picks.

Truth be known, I put a LOT of this blame on the current coaching. But now when you look over everything, declining skills, his scrambling is starting to slip a bit, and he is now apparently injured.....thats a whole LOT of "what ifs".
Seems like an easy "never again" to me.

The only bad thing I did, was hold onto him a bit too long. It has basically turned one of my teams into a 1-5 record, and whereas a few weeks ago you could still get something in trade, now you probably can't get ANYTHING.

:football:

Goff > RW, I still remain have a sliver of hope, his 1st quarter of the game was great (10/10), the downside is he then hit 5/18 rest of game :(
His deep ball to K.J Hamler was something to see- He did it despite a full wind up.

I'm sure I'm a glutton for punishment. He's on my bench as the backup QB so not the hugest of praise. I also have not started him anywhere yet, so zero scorn.

Hackett gonna get fired soon? Maybe that will be the new let Russ Cook narrative? Maybe it is the root cause of offense troubles?

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Russell Wilson signed a 5 year, $242,588,236 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $161,000,000 guaranteed

POTENTIAL OUT: 2026, 4 YR, $161,000,000; $31,200,000 DEAD CAP

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Russell Wilson signed a 5 year, $242,588,236 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $50,000,000 signing bonus, $161,000,000 guaranteed

Everybody got this wrong. The GM, FF drafters everywhere, FF experts. IIRC, in the FF Index poll of 20 experts, he was ranked 10th, with nobody ranking him lower than 14th. In bigger leagues like mine with multiple teams having 2 QBs, the options are limited to Ryan, Mills, Brissett.

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Everybody got this wrong. The GM, FF drafters everywhere, FF experts. IIRC, in the FF Index poll of 20 experts, he was ranked 10th, with nobody ranking him lower than 14th. In bigger leagues like mine with multiple teams having 2 QBs, the options are limited to Ryan, Mills, Brissett.

The rankings were correct based on past stats from Wilson. Nobody thought Wilsons regression would be this bad. Should be called Rusty going forward. Wilson owner in one 12 team league cut him already and nobody has picked him up..unreal.

What is shocking is all of a sudden Wilson has aged in dog years. The quick agile feet he used to have seem gone, he looks chunky and much slower. Seems finally after all these years teams have caught on to the same spin move he uses when under pressure, either that or he has just slowed down.

Maybe he can find it the magic again but Denver has to be :wall:right about now as it looks doubtful. The contract is an albatross.

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Was looking at that last night...has a chance to be an all-time bad contract...besides the contract you need to add this in:

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick, sources said.

It
Was looking at that last night...has a chance to be an all-time bad contract...besides the contract you need to add this in:

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick, sources said.
it's early, but the 2023 1st round pick is 1.07, projected by Tankathon to be Will Levis. The 2023 draft is deep at QB, DL, edge.

What a big turn around from Russell's MVP start to the 2020 season.

It

it's early, but the 2023 1st round pick is 1.07, projected by Tankathon to be Will Levis. The 2023 draft is deep at QB, DL, edge.

He looks like a RB that seem to age overnight...granted his o line looks rough, and the coaching is awful but he just doesn't look good at all.

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Denver has a chance to bury their franchise for a decade, no draft picks, they'll never admit Wilson was a mistake and will double down and continue to try and bring more pieces to him but they barely have any draft capital right now to pull that off.

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Denver has a chance to bury their franchise for a decade, no draft picks, they'll never admit Wilson was a mistake and will double down and continue to try and bring more pieces to him but they barely have any draft capital right now to pull that off.

The QB position has just been haunting them...since 2009 their QBs besides Manning have been...Orton, Simms, Tebow, Osweiler, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum, Flacco, Lock and Bridgewater.

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

Lock, Fant, and Richardson were salary dumps of unneeded players, getting someone to take in Lock in particular was surprising and a net benefit. The picks were understandable at the time trading for a QB of his supposed caliber but giving him a market contract on top of that without actually seeing him play was beyond dumb. He didn’t even play in the preseason :loco:

September 1, 2022
-Less than 2 months ago

The QB position has just been haunting them...since 2009 their QBs besides Manning have been...Orton, Simms, Tebow, Osweiler, Siemian, Lynch, Keenum, Flacco, Lock and Bridgewater.
Sounds a lot like the Texans, got so desperate at one point they signed Osweiler to a big contract at the start of FA without even interviewing him :wall: Cost them a lost season and a 2nd round pick to dump him

It

He looks like a RB that seem to age overnight...granted his o line looks rough, and the coaching is awful but he just doesn't look good at all.
I think this has a lot to do with it. Not that Russ hasn't looked good, but it looks like he's missing the spark. Almost like the playcall comes in and he's like "ugh not again." Hackett has to be feeling his seat warming up.

It

I think this has a lot to do with it. Not that Russ hasn't looked good, but it looks like he's missing the spark. Almost like the playcall comes in and he's like "ugh not again." Hackett has to be feeling his seat warming up.

I think it is an issue but also, he is 6 games into being in Denver so it is pretty early to be feeling that way...while he was the man in Seattle he was seen as the savior in Denver and right now it doesn't appear like he is enjoying that role.

It

I think it is an issue but also, he is 6 games into being in Denver so it is pretty early to be feeling that way...while he was the man in Seattle he was seen as the savior in Denver and right now it doesn't appear like he is enjoying that role.
Oh for sure, the alarm bells are going off but I don't think it's defcon 6. But DEN didn't play any starters in the preseason (and they were basically running a brand new offense), and who knows how their offseason camp even went given the lack of experience on the coaching side. I'm cautiously stashing Russ (2 QB/SFLX leagues) and hoping for a coaching shift and/or the offense finding their aha moment.

It

Oh for sure, the alarm bells are going off but I don't think it's defcon 6. But DEN didn't play any starters in the preseason (and they were basically running a brand new offense), and who knows how their offseason camp even went given the lack of experience on the coaching side. I'm cautiously stashing Russ (2 QB/SFLX leagues) and hoping for a coaching shift and/or the offense finding their aha moment.

They need a new HC ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread