What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (4 Viewers)

Looks washed up to me. He didn’t have a good season at all when he see what little success he had and the competition it was against.
I’m in between. Physically I think he’s ok.

Mentally I think his game suffered. The double clutching was weird - never saw him play indecisively before this year, and often with disastrous results.

I understand his OL did him no favors, but I tried to focus on plays he had time to throw - and I saw way too much of Brady struggling to get the ball out quickly to an open receiver.

Of course, then he’ll unleash a perfect touch bomb to Evans (who got lazy on the play and didn’t catch it) at the end of that playoff game - that was an absolute rocket. He can still do that.

But the things that made Brady, Brady - the quick hitters, the timing plays, throwing to where the receiver was going to be - he struggled a lot with those. It was uncharacteristic.

So completely washed? No. But definitely diminished, IMO.

man that video tugged at the heart. Can't imagine the pain he's dealing with from the divorce. I hope he can heal and enjoy retirement. He's the GOAT for sure, and IMO, a LOT more likeable than some of his peers (Rodgers, Farve, Big Ben, Marino)
Some things money can't buy. Local press says he's renting a $70k per month condo in the Miami Beach area while his mansion on exclusive Indian Creek gets built. Looks like the video was shot this am on the beach. I'm not sure if he spent the night with the kids, or Giselle, or the young super model. Giselle has resumed modeling shoots. I'm sure they have a house keeper. Family may have played a role, health too, and maybe a decline in his mobility ... the arm is still good.

GOAT for sure as a player. My Brazilian connections in Miami aren't that sympathetic to his divorce, siding with Giselle who gave up her modeling career for family and his career. Giselle and Tom recently toured a local private high school separately. I wish him and his family the best.

It is a shame that Gisele is only worth $400 million (and counting).

But too late to CALL the SB on Fox. Or is it?
With next year's two top color analysts being Tom Brady and Tony Romo - I may never watch another FOX or CBS game un-muted.
Tom isn't personable enough to be in the booth, I think he will be studio only.
The stories all said he’d be the top color guy for FOX.
All I've seen is he's being brought in as lead analyst. That usually means studio, no? IDK. Don't really care. I don't think he lasts more than a season or 2 at that job.

But too late to CALL the SB on Fox. Or is it?
With next year's two top color analysts being Tom Brady and Tony Romo - I may never watch another FOX or CBS game un-muted.
Tom isn't personable enough to be in the booth, I think he will be studio only.
The stories all said he’d be the top color guy for FOX.
What I read is not only will he be the lead analyst, but his contract states no 3-man booth. Who knows if he actually does it though.

He could make more selling his fitness or anti-aging regimen. To do what he did in his 40s, that's unprecedented.

On the Monday night pre-game radio show, he was kinda vanilla. Now that he's not a player, he may surprise and be good in the booth.

Giselle will be fine.

But I feel awful for Brady about his Krypto deal, that sucks, for real. Also, I hope he didn't get his ball boy, who he got fired for deflating Tom's balls, into this investment.

Like, as a form of payback for taking the fall, here's some Krypto, kiddo. That would really suck for that guy.

Giselle will be fine.

But I feel awful for Brady about his Krypto deal, that sucks, for real. Also, I hope he didn't get his ball boy, who he got fired for deflating Tom's balls, into this investment.

Like, as a form of payback for taking the fall, here's some Krypto, kiddo. That would really suck for that guy.
Do you take drugs, Danny?

Giselle will be fine.

Do you take drugs, Danny?

Occasionally, along with "one-liners" I regurgitate from movies like 4 decades old... It's cute and if you've seen the movie, OMG, SO funny, I still go to it.

Sometimes I picture myself watching Cadddyshack with Tom Brady, in Giselle's old spot.

Tom Brady said on The Herd with Colin Cowherd that he will begin broadcasting games in 2024.​

Brady has already inked a lucrative broadcasting deal with FOX but won't hit the booth for at least another season. Instead, he'll reportedly spend much of 2023 focusing on his family and spending time with them. Of course, this one-year buffer between career changes also begs the question of whether or not Brady would consider returning to the field in 2023 under the right circumstances -- something that will likely be speculated on throughout the offseason and in-season should a contender lose its starting quarterback. Brady has already said his intent is to stay retired "for good" but if he feels the need to scratch his playing itch, he's given himself enough wiggle room to do so.
Feb 6, 2023, 1:43 PM ET

So hes taking that year and a half to learn how to be a TV analyst. Smart.

I wonder if when he was missing from training camp for 2 weeks he was filming 80 for Brady.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Buccaneers plan to absorb Tom Brady's entire $35 million cap hit in 2023 and not "push any of that into the future."​

The Buccaneers are currently $55 million over the cap and will truly be in cap hell if they decide to not move some of Brady's contract around via post-June 1 shenanigans. Donovan Smith is the only player on the roster that will create more than $5 million in cap savings without a post-June 1 designation. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo says that the plan is to "retool while still competing," and notes that they may not have the money to chase a quarterback like Jimmy Garoppolo. It's possible that Kyle Trask enters the season as Tampa's starting quarterback if they are committed to eating Brady's salary cap hit in 2023.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Feb 12, 2023, 1:24 PM ET

I clicked on this thinking that he decided against retirement, after I dropped him in two leagues. I did that only because he filed the paperwork.

Fully hoping he un-retires. Anybody who watched Tampa last year and came away thinking Brady was the problem is crazy, he dragged them kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Asked about coming out of retirement and playing for the Dolphins at a conference, Tom Brady did not directly answer the question.

What he actually said was: "I will say now that I'm not affiliated with any team anymore, even though I have strong ties with a couple teams, I do have some friends on the Dolphins that I really like. So, I wouldn’t say I necessarily root for them all the time, but I root for my friends to do well, and several of them play for Miami.” I's going to take a stronger denial from Brady on this question -- especially given how the Dolphins lost their first-round pick secretly trying to recruit him -- before we're ready to call it completely on his chances of unretiring. Tua Tagovailoa's revelation that he contemplated retirement only adds to the potential smoke.
SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on NBCSports.com
Apr 20, 2023 at 2:18 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tom Brady could join Raiders ownership.​

The ever-restless Brady is reportedly considering pulling out of his broadcasting agreement with Fox Sports and joining Mark Davis as a limited partner with the Raiders. There has also been some loose talk of Brady getting involved with the Dolphins, perhaps as a part-owner and perhaps as a player. It's hard to say what Brady, 45, is going to do next. If he joins the Raiders, hopefully he can pass on some helpful advice to Jimmy Garoppolo.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
May 12, 2023, 8:15 AM ET

The ever-restless Brady is reportedly considering pulling out of his broadcasting agreement with Fox Sports and joining Mark Davis as a limited partner with the Raiders. There has also been some loose talk of Brady getting involved with the Dolphins, perhaps as a part-owner and perhaps as a player. It's hard to say what Brady, 45, is going to do next. If he joins the Raiders, hopefully he can pass on some helpful advice to Jimmy Garoppolo.
RELATED:
Jimmy G: :doh:

RELATED:
I don't get why he would go toward the Raiders or Dolphins organization? I would think if he wanted to be involved with a team it would be the Patriots. Then again that's why I'm I and he's he.

I saw the headline and thought it said he wanted to join the Raiders. I was about to break my computer - why can’t he just go away. Then I calmed down when I noticed it was joining the ownership group.

I saw the headline and thought it said he wanted to join the Raiders. I was about to break my computer - why can’t he just go away. Then I calmed down when I noticed it was joining the ownership group.
oh come on we all know once he's part of ownership team he's basically on the team, he'll start "warming up the receivers" during practice and before you know it he's under center. Jimmy G will be happy to be the backup and be in Vegas hooking up with all the LV honeys.

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports, "The sale of a minority share of the Raiders to ex-Patriots and Bucs QB Tom Brady has been agreed to and submitted to the NFL for approval."​

As mentioned above, this sale is still pending league approval, but it appears as if Brady is set to partner with Raiders owner Mark Davis, who he is already partnered with as a minority with his stake in the WNBA's Las Vegas Aces. Brady is also set to join Fox Sports next year as an analyst and is already involved with several other personal business ventures. Of all the rumors surrounding Brady, the one that has yet to gain any real steam is the possibility of a comeback. The 45-year-old future hall of famer has remained mostly quiet on the prospects of another comeback.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
May 22, 2023, 1:44 PM ET

Speaking with Sports Illustrated's Robin Lundberg, Tom Brady said, "I'm certain I'm not playing again" when questioned about the possibility of a return.

Brady's purchase in a minority stake in the Raiders, coupled with Jimmy Garoppolo's foot injury, has once again spurred speculation of Brady returning. Brady squashing rumors of a return has become commonplace since he announced his retirement in February and will likely continue through the remainder of the season. Brady's status will be one to monitor if the Raiders cut ties with Garoppolo this offseason. However, it appears the future hall of famer is intent on staying retired regardless of how many times he's asked.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Robin Lundberg on Twitter
Jun 1, 2023, 10:08 AM ET

Brady is in full troll mode
Probably so
With his ownership stake and retirement, he'd have to get 24 owners to approve of him playing too.
He's said several times that he's shocked Belichick isn't coaching and that makes me wonder if he isn't figuring "if I return and can go over film w Bill by video chat and then with whatever team's staff.....'

Users who are viewing this thread