What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tom Brady, TB (2 Viewers)

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said the Buccaneers are not ruling out the possibility of Tom Brady returning to the team in 2023.​

This sounds more like the team keeping all options open than anything else. Garafolo noted during a segment of the Game Day Notebook on NFL Network that the team is keeping Brady's name in the conversation when interviewing potential candidates to fill the offensive coordinator role vacated by Byron Leftwich. Brady's future is very much up in the air, as the veteran quarterback has yet to announce whether or not he would return in 2023 or opt for retirement. It was announced earlier that if Brady was to return for another season, the Dolphins would not be in the mix for his services.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 29, 2023, 1:27 PM ET

It hit me today saying the actual words out loud...
Christian McCaffrey
George Kittle
Trent Williams
Deebo Samuel
Brandon Aiyuk

Tom Brady

What made Purdy so good? He made good decisions distributing the ball to where it needed to go. That's the definition of Brady.

It hit me today saying the actual words out loud...
Christian McCaffrey
George Kittle
Trent Williams
Deebo Samuel
Brandon Aiyuk

Tom Brady

What made Purdy so good? He made good decisions distributing the ball to where it needed to go. That's the definition of Brady.

If he plays, it does make sense. I suspect he’s going to really retire this time.

Brady lost a lot of money investing in crypto recently. Why not play just one more year and recoup that loss (Last/This year)? :oldunsure:
He's going to make about the same amount in broadcasting.

But doubt he retires, he's insane and can't stop, at least not yet. And if SF becomes a real possibility ain't no way he retires.

ETA: Nevermind

Last edited:
The GOAT 🏆

Didn't make any sense to move to Raiders and that division where the only discussion would be who between him and Russ is more washed

I am curious to see how this media career plays out. We’ll see how interesting and good he can be at this. He can be sneaky funny.

Him and MJ battle for greatest of all-time isn’t too bad to have on the resume.

Tried telling you all there was never a chance he was playing anywhere else. The Raiders thing was fan fiction.

man that video tugged at the heart. Can't imagine the pain he's dealing with from the divorce. I hope he can heal and enjoy retirement. He's the GOAT for sure, and IMO, a LOT more likeable than some of his peers (Rodgers, Farve, Big Ben, Marino)

there was never a chance anything else would happen. Smart to retire.

Definitely the most accomplished QB of all time. Does that make him the best? Don’t know. It’s a team game. A lot of things have to fall in line. Good coach. Great defenses. Clutch kicker. Bad Divison. Bad play calling by other teams. He was certainly greatest when it mattered. Montana and Unitas being that before him. I’d say Elway, Marino, P manning, young and Rodgers had more talent than those 3. Doesn’t matter though. TB12 has the rings that matter.

Last edited:
Brady lost a lot of money investing in crypto recently. Why not play just one more year and recoup that loss (Last/This year)? :oldunsure:

I don't think its like walking away from a job at the post office. I'm guessing that playing NFL football takes massive physical and emotional commitment.

Long way of saying it's not just about money. Crypto losses accounted for he's still sitting on half a billion dollars... I think he'll squeak by financially.

man that video tugged at the heart. Can't imagine the pain he's dealing with from the divorce. I hope he can heal and enjoy retirement. He's the GOAT for sure, and IMO, a LOT more likeable than some of his peers (Rodgers, Farve, Big Ben, Marino)
Agreed - as a Jets fan, I'm trained to despise him, but he's not a bad guy. And it seems clear that the divorce is really painful for him. All the money and Super Bowls he has can't erase that pain.

Main reason I thought he would retire was his reaction after the Dallas game and having his parents at the game. He seemed to be content with everything. Felt like he knew he was done then.

I am curious to see how this media career plays out. We’ll see how interesting and good he can be at this. He can be sneaky funny.

Him and MJ battle for greatest of all-time isn’t too bad to have on the resume.
MJ never beat Bird in the playoffs. However, the only person to ever hold him under 20 points was Dean Smith......jk.

He had a decent run. Since I’m old, I remember his humble beginnings. I recall his first appearance as a freshman at UM against UCLA. His first pass went for a pick six. I also remember watching his first start against ND, where he coughed up two fumbles that led to an Irish victory.

No one could have predicted he would go on to play in 10 SBs. That is insane when you think about it. Most QBs don’t get to play in 10 playoff games.

Given the amount guys get paid these days, I am not sure we will see QBs motivated to play for 20 years again.

As a Boston sports fan, nothing will ever beat the 28-3 game (as a single event). I probably hold the Red Sox comeback down 3 games against the Yankees on the way to breaking the curse one notch higher on greatest Boston sports moments, but the second half of the ATL SB was the most drama over 60 minutes I can remember.

I don't think its like walking away from a job at the post office. I'm guessing that playing NFL football takes massive physical and emotional commitment.

Long way of saying it's not just about money. Crypto losses accounted for he's still sitting on half a billion dollars... I think he'll squeak by financially.
I think his Fox contract is bigger than his NFL one :lol:

Some things money can't buy. Local press says he's renting a $70k per month condo in the Miami Beach area while his mansion on exclusive Indian Creek gets built. Looks like the video was shot this am on the beach. I'm not sure if he spent the night with the kids, or Giselle, or the young super model. Giselle has resumed modeling shoots. I'm sure they have a house keeper. Family may have played a role, health too, and maybe a decline in his mobility ... the arm is still good.

GOAT for sure as a player. My Brazilian connections in Miami aren't that sympathetic to his divorce, siding with Giselle who gave up her modeling career for family and his career. Giselle and Tom recently toured a local private high school separately. I wish him and his family the best.

Tried telling you all there was never a chance he was playing anywhere else. The Raiders thing was fan fiction.
As somebody who posited the Raiders, I don't see it as fan faction. It's just us recreational viewers analyzing with what limited information we have and trying to make a prediction because, engrossing oneself in sports, is far more enjoyable than working 100% of the day. And, I stand by the analysis (and certainly don't suggest that it was a sure thing or anything like that).

Honestly the divorce is why I believed he'd play another year. He seems like the type of guy who needs to hyper-focus on something to ease his mind (as a divorce attorney, I will commonly advise clients when speaking generally about the process to continue to work, engage in hobbies, etc. to help them through the arduous emotional process). Additionally, from the limited information available to the general public, it sounded like he basically chose football over his marriage (I'm sure there was a ton more to it, but still). So, when the Tampa Bay season looked like a lost case and he started to noticeably avoid contact and big hits, I thought he was gearing up for one more year on a different team.

He had a decent run. Since I’m old, I remember his humble beginnings. I recall his first appearance as a freshman at UM against UCLA. His first pass went for a pick six. I also remember watching his first start against ND, where he coughed up two fumbles that led to an Irish victory.

No one could have predicted he would go on to play in 10 SBs. That is insane when you think about it. Most QBs don’t get to play in 10 playoff games.

Given the amount guys get paid these days, I am not sure we will see QBs motivated to play for 20 years again.

As a Boston sports fan, nothing will ever beat the 28-3 game (as a single event). I probably hold the Red Sox comeback down 3 games against the Yankees on the way to breaking the curse one notch higher on greatest Boston sports moments, but the second half of the ATL SB was the most drama over 60 minutes I can remember.
Haha, yep, start off with obscure early college mistakes and finish with the red sox were better anyway. Way to finish up strong on the Brady takes!

Mostly for ha-ha's, the numbers on Tom are obviously staggering.

Regular season and playoffs combined:
- 102,614 passing yards
- 737 passing TD, 772 total TD
- 286-95 career record as a starter.

Career wins (Regular and post season) . . .
- Baltimore Ravens - 259
- Carolina Panthers - 221
- Jacksonville Jaguars - 197
- Houston Texans - 146

Career Playoff Wins . . .
- San Francisco - 37
- New England - 37
- Green Bay - 36
- Pittsburgh - 36
- Dallas - 36
- Tom Brady - 35
- Every other NFL franchise - 26 or fewer

Haha, yep, start off with obscure early college mistakes and finish with the red sox were better anyway. Way to finish up strong on the Brady takes!
Really? Your takeaway from all the things I have posted about Brady over 20 years is that all I have done is bash him? Okay.

Anyone one believes that early morning emotional retirement on a Florida beach video ,i have a swamp i want to sell you in the Everglades :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That definitely was, but with the Niners situation at QB, I'm a little bit surprised he didn't give that a shot.

He was never going to live across the country from his kids.
You've seen a copy of his decree and parenting plan?
No, I just know what I’m talking about when it comes to the Bucs.

As somebody who posited the Raiders, I don't see it as fan faction. It's just us recreational viewers analyzing with what limited information we have and trying to make a prediction because, engrossing oneself in sports, is far more enjoyable than working 100% of the day. And, I stand by the analysis (and certainly don't suggest that it was a sure thing or anything like that).
This is no one's fault, but randos speculating has a way of becoming prevailing opinion pretty quick these days.

Once you have content creators making speculations assuming this previous speculation happens (If Tom Brady sings with Vegas, what happens to Derek Carr?), then it becomes a credible rumor. In a year, people will be like, oh ya, 'member when Vegas was interested last year?

Again, not anyone's fault.

That definitely was, but with the Niners situation at QB, I'm a little bit surprised he didn't give that a shot.

I can appreciate that. My point, though, is that it's hard to definitively say that without seeing the parenting plan because, somebody of Brady's means, could easily commute back and forth to play elsewhere and still enjoy his parenting time in the kids' area (I also imagine Vegas would be a very accommodating place to have the kids occasionally at).

Of course, the opposite may be true where the parenting plan requires Brady enjoy his time locally or some such or has days that do make it near impossible for Brady to play elsewhere.

But neither of us know this so I hesitate to make such conclusory statements as "he was never..."

I can appreciate that. My point, though, is that it's hard to definitively say that without seeing the parenting plan because, somebody of Brady's means, could easily commute back and forth to play elsewhere and still enjoy his parenting time in the kids' area (I also imagine Vegas would be a very accommodating place to have the kids occasionally at).

Of course, the opposite may be true where the parenting plan requires Brady enjoy his time locally or some such or has days that do make it near impossible for Brady to play elsewhere.

But neither of us know this so I hesitate to make such conclusory statements as "he was never..."

He had told Bucs management it was them or retirement. Full stop.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow

Really? Your takeaway from all the things I have posted about Brady over 20 years is that all I have done is bash him? Okay.
We agree on many if not most things, but often not on Brady. I don't think all you have done is bash him, occasionally you throw him a bone (how can one not). What I am saying is you often look for opportunities to say negative things about him (his play, his personality, work habits etc and imo often unfairly). Here you are praising him with what? Recollections of pick six, fumbles and oh yea, the red sox were better anyway stuff. I think it may go back to you being a Bledsoe guy and never really letting go of it,

Last edited:
Anyone one believes that early morning emotional retirement on a Florida beach video ,i have a swamp i want to sell you in the Everglades :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nah, he's done this time, I'm sure of it.
I agree, based on that video.

That said, what if he stays in shape, and makes a comeback after a year or two off? 🤯
I'm pretty confident he's done. Makes good headlines and message board talk to bring up that possibility, but no way.

Wow - Tom drops the mic right out of the gate, and before the SB even.

Guess he heard all the radio / tv guys talking about him in SF.

Users who are viewing this thread