What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (1 Viewer)

Really can't figure this offense out. For some reason they just aren't aggressive pushing the ball downfield. Wasn't that Kirk's thing before he arrived? I can understand Ridley struggling. Zay is very solid but injured. Is it the play-calling? Is it the scheme? Or is it Lawrence just playing it safe? Frustrating.

Trevor Lawrence is “very likely” to start on Thursday, according to Jaguars back-up quarterback C.J. Beathard.
Unless this is some kind of mind game, the Jaguars other quarterback telling the media that it is likely that Lawrence, and not Beathard, will start on Thursday is certainly notable. Lawrence got off the ground with a limp after taking a 17-yard sack near the end of the game, but was able to complete the game and practice with a knee brace on Tuesday. Even if Lawrence is under center on Thursday, we have to imagine his mobility will be hindered, which could be an issue against a stout Saints defense.

Tom Pelissero
Just mentioned on The Insiders on #NFLPlus: The #Jaguars are signing QB Nathan Rourke to the 53-man roster, per source. Some insurance with Trevor Lawrence dealing with a knee injury.

Signing Rourke -- a former CFL star and NFL preseason standout -- to the active roster allows Jacksonville to utilize the emergency No. 3 QB exemption on Thursday night vs. the #Saints. They previously had two on the 53: Trevor Lawrence and C.J. Beathard.

Really can't figure this offense out. For some reason they just aren't aggressive pushing the ball downfield. Wasn't that Kirk's thing before he arrived? I can understand Ridley struggling. Zay is very solid but injured. Is it the play-calling? Is it the scheme? Or is it Lawrence just playing it safe? Frustrating.
Same post stands for tonight....

They just don’t adjust well in the second half

Odd game.

Came out strong in the first Quarter. Threw a pass to Agnew and he got stopped at the 2.

Jaguars have two quick turnovers on a Kirk fumble and a punt return fumble. Then Jags offense is as on the field for 1 minute In the 3rd quarter.

SUPER conservative offense, Doug Pederson is an idiot...lots of dink and dunk crap. No thanks.

SUPER conservative offense, Doug Pederson is an idiot...lots of dink and dunk crap. No thanks.
Yep. Crazy how we still see NFL coaches tighten up offense when they jump out to a lead. We have seen waaaaaay to many teams come back from deficits to alter offense due to score. I can't understand why coaches would even factor in what they are doing on offense with what the score is until at least the 4th quarter. You play to win the game. Stay aggressive and ignore the score. Imo

1. He has a sprained knee
2. NOS strength is the pass rush

Clearly the plan was to get the ball out quickly. And it worked, because they won and TLaw didn’t get sacked all night.

Doug Pederson doesn’t GAF about our magical foozeball teams.

1. He has a sprained knee
2. NOS strength is the pass rush

Clearly the plan was to get the ball out quickly. And it worked, because they won and TLaw didn’t get sacked all night.

Doug Pederson doesn’t GAF about our magical foozeball teams.
This was not referring to just the game tonight. This is their offense every week. Nothing was different here.

Man, I’m somehow 8-2, #1 in points with TL and trying feverishly to move him. Nobody will touch him with a 10-foot pole and today just made things even worse.

Any hope this guy turns things around? Will Zay Jones help? I might just be stuck with him unless some waiver wire stud arrives.

I had high hopes for him this year. he looked like he was ready to break into that top tier and then..... nothing

inconsistent play. maybe the injury is still affecting him but I had hoped for more.

good thing I didnt draft or buy him at the auction

Usually the third year is a big breakout year for a QB. I had high hopes for him as well, especially the way he and the Jags finished last season. Though, this season is making me wonder; maybe his first season was a lost season for him? Maybe things with Urban Meyer were such a sh*tshow, that he really got little to no development out of it?
Maybe his big breakout is delayed to next year? I'm not going to buy the argument that he doesn't have the goods, because we saw it last year.

He makes some boneheaded plays, as does the rest of the team. I think he'll get there. I don't think the current coaching helps him much though.

He makes some boneheaded plays, as does the rest of the team. I think he'll get there. I don't think the current coaching helps him much though.
I think that's putting too much on the coaching staff. Last year when Trevor took a big leap forward, many were praising Pederson & Co. as QB whisperers. While maybe play calling is part of the issue here, I think a lot has to be put on Trevor himself.

I think that's putting too much on the coaching staff. Last year when Trevor took a big leap forward, many were praising Pederson & Co. as QB whisperers. While maybe play calling is part of the issue here, I think a lot has to be put on Trevor himself.

I think I implied fair amounts of culpability to each party.

Yesterday with the pass rush giving him little to no time, they should have been calling quick passes.

Man, I’m somehow 8-2, #1 in points with TL and trying feverishly to move him. Nobody will touch him with a 10-foot pole and today just made things even worse.

Any hope this guy turns things around? Will Zay Jones help? I might just be stuck with him unless some waiver wire stud arrives.
Last year he didn’t come on until week 10 FWIW.

I think he's almost becoming a bust. Not just in fantasy
Fantasy yes but strongly disagree about real football. I think he’s played fantastic. 49ers game he played very poorly, but they can do that to good teams. They obliterated Dallas as well. Jacksonville couldn’t match the physicality on either side of the ball.

Fantastic? By what measure? He’s got 9 TD’s in 9 weeks. 9. 15 QB’s have more. Including Mac Jones. Only multi TD games were against the Colts. 2 games with none. Only 1 300 yard game. 89.3 passer rating.

Last year he had 25 TD’s vs 8 picks. 95.2 passer rating. This year he gets a more seasoned Etienne and added Ridley. He’s been a colossal disappointment in every regard. Looking the part is not the same as playing the part

Fantastic? By what measure? He’s got 9 TD’s in 9 weeks. 9. 15 QB’s have more. Including Mac Jones. Only multi TD games were against the Colts. 2 games with none. Only 1 300 yard game. 89.3 passer rating.

Last year he had 25 TD’s vs 8 picks. 95.2 passer rating. This year he gets a more seasoned Etienne and added Ridley. He’s been a colossal disappointment in every regard. Looking the part is not the same as playing the part
Maybe Cal Ridley just isn't that good

I understand it’s not a popular take. He’s averaging 10 less passing yards a game than Joe Burrow right now and 20 more than Lamar. I’ve watched all their games multiple times and more closely than any team that I’ve maybe ever done in any season due to my biggest bet I’ve ever made being on them to win the division before the year. He’s got 6 INTs, 2 of those went straight through Tank Bigsbys hands and ended up as INTs. 1 was when he was down trying to come back yesterday on the 4th and 15. One was when Kirk stopped on his route. The other 2 were bad throws by Trevor, one being in the end zone against the Steelers throwing to Ridley on a first and goal. Terrible play by Trevor. The other throwing to Agnew over the middle against the Texans and the defender made a great play on the ball. Another bad play but most defenders don’t INT that.
He could have several more passing TDs but the running game has worked enough on the goal line. Ridley has been a disaster since week 2. If a WR ever cost a team a game, it was him against the Texans. Trevor threw a perfect 35 air yard pass to Ridley which went straight through both hands hitting him perfectly in stride. They miss a FG and the Texans score on a short field. Next drive Ridley drops a key first down pass on 3rd down that would have put them in the red zone. Next play the Texans block the FG and run it back. He had an out route where he just didn’t see or missed the ball, truly bizarre game. At least a 24 point turnaround if he makes those catches. In the Texans game, Trevor literally had two bad passes and they only scored 17 points. The chiefs game the Jags had 3 missed TDs where the WRs came just short of getting two feet in. They severely miss Zay Jones and maybe even old man Marvin Jones. Bigsby has been a disaster, the O line came into the year as one of the weaker in the league and hasn’t played great. He’s been a little banged up for a couple weeks. I can make all the excuses I want but I do think a lot of his stats is TD regression which I expect to change over time.
Trevor hasn’t played at an MVP level but in my opinion but I think this team would have maybe 2 wins without him.

Unfortunately, Trevor will be without Zay Jones for much much longer.
Pretty unfortunate. The O Line has been bad in pass blocking although they made a deal at the deadline.
Interesting stat: On throws between 2.5-4 seconds, TLaw has been pressured on 43% of dropbacks--the highest rate of any QB in the NFL this year. Worse than Daniel Jones!

Dropping him and probably Calvin Ridley too. Can’t stand to see this offense or these players on my team. May they be someone else’s headache

I understand it’s not a popular take. He’s averaging 10 less passing yards a game than Joe Burrow right now and 20 more than Lamar. I’ve watched all their games multiple times and more closely than any team that I’ve maybe ever done in any season due to my biggest bet I’ve ever made being on them to win the division before the year. He’s got 6 INTs, 2 of those went straight through Tank Bigsbys hands and ended up as INTs. 1 was when he was down trying to come back yesterday on the 4th and 15. One was when Kirk stopped on his route. The other 2 were bad throws by Trevor, one being in the end zone against the Steelers throwing to Ridley on a first and goal. Terrible play by Trevor. The other throwing to Agnew over the middle against the Texans and the defender made a great play on the ball. Another bad play but most defenders don’t INT that.
He could have several more passing TDs but the running game has worked enough on the goal line. Ridley has been a disaster since week 2. If a WR ever cost a team a game, it was him against the Texans. Trevor threw a perfect 35 air yard pass to Ridley which went straight through both hands hitting him perfectly in stride. They miss a FG and the Texans score on a short field. Next drive Ridley drops a key first down pass on 3rd down that would have put them in the red zone. Next play the Texans block the FG and run it back. He had an out route where he just didn’t see or missed the ball, truly bizarre game. At least a 24 point turnaround if he makes those catches. In the Texans game, Trevor literally had two bad passes and they only scored 17 points. The chiefs game the Jags had 3 missed TDs where the WRs came just short of getting two feet in. They severely miss Zay Jones and maybe even old man Marvin Jones. Bigsby has been a disaster, the O line came into the year as one of the weaker in the league and hasn’t played great. He’s been a little banged up for a couple weeks. I can make all the excuses I want but I do think a lot of his stats is TD regression which I expect to change over time.
Trevor hasn’t played at an MVP level but in my opinion but I think this team would have maybe 2 wins without him.
You can’t blame that last 5 yard line drive pass pick on Bigsby. Desperation rocket to avoid a sack

You can’t blame that last 5 yard line drive pass pick on Bigsby. Desperation rocket to avoid a sack
I would hardly call these rockets

Users who are viewing this thread