What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (2 Viewers)

Easy drop, can’t trust him and it’s the home stretch. Hope you had a decent backup plan!
I’m only in dynasty, I wonder what his price is these days?

I’m curious also, as he was the wagon I hitched my horse to in dynasty. Now I’m looking to play stafford over him there. Hasn’t been a great season in that league.

In FFPC superflex, I have a best ball dynasty team that's playing for next season. The first-place team offered me Lawrence for Gibbs and a second-rounder (not mine, but currently the 2.03). Every ranking and calculator has Lawrence comfortably ahead of Gibbs in value, but it still didn't feel right to me, and I rejected. They're heading in different directions.

Easy drop, can’t trust him and it’s the home stretch. Hope you had a decent backup plan!

I’m curious also, as he was the wagon I hitched my horse to in dynasty. Now I’m looking to play stafford over him there. Hasn’t been a great season in that league.

In FFPC superflex, I have a best ball dynasty team that's playing for next season. The first-place team offered me Lawrence for Gibbs and a second-rounder (not mine, but currently the 2.03). Every ranking and calculator has Lawrence comfortably ahead of Gibbs in value, but it still didn't feel right to me, and I rejected. They're heading in different directions.
I agree with your assessmen.

in my home league,just last week an owner told me they sent offer in 15 team SF, IDP dynasty league of Love, James Cook, Greenlaw, 24 1st(10-14) for Lawrence and 24 2nd(10-14). I thought very fair offer. This one with little extra was sent for Hurts and that owner who is playoff eliminated.

I agree with your assessmen.

in my home league,just last week an owner told me they sent offer in 15 team SF, IDP dynasty league of Love, James Cook, Greenlaw, 24 1st(10-14) for Lawrence and 24 2nd(10-14). I thought very fair offer. This one with little extra was sent for Hurts and that owner who is playoff eliminated.
I’ve been trying to think of a legit offer. Could trade Watson for him, maybe the first I traded for which is currently 1.04, or players like Garrett Wilson. SF.

Fantastic? By what measure? He’s got 9 TD’s in 9 weeks. 9. 15 QB’s have more. Including Mac Jones. Only multi TD games were against the Colts. 2 games with none. Only 1 300 yard game. 89.3 passer rating.

Last year he had 25 TD’s vs 8 picks. 95.2 passer rating. This year he gets a more seasoned Etienne and added Ridley. He’s been a colossal disappointment in every regard. Looking the part is not the same as playing the part

Here's why Lawrence only has 9 TDs so far this season: Etienne is one of the biggest TD vultures in the league. Anytime a receiver goes down within 5 yds of the endzone, Etienne is putting it in. He's so good within the redzone, there's no need for passing TDs.

Overall, the Jags are running the ball well and they're playing strong defense. Why throw the ball all over the field? The Jags' offensive gameplan has been fairly conservative and they're winning. Why change it?

Fantastic? By what measure? He’s got 9 TD’s in 9 weeks. 9. 15 QB’s have more. Including Mac Jones. Only multi TD games were against the Colts. 2 games with none. Only 1 300 yard game. 89.3 passer rating.

Last year he had 25 TD’s vs 8 picks. 95.2 passer rating. This year he gets a more seasoned Etienne and added Ridley. He’s been a colossal disappointment in every regard. Looking the part is not the same as playing the part

Here's why Lawrence only has 9 TDs so far this season: Etienne is one of the biggest TD vultures in the league. Anytime a receiver goes down within 5 yds of the endzone, Etienne is putting it in. He's so good within the redzone, there's no need for passing TDs.

Overall, the Jags are running the ball well and they're playing strong defense. Why throw the ball all over the field? The Jags' offensive gameplan has been fairly conservative and they're winning. Why change it?
After the 49ers game I'm not sure they will be winning much anymore. Maybe 49ers are a buzzsaw but there's some more blueprinting going on on shutting down this vanilla offense. They have no deep threat of consequence. Regression always comes when it comes to RZ pass / run TD ratio.

This is the answer. People can't see past their fantasy rosters as the indicator of a players success. He's def been a bummer for fantasy, but he's been a solid NFL QB this year. Not many would have had the Jags at 6-3 right now before the season started.

If you ignore the fact he was being touted as the best QB prospect since Luck/OAT, he's still been an above average QB more than half the teams in the league would want on their team tomorrow given the opportunity. He stepped into a dumpster fire organization that was 1-15, had his first season be what I consider THE WORST single season run team from top to bottom in the history of the league with Urban Meyer spectacle, was able to lead the team to a winning season his second year (which I'd basically view as his first year considering the aforementioned rookie year dumpster fire). His current team is still devoid of talent at most positions outside RB. Ridley has been a disappointment for sure, how you want to split the blame between him and the play calling doesn't change that fact. The defense is playing above their weight class most weeks, but still overall in the bottom half of the league against both the run and pass.

Doug Pederson should be calling the plays at least, since he's for whatever reason incapable of cutting off that growth that is Press Taylor who's been rewarded for other peoples work since the Chip Kelly days. I'm no Wentz fan, but knew a lot of people who were very high on him (at least before we found out how big of a PITA he is) and largely blamed Taylor for his lack of progression. Obv. we can all say that TLaw best prospect ever did not pan out. But he still has a very high ceiling; he just needs a competent coach to not only design a better offense for him and the pieces they currently have, but also to coach him up on some of the bad habits TLaw has been showing the past few games. Coaching matters, if you need a reminder look at Purdy in SF. Give Purdy his flowers as he's been playing well himself, but he's also been set up for success about as well as I can ever remember any QB has. If Lawrence had even 10% of that he'd not only be playing better, but also showing improvement. He's still only 24 years old and I'd comfortably bet the over on him being a starting QB for at least another 8 years. He just needs a little help, anywhere, from anyone.

I mean, he has had a revolving door of WRs all year long. the o-line is bad too. those believing in the niners are worse than those chastising TL.
Niners are a total sham. come off a two week bye - of course they'll win that game. 99.5% of the time they'll win it. now watch them go to Denver or Carolina and get waxed.
I can believe there are shanahan truthers in here. TL is a very good QB you can do a lot worse. Niners won't win a damn thing this year. same as always under the Boy Blunder

This is the answer. People can't see past their fantasy rosters as the indicator of a players success. He's def been a bummer for fantasy, but he's been a solid NFL QB this year. Not many would have had the Jags at 6-3 right now before the season started.

If you ignore the fact he was being touted as the best QB prospect since Luck/OAT, he's still been an above average QB more than half the teams in the league would want on their team tomorrow given the opportunity. He stepped into a dumpster fire organization that was 1-15, had his first season be what I consider THE WORST single season run team from top to bottom in the history of the league with Urban Meyer spectacle, was able to lead the team to a winning season his second year (which I'd basically view as his first year considering the aforementioned rookie year dumpster fire). His current team is still devoid of talent at most positions outside RB. Ridley has been a disappointment for sure, how you want to split the blame between him and the play calling doesn't change that fact. The defense is playing above their weight class most weeks, but still overall in the bottom half of the league against both the run and pass.

Doug Pederson should be calling the plays at least, since he's for whatever reason incapable of cutting off that growth that is Press Taylor who's been rewarded for other peoples work since the Chip Kelly days. I'm no Wentz fan, but knew a lot of people who were very high on him (at least before we found out how big of a PITA he is) and largely blamed Taylor for his lack of progression. Obv. we can all say that TLaw best prospect ever did not pan out. But he still has a very high ceiling; he just needs a competent coach to not only design a better offense for him and the pieces they currently have, but also to coach him up on some of the bad habits TLaw has been showing the past few games. Coaching matters, if you need a reminder look at Purdy in SF. Give Purdy his flowers as he's been playing well himself, but he's also been set up for success about as well as I can ever remember any QB has. If Lawrence had even 10% of that he'd not only be playing better, but also showing improvement. He's still only 24 years old and I'd comfortably bet the over on him being a starting QB for at least another 8 years. He just needs a little help, anywhere, from anyone.
3-1 vs 3/2 TD's/Int's. That's not all attributable to Etienne. They have not sustained drives like they should. Not great with 3rd downs. Lawrence has the highest rate of balls batted down from the line of scrimmage. Not saying it's all him. Schemes, play calls, whatever. But they are not getting it done. Nowhere near as explosive as people thought, other than Etienne runs (which should help Lawrence, not hurt him)

3-1 vs 3/2 TD's/Int's. That's not all attributable to Etienne. They have not sustained drives like they should. Not great with 3rd downs. Lawrence has the highest rate of balls batted down from the line of scrimmage. Not saying it's all him. Schemes, play calls, whatever. But they are not getting it done. Nowhere near as explosive as people thought, other than Etienne runs (which should help Lawrence, not hurt him)
Yeah, very little of it is him tbh. They have undoubtedly a bottom 3 offensive line in the league. Matt Waldman just had a podcast talking about doing what I myself also just did last week; I watched every TLaw turnover on the season, interceptions and fumbles. Go figure, less than half anyone with eyes who saw the actual play would say he even played a part in. I'd personally say 2/3rds he couldn't do anything about. I'd suggest you do the same and you'll see I'm not being hyperbolic. A lateral pass to Tank Bigsby that hits him in the hands and gets muffed out of bounds dings Lawrence on the stat sheet. A d-lineman flying in untouched in less than 2.0 seconds that crushes him from the blind side dings Lawrence on the stat sheet. A perfect pass downfield to Ridley goes between his hands and into the hands of the CB dings Lawrence on the stat sheet.

He could definitely be playing better, and at times doesn't even look as good as he did down the stretch last year. But any argument using turnovers or lack of TDs against Lawrence is IMO a bad one and indicative of someone box score scouting rather than watching the games. Especially the TDs are similar to the ire of Lamar owners right now; fantasy isn't real football. If Gus Edwards is scoring inside the 10 yard line on 80% of his touches (totally fabricated number, I have no clue the rate except to say I know it's high), why are they going to have Lamar pass there? Or risk him getting injured on a QB keep? It doesn't mean he suddenly can't do it. It's just the way they are running the offense, and considering their record, I'm guessing they'll keep doing it that way.

Totally agree major parts of their offense still aren't working great though, but I see very little of it attributable to Lawrence tbh. IMO it's a team with a horrendous oline, a pathetic OC, a below average defense, and no real weapons on offense except one RB. I'd like to think Ridley COULD be a weapon, but certainly not the way he's being utilized right now. And would it even matter with that line? When the line gives nearly 0 time for plays to develop downfield. Not to mention, they are so poor at protection teams are able to apply pressure only rushing 4 defenders like SF, against 5 OL +1 TE. that leaves 7 defenders to cover 3 WRs lol. It's a losing scenario even for some of the best players in the league. I think they are barely surviving on the fact TLaw has the 2nd fastest release in the league behind only Tua. And I realize ETN can't take every carry, but Tank is a disgrace and legitimately losing the team games with his poor play, even despite only touching the ball 4-5 times a game. I believe he was involved in at least 4 of those turnovers attributed to Lawrence on the stat sheet so far this season.

I thought he would take a huge step forward this year. Really surprised he's only got 9 TD's through 9 games.

They need to get this man an O-line and a real alpha WR, be it from draft or FA.

Neither Kirk nor Ridley have ever been a true WR1. Ridley, the one season he went off, was still benefitting from having Julio across the field for half that season and Matt Ryan was in his last year of effective play.

Yeah, very little of it is him tbh. They have undoubtedly a bottom 3 offensive line in the league. Matt Waldman just had a podcast talking about doing what I myself also just did last week; I watched every TLaw turnover on the season, interceptions and fumbles. Go figure, less than half anyone with eyes who saw the actual play would say he even played a part in. I'd personally say 2/3rds he couldn't do anything about. I'd suggest you do the same and you'll see I'm not being hyperbolic. A lateral pass to Tank Bigsby that hits him in the hands and gets muffed out of bounds dings Lawrence on the stat sheet. A d-lineman flying in untouched in less than 2.0 seconds that crushes him from the blind side dings Lawrence on the stat sheet. A perfect pass downfield to Ridley goes between his hands and into the hands of the CB dings Lawrence on the stat sheet.

He could definitely be playing better, and at times doesn't even look as good as he did down the stretch last year. But any argument using turnovers or lack of TDs against Lawrence is IMO a bad one and indicative of someone box score scouting rather than watching the games. Especially the TDs are similar to the ire of Lamar owners right now; fantasy isn't real football. If Gus Edwards is scoring inside the 10 yard line on 80% of his touches (totally fabricated number, I have no clue the rate except to say I know it's high), why are they going to have Lamar pass there? Or risk him getting injured on a QB keep? It doesn't mean he suddenly can't do it. It's just the way they are running the offense, and considering their record, I'm guessing they'll keep doing it that way.

Totally agree major parts of their offense still aren't working great though, but I see very little of it attributable to Lawrence tbh. IMO it's a team with a horrendous oline, a pathetic OC, a below average defense, and no real weapons on offense except one RB. I'd like to think Ridley COULD be a weapon, but certainly not the way he's being utilized right now. And would it even matter with that line? When the line gives nearly 0 time for plays to develop downfield. Not to mention, they are so poor at protection teams are able to apply pressure only rushing 4 defenders like SF, against 5 OL +1 TE. that leaves 7 defenders to cover 3 WRs lol. It's a losing scenario even for some of the best players in the league. I think they are barely surviving on the fact TLaw has the 2nd fastest release in the league behind only Tua. And I realize ETN can't take every carry, but Tank is a disgrace and legitimately losing the team games with his poor play, even despite only touching the ball 4-5 times a game. I believe he was involved in at least 4 of those turnovers attributed to Lawrence on the stat sheet so far this season.
I own Lawrence and Kirk and have watched every game. So this isn’t Monday Morning QB by box score. I will agree that the O line is the major issue. But we agree to disagree on some of the plays, including the pass to Bigsby being easily catchable. Fastball to avoid a sack

Dynasty:

Would you rather have Lawrence or Kyler? A few weeks ago, I would have said Lawrence. But Kyler was out there running around as fast as ever, and is only 26.

Dynasty:

Would you rather have Lawrence or Kyler? A few weeks ago, I would have said Lawrence. But Kyler was out there running around as fast as ever, and is only 26.
For this year, Kyler. For the next two or three years, probably Kyler. After three years Lawrence as I see him as a starting QB for another 12-15 years. Not sure how long Kyler’s career will last when he loses speed but he’s a top 7 fantasy QB when healthy.

Lawrence seems to have showed up a week late. It's week 11 and here he goes.

Enjoy all ye Lawrence fantasy owners and rejoice!

If Trevor Lawrence and Brock Purdy switched teams, the 49ers are undefeated right now and the Jaguars would be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.
Didn't the 49ers have several other QBs in Shanahan's scheme with similar/same weapons that weren't nearly as successful as Purdy? Give the kid some credit.

Major bummer, seemed to finally be hitting stride the past 3 weeks. And Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and Carolina for 3 of his next 4 I'd imagine would have kept it going. Also scored 4 rushing TDs in the past 3 since the knee brace came off. I think they were purposefully not calling his number on designed runs until it got cleared. Non-owners might get one last buy low window this offseason if he doesn't come back soon, or comes back hobbled and underperforms.

Best case scenario but still really sucks.

I just locked up the playoffs in a 16-team IDP with TLaw + Fields as my 2 QBs.

I’d much rather have fields as my SF than my QB1. Lost RS to a high ankle as well.

Just brutal timing. I could be a 1 & done.
🥹

Best case scenario but still really sucks.

I just locked up the playoffs in a 16-team IDP with TLaw + Fields as my 2 QBs.

I’d much rather have fields as my SF than my QB1. Lost RS to a high ankle as well.

Just brutal timing. I could be a 1 & done.
🥹
Hear ya brother, scrolling down my dynasty bench I got TLaw, Rhamondre, and Tank Dell just this week to add to the potentially dead pile with Dobbins, Waller, Mike Williams, and Aaron Jones (who might come back, but no way I can start him at this point). Limping into the playoffs would be an understatement.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Jaguars have signed QB Nathan Rourke to the active roster.

The news of Rourke being signed to the active roster means more for Trevor Lawrence and his fantasy managers than it does for Rourke. While it’s too early to say whether or not Lawrence will suit up in Week 14 against the Browns, teams tend to add an extra quarterback to the roster in anticipation of a player not playing. Head coach Doug Pederson said on Friday that Lawerence would “probably” be a game-time decision, so the signing of Rourke could be nothing more than the Jags doing their due diligence to prepare for anything. If we don’t hear any update on Lawrence Saturday, we’ll likely be waiting until the team releases their inactives to have clarity on his Week 14 status.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Jaguars have signed QB Nathan Rourke to the active roster.

The news of Rourke being signed to the active roster means more for Trevor Lawrence and his fantasy managers than it does for Rourke. While it’s too early to say whether or not Lawrence will suit up in Week 14 against the Browns, teams tend to add an extra quarterback to the roster in anticipation of a player not playing. Head coach Doug Pederson said on Friday that Lawerence would “probably” be a game-time decision, so the signing of Rourke could be nothing more than the Jags doing their due diligence to prepare for anything. If we don’t hear any update on Lawrence Saturday, we’ll likely be waiting until the team releases their inactives to have clarity on his Week 14 status.
Rourke is going to get tattooed if he plays.

I respect it and get you're in the middle of a tight division race, but man this seems really rushed. Hope he can get out of the game intact.

It would be great to see him out there, but I'm concerned fantasy wise if he plays. I imagine his mobility will be limited and I doubt we'll see any of those reach over TDs at the goal line if/when they get there.

Users who are viewing this thread