What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Tua Tagovailoa, MIA (1 Viewer)

Under 20 points in the last 5 out of 7 games.
I keep going back to him knowing he has Tyreek and Waddle and could exploded but he doesn’t and just isn’t putting up the big numbers.
Frustrating fantasy football wise.
The running game has taken all the td"s this year. He'll probably be good value in next year's redrafts.
Yes, good call. He just needs continued good health for himself and Tyreek Hill.

On his 5th year option, Tua is a 23 million dollar cap hit. Miami (specifically McDaniel and Grier) both like Tua, so I assume he will resign. Figure his "market value" is somewhere around 35-40 mil per year (based on what the QB landscape looks like) on the normal end, and 50 mil on the high end. With his injury history and the need to create some cap space, Miami likely signs him to a 4 or 5 year 150 - 200 million dollar deal with it really being a 2 year deal with some dead money on year 3 if Tua doesn't improve (Roster bonuses etc on the contract to protect the phins and Tua if the concussions come back up etc). Grier for all of his faults has been good at creating deals that give Miami an "out" if the player craps the bed, or ways to mitigate the cap hits if the player works out and mIami needs the cap room.

They likely lower his cap hit to 10 million this year, freeing up 13 mil in cap space to help sign more guys for the 2 year "contender" window of 2024 and 2025.

2026 if Miami has won a title or not will be time for the "hard" choices. Stephen Ross wants to win and has money to burn. If he tells grier "buy me a championship" I am sure there will be a lot of signing bonus money to pay now and likely a "tear down and rebuild" in 2027 regardless of Tua and the Dolphins' fate.

Tua is a very likeable guy. I hope he and McDaniel solve some of the problems versus good teams.

>>Ok Vegas! Tua Tagovailoa hopped on the guitar with Darius Rucker & Daniel Jones was in the house supporting<<

NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports the Dolphins are “hopeful to get something done before training camp” with QB Tua Tagovailoa.
According to Wolfe, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier said the team is “hopeful to get something done before training camp” with Tagovailoa, who is in line for a big extension this offseason. Heading into a contract year, Tagovailoa now has a Pro Bowl season and playoff game under his belt from 2023. In four seasons, the Dolphins have emphasized their commitment to him as their franchise quarterback, especially with his development under head coach Mike McDaniel over the last two. Tagovailoa posted a league-high 8.9 yards per attempt in 2022 and a league-high 4,624 total passing yards in 2023. Wolfe emphasized that a deal expected to be as large as Tagovailoa’s likely won’t get done before free agency, but that the Dolphins aim to have it done before the season.

NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports the Dolphins are “hopeful to get something done before training camp” with QB Tua Tagovailoa.
According to Wolfe, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier said the team is “hopeful to get something done before training camp” with Tagovailoa, who is in line for a big extension this offseason. Heading into a contract year, Tagovailoa now has a Pro Bowl season and playoff game under his belt from 2023. In four seasons, the Dolphins have emphasized their commitment to him as their franchise quarterback, especially with his development under head coach Mike McDaniel over the last two. Tagovailoa posted a league-high 8.9 yards per attempt in 2022 and a league-high 4,624 total passing yards in 2023. Wolfe emphasized that a deal expected to be as large as Tagovailoa’s likely won’t get done before free agency, but that the Dolphins aim to have it done before the season.
Training Camp is still quite a few months off...what big event is there between now and then...oh that's right , the Draft
If they wanted to extend Tua, they could have done it already, price is just going up with each passing day IMHO

I'm 75% sure they will just extend him, maybe see what kind of trade offers might surface at the Draft.
I think Miami with all their talent on offense could draft another QB and let it ride for 2-3 years, see what happens while you have the best surrounding talent
Once they pay Tua, or if they have to give him $250M over 5 years, something around there, the dynamics of the team change almost overnight
And then there is no going back IMHO. What is the cap hit Denver must eat from Russ Wilson?
Be careful Mr Grier, seems like he is already

Users who are viewing this thread