What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashad Jennings (1 Viewer)

I agree that Andre Williams is a viable option for those that are RB needy. All I was saying in this thread - and the Andre Williams thread - is that I can see him having a very lackluster game. Something to the tune of 50-60 total yards and no TD and that this great opportunity/matchup might not pan out as some hope it will. He obviously has upside for more though, but I'd just temper expectations before confidently sliding him in as my RB2.

I think people who are higher on Williams than others are too focused on the matchup and forgetting just how lackluster Williams was when Jennings was out the first time around. In those 4 games, Williams never hit 60 rushing yards. He had rushing totals of 22, 33, 51 and 59. He also had 2 games with no catches and had 1 and 2 in the others. He did get 2 TDs but those came in games where he had less than 50 yards total. Ultimately through 4 starts, he averaged 8.6 points in PPR. That's incredibly pedestrian. If you think he will overachieve this week because of matchup, I get that but the Titans rank as low as they do because they've been destroyed by the likes of Shady, Bell, Forsett, Foster and Murray, which totally inflate their yards allowed total. They held Morris to 54 yards. They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started. They can contain mediocre RBs and Andre Williams is that. We are still talking about a guy with a 2.9ypc this season who is pretty much nonexistent in the passing game. This game was a dream matchup for Jennings. For Williams.... eh. I'd flex him with moderate expectations but any talk of him being a viable RB2 is the same overrating he got when he took over for Jennings the first time.

Of course this could be the rantings of a bitter Jennings owner in two leagues who has Andre Williams in neither.
Of course they are focused on matchup. It is win or go home time. Nobody is picking Williams up for week 15, there may not be a week 15 to worry about."They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started"

LOL!!!!!!!! Not Storm Johnson and T-Rich!!!!!
And Andre is not much better than they are...

I think people who are higher on Williams than others are too focused on the matchup and forgetting just how lackluster Williams was when Jennings was out the first time around. In those 4 games, Williams never hit 60 rushing yards. He had rushing totals of 22, 33, 51 and 59. He also had 2 games with no catches and had 1 and 2 in the others. He did get 2 TDs but those came in games where he had less than 50 yards total. Ultimately through 4 starts, he averaged 8.6 points in PPR. That's incredibly pedestrian. If you think he will overachieve this week because of matchup, I get that but the Titans rank as low as they do because they've been destroyed by the likes of Shady, Bell, Forsett, Foster and Murray, which totally inflate their yards allowed total. They held Morris to 54 yards. They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started. They can contain mediocre RBs and Andre Williams is that. We are still talking about a guy with a 2.9ypc this season who is pretty much nonexistent in the passing game. This game was a dream matchup for Jennings. For Williams.... eh. I'd flex him with moderate expectations but any talk of him being a viable RB2 is the same overrating he got when he took over for Jennings the first time.

Of course this could be the rantings of a bitter Jennings owner in two leagues who has Andre Williams in neither.
Of course they are focused on matchup. It is win or go home time. Nobody is picking Williams up for week 15, there may not be a week 15 to worry about."They held TRich and Gio to 47. They held Storm Johson to 21 in the week where he started"

LOL!!!!!!!! Not Storm Johnson and T-Rich!!!!!
And Andre is not much better than they are...
Not saying he is, but he will get volume and redzone looks. For some people in survival mode that is all you need for a week.

I don't think anyone who have better options are here right now though.

follow up to post above

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN · 30m30 minutes ago
Rashad Jennings said "the hope" is that he can practice Friday.
how can you only be hoping for a friday practice and expect to play sunday... that doesnt make sense
In this instance, don't think he can. If they were in the race, it's pretty simple:

1. Two days more rest is a LOT if he is "close" on Friday, plus you don't want to get a set back in practive

2. You don't get tapped to the gills and then shot up with painkillers to practice, but you do to play.

If he were really needed (and I suggest he is not because they Giants suck) then two days more rest plus gameday prep could easily be why he'd play but not practice.

This looks like trouble even if Big #### Jennings plays. I can see them taking him out inside the 10.

He's out as far as I am concerned. Even if he does practice Friday, have to be worried about how much work he'll actually get, especially at the GL and in general his ability to stay in the game. He could aggravate the injury in the 1st drive and be ruled out of the game after 2 carries for 10 yards.

Gonna roll the dice with either Shoelace or Grice, which is sickening given what a healthy Jennings should have been able to do and that this is the playoffs.

Deciding between Mason, J. Hill, J. Bell, R. Matthews and Andre Williams

We start 1RB, 1WR and 2 flex.

Gross PPR choice here.

Is Mason the one whose guaranteed 20 touches?

I will again remind folks who are trying to decide between Williams and someone else that the Giants almost literally have no offensive line right now. I don't have a crystal ball and of course it's possible that Williams could have a big day but I'd be very surprised given that there's no one left to block for him.

I will again remind folks who are trying to decide between Williams and someone else that the Giants almost literally have no offensive line right now. I don't have a crystal ball and of course it's possible that Williams could have a big day but I'd be very surprised given that there's no one left to block for him.
That helps, narrows my choice down to 4 other guys ranked in the 17-20 range.

They get Pugh back this week. It actually will be the 5 that were the starters at the beginning of the year

Last edited by a moderator:
While I agree it's looking doubtful, I don't know where people are getting this goal one stuff from. IF he plays he plays - rotate series with Williams until later in the game. He's not going to be pulled at the goal line.

That said, looking like J Stew for me.

While I agree it's looking doubtful, I don't know where people are getting this goal one stuff from. IF he plays he plays - rotate series with Williams until later in the game. He's not going to be pulled at the goal line.

Eh, I kind of buy the goal line stuff. Jennings has proven fragile and has an ankle sprain. Andre Williams has proven that he can hammer it on from the goal line. So I can buy into the belief that Coughlin would opt for the latter for GL opportunities. Probably will prove to be a moot point. Jennings will be out. Williams will finish with 50-60 total yards and probably a TD and please his fantasy owners. It is what it is.

Eh, I kind of buy the goal line stuff. Jennings has proven fragile and has an ankle sprain. Andre Williams has proven that he can hammer it on from the goal line. So I can buy into the belief that Coughlin would opt for the latter for GL opportunities. Probably will prove to be a moot point. Jennings will be out. Williams will finish with 50-60 total yards and probably a TD and please his fantasy owners. It is what it is.
is that true? earlier in the season his hit rate wasn't that high. maybe that's improved recently?

Really hope he doesn't play... If he doesn't go, Williams gets most of the work, I'll take that.

If he does go, who knows if he plays a series or two and comes out bc he's hurting too much (and we know he is kinda soft with injuries), that's the nightmare scenario.

I'm almost leaning towards Gio Bernard over either if he is active.

I think even if Jennings is active, you don't go with him or Williams if you have a remotely decent option elsewhere. Be it someone like Gio or, in my case, Shoelace.

Would have to decide between Jennings and either SJax or Stepfan Taylor. Taylor if the confirmed starter is intriguing but even he could jut as easily as Jennings end up with 5 touches or something.

Wondering if we are better off if he sits to save us from ourselves. I would likely play him.

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings (ankle, questionable) traveled with the Giants to Nashville for the team's Week 14 matchup with the Titans.
Jennings has contented he would play if he traveled with the team to Nashville, so it appears he is a good bet to suit up on Sunday. How much he will play or how effective he will be is still in question. Jennings reportedly looked hobbled in practice on Friday, and Jennings himself said he "definitely" will not be 100 percent. Even if he is active, there is always the chance he aggravates the injury early in the game. Jennings will be a high-risk RB3 despite a tasty matchup against the Titans.

Related: Andre Williams

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Dec 6 - 12:47 PM

This guy and Roddy White are frustrating me this week. Just sit out and get healthy for next week.
This... Like WTF is his problem? I'd rather play Andre Williams. He's too risky. And now I'm sure I'll bench him for ####### Gio and Jennigs will go off :kicksrock:

Rotoworld:

Rashad Jennings (ankle, questionable) traveled with the Giants to Nashville for the team's Week 14 matchup with the Titans.
Jennings has contented he would play if he traveled with the team to Nashville, so it appears he is a good bet to suit up on Sunday. How much he will play or how effective he will be is still in question. Jennings reportedly looked hobbled in practice on Friday, and Jennings himself said he "definitely" will not be 100 percent. Even if he is active, there is always the chance he aggravates the injury early in the game. Jennings will be a high-risk RB3 despite a tasty matchup against the Titans.

Related: Andre Williams

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter
Dec 6 - 12:47 PM
This is the big concern. Big #### Jennings may just call it a day after a few carries.

I will again remind folks who are trying to decide between Williams and someone else that the Giants almost literally have no offensive line right now. I don't have a crystal ball and of

course it's possible that Williams could have a big day but I'd be very surprised given that there's no one left to block for him.
But Tennessee has almost no d-line. It's like a slight gust blowing against a feather. The slight gust may actually win out.

mrfrood said:
This guy and Roddy White are frustrating me this week. Just sit out and get healthy for next week.
Roddy White has come out in the past and said if he doesn't practice through the week, he should not be started in fantasy leagues. At least he gives you a heads up.

I will probably roll Jennings unless it comes out that he will be severely limited. The Titans are truly terrible and have gotten gashed without fail the last month+. Unless you have a realistic option I wouldn't bench Jennings for the likes of Asiata, Stepfan Taylor, etc.

Just because he may play does not mean you need to start him. Think about this out loud, you are going to start a RB who didnt practice this week or couldnt put pressure on his ankle 6 days ago and was hobbled on Friday during his lone practice for a must win game.

For you guys that are playing him why? I would play any scrub that gets carries over this guy seeing as how RBs need their ankles. Bad Ds dont matter for RBs if they cant run.

I'm almost putting Andre Williams ahead of Jennings. I was hoping he just wouldn't play!

Might just roll with Gio over both. He's ####### everything up. Rashad, we know you're a #####, just sit this one out #######!

Just because he may play does not mean you need to start him. Think about this out loud, you are going to start a RB who didnt practice this week or couldnt put pressure on his ankle 6 days ago and was hobbled on Friday during his lone practice for a must win game.

For you guys that are playing him why? I would play any scrub that gets carries over this guy seeing as how RBs need their ankles. Bad Ds dont matter for RBs if they cant run.
comes down to alternatives and the hope that if he's starting he's deemed well enough to play. plus good matchup. lots or risk for sure.

Two words: Marion Grice. That's my only other viable option. Are you seriously telling me you would play Grice over Jennings if the later is active today?

This sucks! Despite Jennings being the superior talent, I'm leaning toward Williams for the following reasons:

1. Coughlin's mindset on no practice all week for Jennings.

2. Williams more likely to get the GL carries.

3. Very real potential for Jennings to re-injure and pull himself out.

Thoughts?

Decided to go Gio... I anticipate being in a close matchup today and can't afford the risk of a 3 point performance.

If I was choosing between the two of them, I'd lean Williams.

same unproductive comment as posted in the rash injury thread.

ppr.

starting williams. benching rash.

good luck to all.

-biz-

Users who are viewing this thread