What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (2 Viewers)

I think he's going to single handedly win me my big money local.  We get double points (12) for non-traditional TDs too, so those receiving TDs are 12.  Man crush.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he had that 2nd gear, he’d be about perfect. Very smooth, doesn’t lose any speed in his cuts but doesn’t have that extra kick, he can be caught from behind.

Drafted him in the 16th round and started him every game besides his bye.

I get to keep him:

15th 2018

13th 2019

10th 2020

6th 2021

Then he goes back into the pool as we can’t keep 1st and 2nd rounds.  I figure as long as Brees is there he will have tremendous value.

Dude has been ? 

Just watching him today, he reminds me of Jamaal Charles a lot on how he gets to the next level. Such a pleasure to watch!!!

Just watching him today, he reminds me of Jamaal Charles a lot on how he gets to the next level. Such a pleasure to watch!!!
I don't know who to compare him to style wise, all is runs are up the gut the chunks and all his receptions go for chunks. Young Charles was busting his runs outside, Kamara is right up the middle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He had 11 touch's combined his first three weeks, hes on pace for 794 rushing, 800 receiving.  He has a damn good chance to go 1000/1000 for the first time since Faulk did it in 99. 

Lololololololololololololololklololololll
With all due respect I agree with original poster. SEC fan watched LOTS of his college snaps. He eerily reminds/looks like CJ2K until you realize he can be caught from behind and is fast but doesn't have that high 2nd gear.

Almost got caught on the long TD run but escaped tackle.....caught near goal line on 33 pass from Brees.

It will be very interesting to see what Kamara's ADP will be next year.

What a great talent.....and he is in the perfect situation to maximize his touches.

It will be very interesting to see what Kamara's ADP will be next year.

What a great talent.....and he is in the perfect situation to maximize his touches.
Right now there are a lot of unknowns. Does big Ben come back? Impacts bell and brown. How does dj bounce back? Is Ingram on a different team? Do people think hunt is a fluke? The only locks for top 3 are EE and Gurley. I'd say right now kamara is mid 1st rounder in ppr.

Right now there are a lot of unknowns. Does big Ben come back? Impacts bell and brown. How does dj bounce back? Is Ingram on a different team? Do people think hunt is a fluke? The only locks for top 3 are EE and Gurley. I'd say right now kamara is mid 1st rounder in ppr.
That sounds right to me.  Also Brees' situation.  

More interesting question is where he might go in dynasty start-up.  I still think he might be underrated.  Similarities to Jamaal Charles are striking.  

He's elusive which helps him avoid taking big hits and his lower body strength is damn impressive which helps him make plays after initial contact. It seems like every time he touches the ball he's popping off a chunk play. Just so much damn fun to watch. What a weapon. 

He's elusive which helps him avoid taking big hits and his lower body strength is damn impressive which helps him make plays after initial contact. It seems like every time he touches the ball he's popping off a chunk play. Just so much damn fun to watch. What a weapon. 
His timing, vision and ability to accelerate just out of the teach of defenders is uncanny. Ditto with his balance. I think it's a bit of a perfect storm scenario and on a different team he's performing more like Duke Johnson, but it sure is fun to watch right now. 

Ummmm... he's pretty good, and exciting to watch. Can he keep it up for the next 5 games? Our season goes through week 17 in one league. This guy single-handedly won week 12 for our team. Put the icing on the cake. Next week Carolina Panthers come visit... we play the team that starts Ingram, who has been great! I like Kamara a tad better against CAR and their rush D. 

Not sure what’s so funny. He got caught from behind twice yesterday. I’m not saying he’s not great, I love to watch him play. But he’s not Chris Johnson or J Charles. Those guys had 4.2-4.3 speed. Kamara is a 4.5 guy. He will miss out on a few big plays a year by being chased down. 
I certainly agree that Charles and CJ are not great comps.  I still think of him more like Bell or DJ, stylistically, who had 4.6 and 4.5 40s.

I remember Arians when David Johnson was a rookie saying that he could be a WR in the NFL.  Kamara has David Johnson receiving ability and his TD's the last two weeks were perfect examples of him separating from the LB with an out cut and getting his head around, locating the ball and turning upfield.

I think what we don't know about Kamara and likely won't until next year at the earliest is can he turn into the type of bellcow back Johnson is based on workload.  He's garnering 25-30/game which I think helps his ability to be explosive late.  If he were to get to 45-50 snaps/game, and 750-800 in a season - could he hold up?

His efficiency rates obviously aren't sustainable at such workloads, but diverse skillset might position him for a future 2000 YFS season.

I remember Arians when David Johnson was a rookie saying that he could be a WR in the NFL.  Kamara has David Johnson receiving ability and his TD's the last two weeks were perfect examples of him separating from the LB with an out cut and getting his head around, locating the ball and turning upfield.

I think what we don't know about Kamara and likely won't until next year at the earliest is can he turn into the type of bellcow back Johnson is based on workload.  He's garnering 25-30/game which I think helps his ability to be explosive late.  If he were to get to 45-50 snaps/game, and 750-800 in a season - could he hold up?

His efficiency rates obviously aren't sustainable at such workloads, but diverse skillset might position him for a future 2000 YFS season.
I don't think he should be put in the position to get more than 15 or so touches a game under normal circumstances. They have clearly found the ideal usage for him.

He's not an elite talent, despite his first couple of games. Think he's still a bit overrated.
You are stubborn my friend!

Every take you've added to this thread so far has been wrong. You said Kamara was not a complete back. Wrong. You said he couldn't run between the tackles. Wrong.  

I would respectfully suggest that you have a very poor feel for this player. Watch him play! If your impression of his NFL tape so far is in any way negative then you are either not objective or have no eye for the position 

Anytime you get 30+ on 11 touches, its memorable. He was close to getting 3 TDs which would have gave him 40 points on 11 touches.

I don't think there is a more efficient point producer per touch at RB in the league right now. His biggest asset is balance as his stride is effortless, almost looks like he's jogging with no head bob or indications that he is even trying to run fast. Then there's his receiving ability which is top grade. Combine the two and you got something pretty unique to trot out each week.

On the Top 200 fwd, he's a viewed as a low end RB1, high end RB2. :eek:
What a sick call on 10/3. Anyone complaining about FBG not helping them win this year, should go back to this. The key to dominating this year was getting Kamara early. FBG was on it pretty quickly.  

Getting a start with me in standard. Been holding him since he shown out week 1. If he ended up at RB 5 by the end of year, I woudln't blink twice. Rare RB with a Freeman ceiling and a Tevin Coleman floor. 
Even I underestimated him. He is the RB3 in my standard league- just 2 points behind Leveon Bell. 

His last month was crazy. I pulled up weeks 8-12, to see where he stood. 50 points better than the next back, which was Ingram, bizarrely.

Contrast Peyton's usage of Kamara with Reid's usage of Hunt. Peyton has it dialed in right now and Kamara doesn't even seem out of breath in the post game interviews.

Contrast Peyton's usage of Kamara with Reid's usage of Hunt. Peyton has it dialed in right now and Kamara doesn't even seem out of breath in the post game interviews.
Oddly, at this point in the season, Hunt might be more effective if Ware hadn't been injured. 

That's a very valid point
He wouldn't have given owners that insane 4 game run to start the year, but the offense might be more balanced right now. Given how desperate they are for playmakers, being able to use Hunt and Ware could have been rather helpful right now. I still think Tyreek Hill as the primary #1 WR is the biggest issue on the team. 

Users who are viewing this thread