What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jordan Howard , NO (3 Viewers)

I doubted him, and I cut him. Got him back by bidding rest of my budget and now I wont doubt him again. He has all the talent in the world, hopefully his coach has the talent to see talent.

My guess would be he was benched for his fumble, the coaches were ashamed they would bench their best player at this point. In a form of regret they call it an injury. Howard mistakenly probably did not hear the news and was asked said he wasnt hurt. Is it the truth I dont know but it is possible and likely.

Howard looked great yesterday other than the fumble. He must have had 5 or 6 10+ yard runs and just looked very smooth running the ball. Hopefully he isn't injured and Fox isn't dumb enough to not start him the rest of the way. 

Howard looked great yesterday other than the fumble. He must have had 5 or 6 10+ yard runs and just looked very smooth running the ball. Hopefully he isn't injured and Fox isn't dumb enough to not start him the rest of the way. 
It's good to hear he looked good. Will be looking forward to watching it on replay. 

I've never seen less respect for a rookie that had 3 100 yards games in 5 starts  4 100 yard games in 6 starts. (updated). 114 carries, for 605 (5.3ypc)? And this isn't just a couple long runs, he is routinely churning out 5-8+ yard runs for first downs in non third and long type situations, situations where the defense is trying to stop the run. These are not Kadeem Carey type draws vs prevent D. Hell even Forte wasn't this productive on the ground. Even his most productive years he never averaged over 5 yards per carry (usually closer to 4 than 5). What in the heck are these bozos thinking benching the best player on their team?

And Lankford hasn't had one 100 yard game in this offense during his entire career. He's not even worth bringing up into the conversation going forward. I'll give Howard a pass on a Thu night away game vs GB with Matt Barkley as his QB, and I put the JAX game on the coaches as they went away from Howard in that game and ended up losing the game for doing so (hope they learned). It's concerning that they give him such a short leash if they did really pull him for that fumble. He has never shown in the past any indicator that he has a fumbling problem per se. He would have had a good point output if they didn't bench him (and them later pretend it was an inj because in retrospect it was a foolish decision).

He's a tip, Fox, if you're going to fake an injury, take a page out of BB's book and at least let the guy who the conspiracy is about in on the secret. Hopefully its clear they need to stick with Howard and feed him going forward. His style is exactly the type of back that keeps the chains moving and tires/tears up a defense while resting their defense, which is Fox's style.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the injury note, he was on the bike most of second half on the sidelines. as dumb a decision as it is, i hope u guys are right that it was just a benching and not really an injury. we'll see as the week progresses.

He looked terrific and was a shoelace tackle away from breaking a few big ones. If Fox benched him because of that fumble he's an even bigger ####### hack than I already thought. Hope he gets fired tonight. Loggains too. 

Just brutal. Plugged him in hoping for a huge number based on a favorable MU. Watched as the points kept dialing up and then it stopped. I was watching some passing plays go to Langford and was thinking Howard will soon get his. Never happened and now this. Unreal. 

Even if Howard is hurt, would any RB be a worthy play in this horrible offense? Without Howard this offense does not move the ball.

I'm sure you can check it out on Twitter, Google or any other place on the internet. Just type in "Jordan Howard."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11339/jordan-howard/1

Jordan Howard denied that he suffered an ankle or Achilles' injury in the Week 10 loss to the Bucs.
"Nah, I ain't suffer nothing," said Howard when asked about coach John Fox's remark that Howard was injured in the second half. Well, then. We don't know what to believe, and don't expect to hear much else out of Chicago with the ultra-secretive Bears rarely ever shedding details on player

Bears coach John Fox revealed after Sunday's loss that Jordan Howard suffered an ankle or Achilles' injury against the Bucs.
Specifically, Fox stated Howard "possibly" has an Achilles' injury, which is concerning for the Bears' breakout rookie. We did not see the injury occur during the game, and the Bears are secretive-bordering-on-deceptive when it comes to injury situations. Hopefully we'll find out more on this soon. Nov 13 - 6:14 PM

Ok so any word out of Chicago about Howards injury/non injury. I can't find any new information on it and was wondering if there are any rumblings in Chicago about it. TIA

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Specifically, Fox stated Howard "possibly" has an Achilles' injury, which is concerning for the Bears' breakout rookie. 
Can we all just take a second to acknowledge how ####### weird and uncommon it is for a HC to speculate about a player's injury? Coaches never speak like this...

I think this screams of Fox benching him and knows he would look bad for it. Benching the only weapon you have to teach him a lesson when your QB is embarrassing QBs everywhere with his play?

And perhaps the people to ignore are someone with less than 100 likes on 1500 posts. In order to see the quality of a poster, look at the quality of his posts to others.
Saying look at google was saying, "yes no link but you should be able to find one if you google Jordan Howard."
Also, who uses a selfie on here? Just wondering is that thing?

Anyone watching the game would have seen Howard limping off the field badly. I saw it. That's a fact. He didn't come back into the game during that series or the next. Another fact.

What happened afterwards is anyone's guess. It was odd.  Maybe an achilles or ankle injury was the initial sideline prognosis. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all. Maybe Fox is blowing smoke. Maybe Howard doesn't want to lose his starting job. We'll find out this week. The practice reports on Wed can dispel it right away....or not. We'll see.

Cameron Meridith might be the last man standing to absorb up all that Alshon jeffory wr3 production.   :hophead:

When Howard was absent from the game for a long stretch, he was stuck at 91 yards. 

He came back in near the end of the game and had one more carry for 9 yards. That doesn't sound like someone who is badly injured.

Just went back and looked... 2nd to last series, Howard ran for 9 yards on first down, with about 5 minutes left in the game, to get to 100. He was stuck on 91 yards for what seemed to be well over a quarter. 

It is no coincidence that when the Broncos fired Fox, that they won the SB the following year. Elways knew how bad Fox was at his job.

Still no word huh?

Is everyone grabbing Langford just in case? Don't feel like burning one on him.
Wondering the same and what to spend on him. Don't have much left (43 of $100) but also not much left on the wire in a 12 team league so not sure what to do. Know if I spend most Howard will be fine and if I don't spend enough I'll miss out and Howard will be out lol. 

Just went back and looked... 2nd to last series, Howard ran for 9 yards on first down, with about 5 minutes left in the game, to get to 100. He was stuck on 91 yards for what seemed to be well over a quarter. 
That's because Fox benched him for most of the rest of the game because of the fumble. Smh

He should not be hired as coach in any facet of the game. His punishment for being such a bad onlooker (doesnt deserve to be called a coach) of a team in his career. If not for Manning he would have been gone out of the NFL long ago.

Coughlin is unemployed and this guy gets to destroy a team. How the world works.

Howard limped/hopped off after that carry. But as the game ended, Howard was standing next to either Carey or Langford watching the game.

So, Howard definitely hurt his ankle somewhat. But he wouldn't have been standing and watching if it were serious IMO. And if it was a torn Achilles, he definitely wouldn't have been standing and we would have MRI results by now.

Howard limped/hopped off after that carry. But as the game ended, Howard was standing next to either Carey or Langford watching the game.

So, Howard definitely hurt his ankle somewhat. But he wouldn't have been standing and watching if it were serious IMO. And if it was a torn Achilles, he definitely wouldn't have been standing and we would have MRI results by now.
Not true!

Where do you dynasty guys rank Howard? Does the Bears' likelihood of uncertainty coaching-wise and QB-wise hurt him looking ahead at the next few years?

Where do you dynasty guys rank Howard? Does the Bears' likelihood uncertainty coaching and QB wise hurt him looking ahead at the next few years?
i think it would be tough for this team to be any worse than they are now and he's producing good numbers. imo he's a great add for dynasty.

Where do you dynasty guys rank Howard? Does the Bears' likelihood of uncertainty coaching-wise and QB-wise hurt him looking ahead at the next few years?
Im thnking he'll be a guy that ends up being surprisingly good fantasy value next year, especially if Chicago drafts a back.  Folks will be low on him because of the uncertainty, committee risk, new staff not invested, etc.  Jay Ajayi seems like a good situational parallel.

When Howard was absent from the game for a long stretch, he was stuck at 91 yards. 

He came back in near the end of the game and had one more carry for 9 yards. That doesn't sound like someone who is badly injured.
yeah I noticed that too ... something fishy here. Maybe, maybe not.

Langford has never been and never will be a good RB.  In the few weeks we saw Howard and Carey split carries, Carey looked much better than Langford has ever looked IMO..

Langford has never been and never will be a good RB.  In the few weeks we saw Howard and Carey split carries, Carey looked much better than Langford has ever looked IMO..
Agreed. Isn't he undersized though? Something tells me he's more of a COP back than a feature back. 

Agreed. Isn't he undersized though? Something tells me he's more of a COP back than a feature back. 
In his sophomore and Junior year at Arizona, he had 303 & 349 rushing attempts..

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kadeem-carey-1.html

seems to be able to carry the load.. Let's just put it this way, Langford has NEVER had a 100 yard rushing game as a Bear and Howard has had quite a few in just a few starts.. Langford has proven not to be the answer, and in fact, may have been the problem to begin with.  I guess it all depends on Carey's other abilities, to pass block and catch passes out of the backfield but I just can't see how Chicago would go back to the ultimate plodder, Jeremy Langford, if Howard is out.  I may make a pre-emptive Carey pickup right now tbh

He's practicing,so much ado about nothing. I guess he was right when he said," I ain't hurt nothin". Or was it "I ain't suffer nothin"?

Brad BiggsVerified account
‏@BradBiggs
#Bears RB Jordan Howard participated in practice today when media were allowed to view.

Fox has some splanin' to do.

Prob just punished for the fumble, way too coach em up John. Maybe try benching your QB for turning the ball over 3x in the first 15 minutes :shrug:

• Smile
Reactions: RBM

Users who are viewing this thread