What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kareem Hunt, CLE (1 Viewer)

I hear what many are saying in regards to Hunts slump recently. It sucks and makes for tough choices in fantasy.

Oaklands defense does seem like a good cure for Hunts slump if Reid will give him the opportunity though, making such decisions more difficult. I could see Hunt having a good game this week against the Raiders for sure. About the only thing that I see preventing that is Andy Reid.

I hear what many are saying in regards to Hunts slump recently. It sucks and makes for tough choices in fantasy.

Oaklands defense does seem like a good cure for Hunts slump if Reid will give him the opportunity though, making such decisions more difficult. I could see Hunt having a good game this week against the Raiders for sure. About the only thing that I see preventing that is Andy Reid.
That's a big thing though.  That's like saying I want to swim to Europe and the only thing preventing that is the ocean.  6 weeks in a row Hunt has had next to no carries.  The trend is awful and if you are willing to roll that out with a 'hope' that suddenly changes during the fantasy playoffs, then more power to you.  I would have had a bye if i just would have gotten off this dang train 4 weeks ago.  

Your points race continues through playoffs? Almost all end after the regular season. 
Yes. Our point race extends through week 17. We have a super bowl champion and a total points champion. Our total point champion is the true winner of the league. It’s a 12 team league and we’ve had plenty of teams over the 22 years I’ve been in it sneak in the playoffs and win the super bowl because their team was hot at the time. Total point champion to me, rewards the best team and keeps everyone’s interest til the end of the year.

That's a big thing though.  That's like saying I want to swim to Europe and the only thing preventing that is the ocean.  6 weeks in a row Hunt has had next to no carries.  The trend is awful and if you are willing to roll that out with a 'hope' that suddenly changes during the fantasy playoffs, then more power to you.  I would have had a bye if i just would have gotten off this dang train 4 weeks ago.  
Its not an easy decision. Never implied that it was.

Just saying that the match up for Hunt is a good one that folks should weigh against their other options.

Hunt makes it look so easy in the receiving game. They've been such idiots, it's free yardage. I get it if they're unsure of his pass-blocking on obvious 3rd and long situations but he needs to be catching more balls 

####### West with a TD...

At least Hunt looks like his old self. Amazing what a workload will do for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we think tonight? Worried they have to pass to play catchup. I can play Collins. Probably a no-brainier but love the early season Hunt potential....

I don't know if I trust Hunt after his good comeback game last week. I have both Hunt and Melvin Gordon tonight. I keep flip flopping on who I want to play. The Chargers are hot but on the road vs a pretty good run defense. Hunt is at home and the Chargers defense has been pretty good lately against the run.  

Both teams seem to prefer a pass offense to the run. Gordon does seem to get a more consistent volume of carries. Gordon is probably the safer option. If I thought Hunt would get same volume as last week I would start him for sure lol. 

I don't know if I trust Hunt after his good comeback game last week. I have both Hunt and Melvin Gordon tonight. I keep flip flopping on who I want to play. The Chargers are hot but on the road vs a pretty good run defense. Hunt is at home and the Chargers defense has been pretty good lately against the run.  

Both teams seem to prefer a pass offense to the run. Gordon does seem to get a more consistent volume of carries. Gordon is probably the safer option. If I thought Hunt would get same volume as last week I would start him for sure lol. 
Listen man I don't mean to sway you but I'm probably gonna play Collins over Hunt. One simple reason--Andy Reid. If I had Gordon, I wouldn't think twice but with Reid you may get 9 carries with Hunt and West getting TDs in the redzone. Hunt has had one good game in like his last 7. I refuse to "Andied" in the playoffs. 

Also, you must have a nice RB 1 if you're deciding between Gordon and Hunt.

Great to see them using him well, again. Great time for them to come around. He should have another 6, but they weren't going to overturn that. Looking forward to some more great weeks down the stretch!

Kind of wish I would have started both Gordon and Hunt. I didn't start Hunt and went with Gordon. Maybe Hunt will be back in the circle of trust for me in the finals next week.  :D

I decided to start Ingram, Gordon and Drake with Hunt on my Bench

Kind of wish I would have started both Gordon and Hunt. I didn't start Hunt and went with Gordon. Maybe Hunt will be back in the circle of trust for me in the finals next week.  :D

You benched a 200+ yard 2 TD RB? Ouch. 

You’d have to hide all sharp things in my house. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:

I'll wait till tomorrow before I start hiding the sharp things lol. Im still sitting pretty so far. My opponent started Stafford, G Tate and Hunter Henry. I started Gordon and J Doyle. Not super worried yet.  :unsure:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Monster ceiling. Monster. I hope you went with Hunt. I wish I’d seen this topic earlier today - I’ve been banging the KHunt drum all season. 
I did.  Had to ride him.  He helped me get here!wish I would have started Dez over Kelce though...whateves.   The dream dropped a monster.  

I was there on the ground floor with you buddy ;)    Although, you kept more faith than I did.  For sure. Your love never waiverd!

I did.  Had to ride him.  He helped me get here!wish I would have started Dez over Kelce though...whateves.   The dream dropped a monster.  

I was there on the ground floor with you buddy ;)    Although, you kept more faith than I did.  For sure. Your love never waiverd!
I dream of KHunt becoming a speedo model, so I can collect all of the calendars. He’s dreamy. :wub:  

Hot Sauce Guy said:

I considered searching my house for a length of rope. Sat him for Collins. Final thing for me was Collins' recent run of succes and the potential "Andy Reid" factor. Also, I enjoyed Hunt demolishing another playoff team of mine in the process.

The only bright spot is this happened on a Saturday and not a Thursday so I only have several hours instead of days to let this rot my insides...

I considered searching my house for a length of rope. Sat him for Collins. Final thing for me was Collins' recent run of succes and the potential "Andy Reid" factor. Also, I enjoyed Hunt demolishing another playoff team of mine in the process.

The only bright spot is this happened on a Saturday and not a Thursday so I only have several hours instead of days to let this rot my insides...
Oof. Collins could still put up a pretty good day? :(  

Probably not “KHunt good”, but maybe you’ll hang on for a W.    :shrug:

good luck. 

lsufan said:

ouch.  FWIW I had almost sat him for Carlos Hyde.  Opted not to, only because I didn't want to cheer for my Titans to give up big plays. Also I was playing against Rivers and Gordon, made for an exciting game. 

ouch.  FWIW I had almost sat him for Carlos Hyde.  Opted not to, only because I didn't want to cheer for my Titans to give up big plays. Also I was playing against Rivers and Gordon, made for an exciting game. 
I faced Rivers in one league & Gordon in the other. Pleased with the results, but wish Gordon hadn’t caught that 50 yard pass. KC gave that up way too easy. 

Glad I didn't read this post before setting my line-up. With the doubting posts about Hunt I am not sure what I would have done as I was already on the fence.  I ultimately benched J. Williams over Hunt and glad I did so! Feed the man the ball and he gets stronger!

What do you think Hunt is actually worth?

If you are looking to trade him. I would guess you think the market is valuing him higher than what he is really worth.
Not so much "looking to trade him" as much as "willing to move on at the right price".  I like Hunt just fine but just do not trust Andy Reid, and there's probably going to be a QB change coming.  It's all about price of course, but at this point I'd be fine cashing in high and playing a different game with house money.  If someone's paying RB5-10 price I'd happily move on, or maybe grab a couple buy-low guys for him.  People love to hate Melvin Gordon despite the obvious commitment to usage they give him, Mike Evans has people frustrated, Mike Thomas gets no love, Jordan Howard could look great with a different coaching staff, and every year people find new "old" WR's to bail on like AJG or AB. 

Already out of the winners bracket but this performance is great for the consolation prize and keeper potential. What a player.

Users who are viewing this thread