What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kendre Miller, NO (1 Viewer)

If Jones can't go I need to choose between Miller, Ford and Pierce. I'm hoping Jones is a go to avoid this choice but I really like Miller for 2024.
I'm in a similar boat, if Montgomery can't go then I'm forced to choose between Miller and Achane. Talking myself into Miller being able to at least score a TD, I mean if Tony Jones can do it twice last week then why not Miller...

full practice today plus no practice for williams. looks like go time.
If Jones can't go I need to choose between Miller, Ford and Pierce. I'm hoping Jones is a go to avoid this choice but I really like Miller for 2024.
I'm in a similar boat, if Montgomery can't go then I'm forced to choose between Miller and Achane. Talking myself into Miller being able to at least score a TD, I mean if Tony Jones can do it twice last week then why not Miller...
for this week anyway, achane isn't in the same neighborhood as these other backs mentioned with mostert upright imo. the others have a starter amount of opportunity in front of them, achane doesn't.

The irony is that in the same league I'm also considering starting Taysom at TE, in part because I think he'll have a role in that running game, especially at the goal line
Miller over Herbert was way easier. Further regarding that comparable, I have Herbert & Miles Sanders in a different league. I'm not excited about starting either of them, & Sanders is working thru an injury. But I'm not waiting until 4pm to find out whether he's a go. Reason being, Herbert is the only other option I have in that time slot. What might you be considering with Herbert?

With respect to Hill, down around the goal he's often a two-way go to the right. As mentioned, against a tough Carolina front jones scored twice. Miller is a banger with light feet & speed. Perhaps GB concedes that advantage & makes their stand, they takes chances before the Saints get down there that close? I mean, who knows?

I don't think Kamara is what he used to be and hasn't been for a long time. Derek Carr is a complete enigma to me. He can look thoroughly brilliant at times and just terrible at others, but he is probably better at checking it down than anyone thet Saints have had at QB since Brees (who I think was the absolute best ever at it and pumped Kamara's numbers as a result). But my call is that Miller takes over this backfield by the end of the year and if they don't stay in contention it will happen earlier. It might happen earlier anyway. Not a Kamara hater - I won $1000s from his 6TD Christmas game as well as drafting him everywhere his rookie year and doing quite well as a result. I just think he's at or near the cliff. That's it that's the take.

Starting him in one dynasty where I own the entire Saints backfield sans Jones ( so have lost Jamaal, and Kamara suspension ) and Monty and actually the exact same in a re-draft regarding those 3 RBs as well. Fingers crossed

Hope they are just slow rolling this guy but I'm not sure I can keep him rostered. Wasn't able to catch the 4th quarter but he wasn't in RZ packages and an afterthought for any targets - what did he get, 1 all game? Jones Jr and Hill ate into his snap count and that's not a positive with Kamara coming back.

Any positives I'm missing?

Hope they are just slow rolling this guy but I'm not sure I can keep him rostered. Wasn't able to catch the 4th quarter but he wasn't in RZ packages and an afterthought for any targets - what did he get, 1 all game? Jones Jr and Hill ate into his snap count and that's not a positive with Kamara coming back.

Any positives I'm missing?
well he's coming off an injury for one and a rookie, but on the other hand Kamara is back next week, both can prob co-exist though and be decent

Today wasn't the day. He's still coming off of injury and is a rookie. Expect Kamara to shoulder a pretty big workload when he comes back.

Looked decent in flashes, but he's not as dynamic as he was in college. I know the guys he's playing against are faster, but I'm talking about him in space.

Kendre Miller rushed nine times for 34 yards in the Saints’ Week 3 loss to the Packers.

Those hoping for an elite PPR scheme from Miller were left sorely disappointed, as he managed just one target to Tony Jones’ four. Miller was solid on his few rush attempts, with his longest carry coming on a 10-yard gain in the second quarter. Fantasy managers hoping to get something out of Miller will have to wait until another date, as Alvin Kamara is set to return from his three-game suspension on Monday.

- Rotoworld
Tony Jones Jr. out snapped him 30 to 21 (49% to 34%). Again, it's his 1st games coming off injury. He wasn't going to dominate snaps off the bat.

for this week anyway, achane isn't in the same neighborhood as these other backs mentioned with mostert upright imo. the others have a starter amount of opportunity in front of them, achane doesn't.
Update? LOL....I'm just playing.

i picked the wrong day to take that stand lol. i invite anyone to come out and dispute that before last weekend!

edit: i don't have any shares of achane and mostert is still the "starter." :football:

i picked the wrong day to take that stand lol. i invite anyone to come out and dispute that before last weekend!

edit: i don't have any shares of achane and mostert is still the "starter." :football:
For real, nobody saw that coming. Least of all YOU. Lol

Kendre had a decent line in this NE blowout game. Should he be getting more attention? I didn't watch but any insight into his usage - is he separating himself from Jones to the point where he can be 1B to Kamara?

Jones isn't on the roster anymore.
Right, but he also has to contend with Jamaal Williams upon his return. I can't imagine team brass will want Kamara to carry this kind of workload for the rest of the season, so there is probably fantasy value for the 1B - just not sure who that will be.

I like Miller as a potential 2024 guy, but outside of injuries to his backfield mates, I don't see a lot of upside this year.

I have him on the bench as a Kamara owner but most likely will never start him unless AK goes down.

Given how many starting RBs are going down left and right, he strikes me as one of the better handcuff options out there in PPR leagues. While Miller would probably have to share with JW in the event of a Kamara injury, it's clear that Carr is checking down a lot, and that wouldn't be JW's area.

This was a nice end of season surprise to see today. Got to a point I was pulling for the Panthers to pull an upset over Tampa so we could see more next week.

Best way I can say what my redraft vs dynasty expectations are is that I spent 5 first round draft picks on him in dynasty and took him in one redraft league, in the teen rounds, on a team that was super thin looking at RB and I figured this is the time to take a shot in case I'm wrong about him in redraft.

Now saying all that I did not expect a Kadarious Toney type season, got to a point it was ridicilous with something new all the time. I had zero intention of cutting him but this past week I started the process of examining some of the roster trimming I'd need to do in my leagues and I keep forgetting he was even on most of them and then later when I realized I forgot him had to come up with another roster spot to create.

So today was really nice to see, I guess unless you wanted to increase the buy low price(or decrease it), just hope he can stay healthy next year and a reminder he'll just be turning 22 the month before camp opens.

This was a nice end of season surprise to see today. Got to a point I was pulling for the Panthers to pull an upset over Tampa so we could see more next week.
In many ways from a fantasy standpoint, it was probably better that the season ended yesterday for the Saints. If they made the playoffs, Kamara probably comes back and Kendre goes back to the bench. If Kamara had a strong playoff game, that might muddy the waters more. Now with Kendre's strong finish while Alvin was out and Jamaal continued to struggle, maybe it gives team brass a bit more confidence in Kendre's role next year.

In terms of next year will indeed be interesting in terms of what they do with Kamara, who has a $17 million cap hit/$18 million dead cap in 2024. Probably a candidate to restructure at best, I think.

If they made the playoffs, Kamara probably comes back
I'm not gong to label it a guarantee Kamara is returning, like I did last off-season, but I'd be surprised if he's not back. Have said this before but there is has not been a ton of turnover in the Saints FO and coaching staff since Kamara arrived and the bonds are tight and I think he played well though for sure something will need to be done with his contract.

I'm not expecting RB1 next year for Kendre but I'm expecting, if healthy, that he's moving on from wasted roster spot to a usable RB in my rotation with long term and immediate injury related upside.

maybe it gives team brass a bit more confidence in Kendre's role next year.
Allen actually used that word yesterday to say what that game did for Kendre and what it did for him as well with regards to his ability.

I have unreasonably high hopes for this player. Possibly because he's the only RB with any promise on my rebuilding roster, but he's got some nice traits for sure. Need the Saints to commit to him really.

Kendre looks like he’s got some promise, but Kamara probably isn’t going anywhere. The team doesn’t look like it will save a ton of cap space getting rid of Kamara versus keeping him, so unless they just want to walk away from Kamara (doubtful), he’ll stick around - perhaps with a contract restructure though.

One of the worst things in FF is drafting guys hoping like hell the current starter moves on. I like to trade for guys when owners get frustrated with their hoping. Not talking about Miller with this last statement, but sometimes we hang on to guys to a fault. A guy I drafted, Abanikanda, do I really want to hold him until his rookie deal expires? He couldn't have landed in a worst spot, even though I like the talent.

A guy I drafted, Abanikanda, do I really want to hold him until his rookie deal expires? He couldn't have landed in a worst spot, even though I like the talent.

You never know when somebody will get hurt. That's really what you're looking at with Abanikanda, because Breece Hall is going nowhere unless he's hurt. Miller and Kamara might be different in that Kamara is aging (he's twenty-nine) and might lose a step this year, but that's even tenuous. But really, what can you get for Abanikanda if you trade him? You're not getting the third (which is what you likely spent on him) back that you picked him with. So he's probably worth a hold when all is said and done, unless you see a guy in this year's fourth with a clear path to playing time or something like that.

Your broader point about drafting guys in FF hoping somebody moves on is one to think about. These guys are getting one contract and done or they're having to pull teeth in the front offices to get a vet contract. You need a guy who makes use of and produces during that first contract. Situation is important to look at when drafting RBs, therefore, if you ask me.

A guy I drafted, Abanikanda, do I really want to hold him until his rookie deal expires? He couldn't have landed in a worst spot, even though I like the talent.

You never know when somebody will get hurt. That's really what you're looking at with Abanikanda, because Breece Hall is going nowhere unless he's hurt. Miller and Kamara might be different in that Kamara is aging (he's twenty-nine) and might lose a step this year, but that's even tenuous. But really, what can you get for Abanikanda if you trade him? You're not getting the third (which is what you likely spent on him) back that you picked him with. So he's probably worth a hold when all is said and done, unless you see a guy in this year's fourth with a clear path to playing time or something like that.

Your broader point about drafting guys in FF hoping somebody moves on is one to think about. These guys are getting one contract and done or they're having to pull teeth in the front offices to get a vet contract. You need a guy who makes use of and produces during that first contract. Situation is important to look at when drafting RBs, therefore, if you ask me.
I'm not even talking about trying to trade Abanikanda. He could be considered a drop in some leagues, depending on roster management.

I'm not even talking about trying to trade Abanikanda. He could be considered a drop in some leagues, depending on roster management.

Ah, I see. Well, I think most leagues would see Abanikanda rostered. That's just my opinion on it. He's rostered in both leagues that I'm in. I don't see any reason why that won't continue. But you're right—he is in a bad situation. If you drafted after the NFL Draft, though, there's really no excuse. Everybody knew what Breece Hall was and it was whether or not he was healthy, not whether he could beat out Abanikanda for playing time. That was drafting dead if you drafted Abanikanda with the hopes he'd get a lot of playing time.

Absolutely on the bolded. Since we're talking about Miller, he has to make a big splash this year if Kamara sticks around (Jamaal seems to be done-zo). Otherwise, by next season when Kamara is likely gone, the team might move on to the next potential toy, especially if there is a new coaching regime.

Ah, I see. Well, I think most leagues would see Abanikanda rostered. That's just my opinion on it. He's rostered in both leagues that I'm in. I don't see any reason why that won't continue. But you're right—he is in a bad situation. If you drafted after the NFL Draft, though, there's really no excuse. Everybody knew what Breece Hall was and it was whether or not he was healthy, not whether he could beat out Abanikanda for playing time. That was drafting dead if you drafted Abanikanda with the hopes he'd get a lot of playing time.
I drafted him 3.08, 3.10, and 3.02 in standard dynasty leagues. You never know, there could be a better dart throw available to replace him on a roster. If not, then treat as an end-of-bench guy like you drafted him in the first place. No one drafted Abanikanda hoping for playing time IMO. He's more important to the Hall owner than anyone else. Others hoping (God forbid) for a Hall injury is probably not a great strategy, but given his talent, I can see why people drafted him in the late 3rd and 4th round of last year's draft.

I drafted him 3.08, 3.10, and 3.02 in standard dynasty leagues.

I know you roster him in at least one because you've talked about it. My main question is if you don't roster Hall, then why did you do that if waiting for an injury to Hall is a bad strategy (it is, by the way)? I guess we can talk until we're blue in the face about taking situation into account but actually doing it is another matter. You wasted three third-round picks on him as it stands. Doesn't seem like a judicious use of those picks right now, and you presumably knew his landing spot.

Not to get on you, but that leaves me curious. Then again, I drafted Miller knowing about Kamara, so maybe it's easy to fall for it and get duped.

I drafted him 3.08, 3.10, and 3.02 in standard dynasty leagues.

I know you roster him in at least one because you've talked about it. My main question is if you don't roster Hall, then why did you do that if waiting for an injury to Hall is a bad strategy (it is, by the way)? I guess we can talk until we're blue in the face about taking situation into account but actually doing it is another matter. You wasted three third-round picks on him as it stands. Doesn't seem like a judicious use of those picks right now, and you presumably knew his landing spot.

Not to get on you, but that leaves me curious. Then again, I drafted Miller knowing about Kamara, so maybe it's easy to fall for it and get duped.
I suppose it was a BPA situation given how high I was on him at this time last year and small risk given where I drafted him. I agree that was probably not a great strategy if I didn't already have Hall. I didn't draft him hoping for an injury btw, but if it happens, I'll take it. I was just super high on him last year and a 3rd round pick is low risk.

Now back to Kendre Miller. I don't want to hijack this thread to be about Abanikanda.

Kamara's contract situation

I often get confused by NFL cap accounting, but my understanding is that if Kamara stays (barring any restructuring), he gets a $1 million signing bonus on March 13 and a $10.2 million salary for all of 2024. The cap hit for him on the roster is $18.9 million, but if they cut Kamara before the bonus is paid, they have a dead cap hit of $17.2 million.

So not much cap hit difference whether they retain him or cut him, so it comes down to whether they want to pay real dollars of $11.2 million for Kamara this year. I don't see why they wouldn't do it given his importance to the team (and getting fans in the seats) unless they need to divert the cash elsewhere.

Kamara's contract situation

I often get confused by NFL cap accounting, but my understanding is that if Kamara stays (barring any restructuring), he gets a $1 million signing bonus on March 13 and a $10.2 million salary for all of 2024. The cap hit for him on the roster is $18.9 million, but if they cut Kamara before the bonus is paid, they have a dead cap hit of $17.2 million.

So not much cap hit difference whether they retain him or cut him, so it comes down to whether they want to pay real dollars of $11.2 million for Kamara this year. I don't see why they wouldn't do it given his importance to the team (and getting fans in the seats) unless they need to divert the cash elsewhere.
Said this in the Kamara thread I won't go all over again but I don't think he's going anywhere and frankly find it surprising they don't at least ask him to take a pay cut. But like last year when mutliple people were reporting that's what the Vikings and Bengals would be doing with Dalvin and Mixon, no one credible was saying that the Saints were ever going to ask that of Kamara last year or this year.

What I'm hoping for Kendre, and it's a a longshot, is they pay someone to take Jamaal's $3M guarantee off their hands. Kendre could relegate him to an afterthought anyway, what a stupid contract for this team in particular that was, but would be nice if a RB making that much guarantees was out of the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread