What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Kendre Miller, NO (1 Viewer)

Darrell Williams is JAG, imo.

Agreed, but the Saints might go with JAG vs. rook.

I just am skeptical he's going to be the anointed one the first three games. I think that people who think that are mistaken.
They moved on from Peterson quickly to go to Kamara but that was a different coaching staff obviously.
Long-term too, with Kamara's recent lack of production and legal issues... I wouldn't be surprised if Saints front office are ready to send Kamara to the glue factory as well, lol.

There we go, managed to make the glue factory joke twice in a 5 minute span. But seriously, Kamara averaged 4.0 YPC last year and 3.7 YPC the year before that. Dude is a sinking ship, he used to be good for 4.6 to 6.1 YPC when he was a young man.

They brought in J Williams and used draft capital in the 3rd Round. Writing is on the wall I feel with Kamara. Dude could be phased out by mid-season, this is not the regime who drafted him. Miller and Williams are "their" guys. Kamara is an inherited "problem" if you will. I think everyone in that Saints coaching staff hopes that K Miller is a guy and that they can wash their hands of Kamara.

Of those three, I think he'll have a nice pass catching role. Could be wrong, I don't have him penciled in to start on any team but I think that's his chance to audition for Kamara's job. He won't get much opportunity after that, so if he wants to make a splash it has to be immediately.
This sounds about right, so I went looking to see when Kamara goes bye bye. Let's check the salary cap!!

Annoying as a Kendre owner

That looks like two more years of Kamara, then they cut him in 2025, with ONLY 10 mill in dead cap money, which is not bad, considering this is the Saints we are talking about.

They could cut him next year, and save 1 million, but that would mean Kamara is cooked.

That's so gross. Looks like Ezekiel Elliot 2.0 contract wise, kind of holding the team hostage lol.

I just am skeptical he's going to be the anointed one the first three games. I think that people who think that are mistaken.
They moved on from Peterson quickly to go to Kamara but that was a different coaching staff obviously.
Long-term too, with Kamara's recent lack of production and legal issues... I wouldn't be surprised if Saints front office are ready to send Kamara to the glue factory as well, lol.

There we go, managed to make the glue factory joke twice in a 5 minute span. But seriously, Kamara averaged 4.0 YPC last year and 3.7 YPC the year before that. Dude is a sinking ship, he used to be good for 4.6 to 6.1 YPC when he was a young man.

They brought in J Williams and used draft capital in the 3rd Round. Writing is on the wall I feel with Kamara. Dude could be phased out by mid-season, this is not the regime who drafted him. Miller and Williams are "their" guys. Kamara is an inherited "problem" if you will. I think everyone in that Saints coaching staff hopes that K Miller is a guy and that they can wash their hands of Kamara.
I agree and as a Lions fan, I can tell you Jamaal Williams was not very good last year. He scored a ton of TDs and the Lions offense put him in position to succeed a lot but he was rarely getting more than what was blocked for him. He runs hard but can't accelerate from defenders and doesn't break as many tackles as you would expect. I mean there is a reason the Lions didn't bring him back despite how much they loved him as a person and leader.

Last edited:
Of those three, I think he'll have a nice pass catching role. Could be wrong, I don't have him penciled in to start on any team but I think that's his chance to audition for Kamara's job. He won't get much opportunity after that, so if he wants to make a splash it has to be immediately.
This sounds about right, so I went looking to see when Kamara goes bye bye. Let's check the salary cap!!

That looks like two more years of Kamara, then they cut him in 2025, with ONLY 10 mill in dead cap money, which is not bad, considering this is the Saints we are talking about.

They could cut him next year, and save 1 million, but that would mean Kamara is cooked.

That's so gross. Looks like Ezekiel Elliot 2.0 contract wise, kind of holding the team hostage lol.
Right but they don't have to feature him. They can shift him to a complementary role and hopefully get more efficiency from him by keeping him fresher.

Doug B of board fame informs me that NO has their second-string line in. That explains a lot. Let's see how the third quarter goes. Will he be out there?

I agree and as a Lions fan, I can tell you Jamaal Williams was not very good last year. He scored a ton of TDs and the Lions offense put him in position to succeed a lot but he was rarely getting more than what was blocked for him. He runs hard but can't accelerate from defenders and doesn't break as many tackles as you would expect. I mean there is a reason the Lions didn't bring him back despite how much they loved him as a person and leader.
Yeah as much as I love Jamaal as a dude, he is the definition of a JAG RB. The TDs last year were an apparition. Amon Ra got tackled at basically the goal line multiple times last year where J Will just had to punch it in.

I do NOT think Kamara is cooked, not even close.

I spent a chunk of this off-season trying to tell anyone who would listen that the Saints commitment to him was very strong. Mainly he and CMC are only RB's from the 2017 draft class who are still playing on their full lucrative second contract without being cut or asked to take a pay cut. On top of that the Saints converted most of his salary to bonus which protected his money in the event of a long suspension. That ended up saving Kamara around $1.2M, and reallly it could have been a lot worse and saved AK and cost the Saints more. Saints did that for cap purposes but they could have cut him if they wanted to, would have had a cap hit but it was workable.

Saying all that if they don't like what Kamara gives them this year or think he's worth the money they can designate him a post June 1 cap cut and save $11M on the cap. So possible. My early guess is that they will try and do is see if they can get him to agree to a pay cut next year. Right now my lean is if he does not accept it he'll get cut.

What I've never been able to understand is why they signed Jamaal to a contract that guaranteed his salary in 2024. Their is no shortage of RB's, some still available IMO, they could have brought in for this year that are comparable to Jamaal and would not have obligated them to paying him in 2024. He's just not good enough in this RB market for that contract. This is why I wondered if he might be traded to get out of the guarantees but I don't think anyone will want him, they'd have to pay to give him away is my guess, especially if it's something they are trying to do next off-season. I wondered if a team had some injuries at RB this year might they be able to move him but Saints beat writer I asked threw cold water on that, but I still won't be surprised.

They've had very little coaching turnover.

Dennis Allen was the DC in 2017, the current OC and RB coach had those same positions in 2017 and the current QB coach was the WR coach. Also same GM.

Again this was why I thought and posted earlier they might do something similar like 2017 and trade Jamaal like they did AP.

Saints entire salary cap is like a slasher movie written by a bookkeeper.
It's amazing really, they don't have a single player with a base salary in 2023 of $4m, and their punter at $3m has their third highest base.

The entire roster is almost all paid at or near the league vet minimum on base pay and the rest paid in bonus and kicked out.

It's ok, I only drafted him in every redraft league lol. Might be time to drop given he was basically a near last round pick anyway. Who are the hot names likely to be on WW still?

It's ok, I only drafted him in every redraft league lol. Might be time to drop given he was basically a near last round pick anyway. Who are the hot names likely to be on WW still?

CEH? Zamir White? J. Ford? C. Evans? None of those really move the needle for me, maybe CEH.

I might drop him for Isiah Hodgins or Shaheed if he is not playing this week. He needs to show these first 3 games.

CEH? Zamir White? J. Ford? C. Evans? None of those really move the needle for me, maybe CEH.

I might drop him for Isiah Hodgins or Shaheed if he is not playing this week. He needs to show these first 3 games.
I agree that if Miller is not healthy and producing in the first 3 games then would need a Kamara injury or trade most likely to have any re-draft value. Could still be a great keeper.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter believes Kendre Miller (hamstring) will sit against the Panthers on Monday night.

Listed as questionable entering the game, Miller is struggling to return from a lingering hamstring injury he picked up in August. Jamaal Williams would function as the Saints’ lead back if Miller can’t play. Williams will go against a Carolina front seven that was gashed by the Falcons in Week 1.

Are Kamara owners stashing him? I'm in a short bench league and have Kamara. A lot of muddied backfields. J. Williams is out 3-6 weeks, Miller is now healthy, Tony Carter is likely RB1A this week, then RB3 next week. Will Kamara be eased back in

Are Kamara owners stashing him? I'm in a short bench league and have Kamara. A lot of muddied backfields. J. Williams is out 3-6 weeks, Miller is now healthy, Tony Carter is likely RB1A this week, then RB3 next week. Will Kamara be eased back in
i have them both, but if i only had Kamara right now with Miller on the wire I probably wouldn't pick him up. kamara looked pretty good in the preseason and the fact that he had a full preseason means he'll be ready next week. Miller's hammy injury pretty much screwed his chances to be viable this year short of something else happening to Kamara's pt.

NFL insider Jordan Schultz reports Kendre Miller (hamstring) is expected to be a “full go” at practice this week and will play in Week 3 against the Packers.
Barring a setback to his hamstring in practice, Miller should make his pro debut against Green Bay. It comes just in times, as the Saints lost Jamaal Williams to a seemingly serious hamstring injury in Week 2 and Alvin Kamara (suspension) remains sidelined. Look for Miller to split the Week 3 backfield workload with Tony Jones. Against the Panthers on Monday night, Jones had 34 yards and two touchdowns on 12 carries.

I've been going back and forth over it. Idk if I want the Saints backfield if Kamara goes down.
Yeah I agree there. It’s either rostering 2/3 Saints backfield or Eagles (Swift/Gainwell).

I've been going back and forth over it. Idk if I want the Saints backfield if Kamara goes down.
Absolutely upside there even if Kamara doesn't stay healthy. Miller can easily take over the Williams role as Kamara has been inefficient through the middle. I'm stashing as a non Kamara owner all day.

If he does get the start this week, we'll certainly know if he has value should Kamara go down. GB run defense is not good.

I'm potentially down both of my starting RBs this week (Saquon/AJones); the only two left on my roster are Javonte and Herbert. Would you guys start Kendre over Khalil? Not sure I can pull the trigger on that one

they only had a walkthrough today and he was listed as full participant. no actual practice for another day. all talk points to him going this week, but tough to be all in on him until an actual practice imo. Tony Jones Jr. officially signed to Saints active roster today from the PS, so these two would be the only RB's on the active roster, plus the king of vultures Hill.

if he's a full go tomorrow I'll have him in my flex with confidence over Hopkins & Waller.

they only had a walkthrough today and he was listed as full participant. no actual practice for another day. all talk points to him going this week, but tough to be all in on him until an actual practice imo. Tony Jones Jr. officially signed to Saints active roster today from the PS, so these two would be the only RB's on the active roster, plus the king of vultures Hill.

if he's a full go tomorrow I'll have him in my flex with confidence over Hopkins & Waller.
I thought Tony Jones played last week and scored 2 TDs?

Tony jones has quite a bit of history here with the saints. I’m tempted to flex Miller but I think I’ll pass. I’m not sure one or two practices are enough for the rookie to get meaningful touches.

I thought Tony Jones played last week and scored 2 TDs?
yes and I assume it's a technicality, he was called up from PS for the game which means he goes back to the PS after the game in terms of counting against the 53 man active roster, as opposed to actually being "signed" to the active roster permanently. as discussed in the Eagles thread about the Eagles punter, apparently teams can do this with a player up to 3 times in a given season.

Kendre Miller (hamstring) was a full participant in Thursday’s practice.

Barring any setbacks, Miller appears ready for his NFL debut, which will come in Week 3 against the Packers. The dual-threat running back has dealt with knee and hamstring injuries over the last month, and was sidelined for the first two games as a result of those injuries. Now healthy, it’s possible Miller serves as the Saints’ RB1 with Jamaal Williams (hamstring) expected to be sidelined for the next several weeks. Veteran Tony Jones could split snaps with Miller, but Miller is the far more explosive option. Fantasy managers who have been waiting to start Miller should do so with caution in his first week. We wouldn’t recommend playing him outside of deeper leagues.

Not while Kamara is there. AK41 takes over the backfield next week. Will get 65% of snaps. Miller not fantasy relevant this year.

I'm potentially down both of my starting RBs this week (Saquon/AJones); the only two left on my roster are Javonte and Herbert. Would you guys start Kendre over Khalil? Not sure I can pull the trigger on that one
Kong is a full go! In one league I failed in a push for Jerome Ford. I initially added Tony Jones, more of a plug 'n punt if I need him. But, the more I thought about the return of Miller, the less I liked him & swapped him out for Chuba Hubbard. My understanding is that it's him & Jones. That Saints DEF has played well & I think they have a decent chance to hang with the Packers. But if one of the two gets scripted out, my bet is that it would be Jones. GB has given up production to RBs, Carr affords them balance & they're stacked at WR. I'm often wrong, but as of right now, I think Miller is a good play this week.

I think Miller is a good play this week.
Seems risky to me.
Life is full of risks.... Sometimes they pay off ... other time you have to pay ... I like Miller & I am starting him with confidence this week.

If Jones can't go I need to choose between Miller, Ford and Pierce. I'm hoping Jones is a go to avoid this choice but I really like Miller for 2024.

Kong is a full go! In one league I failed in a push for Jerome Ford. I initially added Tony Jones, more of a plug 'n punt if I need him. But, the more I thought about the return of Miller, the less I liked him & swapped him out for Chuba Hubbard. My understanding is that it's him & Jones. That Saints DEF has played well & I think they have a decent chance to hang with the Packers. But if one of the two gets scripted out, my bet is that it would be Jones. GB has given up production to RBs, Carr affords them balance & they're stacked at WR. I'm often wrong, but as of right now, I think Miller is a good play this week.
The irony is that in the same league I'm also considering starting Taysom at TE, in part because I think he'll have a role in that running game, especially at the goal line

I think Miller is a good play this week.
Seems risky to me.
Life is full of risks.... Sometimes they pay off ... other time you have to pay ... I like Miller & I am starting him with confidence this week.
You go guy :)

If Jones can't go I need to choose between Miller, Ford and Pierce. I'm hoping Jones is a go to avoid this choice but I really like Miller for 2024.
I'm with you. I drafted him in our dynasty league for next year. Jamaal is a jag and has proved that thus far. Kamara is good but getting up there in carries and years.

Users who are viewing this thread