What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

Yeah, this will be the game to start running the ball.  On a short week against the Bucs.  :galaxy brain:
Agreed, like I said above, I don't see it happening but stranger things have happened.  BTW, just because they run it more doesn't mean they'll be successful.  TB run defense is pretty good and I expect the Birds to be playing from behind pretty quickly.  There's just not a lot of data points that are leaning towards good numbers on the ground.

Watch Sanders and the Eagles on that drive to bring Philly closer to the Bucs at 22-26 in the late 4th quarter. Against the NFL's toughest run D, the line blocked well and Sanders looked good. Do I believe that the coaching staff will review this film and give Sanders more opportunities? No.

Watch Sanders and the Eagles on that drive to bring Philly closer to the Bucs at 22-26 in the late 4th quarter. Against the NFL's toughest run D, the line blocked well and Sanders looked good. Do I believe that the coaching staff will review this film and give Sanders more opportunities? No.
And that is why I traded him. No lessons will be learned from this. If anything expect Sanders first carry next week to be in the 3rd quarter.

"So you're saying we should pass him the ball five yards behind the line of scrimmage?" - Eagles coaching staff

Miles Sanders rushed nine times for 56 yards in the Eagles' Week 6 loss to the Bucs, adding two receptions for 10 additional yards. 

Sanders entered halftime with one carry for one yard. Not ideal. When he finally started seeing some second half work, it drew raucous mock cheers from the Philly faithful. It also helped open up a moribund offense, even against the Bucs' imposing defensive front. Sanders posted critical gains of five, 11, six, 23 and 14 yards as the Eagles flirted with an improbable comeback. He also out-touched Kenneth Gainwell 11-1. Naturally, it was Jalen Hurts who got the goal line carries, scoring a pair of rushing touchdowns. Despite Sanders' second half effectiveness, it is unlikely that a sea change is afoot in the Eagles' offensive philosophy. They simply don't think they can run. Sanders will remain a volatile FLEX for Week 7 vs. Vegas. 

Oct 15, 2021, 12:07 AM ET

The crowd giving a standing ovation in the second half when Sanders rushed for a 3 yard first down is all you need to know.

Criminally underutilized.  I was playing against him, and it was laughable how arrogantly naive this coaching staff is week after week.

gpthatsme said:
Isn't he still under contract next year and UFA in 2023? You think he gets moved in the off-season?
Traded? Absolutely. Final year of his deal and he will be fuming to get out of there so he can play. Eagles will probably want to continue to tank so why not? Use gainwell and draft a low cost back 

Traded? Absolutely. Final year of his deal and he will be fuming to get out of there so he can play. Eagles will probably want to continue to tank so why not? Use gainwell and draft a low cost back 

Dreaming.
Unfortunately true. Sanders is on a cheap rookie deal, so even if they want Gainwell to have a more prominent role next year, Sanders would be at worst be cheap backup insurance.

There have been a few Eagle's beat writers in last week or so that speculated he could be made available. Now I don't think they are basing that one iota on things they are hearing inside the building so much as something that makes sense since none of them think he gets a second contract with the Eagles. 

Odds remain he won't get dealt this season but it's not just a pipe dream his frustrated fantasy owners are creating either.

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR or non? Because if it's PPR, Gainwell gets all the garbage time 2 min drill work even when Sanders is healthy. 
1/2 PPR.   14 team league and my RBs are weak, so there's definitely appeal in Gainwell regardless of extent of the Sanders injury.    If I needed a RB this week and it was a must-win game, a big chunk of FAAB for the Detroit game would be justified, but I have viable options this week.    

If 2-3 weeks can be trusted,  I will still throw in a price enforcement bid that will likely get beat.    Otherwise, I think I might wait for that season-ending injury or 2-3 week injury later in the season when an "all-in" might get me a playoff starter.

Now on IR, so the next 3 weeks are clarified
10 team league.  Short bunches.   I’m cutting him and it’s an easy decision.   The difficulty is in who to add.  Gainwell and stay with the nightmare Philly O or go with someone like David Johnson.  Need to find the trusty coin to flip.  

Well, not so fast...

Miles Sanders - Not on IR just yet

an hour ago via Rotowire

Coach Nick Sirianni said Friday that Sanders (ankle) hadn't been placed on injured reserve just yet, Mike Kaye of The Newark Star-Ledger reports.

Analysis:The move may still end up happening, but Sirianni did correct earlier reports that suggested it was a foregone conclusion. Either way, Sanders will miss Sunday's game in Detroit and likely a Week 9 matchup with the Chargers. Kenneth Gainwell, Boston Scott and Jordan Howard will man the Philadelphia backfield while Sanders recovers.

Well, not so fast...
The week before his injury the talk was Sanders being underutilized and many predicted 100+ yards in his next game. Was off to a good start, then bam...done for the day and 2-3 weeks. Call me crazy but he is a perfect buy bottom low as all the distraction has shifted to Gainwell, then off Gainwell because it's Boston Scott and Jordan Howard show. Well, I still think Sanders is the best of the bunch. I also think Hurts and the offense will yield more rushing TD's to RB's. Who knows how long Hurts will last in the starting role as well. 

Sanders a sneaky buy low. Oh, a manager dropped him to pick up David Johnson. And we just lost Henry. 

The week before his injury the talk was Sanders being underutilized and many predicted 100+ yards in his next game. Was off to a good start, then bam...done for the day and 2-3 weeks. Call me crazy but he is a perfect buy bottom low as all the distraction has shifted to Gainwell, then off Gainwell because it's Boston Scott and Jordan Howard show. Well, I still think Sanders is the best of the bunch. I also think Hurts and the offense will yield more rushing TD's to RB's. Who knows how long Hurts will last in the starting role as well. 

Sanders a sneaky buy low. Oh, a manager dropped him to pick up David Johnson. And we just lost Henry. 
I would agree but the Eagles have been beyond frustrating running the ball.   No rhyme or reason or predictability.

What do you think of Sanders the ROS? He was dropped in a couple of my leagues and I was considering adding him (after bye weeks) but I'm not sure what to expect from him.

To me he is the most talented RB in Phily and if they commit to the run I would think he could be a legit #2 once he returns, but for whatever reason he just hasn't put it together this season. Will he continue to struggle or is he worth the addition?

What do you think of Sanders the ROS? He was dropped in a couple of my leagues and I was considering adding him (after bye weeks) but I'm not sure what to expect from him.

To me he is the most talented RB in Phily and if they commit to the run I would think he could be a legit #2 once he returns, but for whatever reason he just hasn't put it together this season. Will he continue to struggle or is he worth the addition?
Seems like he's been productive when he gets the ball - the big issue is that he's been barely involved. Easy to blame on inept coaching, but then again we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. As a keeper league owner, just hope they move him in the offseason.

I'm of the belief he will be potentially a pleasant surprise. Nobody else on the waiver wire can offer upside RB #2 numbers from weeks 11/12 - 18. He can average 12-14 points. I was going for him but instead got Peterson for $5. Had $1 on Sanders after AP. Really thought I would end up with Sanders. He's still available and depending upon D Knox status I could still pick up Sanders for free by dropping H Henry. Also have Gronk. 

I'm of the belief he will be potentially a pleasant surprise. Nobody else on the waiver wire can offer upside RB #2 numbers from weeks 11/12 - 18. He can average 12-14 points. I was going for him but instead got Peterson for $5. Had $1 on Sanders after AP. Really thought I would end up with Sanders. He's still available and depending upon D Knox status I could still pick up Sanders for free by dropping H Henry. Also have Gronk. 

I'm eyeballing him in one league where I'm 7-1. His value is as low as it can be after the likes of J. Howard rushed for 2 TDs.

PHI schedule weeks 15-17 for fantasy playoffs: Wash, NYG, @Wash.

Gotta think Wash is done by then and in total give up mode.

Does anyone know how badly he is hurt? Dr. Jesse Morse suggested he may be more badly hurt than originally thought and may not return until after the Eagles bye week. Admittedly he did not say this as a fact, but did bring up the possibility he could be out longer than initially thought.

Does anyone know how badly he is hurt?

Not with any degree of certainty of course but I'd be surprised if he's out till week 15 and if I had to guess I'd say he returns first game he's eligible to come of IR in week 11. Dr. Chao, who admittedly does tend to be a bit overly optimistic with regards to availability, put his odds of returning the game he got hurt as 50/50 and has said then and continues to say he has inversion ankle sprain which apparently is not as severe as a high ankle sprain.

Must be in bad shape to need Miles Sanders.
IDK about that. He's the most talented runner in Phily. It's not like he wasn't producing when he was given the ball. If He gets the volume I think he could be a very solid #2 down the stretch

IDK about that. He's the most talented runner in Phily. It's not like he wasn't producing when he was given the ball. If He gets the volume I think he could be a very solid #2 down the stretch

We know he is not going to the volume, can't stop anyone from dreaming though. 

We know he is not going to the volume, can't stop anyone from dreaming though. 

The Eagles seem to have changed their entire offensive philosophy over the last couple of weeks. They had 29 carries by rb's (and additional 10 carries from Hurts) yesterday and only 17 pass attempts. If he gets the attempts he will put up numbers...It's not like he wasn't efficient when he touched the ball. The Eagles simply didn't run up until two weeks ago.

Saboo said:
The Eagles seem to have changed their entire offensive philosophy over the last couple of weeks. 
Yes. And they've been using Howard and Scott, neither of whom played in the first 5 games, instead of Gainwell. So I don't think we can make any assumptions about how much they will use Sanders. 

Yes. And they've been using Howard and Scott, neither of whom played in the first 5 games, instead of Gainwell. So I don't think we can make any assumptions about how much they will use Sanders. 

Howard is a bordeline NFL player and Scott is limited. Granted, one never knows what this coaching staff is going to do, but if Sanders gets the volume he is easily the most talented of this group + could potentially be a difference maker.

It’s funny…Jordan is running great while averaging 4.4 ypc but Sanders was subpar running at 4.8 ypc for the year.  The difference is Jordan is getting 60% more carries per game and they are handing the ball to him vs having Hurts run it near the goal line.  Sanders has been good when they’ve fed him, they just haven’t fed him.  That’s on the coaches not Sanders…..situation has been mismanaged all year.

Users who are viewing this thread