What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB - NYG - Brandon Jacobs (1 Viewer)

Kudos to Jacobs for last night's performance. Living around NYC, I was never a fan of his, but he showed a lot of guts last night.

I agree with others that last night will likely be as good as it gets for him this year. So if you started him, kudos.

Sounds like he's hurting, as is Scott to add to the Wilson woes. If he's out there, I'd really be looking closely at Brown for the stretch run.
Cox time in the interim? I love me some Cox.

:scared:
With the cupboard bare, Cox may have to rise to the occasion. :unsure:
:hifive:

Khy said:
Eminence said:
Don't understand why this guy was a Free Agent. Or are the Bears really just that bad at Defense this year? They gave up a ton of yards to Reggie Bush, too. They're giving up 97 Yards a game.

He looked unstoppable at the Goalline.
You have to understand, the Bears were down to I believe their 4th Defensive Tackle on that line? That aside... the holes that Jacobs was getting during the game were far and away the best holes this Offensive Line has generated all season. Not even particularly close. This was the 2nd week in a row that this offensive line finally got to play as a cohesive unit and it showed. Diehl and Pugh on the right side were destroying the Bears at the LoS. The pushes they were getting were out of this world. Every time they tried to run Jacobs up the middle or to the left he'd just bounce to the right and have a hole the size of a castle drawbridge to run through. On of few of those holes, if Scott had been in he'd have been long gone. Same with Wilson. Makes me a little optimistic if the line keeps playing like this and Wilson (by some miracle) isn't done for the season. Could be a good play later in the season when he comes back. By that token, same goes for Brown if Wilson is indeed done for the year.
:lmao:

Khy said:
Eminence said:
Don't understand why this guy was a Free Agent. Or are the Bears really just that bad at Defense this year? They gave up a ton of yards to Reggie Bush, too. They're giving up 97 Yards a game.

You have to understand, the Bears were down to I believe their 4th Defensive Tackle on that line? That aside... the holes that Jacobs was getting during the game were far and away the best holes this Offensive Line has generated all season. Not even particularly close. This was the 2nd week in a row that this offensive line finally got to play as a cohesive unit and it showed. Diehl and Pugh on the right side were destroying the Bears at the LoS. The pushes they were getting were out of this world. Every time they tried to run Jacobs up the middle or to the left he'd just bounce to the right and have a hole the size of a castle drawbridge to run through. On of few of those holes, if Scott had been in he'd have been long gone. Same with Wilson. Makes me a little optimistic if the line keeps playing like this and Wilson (by some miracle) isn't done for the season. Could be a good play later in the season when he comes back. By that token, same goes for Brown if Wilson is indeed done for the year.
I've had broken bones that were less painful and annoying than your posts.

Khy said:
Eminence said:

Thanks for your contribution.

werdnoynek said:
Coeur de Lion said:
He looked good last night, but let's be honest, that was almost certainly the best game he'll have all year, probably for the rest of his career. I'd actually say it's probably at least even money that NO individual Giants' RB goes over 100 yards rushing again this season.
Agreed. He knew this was his opportunity to shine. Seeing him get a few carries in SF last year, I honestly thought he was done. I still feel that way FWIW. The Bears were asking him to beat them and he made a valiant effort. I'll be shocked if he can do anything close to this again this year.
Based on his 5 carries all of last year?

Looks like Scott will miss a few weeks. Any word on Jacobs injury? Minor quad/hamstring strain?
Haven't heard anything on Jacobs, so may be nothing. Of course, they don't start practicing again until Wednesday, so I doubt we'll hear anything until then anyway.

Jacobs practiced Thursday and Friday on a limited basis but didn't today. Can any homers out there tell me if he had a setback with his hammy?

I'm planning to start him on Monday as I'm thin at RB. Appreciate any feedback.

the spanker said:
Jacobs practiced Thursday and Friday on a limited basis but didn't today. Can any homers out there tell me if he had a setback with his hammy?

Brandon Jacobs - RB - Giants
Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) did not practice Saturday and is questionable for Week 7 against the Vikings.
The New York Post's Paul Schwartz suggested on Twitter Saturday that Jacobs is dealing with a "setback," while the NY Daily News' Ralph Vacchiano tweeted Jacobs' status is "obviously a huge issue for the Giants" and said he doesn't know whether the 31-year-old will play on Monday Night Football. Due to the game's late start time, this has become a situation for fantasy football owners to avoid wherever possible. Jacobs' hamstring pull is obviously no small injury. If he can't play against the Vikings, street free agent Peyton Hillis and rookie Michael Cox will be the Giants' only viable tailbacks in Week 7. Cox is worth grabbing immediately in 14- and 16-team fantasy leagues.

the spanker said:

Brandon Jacobs - RB - Giants
Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) did not practice Saturday and is questionable for Week 7 against the Vikings.
The New York Post's Paul Schwartz suggested on Twitter Saturday that Jacobs is dealing with a "setback," while the NY Daily News' Ralph Vacchiano tweeted Jacobs' status is "obviously a huge issue for the Giants" and said he doesn't know whether the 31-year-old will play on Monday Night Football. Due to the game's late start time, this has become a situation for fantasy football owners to avoid wherever possible. Jacobs' hamstring pull is obviously no small injury. If he can't play against the Vikings, street free agent Peyton Hillis and rookie Michael Cox will be the Giants' only viable tailbacks in Week 7. Cox is worth grabbing immediately in 14- and 16-team fantasy leagues.
Cox is definitely worth adding if this is true.

Makes it easier to sit him, which is what I (and I think every other owner) wanted to do.

Are you guys sliding Cox into your empty slot?

the spanker said:

I'd answer but I'm not a homer.

12x30 dynasty and I was trying to get a 3rd from RB needy teams, I have 4 other good ones. May just end up cutting him now, with bye coming up and Andre browns return on horizon not much value to be had

all kidding aside, unless you are desperate this week at RB you can't start Cox. The game is on Monday, and by that time all other games will be done. If you start him and Jacobs plays you are screwed. It's best to avoid starting any NYG RB.

Now that I said that, I think we are going to love having Giants Cox.

all kidding aside, unless you are desperate this week at RB you can't start Cox. The game is on Monday, and by that time all other games will be done. If you start him and Jacobs plays you are screwed. It's best to avoid starting any NYG RB.

Now that I said that, I think we are going to love having Giants Cox.
No you didn't say that. :yucky:

My wife plays fantasy football too. She loves Cox and jumped on him a long time ago. She says he has prototypical size. I don't know cause I haven't been following him that closely. :shrug:

My wife plays fantasy football too. She loves Cox and jumped on him a long time ago. She says he has prototypical size. I don't know cause I haven't been following him that closely. :shrug:
Seems like she's really got her head wrapped around the situation. Best to trust her.

I want to personally thank your wife for jumping on Mike Cox.

All women love Mike Cox.

He will play thi week, but I see a RBBC approach. He will get some carries, but not carry the load IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
So, quite a few folks have been direct messaging me about this, so I figured I should reply here so all can see. I think 'he hate me' nailed it he will play, but i can see a timeshare where he doesnt get too many touches.

Unfortunately guys I do not, at this point, have good feel for who the RB other than Jacobs will be. My gut tells me Hillis, but Im confident we wil see our first of Michael Cox this year as well.

PLease stay tuned as I will post updates as I receive them.

well, you might be unsure, but one thing I know I can count on is mike cox hitting the holes hard monday night.

also, there'll be a giants game.

Andre Brown can come in healthy week 10 and do well I think, still just around 33% owned in cbs.

He could help revive the Giants.

Even if Jacobs plays I'm guessing Cox does ok to well vs Vikes as the Giants win and he's the next bunch of points people go chasing this week.

According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) is doubtful to play in Monday night's game against the Vikings.

According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) is doubtful to play in Monday night's game against the Vikings.
Interesting - not that I would have started him, but kind of regret not preemptively adding Cox off the waiver wire in case Jacobs hammy lingers for a bit.

Seems like it could be a two-week audtion for Cox before the bye.

So weird. Mike Clay and others are saying Cox is only going to spell Hillis and only should get a few touches. Clay even suggests that Gerhart is a better option tonight.

That sounds odd, I was at least expecting a 50/50 split with Hillis. I can't believe Gerhart and his 3-5 touches has better upside than Cox.

So weird. Mike Clay and others are saying Cox is only going to spell Hillis and only should get a few touches. Clay even suggests that Gerhart is a better option tonight.

That sounds odd, I was at least expecting a 50/50 split with Hillis. I can't believe Gerhart and his 3-5 touches has better upside than Cox.
Nobody knows except for Coughlin - we'll have to see.

It wouldn't shock me to see Hillis get the lion's share of carries though. Coughlin is more concerned with protecting Eli while grinding out yards with a proven - even if over the hill - RB than a shiny new toy. And let's face it - look what Jacobs did behind more effective blocking. No reason why Hillis can't do the same if the blocking is there.

Rotoworld:

Brandon Jacobs had pointed but fair criticism of fantasy football leaguers after receiving death threats from people on Twitter regarding his Week 7 availability.
At least one "fan" threatened Jacobs' life if he didn't play against the Vikings. "I think sometimes fantasy football is good, but sometimes I think it has disconnected a lot of players from fans," said Jacobs. "That’s all people ever talk about. You sit down to eat at a restaurant and people say, I have you on my fantasy team, you have to do something for me this week. I’m trying to enjoy my dinner, you know?" Conceded Jacobs, "People that understand us and know what we go through every day, I know that fantasy is just fun for them. It’s cool to have people like that being involved that know what it is and don’t take it too serious."

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Brandon Jacobs had pointed but fair criticism of fantasy football leaguers after receiving death threats from people on Twitter regarding his Week 7 availability.
At least one "fan" threatened Jacobs' life if he didn't play against the Vikings. "I think sometimes fantasy football is good, but sometimes I think it has disconnected a lot of players from fans," said Jacobs. "That’s all people ever talk about. You sit down to eat at a restaurant and people say, I have you on my fantasy team, you have to do something for me this week. I’m trying to enjoy my dinner, you know?" Conceded Jacobs, "People that understand us and know what we go through every day, I know that fantasy is just fun for them. It’s cool to have people like that being involved that know what it is and don’t take it too serious."

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter
lol @ him saying people interrupting him at a restaurant. people didnt have him on their roster until a few weeks ago...

Users who are viewing this thread