What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ty'son Williams, BAL (1 Viewer)

I think it’s coachspeak & all the RBs will vulture carries from each other.

Was Freeman activated to the starting roster? 

Brutal you faced Gano - he’s a FA in my league. Just a monster day. That’s some bad luck. 

I hope ya pick the right guy. Who are your other options? 
Boyd and Meyers

Well he was back in there on the first play of the drive and got the carry there after the big play to Hollywood.

13 attempts to Latavious 9. He started and looked damn good. As others have said it’s a dobbins / Gus split with ty’son in the dobbins role. Gonna be hard to not start in my flex moving forward. They play lions next week. May even bench CEH for him. 

Still calling it a cluster, but am gonna start flexing Williams each week. Despite the early goal line fumble, I think he earned back some trust tonight. Didn't see any other miscues, and he is definitely the most explosive back on the roster. Some questions were answered for me tonight. He was inches from two TD's tonight to go with his 93 yards, as well.

13 attempts to Latavious 9. He started and looked damn good. As others have said it’s a dobbins / Gus split with ty’son in the dobbins role. Gonna be hard to not start in my flex moving forward. They play lions next week. May even bench CEH for him. 

The Chiefs may bench CEH after that fumble. 

Yes, Williams looked the part tonight. He's a good complement to Lamar and Murray. 

You have to admit he has looked pretty good though. 
And he wasn’t benched, which I had heard he was after missing that blitz pickup in Week 1.

I think this what most reasonable people expected. Williams/Murray would continue to see some kind of split like we would have seen with Dobbins/Edwards or Edwards/Williams.

Both Williams and Murray will likely have, at worst, flex value week to week - with Williams having the bigger upside with his usage in the passing game and getting some TDs - both RBs were used at the GL last night. Murray will mostly be TD dependent but could get “hot” and deliver more. Freeman saw very little time on the field - I will admit he looked quicker than I thought he was - but either he or Bell will only see minimal work each week like any third string RB would.

If you ignore the noise, Williams and Murray both look like a useful players for this season - with Williams still having room to grow as he learns the offense more and Murray having more upside should Williams go down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Williams had 2 catches called back for penalty too ... that's 2 more PPR and probably 25-30 yards additional

I thought Williams looked much better than Murray, only going to get better too.

Williams had 2 catches called back for penalty too ... that's 2 more PPR and probably 25-30 yards additional

I thought Williams looked much better than Murray, only going to get better too.
it's a marathon, not a sprint when it comes to young players.  Was happy with the Williams touches and how he looked, despite the fumble into the end zone.  I thought they may reduce his touches after the fumble but he was in the mix all game.

But but but but they don’t throw to their running backs…he might get 1 catch…..

I think this what most reasonable people expected. Williams/Murray would continue to see some kind of split like we would have seen with Dobbins/Edwards or Edwards/Williams.
Yup - I think this is what we're seeing. Basically Williams/Murray are a somewhat less talented duo than Dobbins/Edwards, but seem to be playing similar roles. And Lamar caps the upside of both pairs regardless.

If this continues, Williams could end the season with 1k rushing yds, 10+ TD's, and 30ish receptions.  That would end up being an absolute larceny considering what he cost to acquire.  I admittedly benched him in the 2 leagues I have him in this week, just wanting to see how this played out.  I'm now a lot more comfortable counting on him as a RB3/Flex type going forward.

I'm a believer now.  

Thought they would treat Ty'Son with kid gloves in week 2, but that wasn't the case.  He looked good and has nice pieces of the Ravens RB role.  They mentioned on the broadcast Murray and Freeman would be part of the 3-man committee so they don't tire out Williams.

His fumble came from trying to reach across the stripe for a TD. Careless mistake, but not the making of a fumble problem.  I counted at least 4 plays where he was in at goal line, a role I thought would be all Murray, but I was wrong.  Nice pickup. 

Anyone seeing any recent trades for him?  Just trying to assess his value as I am getting offered a trade for him.  

Hoping for a lot of snaps/touches in, at least on paper, has the earmark of a positive game script against the Lions.
I think that's a fairly representative split for most backfields (where there is no stud RB) - and I suspect we see a similar split going forward. Like you said, hopefully this week's snaps include more carries in what should be favorable matchup for the running game.

Anyone seeing any recent trades for him?  Just trying to assess his value as I am getting offered a trade for him.  
I have had him on my trade bait in my league two weeks and not one offer, not even an insulting, crap offer.  RB hungry teams in my league are not buying into him.  Fine by me, I will just hold and flex him.

I have had him on my trade bait in my league two weeks and not one offer, not even an insulting, crap offer.  RB hungry teams in my league are not buying into him.  Fine by me, I will just hold and flex him.
Similar here...as teams in my league struggle for RBs...I can't even get depth WR offers.  

So Ty'son gets held and flexed when I feel Barkley needs to come out...or he sits with Pollard, Gaskin, and Latavius.

I offered him to a team starting David Johnson at RB BEFORE week 2 for Mike Williams and was rejected with no counter.

I was offered Gronk for him.  I already have Waller, and a much bigger need at RB, so I'll hold and hope the role remains the same.

I was offered Robby Anderson in a nonPPR and declined.  I would rather hold him and see what develops.  

I am seriously mulling over whether to start him over Taylor this week - especially if Wentz doesn't play.  I see Tenn stacking the box and last week Mack starting getting mixed in with carries.  Ty'Son will have a split but the Lions matchup is juicy and the game script should favor a heavy dose of running.  

Users who are viewing this thread