What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zach Charbonnet, SEA (1 Viewer)

Is he the #3 RB now? Not too along ago people were high on Sean Tucker.
In theory, yes. Seems like non-fantasy NFL guys aren't too high on Tucker,
I'm still warming up to this rookie class, but Zach Evans is the guy I have penciled in at RB3. Am I that far off?
This is a good example of what I was trying to say about the current RB11 kind of player potentially being like RB3 or 4.

I'm using redraft FFPC as my best guide for how consensus is currently viewing rookie RB's. Evans is going off as RB8 right now. I don't think it would surprise many people if he ended up as RB3 or RB11. I believe this to be true before we know testing and draft capital.

ETA-just saw Evans measurements and he seems to be like Charbonnet, came in a lot lighter then I thought, at just over 202. When these players come in lighter like this they sure need to test well.

I'm still warming up to this rookie class, but Zach Evans is the guy I have penciled in at RB3. Am I that far off?

Zach Evans has fallen down most people’s rankings in the last few months.

Bijan Robinson
Jamyr Gibbs
Charbonnet/Achane have been the two most often spoken about at 3

Then it’s a clutch of players with Spears and Johnson being risers after the Senior Bowl and in the discussion with Tucker/Miller/Evans/Bigsby/McIntosh and a few others.

There’s still the likes of McBride/Abinakanda/Vaughn et all

So much depth

This is a good example of what I was trying to say about the current RB11 kind of player potentially being like RB3 or 4.

I'm using redraft FFPC as my best guide for how consensus is currently viewing rookie RB's. Evans is going off as RB8 right now. I don't think it would surprise many people if he ended up as RB3 or RB11. I believe this to be true before we know testing and draft capital.

ETA-just saw Evans measurements and he seems to be like Charbonnet, came in a lot lighter then I thought, at just over 202. When these players come in lighter like this they sure need to test well.
I don’t play redraft, but I didn’t think redraft puts a lot of emphasis on 99% of the rookies. One of the reasons I don’t like redraft. I like the development aspect of fantasy.

Ryan Burns
@FtblSickness
Easiest prediction of all time: This is a very good football player, and some team is going to get a lot of production out of a value slot.
NFL NetworkPHKS_mjX_bigger.jpg
@nflnetwork
“I can catch in any element.” @UCLAFootball RB Zach Charbonnet wants to prove why he should be one of the top RBs in this draft class. 1f624.png @OmarDRuiz | @zachcharbon
------------------
LINK to video

NFL Pro Day News and Rumors: Zach Charbonnet Impresses, Bengals Eyeing Michael Jefferson, and Patriots Targeting Warren McClendon?

Excerpt:

Wednesday’s UCLA Pro Day workout was attended by 31 teams, including the Steelers, Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs. It was held in rainy, miserable conditions not conducive to fast times. And as a result, many players ran much slower than expected.
Running back Zach Charbonnet participated in position drills and looked terrific catching the football. He has the potential to be a steal outside the top 60 picks.

Zach Charbonnet
Freshman Year at Michigan this kid racks up over 725 yds rushing and 11 TDs under Jim Harbaugh
Sophomore Year either injuries or falling out of Harbaugh's favor...but he did manage to hold a 6.5 yd avg and only touched the ball about 20 times.
Transfer Portal...

Junior and Senior Year leading the Bruins in the Pac-12
1,300+ yds and 13 TD
1,680 yds and 14 TD
61 catches over his Junior and Senior year, he can do a lot of things in the offense.
6-1, 220 this kid is not a lightweight

After BRob is drafted, this is my No 2
Achane from Texas A&M reminds of Warrick Dunn, has a lot of speed and talent, think he will explode if he lands on the right team.
Achane is my No 3 at this point, perhaps even No 2 depending on who gets him.

Ide
Definitely a guy to watch in the draft. You may think you escaped by not having Bijan/Gibbs drafted alongside your RB, only to have Charbonnet grabbed in the 2nd/3rd.
LAC landing spot with Ekler on his last year and the contract issue.
I like Charbonnet in 1QB PPR at mid-late 1st pending draft capital.
I have him as RB3 in draft class.

Ideally, I would like to take a RB at 1.7 in a 1QB. A month ago, I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of him being the chalk selection for that spot. Now, I don't think I have any prayer that he gets there. He seems to have claimed the consensus RB3 in a tier to himself from a lot of the top experts. I guess it serves me right.

Not taking any of the QBs ahead of him in 1QB. You can make a case for Stroud or A-Rich if you have to have one, but I don't.

WRs crashing. The only one I still take ahead of him is JSN. That doesn't mean the others aren't in play depending on roster and league format.

So yeah, #4 pick on my big board right now with no delusions that he'll make it to #7.

Definitely a guy to watch in the draft. You may think you escaped by not having Bijan/Gibbs drafted alongside your RB, only to have Charbonnet grabbed in the 2nd/3rd.
No hope for Spiller?

No hope for Spiller?

As much as I liked Spiller coming out of Texas A&M, I don't see him climbing the Top RB ladder.
Spiller was 4th round (#123) behind ZWhite LVR , DPierce Hou and Brian Robinson Wash (just a few picks in front of Pierre Strong NEP)
I liked his college production, but limited showing - NFL 18 touches for 41 yards (2.3 ypc) is not inspiring.
NFL Draft Capital is a key facet in his lack of value. But the depressed RB value by NFL does give me pause here... (and Ekeler is 27 yo = Undrafted asset)
The incumbent staff saw his performance and IF BIJAN is there at 21, they will take as an explosive part of their offense.
I can see them using Ekeler as a Passing Catching asset and not between the tackles runner (Bijan's strength).

I don't see LAC passing the value of Bijan at 21. They need more RZ threats for Short Yardage GL options. (Truth be told.. I am unaware of Ekeler's GL performance)

No hope for Spiller?

As much as I liked Spiller coming out of Texas A&M, I don't see him climbing the Top RB ladder.
Spiller was 4th round (#123) behind ZWhite LVR , DPierce Hou and Brian Robinson Wash (just a few picks in front of Pierre Strong NEP)
I liked his college production, but limited showing - NFL 18 touches for 41 yards (2.3 ypc) is not inspiring.
NFL Draft Capital is a key facet in his lack of value. But the depressed RB value by NFL does give me pause here... (and Ekeler is 27 yo = Undrafted asset)
The incumbent staff saw his performance and IF BIJAN is there at 21, they will take as an explosive part of their offense.
I can see them using Ekeler as a Passing Catching asset and not between the tackles runner (Bijan's strength).

I don't see LAC passing the value of Bijan at 21. They need more RZ threats for Short Yardage GL options. (Truth be told.. I am unaware of Ekeler's GL performance)
Just going off memory he was probably one of the best at the goal line in 2022.

No hope for Spiller?

Just going off memory he was probably one of the best at the goal line in 2022.
I looked it up. Ekeler was #3 in % (10 car 6 TD) but #16 in attempts inside 5 YL

eta: LAC WR had > 50 targets inside 20 YL & 15 for WR+ TE inside 5

Last edited:

Buccaneers hosted UCLA RB Zach Charbonnet for a top-30 visit.​

Per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Charbonnet has had top-30 visits with a number of running back-needy teams including the Chargers, Cowboys, and Bills. Charbonnet is considered by most to be the third-best running back in the class. He topped 1,100 rushing yards at UCLA twice and capped his collegiate career with 1,680 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns. He has the looks of a three-down back at the next level and will be an immediate threat for touches wherever he lands.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 19, 2023 at 4:37 PM ET

I'm not surprised, they were to thin at a position they covet. I got Walker on two dynasty team and swear to god when they went to the podium to announce the pick I had a really bad feeling a RB was coming.

IMO this is really negative for Charbs, it's not a bed of roses for Walker either.

I'm not surprised, they were to thin at a position they covet. I got Walker on two dynasty team and swear to god when they went to the podium to announce the pick I had a really bad feeling a RB was coming.

IMO this is really negative for Charbs, it's not a bed of roses for Walker either.
Charbonnet was the 4th rookie off the board in the 4th round of a startup I did a couple weeks ago.
Oopsie for that guy.

not a bed of roses for Walker either

This. Zack is a beast is his own right. Walker better watch his back.
I just threw out two offers of Walker for 1.2. First response I got back was "lol, they just drafted Charbs".

Things change in a hurry.

Now one can argue Charbs is no more comp then Montgomery and Walker is proven on the NFL level so I don't think it was a bad offer and fwiw I made on assumption he knew that Charbs had been picked. But just an idea of how things change.

I just threw out two offers of Walker for 1.2. First response I got back was "lol, they just drafted Charbs".

Now one can argue Charbs is no more comp then Montgomery and Walker is proven on the NFL level so I don't think it was a bad offer and fwiw I made on assumption he knew that Charbs had been picked. But just an idea of how things change.
I would think walker is still worth a decent amount more than Gibbs

I actually thought of making that offer this morning to give you and idea of how I feel.

In a PPR league, I’m not so sure.

I don’t know about that.

I’d rather have Gibbs than Walker personally. Walker is a terrific runner but he already was a bit vacant as a receiver and now this. Much rather have Gibbs who I think will be deployed as a receiver more than a runner.

Not only did this happen, but I saw from a reporter on twitter the Jets were considering Gibbs at 15. Literally no running back is safe.
My biggest money dynasty team has Hall and Walker. That would have been something. I got Swift though as well, lol so Gibbs got me anyway.

But to your point this is why I value RB's like Gibbs. When you are involved I think he will be as a WR you can survive sharing the workload.

Users who are viewing this thread