What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zach Charbonnet, SEA (1 Viewer)

Not only did this happen, but I saw from a reporter on twitter the Jets were considering Gibbs at 15. Literally no running back is safe.
My biggest money dynasty team has Hall and Walker. That would have been something. I got Swift though as well, lol so Gibbs got me anyway.

But to your point this is why I value RB's like Gibbs. When you are involved I think he will be as a WR you can survive sharing the workload.

Oh 100% man. I really like Walker as a runner in real life, think he’s super talented, but I wanted no part of him in dynasty because he has no pass usage to keep him afloat in the event of something like this. We just have to always be bracing for this kinda situation anymore.

Seahawks selected UCLA RB Zach Charbonnet with the No. 52 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

This selection will shock Ken Walker Dynasty managers, but the Seahawks' backfield depth was close to nonexistent behind their impressive 2022 rookie. After spending a quiet two years at Michigan, Charbonnet (6’0/214) transferred to UCLA for his final two seasons and proceeded to roll up 2,496 yards and 27 touchdowns on the ground to go along with 61/518 through the air. He averaged an eye-popping 7.0 yards per carry in 2022. Charbonnet’s Westwood calling cards were his head-of-steam speed, field vision and tackle-breaking ability. He is also as good of a pass catcher as his numbers would indicate, and is an advanced pass protector. That will get you on the field in a hurry in the NFL. If it does, Charbonnet has the three-down skill-set to stay there even with questions about his short-area burst and overall quickness and agility ... is what we wrote before he ended up in Seattle. Despite those skills, Charbonnet now profiles as a change-of-pace option for the majority of his rookie contract.
Apr 28, 2023 at 8:34 PM ET

I'm not surprised, they were to thin at a position they covet. I got Walker on two dynasty team and swear to god when they went to the podium to announce the pick I had a really bad feeling a RB was coming.

IMO this is really negative for Charbs, it's not a bed of roses for Walker either.
Charbonnet was the 4th rookie off the board in the 4th round of a startup I did a couple weeks ago.
Oopsie for that guy.
This is why you don't do startups before the NFL Draft

I'm not surprised, they were to thin at a position they covet. I got Walker on two dynasty team and swear to god when they went to the podium to announce the pick I had a really bad feeling a RB was coming.

IMO this is really negative for Charbs, it's not a bed of roses for Walker either.
Charbonnet was the 4th rookie off the board in the 4th round of a startup I did a couple weeks ago.
Oopsie for that guy.
This is why you sell all your RBs the minute your season is over. I hate RBs.

Oopsie for that guy.
Which makes it interesting that so many people want to take Gibbs at 1.02 over the WR's in rookie drafts

Oopsie for that guy.
Which makes it interesting that so many people want to take Gibbs at 1.02 over the WR's in rookie drafts
Why stop there and not at Bijan at 1.1?

Walker owners need to relax. I did not think they would pick a back that high but they were taking running back at some point and I figured it would be in the 3rd. You have to remember what they have dealt with. Carson and Penny. These two could not stay healthy AT ALL. They are building an offense. This is what the running back landscape has become. RBBC is by far the preferred route of NFL teams now. Walker is proven (to this point) and has flashed some skills. Charbs is a good back but he feels like a banger and I see Walker having more shares. I think this hurts Charbs more and kind of sucks for the middle part of the 2023 rookie drafts. The Seahawks are covering their bases and from their experience running backs can not stay healthy.

Some y’all are underestimating how good Charbonet is. He’s a fluid receiver, excellent between the tackles, and at 6’1, 220 he’s a bear to tackle.

I don’t see how this isn’t a negative for Walker. Charbonet was my RB3 in this draft. Seattle’s RB room is scary for the NFL & a mess for FF.

Rookies typically have marginal value year one and many times year two. The exceptions are typically high drafted RB's like Barkley & Robinson. I'm not worried in JSN long term at all.

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL
2023 Seahawks RB Zach Charbonnet projection: 113 carries, 476 yards, 3 TDs; 27 targets, 21 receptions, 156 yards, 1 TD (14 games)
- Yeah, these numbers are ugly...and they'll likely have to be even lower for Ken Walker III to produce a RB1 fantasy campaign.

Walker owners need to relax. I
IMO their concern is more than justified. Like going from having a FF RB1 to a potential FF RB2-3, depending on format/role.

Not one Walker shareholder wanted to see this.

Brutal.
It could be and maybe not. The instinctive feeling here is to be worried. I like Charbs and not taking anything away from him but I look at it like this. Who would I rather have head-to-head? That would be Walker for me. That said. I see an opportunity to get Charbs at a lower cost. This is the life of FF running backs now. RBBC is the way a lot of teams are going. I'm shocked The Bengals have not grabbed another back myself. I thought for sure they would invest in one by now. I can see the Bengals getting one in the fourth or maybe trading for one.

Oopsie for that guy.
Bolded for clarity. I've been trying to treat my RBs like redraft. So far, it seems to be working out.

Walker owners need to relax. I
IMO their concern is more than justified. Like going from having a FF RB1 to a potential FF RB2-3, depending on format/role.

Not one Walker shareholder wanted to see this.

Brutal.
It could be and maybe not. The instinctive feeling here is to be worried. I like Charbs and not taking anything away from him but I look at it like this. Who would I rather have head-to-head? That would be Walker for me. That said. I see an opportunity to get Charbs at a lower cost. This is the life of FF running backs now. RBBC is the way a lot of teams are going. I'm shocked The Bengals have not grabbed another back myself. I thought for sure they would invest in one by now. I can see the Bengals getting one in the fourth or maybe trading for one.
I coulda sworn I posted this last night but posts seem to be missing. 🤔

Anyway, last year it was *supposed* to be RBBC with Penny, so in that light this shouldn’t really be shocking.

The biggest concern for Walker shareholders should be the overlap. It would be one thing if Charbs was just a good receiver (which he is) but he’s. 6’1 220 lb bruiser as well.

Maybe it’s true that one could draft Charbs later than previously thought, or buy-low on Walker.

I won’t be investing in either.

The guys at dynasty league football are basically in unison on this one - pretty much Armageddon for Walker. I rarely see all of their contributors uniformly agree on anything, but this appears to be the exception.

- Projected 60/40 split, 65-35 best case
- Charbs to get receptions
- a comment that ever since the Marshawn Lynch gaff in the SB, Pete has hated fans which is why he’s ruining Walker’s value. lol

NBS sports edge was slightly less grim about it but they said enough:
Seahawks make a truly head-scratching pick

There's no other way to frame Seattle spending a second-round pick on UCLA running back Zach Charbonnet. With 398 carries for 2,372 yards and 27 scores over the past two years, Charbonnet has the profile of a bell-cow back. He was a reasonable pick for most teams in the second round. However, Kenneth Walker blew up as one of the league's most electric backs in his rookie campaign, so it's unclear what the team's plan for Charbonnet will be in 2023.

Walker is a good RB, great for us as viewing fans, but he was the ultimate boom or busy type runner last year. His YPC was good because he would regularly break monstrous runs taking the average up, but he would often have multiple plays in a row where he'd get nothing.

When Carroll sends his RB out to get 3 yards, he wants 3 yards, not a roll of the dice for either 10 or 0. I think that's what Charbonnet brings them, a reliable short yardage boomer, who can catch passes.

He's an oddly designed hybrid goal line and 3rd down back. The valuable touches, basically.

Charbs is more of a fantasy-ruining nightmare from hell for Walker owners than he is for anyone else.
FYP
:thumbup:
If you're going to quote me, please do it in a way that doesn't look like I posted something I didn't. :)
“FYP” (fixed your post) is intended as humor, not deception.

Sorry - I thought this was a well-understood meme around here. I’ll delete.
Sorry, I had no idea what FYP meant.

This is bad for both in fantasy IMO. I just don't see how else you can look at it.
It’s a blow to both of their values, but I guess we have to get used to RBBC.
Charbs is more of a handcuff for Walker owners than he is for anyone else. Since I don't have Walker I won't have Charbs.
I don’t 100% agree in the day of RBBC and where RBs get hurt often, but get your point. I do think Walker is better but this will be not better than 60/40 split for Walker. On a Carroll team both RBs could have RB2 value. I don’t have Walker anywhere and would consider Charbs as high as 1.05 maybe.

This is bad for both in fantasy IMO. I just don't see how else you can look at it.
Charbs is more of a handcuff for Walker owners than he is for anyone else. Since I don't have Walker I won't have Charbs.
I don’t 100% agree in the day of RBBC and where RBs get hurt often, but get your point. I do think Walker is better but this will be not better than 60/40 split for Walker. On a Carroll team both RBs could have RB2 value. I don’t have Walker anywhere and would consider Charbs as high as 1.05 maybe.
Without having Walker I believe 1.05 is too high for Charbs.

Without having Walker I believe 1.05 is too high for Charbs.
I agree. I see him more as a back of the first round/early second round kind of pick.

This is kind of my point and honestly, we forget the health factor. Backs have been getting hurt quite a bit. If one of these backs goes down then it's all in again. I think you should still consider Charbs just cheaper. The Seahawks might be ahead of the game here. Go ask the Breece Hall manager how it feels to lose your stud RB. The Javonte Williams manager might have something to say as well. Pete knows the feeling as well with his prior backs. It's the way of the world now in the NFL. Go cheaper on-backs in Dynasty and handcuff in the right situation. Or invest cheaply in another team's handcuff. I think this situation could work out for the manager that takes Charbs later.

Last edited:
This is kind of my point and honestly, we forget the health factor. Backs have been getting hurt quite a bit. If one of these backs goes down then it's all in again. I think you should still consider Charbs just cheaper. The Seahawks might be ahead of the game here. Go ask the Breece Hall manager how it feels to lose your stud RB. The Javonte Williams manager might have something to say as well. Pete knows the feeling as well with his prior backs. It's the way of the world now in the NFL to go cheaper on backs in Dynasty and handcuff in the right situation. Or invest cheaply in another team's handcuff. I think this situation could work out for the owner that takes Charbs later.
While I agree with most of what you said, it's been that way since the beginning of time. I'm just saying no way I take Charbs at 1.5 if I'm not the Walker owner.

This is kind of my point and honestly, we forget the health factor. Backs have been getting hurt quite a bit. If one of these backs goes down then it's all in again. I think you should still consider Charbs just cheaper. The Seahawks might be ahead of the game here. Go ask the Breece Hall manager how it feels to lose your stud RB. The Javonte Williams manager might have something to say as well. Pete knows the feeling as well with his prior backs. It's the way of the world now in the NFL to go cheaper on backs in Dynasty and handcuff in the right situation. Or invest cheaply in another team's handcuff. I think this situation could work out for the owner that takes Charbs later.
While I agree with most of what you said, it's been that way since the beginning of time. I'm just saying no way I take Charbs at 1.5 if I'm not the Walker owner.
I can get on board with this. Where would you take him if you are not a Walker owner compared to being a Walker owner?

I can get on board with this. Where would you take him if you are not a Walker owner compared to being a Walker owner?
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get him if I'm not the Walker owner. However, in a start 1QB league I would be comfortable taking him in the 2nd round if there is no one else I like.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get him if I'm not the Walker owner. However, in a start 1QB league I would be comfortable taking him in the 2nd round if there is no one else I like.
That’s putting too much on situation which can change quick. Beside the top 2 which rookie RB landed in a much better situation?

That’s putting too much on situation which can change quick. Beside the top 2 which rookie RB landed in a much better situation?
I don't necessarily think 2 RBs landed in a good situation. I'm just saying I don't think Charbs is worth a 1st round pick unless I'm the Walker owner. I'd much rather throw a dart at someone like Richardson, Stroud, or Young in a start 1QB league. I might also consider Kincaid over him in a TE premium league. Not being a Walker owner, the players I would take over him in my leagues would be: Bigan, JSN, Gibbs, Addison, Young, Richardson, Stroud, Kincaid, Mayer, Flowers, Mims, Johnston, Miller and perhaps another RB or two depending on landing spot today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread