What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zach Charbonnet, SEA (1 Viewer)

This is bad for both in fantasy IMO. I just don't see how else you can look at it.
It’s a blow to both of their values, but I guess we have to get used to RBBC.
This is kind of my point and honestly, we forget the health factor. Backs have been getting hurt quite a bit. If one of these backs goes down then it's all in again. I think you should still consider Charbs just cheaper. The Seahawks might be ahead of the game here. Go ask the Breece Hall manager how it feels to lose your stud RB. The Javonte Williams manager might have something to say as well. Pete knows the feeling as well with his prior backs. It's the way of the world now in the NFL to go cheaper on backs in Dynasty and handcuff in the right situation. Or invest cheaply in another team's handcuff. I think this situation could work out for the owner that takes Charbs later.
While I agree with most of what you said, it's been that way since the beginning of time. I'm just saying no way I take Charbs at 1.5 if I'm not the Walker owner.
I can get on board with this. Where would you take him if you are not a Walker owner compared to being a Walker owner?
I have him at 10 currently. Still making minor adjustments here and there though.

Lot of overvaluing handcuffs here.

Your ownership or lack thereof of Walker has no bearing on Charbonnet’s potential fantasy value.

In the Seattle offense, with the draft capital spent on him, he could be argued anywhere from the 5-10 rookie with massive upside, assuming a 1 QB, PPR, non-TE premium league with relatively normal lineups.

I’m in two vastly different dynasty leagues - one is IDP, PPR but you are not required to start an RB - can go up to 5 WR. In that one, Charbs is likely a late 1st or early 2nd round rookie pick.

The other is a 14 team, non-PPR, WR/TE combined league where you start 1-4 RB and 1-4 WR/TE (scoring and lineup rules virtually unchanged in 25 years). In that one, Charb is likely a top 5 pick as that league is very RB dominated.

I have Walker in two leagues.

One of those I have pick 5 and there is no way I'm taking Charbs with that pick.

The other league I have pick 9. I also have Kamara on that team. I'm not entirely sure I'd take any of them and but will have to strongly consider it if I"m making that pick because my team is a contender which is very flush with WR's, TE's and Mahomes and thin at RB. I would probably take Miller over Charbs if both are available and I go that direction.

Devastating blow to the rookie dynasty class
This is the one absolute so far. What a bummer. I wasn’t even going to be able to take him, but I was excited to see his opportunity as a RB1 somewhere.

I’m still excited to see him play, but no doubt Pete Carroll just skewered one of the premium draft picks in this year’s rookie draft.

Glad I dealt all my picks except 1 & 2. ;)

Was relying on him being an option to refresh my RB room at 1.09 in superFlex. Might have to try trade down into two 2nd rounders now if possible, or just invest in a WR. Or just try buy an RB with the pick.

It’s a frustrating one for sure

In the one league I have Walker, I have the 1.1, 1.6, 1.8, 2.6 and 2.7. I’d only consider him at my 2.6/2.7 picks

I have no shares of either of Walker or Charbs and don't expect to after the draft. I agree with the general sentiment here. There's nothing really good about this landing spot. Something unexpected has to happen for this guy to have major value and that would be at the expense of a guy who was a top 5 RB asset just 3 days ago. How different is the RB landscape if he ends up in Cincy or something?

I have watched every game Charbonnet played in college (since coming to UCLA). He is easily the best running back ever to play for the Bruins and it’s not even close IMO.

Here is my prediction. The season for Seattle begins with an RBBC, but Charbonnet will emerge as a star running back, the best rookie running back, by midseason. After that Walker will be an afterthought or be traded.

I have watched every game Charbonnet played in college (since coming to UCLA). He is easily the best running back ever to play for the Bruins and it’s not even close IMO.

Here is my prediction. The season for Seattle begins with an RBBC, but Charbonnet will emerge as a star running back, the best rookie running back, by midseason. After that Walker will be an afterthought or be traded.
Very bold prediction. But hey, limbs were made to be gone out on. Did I say that right?

I don’t know if I’d go quite that far, but it’s a non-0 proposition that Charbs is the best back on that team.

I don’t know if I’d go quite that far, but it’s a non-0 proposition that Charbs is the best back on that team.
He’s at least a more complete back because of his superior receiving profile & YPC consistency.

That said, I don’t envision a Walker trade. They’ll keep the depth.

I won't discount your feelings here (I like Charbonnet a lot) but being better than Freeman McNeil or Maurice Jones-Drew would be a major surprise.

2022 draft: Seahawks draft Ken Walker. "OK, Seattle is still a running team."
2022 season: Geno, Metcalf, Lockett all have pretty good seasons. "OK, Seattle is a passing team now."
2023 1st round: Seahawks draft JSN. "OK, Seattle is building up that passing game instead of taking a RB. Noted."
2023 2nd round: Seahawks draft Charbonnet. "Seattle wyd"

I don’t see him being an every down RB with Walker. they do compliment each other though. I see it like Chubb/Hunt in Cleveland (pre 2022).

I don’t see him being an every down RB with Walker. they do compliment each other though. I see it like Chubb/Hunt in Cleveland (pre 2022).
All I know is that Charbs is an every down type of back.

Walker owner in FFPC SF. I'm concerned that the new guy takes all the TDs. He is better built for the job and takes some of the wear-n-tear off Walker.
Yep. All of us KW3 owners need to accept we’re basically f’ed. charb is a better receiver and GL back. This is a full blown RBBC. Both can be useable but neither will be top FF RBs barring one of them getting injured.

This is more how I feel. It's not ideal but is part of the game.

Charbonnet went 1.08 yesterday in a 12 team SF/TE Premium league, seemed a tad early for that format but maybe not.

He's probably gonna be over drafted considering this is a time share for a few years.
Assuming Charbonnet is a good NFL player.
So that seems like best case scenario barring injury to walker

He's probably gonna be over drafted considering this is a time share for a few years.
I keep hearing this but who exactly are you foregoing if you take Charbonet. I mean he still has to be RB3 in this class, no? Late first for a young RBBC back seems fine to me in this class.

You hit on it…it’s a tough choice…fully understand the Seattle landing spot scaring people but on the flip side who do you draft over him…I don’t have an issue with going either direction.

I keep hearing this but who exactly are you foregoing if you take Charbonet. I mean he still has to be RB3 in this class, no? Late first for a young RBBC back seems fine to me in this class.
Agree. As an owner of KW3 he was pretty inconsistent last season. Great games surrounded by duds. He was also pretty bad in the receiving game.

The hope was SEA wouldn't draft or sign another solid RB so his workload would stay high, but that didn't happen.

This looks like a full blown RBBC with Charb also getting a lot of the GL looks and receiving downs. Hate to say it, but for FF purposes it wouldn't be shocking at all for Charb to outproduce KW3.

You hit on it…it’s a tough choice…fully understand the Seattle landing spot scaring people but on the flip side who do you draft over him…I don’t have an issue with going either direction.
Yeah passing up Charbonet so that you don't miss out on Rashee Rice or Kendre Miller doesn't sound like a winning strategy either.

I'd take Achane over Charbonnet. He went to the absolute perfect system for his skill set, and has way less competition for carries, especially long term, than Charbonnet does.

I'd take Achane over Charbonnet. He went to the absolute perfect system for his skill set, and has way less competition for carries, especially long term, than Charbonnet does.
Some might say projecting out more than 3 or 4 years is useless, but can't dislike Achane being 18 somewhat months younger.

Last edited:
Some might say projecting out more than 3 or 4 years is useless, but can't dislike Achane being 18 months younger.
You sure he's 18 months younger? I'm seeing 9

Some might say projecting out more than 3 or 4 years is useless, but can't dislike Achane being 18 months younger.
Hmm ... Checking.

You're right. Thanks. I never could find a nice tidy list that included all of their ages. So I made my own list by checking each birthdate. Did something wrong.

Hmm ... Checking.
Are you Ferrari's team principle???

Hmm ... Checking.
Are you Ferrari's team principle???
This one's going to need more explanation 😆

has way less competition for carries,
how about for touches?
Still seems true to me. Walker>Mostert and Wilson in my eyes, especially long term. Also seeing more pass catching weapons in Seattle, even if Hill/Waddle is the best 1/2 at WR in the NFL.

I'm probably coming from a different starting place with Charbonnet v Achane. I didn't think they were far apart going into the draft. Didn't see Gibbs that far ahead of either of them, but his landing spot (and subsequent Swift trade) certainly makes a difference there.

I know the game is changing but I can't get behind a 180 pound RB - even if he can run inside in college. I don't see heavy workloads in his future. I can see 6-10 touches a game and a lot of "boom/bust". I think he'll be a better NFL player than fantasy asset. I may turn out to be wrong, but I'll live with it.

I get Charbonet ended up behind a very good RB and that's a bummer, but Seattle leans on the run and Charbs (who could see 3rd down and GL work) should be a decent flex option when Walker is healthy and have league winning upside if Walker was to go down.

I know the game is changing but I can't get behind a 180 pound RB - even if he can run inside in college. I don't see heavy workloads in his future. I can see 6-10 touches a game and a lot of "boom/bust". I think he'll be a better NFL player than fantasy asset. I may turn out to be wrong, but I'll live with it.

I get Charbonet ended up behind a very good RB and that's a bummer, but Seattle leans on the run and Charbs (who could see 3rd down and GL work) should be a decent flex option when Walker is healthy and have league winning upside if Walker was to go down.
I mean 180 pound is a little untrue. He's 188, I'm sure he'll play in the 190s as the Dolphins will likely have him add a little size as long as he stays 4.3.

I see Achane having 13-15 touches a game. I see him as very CJ Spiller like. Probably 60+ yards every week, with obviously some spike weeks due to big plays.

My concern with Charbonnet is that Walker is just better than him. I do agree that if Walker goes down (or Charbonnet obviously) that the Seattle RB will be an RB1. I'm also not sure Seattle leans run heavy anymore. They were 22nd in the NFL in rushing attempts last season, and 27th in 2021. Adding a 1st round WR would seem to suggest they aren't going back to their run heavy ways. I think decent flex option may be a best-case scenario in year 1, unless Walker gets hurt.

My concern with Charbonnet is that Walker is just better than him
I think Charbs is better than Walker. He’s a more fluid receiver and for PPR gives him a slight advantage already. He also seems to be a more consistent runner, where IIRC that’s been a criticism of Walker.

And well, SEA just spent a 2nd on Charbs, despite having Walker so that could also be telling in what SEA thinks of Walker. Maybe not, but it’s probably not nothing.

I wouldn’t have an issue with anyone taking Charbs over Achane, but I do like them both at their ADP. Achane will have a role, and he’s playing with a 31 year old Mostert and Jeff Wilson, who has trouble staying on the field.

But if betting on injury replacement production, if Walker gets dinged up, Charbonet has top 7 RB upside.

I'd take Achane over Charbs.

That SEA backfield is crowded and I don't think people are properly looking at how much worse McIntosh might have made it. He's one of the top pass catching RB's in the draft and apparently only slid due to medicals. But I think he's the best pass catching RB on the team. I see a strong potential as him as the third down back only making this an uglier RBBC.

I got Walker in two leagues and this whole thing stinks and just going to leave everyone pining for a trade or an injury. I hate to give up on a young talent, which Walker is, but I'm torn on trying harder to puruse getting off this ride or hang on in case Charbs looks like a stiff.

Now I will say I've never been wildly high on Charbonnett. Seems like a smaller Connor/Rhamondre type to me and for his sake he's exactly the kind of RB who needs a full time role and he's not getting it while Walker is around and healthy.

Here’s my dilemma and current decision making process written in a very WDIS, er, Draft kind of post… ;)

in one of my FFPC 1QB (TE-P) leagues, I’m trying to finish my rebuild.
My roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: Walker, JWilliams, Allgeier, Herbert, Carter
WR: Olave, Pittman, Toney, Palmer, Cooks, Shakir, Claypool
TE: Andrews

and I hold the 1.1, 1.6, 1.8, 2.6, 2.7

Obviously, I welcome Bijan to my team…and already roster his handcuff (glass half full)
At the 1.6 and 1.8, I have a few ways to go:
- Grab the last WR of the “big 4”
- Go rookie RB, either Charbs (to pair with my Walker) or Achane.
- Kincaid at 1.6 (or Mayer at 1.8?)

before the NFL draft, grabbing a TE wasn’t even on my radar and I was just gonna grab whoever remained from this TE clas at my 2.6/2.7 picks. But now…that sure has changed. I think I also have to grab Kincaid at 1.6 and then take Charbs at 1.8, and grab whatever remains at RB or WR (or another rookie TE) in the 2nd.

thoughts? What would you smart people do?

I'd take Achane over Charbs.

That SEA backfield is crowded and I don't think people are properly looking at how much worse McIntosh might have made it. He's one of the top pass catching RB's in the draft and apparently only slid due to medicals. But I think he's the best pass catching RB on the team. I see a strong potential as him as the third down back only making this an uglier RBBC.

I got Walker in two leagues and this whole thing stinks and just going to leave everyone pining for a trade or an injury. I hate to give up on a young talent, which Walker is, but I'm torn on trying harder to puruse getting off this ride or hang on in case Charbs looks like a stiff.

Now I will say I've never been wildly high on Charbonnett. Seems like a smaller Connor/Rhamondre type to me and for his sake he's exactly the kind of RB who needs a full time role and he's not getting it while Walker is around and healthy.
I could see this all being spot on, though I am a bit higher on Charbonnet than you.

I have the 2 backs as very coin flippy right now. Likely better short term value in Achane given the age/fragility if the backs in that RB room, so I would have no problem with anyone selecting Achane over Charbonet.

I do agree that Walker/Charbonet is going to be frustrating at least short term. And it’s hard to know what pony to bet on.

The pick definitely screwed Walker shareholders. In both my leagues the Walker shareholder dealt away RB depth because they thought they had a bona fide RB1, and now they’re both scrambling to deal for RBs.

Here’s my dilemma and current decision making process written in a very WDIS, er, Draft kind of post… ;)

in one of my FFPC 1QB (TE-P) leagues, I’m trying to finish my rebuild.
My roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: Walker, JWilliams, Allgeier, Herbert, Carter
WR: Olave, Pittman, Toney, Palmer, Cooks, Shakir, Claypool
TE: Andrews

and I hold the 1.1, 1.6, 1.8, 2.6, 2.7

Obviously, I welcome Bijan to my team…and already roster his handcuff (glass half full)
At the 1.6 and 1.8, I have a few ways to go:
- Grab the last WR of the “big 4”
- Go rookie RB, either Charbs (to pair with my Walker) or Achane.
- Kincaid at 1.6 (or Mayer at 1.8?)

before the NFL draft, grabbing a TE wasn’t even on my radar and I was just gonna grab whoever remained from this TE clas at my 2.6/2.7 picks. But now…that sure has changed. I think I also have to grab Kincaid at 1.6 and then take Charbs at 1.8, and grab whatever remains at RB or WR (or another rookie TE) in the 2nd.

thoughts? What would you smart people do?
Not sure what the smart people would do, but here’s what I’d do:

Draft Bijan
Trade everything else for proven assets.

You got hosed multiple times with SEA, ATL & maybe also CHI all drafting quality RBs.

Try to package Walker + pick(s) for a true stud.

Try to package other picks for WRs. There’s value out there, and while you’re down on the draft, not every FF manager is.

You could easily sacrifice quantity for quality by consolidating those 6 & 8 and maybe also the 2.6 pick for near-elite WR/RB.

That’s what I’d try 1st. It’s basically what I did with 5 of my 7 picks (3, 4, 8, 10, 2.01) and I’m pretty happy with the results.

ETA: I’d hold Allgeier - his value got crushed but having the handcuff to your RB1 isn’t the worst idea, at least compared to the pennies on the dollar you’d get for him now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread