What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recently viewed movie thread - Rental Edition (1 Viewer)

I sat and watched a buttload of movies over the weekend with the GF's family.

X-Men: Day of Future Past. 7.5/10 Fun with some cool action sequences. And a time travel plot that wasn't too hard to follow or downright dumb.

The Fault in our Starts: 6.5/10 Sappy girl stuff but had some poignant moments and good acting by the lead girl. I'm not the target demo so it's ok.

Neighbors: 8/10 Really funny. Seth Rogan and his wife were hilarious. Zach Efron was solid and the pacing was good throughout.

Watched Heat for the first time in a long while last night. Definitely check it out if you haven't seen it :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the End

7/10

Really funny and enjoyable if you have watched the majority of these movies over time. I also became way excited about the movie while watching it when I read that Rogen and the director created a game where they tried to push each actor to his or her breaking part with weird/inappropriate stuff and they succeeded with everyone but Franco (guess there was a deleted scene where Franco, Hitler, and Tina Turner were doing blow in Hell).

This is the End

7/10

Really funny and enjoyable if you have watched the majority of these movies over time. I also became way excited about the movie while watching it when I read that Rogen and the director created a game where they tried to push each actor to his or her breaking part with weird/inappropriate stuff and they succeeded with everyone but Franco (guess there was a deleted scene where Franco, Hitler, and Tina Turner were doing blow in Hell).
I can't figure out why anyone would like this. A bunch of guys screaming at each other for most of the movie. It was like a 5 minute skit bloated to 1.5 hours with some good special effects thrown in.

This is the End

7/10

I can't figure out why anyone would like this. A bunch of guys screaming at each other for most of the movie. It was like a 5 minute skit bloated to 1.5 hours with some good special effects thrown in.
In general, are you a fan of the actors in it?

This is the End

7/10

Why did u watch it?

This is the End

7/10

Emma Watson gave the movie a "D" rating. It was not worth watching, imo.

If anyone is watching this movie and then complaining about it, that's about the same as watching Men in Black and then complaining that you don't like it cause it had aliens in it.

This is the End

7/10

Why did u watch it?
I had one friend that kept talking about and I only watched about 30 minutes before I turned it off. So I gave it another shot and it wasn't any better.

This is the End

7/10

Not really. Franco is OK but Rogen just can't shut up.

This is the End

7/10

it was bad. a few funny parts, but that's it.

This is the End

7/10

I can see others not enjoying it as much as I did. It really felt you were hanging out with these guys. The self-effacing humor was off the charts. I thought the Cera scenes were outrageously funny, and I was pretty much sick of him (and his recent deluge of films), but he pulled off an incredible validation in the middle of being one of the bigger ##### in cinematic history.

Again, I can see why some people did not find it funny, but for those that it strikes a chord with, it can potentially be delightful. It was for me. And I rate movies how I think they are

4.24/5 stars

If anyone is watching this movie and then complaining about it, that's about the same as watching Men in Black and then complaining that you don't like it cause it had aliens in it.
:shrug: I've liked the previous movies and the actors.. This one started off great.. Lot's of :lol: moments and then THUD!..

Can't explain it other then after about 30 minutes I was wishing for it to end, yet kept watching HOPING it would get funny again.. Should have just turned it off after 30 minutes..

cosjobs said:
joffer said:
Mr. Mojo said:
This is the End

7/10

I can see others not enjoying it as much as I did. It really felt you were hanging out with these guys. The self-effacing humor was off the charts. I thought the Cera scenes were outrageously funny, and I was pretty much sick of him (and his recent deluge of films), but he pulled off an incredible validation in the middle of being one of the bigger ##### in cinematic history.Again, I can see why some people did not find it funny, but for those that it strikes a chord with, it can potentially be delightful. It was for me. And I rate movies how I think they are

4.24/5 stars
4.24?

:lol:

cosjobs said:
joffer said:
Mr. Mojo said:
This is the End

7/10

I can see others not enjoying it as much as I did. It really felt you were hanging out with these guys. The self-effacing humor was off the charts. I thought the Cera scenes were outrageously funny, and I was pretty much sick of him (and his recent deluge of films), but he pulled off an incredible validation in the middle of being one of the bigger ##### in cinematic history.Again, I can see why some people did not find it funny, but for those that it strikes a chord with, it can potentially be delightful. It was for me. And I rate movies how I think they are

4.24/5 stars
4.24?

The beauty of the five star decimal system.

cosjobs said:
joffer said:
Mr. Mojo said:
This is the End

7/10

4.24/5 stars
4.24?

In that case, I give it a 1.76 out of 5.

cosjobs said:
joffer said:
Mr. Mojo said:
This is the End

7/10

4.24/5 stars
4.24?

Your face is a 1.52 out of 5

cosjobs said:
joffer said:
Mr. Mojo said:
This is the End

7/10

4.24/5 stars
4.24?

Your face is a 1.52 out of 5
:D No need to get mentally irregular just because we disagree on a movie.

Saw a couple recently:

Edge of Tomorrow - good action film. The aliens were pretty interesting in this one.

Hercules - decent but fairly predictable.

(just wrote this in the Netflix thread which has completely evaded me until now)

Anybody watching The 100?

It's got some brutally bad Hunger Games/ Gossip girlish teenage nonsense at the center of the plot- but the rest is like they mashed up BSG (with some of the same actors- and likely same production designers- it looks great), The Postman and Mad Max (minus the cars). Part way into season 2 and I ####### love it, in spite of lots of cringey stuff. If you're into the whole post-apocalyptic thing, with a WTF is really going on subtext- you'll like this.
I watched the first 2 episodes, and was whelmed for the most part. There were some intriguing parts but I had trouble with the teenage angst in space. Will try again
never ever seen that word without "over" or "under" next to it. interesting.

as I mentioned, the teen angst stuff is pretty core to the show- if you can't get by it, it might not be the show for you.

Guardians of the Galaxy - good movie. On par with what Marvel is doing right now. Definitely enjoyable. B+ ***

The Giver - I don't have a problem with it like other critics. Maybe it was a little bland however the book is too. Nothing to write home about but not a horrible movie either. C **

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - pretty good. Not enough "cool" points from the turtles like in the first one back in the day. I liked this one but it is not some spectacular movie either. B- **.5
Just saw GOTG, did not know anything about it. I give it an A and I don't give out A's easily. One of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in a while.
Same for me.
just saw it on a plane. enjoyed it, but had heard raves in here about it... which raised my expectations and lowered my appreciation for it. still enjoyed it quite a bit (knew nothing about the comics- or whatever the origin was for this). I feel some similarities with MIB (the first one) where you kind of know/get the overall story-line, but the writing for the characters and cultural critique elevate it.

oh... also saw Boyhood on the plane, 1/2 on the way down, other half on the way back- but had to fast-forward through the first half so got to see the visual evolution of the characters in fast speed which was cool.

yeah, I'm sure it's been mentioned that plot-wise there's not much there beyond melodrama... but the concept and execution- holy hell... I loved this movie. Still need to figure out why, but it fits right into Linklater's oevre- where you get sucked into the lives of somewhat ordinary people and want the reel to keep going, want to know what happens with everybody after the credits roll. Maybe like with Before Etc, he'll make a followup. I can only hope.

I did keep thinking about the crew on this thing- actors and tech/production people having to work all those years on something and have to wait this long to finally see it and have appreciated the final product. I've worked on projects that take years... can suck the life out of you after a while.

Finally saw Dr Strangelove.

I think the movie was better for individual scenes than as an overall movie. Definitely enjoyable though.

I think the movie was better for individual scenes than as an overall movie. Definitely enjoyable though.
Sgt Batguano... if that really is your name.

yeah- individual scenes are amazing, and maybe better than the overall- but it all works for me. George C Scott, Sellars and absolutely Sterling Hayden destroy every scene they're in... which is pretty much all of them. Top 3 movie for me.

Finally watched it a few months ago. Enjoyed it more than expected after trying to watch it a few times in the past.

Sgt Batguano... if that really is your name.

yeah- individual scenes are amazing, and maybe better than the overall- but it all works for me. George C Scott, Sellars and absolutely Sterling Hayden destroy every scene they're in... which is pretty much all of them. Top 3 movie for me.
What the hell was Sellars doing in the wheel chair not being able to control and hitting his arm? Love it, whatever he was doing

A few I watched over the last week or so:

Monuments Men - As a big art fan, I was excited when this came out but the lukewarm (at best) reviews kept me away. Could have been so much more but an interesting story nonetheless. Not something anyone needs to see though. 1.5/5

Starship Troopers - Isn't this one that a lot of people rave about? I mean, it wasn't bad. I nearly turned it off midway through but am glad I stuck with it. Denise Richards is just so damn cute. I wish she was in the shower scene. 2.5/5

Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects - I had never heard of this Charles Bronson flick. :lmao: He is so over-the-top racist in this towards Japanese (Orientals) Really not that great but it has it's moments. Some cheesy, campy good fun although I did fast forward a bit. 2/5

I Spit on Your Grave (remake) - :shock: ####in brutal. It disturbs me that I can sit through that and somewhat enjoy it. It had me looking away at multiple points. I always loved horror movies the most as a kid. Loved getting scared. While this isn't the same type of scary, there is a little of the same feeling. 2.5/5

Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe - I gave it a good shot. Lots of familiar faces in it, some good performances for what it is. Started off ok but I only made it halfway through. 1/5

Excision - Low budget horror with Traci Lords as a #####y mom to a looney daughter that has psychosexual dreams. Watched for about a half hour and fast forwarded through the good parts. Not worth anyone's time though. 0.5/5

Starship Troopers - Isn't this one that a lot of people rave about? I mean, it wasn't bad. I nearly turned it off midway through but am glad I stuck with it. Denise Richards is just so damn cute. I wish she was in the shower scene. 2.5/5
Here's the thing, go back and rewatch it as a parody of the US response to 9/11. Suddenly it's subversive genius.
That is true genius considering Starship Troopers was released in 1997.

Took advantage of the Starz/Encore free weekend. :D
:goodposting: ended up watching escape plan with Stallone and Arnold.. actually not bad with a decent twist.. 3 out 5.
that was way better than I anticipated
really? I thought this was really bad. Like, really bad. The twist was obvious and the dialogue was just plain dumb.
:shrug: I didn't see the "double" twist coming.. 1. Who he was.. 2. How the other one ended up there.Also, if you are watching a Stallone & Arnold movie and expecting good acting/dialogue then you are doing it wrong. ;)

Tusk - I usually enjoy me some Kevin Smith. But this, other than the brilliant performance by Micheal Parks, just left me flat. The acting is pretty bad with the exception of Mr. Parks, and there is a big celebrity that has an extended cameo, which was just awful IMO.

Liked the plot, the direction and acting left me out of it.

C
If there was ever a movie that screams "WTF did I just watch?", it's this. I've seen Human Caterpillar and a lot of extreme movies but this is something I can't put into words. A combination of serious, heartfelt emotion, slapstick comedy and horror.

Parks was great in it, didn't even recognize him until the end.

I didn't even know that's who the cameo was until I just checked on IMBD. :lol: Best scene in the movie was him and Parks.

2 tusks out of 5 for doing something that's never been done.

Tusk - I usually enjoy me some Kevin Smith. But this, other than the brilliant performance by Micheal Parks, just left me flat. The acting is pretty bad with the exception of Mr. Parks, and there is a big celebrity that has an extended cameo, which was just awful IMO.

Liked the plot, the direction and acting left me out of it.

C
If there was ever a movie that screams "WTF did I just watch?", it's this. I've seen Human Caterpillar and a lot of extreme movies but this is something I can't put into words. A combination of serious, heartfelt emotion, slapstick comedy and horror.

Parks was great in it, didn't even recognize him until the end.

I didn't even know that's who the cameo was until I just checked on IMBD. :lol: Best scene in the movie was him and Parks.

2 tusks out of 5 for doing something that's never been done.
awful. and the cameo bit ruined the movie when it was just starting to get good.

Users who are viewing this thread