What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Retirement From Playing Fantasy Football? (1 Viewer)

And I’m sure I’ll be right back in the mix come draft season.  Maybe my opinion is partly affected by coming off of the worst championship game beat in all the years I’ve been doing this (since 1991).  

Joe, I will say that your site has been invaluable over the years so I thank you for that.

Thank you GB.

Rock on. 

^^ this is so very  true.

thats where the fun begins to erode. there's no more talk like 'hey you mustve done your homework you drafted a great team' . or hey that guy spends a lot of time studying players, matchups, etc.. at this point it's almost better to let the computer do your live draft for you. set your lineup for you.even do waivers for you.many sites have this capability. I wonder if there's anyway to tell if those that auto-draft have higher winning percentages and more championship victories than those who draft by themselves?

you had donors back in the day. the guys who never made the postseason but always paid the entrance fee,waiver fee, etc.

now those donors are winning titles, but not because they got better at this hobby.they got wise.let the computer do it.
Have you ever seen a robodraft roster?

Kicker in the fourth round? Check

Draft four defenses? Check

Only draft two RBs? Sure, why not?

The algorithms are good, but they're not that good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am down to one league - and that league just completed its 29th year and is made up of 12 of us who have been friends since the 1980s...if it ever folds I will be done and just enjoy the game of football.  However with just one league it is manageable compared to 20 years ago when I was managing 8-10 teams.

I have just been playing for fun lately.  Very little money invested.   I actually enjoy just doing pick ems with confidence points more

I used to be this way but the last 2 years i did zero draft prep.   I just don't care that much anymore :shrug:  I started my league in 93?  I did the tons of leagues, watching every play dow to 4 specific leagues that were all different (dynasty, redraft, auction etc) then down to just one dynasty.  Don't know why just don't care anymore.   Maybe because Im just gambling more.  I'll just watch a game.   Theres a lot of things I was super into that I just don't care that much about anymore.   Poker, video games, pro sports, exercise, can't tell you the last baseball game I watched (and I was deep into the game).... maybe I have a condition (half kidding)
I apologize for the unsolicited advice and I’m certainly not a doctor and I don’t know you at all of course, but it’s worth considering if there’s some level of depression effecting you. Unless you’ve replaced all that stuff with other hobbies and interests (which is totally natural), that’s a wide spread of passions to just lose interest in. It might not be a “condition” per se but it’s possible you just need some mental health upkeep GB 👍 

Yeah, but that is a big drawback, as others have said.  It used to be that those of us who did our homework and knew our stuff had an advantage, but that is now gone.  I get it, things have changed and it's not going back to the way it was, but seeing clueless people who did zero homework and then got lucky when it came to injuries winning leagues makes you realize how not fun it is anymore. 
I don’t see it like that at all. 

I’m happy that my league is more competitive. As commish it keeps the league intact. I haven’t had to find a replacement member in 7 years.

Before that there were players & there were donors. And the donors eventually became disgruntled & moved on. I was replacing a league member every 2 years. Now the previously less informed have better access to information, so they draft better & compete better. This year one of them won the league.

And I couldn’t be happier about that. Because it’s not just about my success at FF, it’s about my league’s health & everyone’s enjoyment. 

With the extra game this year, we had a final in-season week 15 where 2 of the 3 divisions were unsettled, & 9/12 teams had a legit shot at the wildcard. (4 playoff teams, LCG week 17) 

Thats sort of parity is what keeps the NFL entertaining, and it surely also kept my league entertaining. 

I’m really puzzled by the premise of your post. You have to have an advantage & play with inferior competition to have fun?  Why? 

Also, wait - I’m now reading that TNF is bad? Why that’s just crazy talk. 

We had that (I think) week 14 where we had football on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday and I was in heaven. 

Gimme 7-day a week football. More days of football is always better. :pickle:

Yeah, but that is a big drawback, as others have said.  It used to be that those of us who did our homework and knew our stuff had an advantage, but that is now gone.  I get it, things have changed and it's not going back to the way it was, but seeing clueless people who did zero homework and then got lucky when it came to injuries winning leagues makes you realize how not fun it is anymore. 
Is luck really something new in FF? It has always been a huge factor and that isn't going to change.

How many people drafted Jonathan Taylor as the #1 RB off the board? Or Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR.

Sure, we expected good things from both but no one expected what they delivered. Luck that no amount of prep changes.

McCaffrey, Henry, Dalvin etc. Luck that no amount of prep changes.

All games of incomplete information are greatly impacted by luck and fantasy football offers some of the least complete information of any game of chance out there.

No website makes up for that with a five-second primer. Putting in the time is still the best way to offset luck over time. Guppies never did that in the past and they aren't going to start now.

I apologize for the unsolicited advice and I’m certainly not a doctor and I don’t know you at all of course, but it’s worth considering if there’s some level of depression effecting you. Unless you’ve replaced all that stuff with other hobbies and interests (which is totally natural), that’s a wide spread of passions to just lose interest in. It might not be a “condition” per se but it’s possible you just need some mental health upkeep GB 👍 
Dont want to side track but i've thought about it..... i dont feel depressed but i also really dont want to do a lot/have interests any more other than TV and golf (and even that isn't that much anymore) :oldunsure:

Dont want to side track but i've thought about it..... i dont feel depressed but i also really dont want to do a lot/have interests any more other than TV and golf (and even that isn't that much anymore) :oldunsure:
Blantons can be your friend.

Definitely worth looking into a little bit, I think it’s natural to go through periods where our old hobbies lose their luster but lack of enthusiasm or interest in really anything in that realm is kind of a red flag for that sort of thing. I’m no expert but we’d probably all be better off if we treated our mental health as just an extension of our physical health, as something that needs check-ups and tune-ups, rather than something we only worry about when there’s a crisis. If you think you might be a little off or even frequently make jokes about it, you’re probably on the right track that there’s something going on. 

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I love the forced parity. I used to be the guy who did the homework and scoured sources for that edge to win leagues. Back when "sleepers" actually existed. That kind of thing. 

Now? I guess I'm older. I have other things I want to do. Love football, love fantasy football, but I want to spend time on other things/people. In days past I'd become the also-ran who gave way to the folks who spend so much more time on it. So I'd either make peace with going nowhere, or I'd drop out entirely. 

Now being "prepared" is easier than ever, so I can spend a fraction of the time I used to invest and still field competitive teams. Earlier me would be embarrassed at how few hours I put into it, but I'm still making the playoffs and even winning every so often. I'm enjoying it, it has its place, I'm doing a bunch of other things and I'm not embarrassing myself with a hopeless team. It works for me. 

I think you still have an edge by being dialed in as opposed to relying on automated assistance. It's just much smaller and isn't as noticeable. And I'm fine with that, but I'm not a hard-core 50-league player or a gambler. So everyone's mileage will vary.

I'm just saying that "different" doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It might take a little adjustment. That's all. 

Neil Beaufort Zod said:
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I love the forced parity. I used to be the guy who did the homework and scoured sources for that edge to win leagues. Back when "sleepers" actually existed. That kind of thing. 

Now? I guess I'm older. I have other things I want to do. Love football, love fantasy football, but I want to spend time on other things/people. In days past I'd become the also-ran who gave way to the folks who spend so much more time on it. So I'd either make peace with going nowhere, or I'd drop out entirely. 

Now being "prepared" is easier than ever, so I can spend a fraction of the time I used to invest and still field competitive teams. Earlier me would be embarrassed at how few hours I put into it, but I'm still making the playoffs and even winning every so often. I'm enjoying it, it has its place, I'm doing a bunch of other things and I'm not embarrassing myself with a hopeless team. It works for me. 

I think you still have an edge by being dialed in as opposed to relying on automated assistance. It's just much smaller and isn't as noticeable. And I'm fine with that, but I'm not a hard-core 50-league player or a gambler. So everyone's mileage will vary.

I'm just saying that "different" doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. It might take a little adjustment. That's all. 

I think you're in the majority, not the minority. Tons of people love fantasy football and approach it exactly like this. From music to investing to fantasy football, it's how the world works now for a great many people using the benefits of technology to create more time for other valuable things. 

Keep crushing it. On your terms. 

Chaka said:
No website makes up for that with a five-second primer. Putting in the time is still the best way to offset luck over time. Guppies never did that in the past and they aren't going to start now.

Completely agree with this too. A site like Footballguys is a tool to be used by the GM. It won't do it for you. And some people use tools better than others. Or do more work with them. A paint brush and canvas in the hand of a novice goofing around will produce different results than a paint brush l in the hand of a motivated artist who works diligently. 

What I think some folks miss is there can be tons of enjoyment in both. 

Chaka said:
Is luck really something new in FF? It has always been a huge factor and that isn't going to change.

How many people drafted Jonathan Taylor as the #1 RB off the board? Or Cooper Kupp as the #1 WR.

Sure, we expected good things from both but no one expected what they delivered. Luck that no amount of prep changes.

McCaffrey, Henry, Dalvin etc. Luck that no amount of prep changes.

All games of incomplete information are greatly impacted by luck and fantasy football offers some of the least complete information of any game of chance out there.

Luck certainly isn't new, but it seems pretty clear that there's more than ever now (primarily, but not solely, due to covid). I do think (hope) that part of the equation will be greatly reduced in the future.

I think his larger point is that the return on your time is significantly diminished nowadays. It used to give you a substantial advantage to actually watch the games, the post game interviews/analysis, local beat writers, etc. Now there are 1000 places doing all of that work for you and spoon feeding everyone the information.

So sure, there is still some edge to putting in the work, but it's far smaller than it used to be, almost to the point of not even being worth it. For the more casual players who didn't put in a ton of time before it's likely a good thing and increases their enjoyment, but for more serious players who did, it's likely the opposite. IMO.

So sure, there is still some edge to putting in the work, but it's far smaller than it used to be, almost to the point of not even being worth it. For the more casual players who didn't put in a ton of time before it's likely a good thing and increases their enjoyment, but for more serious players who did, it's likely the opposite. IMO.
Join some DEVY leagues.  The college angle gives you an advantage if you do some research.

Luck certainly isn't new, but it seems pretty clear that there's more than ever now (primarily, but not solely, due to covid). I do think (hope) that part of the equation will be greatly reduced in the future.

I think his larger point is that the return on your time is significantly diminished nowadays. It used to give you a substantial advantage to actually watch the games, the post game interviews/analysis, local beat writers, etc. Now there are 1000 places doing all of that work for you and spoon feeding everyone the information.

I also think there's good discussion to be had about "work". Lots of people enjoy the research that goes into helping them win. more. They don't see it as a chore.  They see it as something they enjoy knowing more about. Not much different than music or movies or food or politics or whatever it is you like talking about. 

I would argue that the overabundance of people & sites offering to "do the work for you" clouds the picture just as much as sharpens it. 

If I learned anything running the WDIS thread it's if you have three options you're going to get thirty opinions about which is the best one.

Information is more readily available, but that doesn't make it easier. Just louder.

The only place where I feel my hard work advantage has been reduced over the years is in "breaking" news. I think it was 2006 when Byron Leftwich lost his job to David Garrard. Del Rio was publicly saying it was an ankle injury issue. Florio at PFT, which may not have been even a full year old at the time, was reporting that his sources were telling him it was actually a benching. No one in my league was reading PFT and ESPN wasn't reporting it. I remember I had a good 3-5 days (maybe it was over a week) to think over the info and make a decision on acquiring Garrard. Nowadays it's blasted out to the universe and you have to act fast. 

But with so much info constantly being blasted I find my advantage comes from filtering the noise into relevant bits.

I would argue that the overabundance of people & sites offering to "do the work for you" clouds the picture just as much as sharpens it. 

If I learned anything running the WDIS thread it's if you have three options you're going to get thirty opinions about which is the best one.

Information is more readily available, but that doesn't make it easier. Just louder.

The only place where I feel my hard work advantage has been reduced over the years is in "breaking" news. I think it was 2006 when Byron Leftwich lost his job to David Garrard. Del Rio was publicly saying it was an ankle injury issue. Florio at PFT, which may not have been even a full year old at the time, was reporting that his sources were telling him it was actually a benching. No one in my league was reading PFT and ESPN wasn't reporting it. I remember I had a good 3-5 days (maybe it was over a week) to think over the info and make a decision on acquiring Garrard. Nowadays it's blasted out to the universe and you have to act fast. 

But with so much info constantly being blasted I find my advantage comes from filtering the noise into relevant bits.
I noticed this too when in the WDIS thread.  A lot of the questions are super tough and there really isn't a "clear" answer.  You will get different opinions.

I watch a lot of youtube and I get opinions from all over the place and not just from FBG.  You would be amazed at the divergence of opinion out there.  Eventually, you need to draw a line in the sand and make a call and own it.  Believe in your process.  Sometimes you won't get it right.

Joe Bryant said:
It's about what you do with the information. 

Seems what you do with the information is obvious a vast majority of the time nowadays.  It is already broken down for you.  You don't have to know the tendencies as a poster above mentioned - you can't not know them.

If your sources have conflicts, or if the call is close, or if somehow the information is lacking... I'd say you are leaning on luck more than your information at this point.  Even when you do, you are relying on luck not to change the variables you made your decision on.

We are, in the end, talking about predicting the future.  

Agree.

Remember the days where default rankings were absolute junk (although not on FBGs)? The platform rankings were such a disaster you could gain a HUGE advantage there on draft day. Also, on a weekly basis the platforms now do a decent job with projections to the point where there competitive to what I see on FBGs. It's to the point now where the casual owner can more or less auto pilot the entire season and still remain competitive.

Miss the old days.

Agree.

Remember the days where default rankings were absolute junk (although not on FBGs)? The platform rankings were such a disaster you could gain a HUGE advantage there on draft day. Also, on a weekly basis the platforms now do a decent job with projections to the point where there competitive to what I see on FBGs. It's to the point now where the casual owner can more or less auto pilot the entire season and still remain competitive.

Miss the old days.
I do as well.

One way to mitigate against luck is to have deeper starting lineups. When you have to start 10/12 players vs. 7 or 8- it makes a big difference.

Just seeing the amount of posting in this thread says a lot. Some are wondering what might push them over the edge while others seem to be steadfast in not budging. I think all will agree it is not now what it once was.

These days what is? All things change. Red Light Green Light is now way more interesting to most as a death defying show of courage then the once silly game of yore.

Luck factors in all things I think.

I also think there's good discussion to be had about "work". Lots of people enjoy the research that goes into helping them win. more. They don't see it as a chore.  They see it as something they enjoy knowing more about. Not much different than music or movies or food or politics or whatever it is you like talking about. 
Sure, different strokes and all, but there are also lots of people (far more, I'd say) that prefer to be "rewarded" for all of their "work". I think that's what many in here are doing, expressing their frustration that they put way more into it than others and know far more but it isn't nearly as much of an advantage as it used to be.

WDIS hasn't changed though, it's always been a bit of a crapshoot. What has changed is the effort required to gather all of the information/opinions/projections/historical data- everything is at your fingertips now, much of it is even being pushed out to you.

Again, not saying it's impossible to gain an advantage, it's just the advantage is much smaller than it used to be IMO. Like I said, some/many prefer it that way, but it is what it is. Those who put in the extra work previously had all kinds of information that others did not, now that big edge is essentially gone and you're only left with what to do with it.

Sure, different strokes and all, but there are also lots of people (far more, I'd say) that prefer to be "rewarded" for all of their "work". I think that's what many in here are doing, expressing their frustration that they put way more into it than others and know far more but it isn't nearly as much of an advantage as it used to be.

WDIS hasn't changed though, it's always been a bit of a crapshoot. What has changed is the effort required to gather all of the information/opinions/projections/historical data- everything is at your fingertips now, much of it is even being pushed out to you.

Again, not saying it's impossible to gain an advantage, it's just the advantage is much smaller than it used to be IMO. Like I said, some/many prefer it that way, but it is what it is. Those who put in the extra work previously had all kinds of information that others did not, now that big edge is essentially gone and you're only left with what to do with it.

Of course. Again, it goes back to defining "work". If it truly feels like work, then by all means cut back on that if it's not fun or worth it. 

Mainly, I just hope folks play the game however it's best for them and gives them the most enjoyment. In my opinion, that's mostly what fantasy football is all about. 

Almost quit FF this past season...trying to decide on next season. I use to be in 5 leagues and could name just about every starter on all nfl teams on offense and defense. Don't watch many games any more. The whole kneeling/social justice issue (while not allowing messages supporting likes of police) including messages on helmets and fields; while mixed messages of Covid health/masking but allowing full stadiums just all has tempered my interest.

I quit about 8 years ago.  I started playing in 1993.  We would do the points based off the printed game stats in the Washington Post the following day.   You had the day to total yours and your opponents, and had to agree on points per team.  The commish would settle a dispute with their handy calculator, or perhaps on Louts 123.  No cell phones.  A couple of years later we used this new thing called Microsoft Outlook to email the agreed on scores to the commish.  New people to the league had no idea what was going on.  One guy drafted Chip Lohmiller with the first pick cause he had scored the most points the year before.  Nothing like a kicker going #1 overall.  Another new guy later drafted Steve Young in Rd 1 and Daunte Culpepper in Rd 2.  I think it was them anyway ... and both went down with season ending injuries by week 3.   Those were the fun days.  It became so much less fun when draft dominator software came about.  Everyone picked pretty much how the machine said to.  And it got boring.  So I haven't played in about 8 years.

The thing that I couldn't believe is after dwindling it down to a few meaningful leagues and finally only to one, then none, I WAS FREE.

The sheer amount of time you end up with for more meaningful things, make you quickly realize how much time you occupied/wasted on it. Also, the actual game of football itself became more enjoyable again -- did not see that coming..

I figured this would be a 1-3 year break, tops. but it was just the opposite.  By far the biggest part of ending FF were the unintended benefits that came from it.  Did not expect that. 

NO plans to play it again, but it was fun when I was young for a couple decades.

NO plans to play it again, but it was fun when I was young for a couple decades.

Congrats? 

Always good for folks to find what works for them. I'm glad that's working for you. I've zero interest in trying to change anyone's mind that doesn't want to be here.

But for us here, this is a board where we talk about playing and enjoying football. Specifically fantasy football.

This forum represents our business at Footballguys and it's how I make my almost all my income to support my family. So for those here that do want to continue playing and enjoying the game. We'll keep doing that here. 

The thing that I couldn't believe is after dwindling it down to a few meaningful leagues and finally only to one, then none, I WAS FREE.

The sheer amount of time you end up with for more meaningful things, make you quickly realize how much time you occupied/wasted on it. Also, the actual game of football itself became more enjoyable again -- did not see that coming..

As the OP of this thread, I'm still assessing my situation, but this rings true for me.

I've felt FREE this week.

I know many seem to have a reasonable balance on time invested vs. enjoyment, but it's clear I don't. Despite the fact that I've won two of the last three championships and have been in three finals in a row, this hobby feels like it's become a job.

Instead of over analyzing waiver pickups/priority, watching for Covid news to take advantage of an opportunity, trying to block my opponent, and agonizing over decisions, my brain has been on cruise control. I've also slept 7 hours straight for the first time in months.

Actually reading a book.

Man...I think I'm cooked. Done. 

As the OP of this thread, I'm still assessing my situation, but this rings true for me.

I've felt FREE this week.

I know many seem to have a reasonable balance on time invested vs. enjoyment, but it's clear I don't. Despite the fact that I've won two of the last three championships and have been in three finals in a row, this hobby feels like it's become a job.

Instead of over analyzing waiver pickups/priority, watching for Covid news to take advantage of an opportunity, trying to block my opponent, and agonizing over decisions, my brain has been on cruise control. I've also slept 7 hours straight for the first time in months.

Actually reading a book.

Man...I think I'm cooked. Done. 

Thanks. We'll be here if things change for you and you want to come back and talk Fantasy Football. All the best to you. :thumbup:

I definitely have seen a new twist like that get folks fired up. 

Something like a Super Flex or a different scoring tweak can often spice things up.
Yep, I'm excited. I'd fretted about adding another team (I'll probably have three dynasty and two redraft next year). But in the end, I decided that it's sort of my goal to give my leagues the best attention I can and to go from there. I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't have a perfect winning percentage here, or win a championship, nor will I fret and agonize over every decision made. Nobody should be due to the nature of dynasty. That's sort of what I decided and am comfortable with it.

The dynasty league I'm in now at Zealots isn't tremendously active, though new GMs have livened it up from what it was, which was really dormant. So I think I'll be able to handle the amount of teams I have. What I worry about is my life situation changing and me needing to abandon a team after year's end. I don't want to do that. But I think any significant life changes will be beyond the year timeframe. Unless I become a titan of industry or sage of service providers, I'm going to have the time. 

New formats just encourage me to learn more about the game and about FF in greater detail. A lot of it is this place: I see so many guys with questions about Superflex leagues in here, and the music/football draft in the FFA is often a Superflex league, so I figured I was familiar enough and could stand to learn a bit more about the actual workings of it from a dynasty perspective. 

Yep, I'm excited. I'd fretted about adding another team (I'll probably have three dynasty and two redraft next year). But in the end, I decided that it's sort of my goal to give my leagues the best attention I can and to go from there. I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't have a perfect winning percentage here, or win a championship, nor will I fret and agonize over every decision made. Nobody should be due to the nature of dynasty. That's sort of what I decided and am comfortable with it.

The dynasty league I'm in now at Zealots isn't tremendously active, though new GMs have livened it up from what it was, which was really dormant. So I think I'll be able to handle the amount of teams I have. What I worry about is my life situation changing and me needing to abandon a team after year's end. I don't want to do that. But I think any significant life changes will be beyond the year timeframe. Unless I become a titan of industry or sage of service providers, I'm going to have the time. 

New formats just encourage me to learn more about the game and about FF in greater detail. A lot of it is this place: I see so many guys with questions about Superflex leagues in here, and the music/football draft in the FFA is often a Superflex league, so I figured I was familiar enough and could stand to learn a bit more about the actual workings of it from a dynasty perspective. 

I love Super Flex. You should start a new thread on it as I think lots of folks are either into it or thinking a lot about it. 

I love Super Flex. You should start a new thread on it as I think lots of folks are either into it or thinking a lot about it. 
I just have an issue where the QB position is too overvalued.  When mediocre QBs are more valuable than stud WRs, I have issue with that.  Not to mention you have to sell your first born to get a stud QB.  Nothing says FF should be just like the NFL when it comes to valuing QBs.  I'm sorry, I don't get it.  Please enlighten me as to why you like SF so much.

I just have an issue where the QB position is too overvalued.  When mediocre QBs are more valuable than stud WRs, I have issue with that.  Not to mention you have to sell your first born to get a stud QB.  Nothing says FF should be just like the NFL when it comes to valuing QBs.  I'm sorry, I don't get it.  Please enlighten me as to why you like SF so much.

I love it for that reason as it more mirrors the real NFL. But if you think they're too overvalued, adjust the scoring down. That's an easy fix. 

Or better, stay with one QB. Main thing is do what YOU like. 

I love it for that reason as it more mirrors the real NFL. But if you think they're too overvalued, adjust the scoring down. That's an easy fix. 

Or better, stay with one QB. Main thing is do what YOU like. 
My guess is that most SF leagues don't adjust scoring for QB down, thus keeping mediocre QBs being more valuable than stud WRs and some stud RBs.

This year was my first year without any competitive money leagues.  On a scale of 1-10 on how much I missed it, with 1 being I don't miss it at all, I'll give it a 0.  

My guess is that most SF leagues don't adjust scoring for QB down, thus keeping mediocre QBs being more valuable than stud WRs and some stud RBs.

That's the beauty of fantasy football though. Make the scoring however you want so they have the value you want. 

Or just stick to the traditional 1 QB if that's your preference.

For me, I love the added importance it puts on QBs so that's why I do it. 

That's the beauty of fantasy football though. Make the scoring however you want so they have the value you want. 

Or just stick to the traditional 1 QB if that's your preference.

For me, I love the added importance it puts on QBs so that's why I do it. 
Fair enough.  I seem to be in the minority on this.  Perhaps my opinion will change over time.  

Fair enough.  I seem to be in the minority on this.  Perhaps my opinion will change over time.  

Or not! That's the beauty of fantasy football. You play it like YOU like it! 

As long as you can get enough other people in your league that agree with the rules, you're all set!

I have some friends that still LOVE their TD only league. And I love it that they love it. 

Or not! That's the beauty of fantasy football. You play it like YOU like it! 

As long as you can get enough other people in your league that agree with the rules, you're all set!

I have some friends that still LOVE their TD only league. And I love it that they love it. 
Sorry Joe, but I must insist that you and everyone else think like I do!!!  

jk

I listen to the fantasy channel on xm radio in the car. That time would be spent listening to music. I'm not really missing out on much.  I watch most of my football on the treadmill unless I'm meeting up with friends to watch a game.  If anything it encourages me to stay active.  I have two groups of friends i stay in touch with because of fantasy football. One group lives all around my state, the other all around the east coast but we manage to get together and keep group texts going.  I don't watch every minute of every game or watch highlights obsessively.  I don't feel obligated to watch big games if i don't feel like watching football.  I do try to block out a couple hours on Sunday to watch red zone on the treadmill, the end of the early games is always* fun. If it feels like work then and you don't get anything from it then don't do it. If you enjoy the friendships but not the effort then pay for a subscription and just pick who they tell you to pick.  I get why people who have only ever played anonymous online leagues with strangers would quit or people with really negative experiences with home leagues but as we get older there's not much i like better than the chances to do fun things that don't matter with people who do

* not always

I listen to the fantasy channel on xm radio in the car. That time would be spent listening to music. I'm not really missing out on much.  I watch most of my football on the treadmill unless I'm meeting up with friends to watch a game.  If anything it encourages me to stay active.  I have two groups of friends i stay in touch with because of fantasy football. One group lives all around my state, the other all around the east coast but we manage to get together and keep group texts going.  I don't watch every minute of every game or watch highlights obsessively.  I don't feel obligated to watch big games if i don't feel like watching football.  I do try to block out a couple hours on Sunday to watch red zone on the treadmill, the end of the early games is always* fun. If it feels like work then and you don't get anything from it then don't do it. If you enjoy the friendships but not the effort then pay for a subscription and just pick who they tell you to pick.  I get why people who have only ever played anonymous online leagues with strangers would quit or people with really negative experiences with home leagues but as we get older there's not much i like better than the chances to do fun things that don't matter with people who do

* not always

Preach.

I just added a Superflex dynasty league. 

Excited. I feel bad for all you burnt out shriveled crisps. 

Heh. Ha! 
A good friend of mine (along with his FF obsessed wife) joined a SF IDP Dynasty this past season. 

They said that during the draft, they had a WALL of their house covered in post-its. Like a real NFL draft room. 60 man rosters, + a developmental taxi squad. 

On the one hand, holy crap that's crazy. On the other hand, I'm a little jelly as it sounds like a lot of fun. :lol:  

A good friend of mine (along with his FF obsessed wife) joined a SF IDP Dynasty this past season. 

They said that during the draft, they had a WALL of their house covered in post-its. Like a real NFL draft room. 60 man rosters, + a developmental taxi squad. 

On the one hand, holy crap that's crazy. On the other hand, I'm a little jelly as it sounds like a lot of fun. :lol:  
Bad news. It was a guy from the league that contacted me, and not the commissioner or czar. I was second on the waiting list and the guy jumped the gun. The first on the list took the team. 

No Sflex for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread