What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rolling with Pierre in the Bowl? (1 Viewer)

PitBoss55

Footballguy
Pierre Thomas / New Orleans RB

I know he didn't GET you to the Championship game, but a lot of you have to be salivating at the prospect of being able to activate him for your championship game if you're lucky enough to have him on your bench.

edited by Mark Wimer to add that Bush is now on IR

Last edited by a moderator:
Pierre Thomas / New Orleans RBI know he didn't GET you to the Championship game, but a lot of you have to be salivating at the prospect of being able to activate him for your championship game if you're lucky enough to have him on your bench.
I bet someone out there got to the championship thanks to Pierre. In my league has has produced 26, 24, 12, and 23 points that last four weeks. That has to be good for top 5 among all running backs the last four weeks.

I know he didn't GET you to the Championship game, but a lot of you have to be salivating at the prospect of being able to activate him for your championship game if you're lucky enough to have him on your bench.
I bet someone out there got to the championship thanks to Pierre. In my league has has produced 26, 24, 12, and 23 points that last four weeks. That has to be good for top 5 among all running backs the last four weeks.
:kicksrock:

He didn't get me to the playoffs but he's sure as heck helped get me to the championship!!

I'm starting Pierre and Turner.

I have to choose between:

Pierre at Det

SJax vs 49ers

Turner at Minny

Pierre is a given - I am torn betwixt the other two options

Pierre Thomas / New Orleans RBI know he didn't GET you to the Championship game, but a lot of you have to be salivating at the prospect of being able to activate him for your championship game if you're lucky enough to have him on your bench.
I have Colston going too. I started with Portis, Turner and Forte. Will probably sit Portis this week. Lovie thinks Forte will be fine by monday.

There's always more than 1 player on a championship team but so far for my team, he's the MVP. I've started him for at least 5 weeks in a row and he was playing solid but the last 2 have been money. Two weeks ago in our first week of the playoffs, I barely won and he came thru with 2 td's and 100 yards rushing. That was unexpected with Reggie Bush in the lineup and actually being the RB who got the TD first. Last week wasn't an easy matchup versus the Bears, who were No. 6 against the run and playing at home in a must win game......with Reggie playing. He comes through with 2 more TD's 80 something yards and 50 something receiving.Now in the championship game versus the Lions and no Reggie Bush, it's almost too good to be true. How does he not get 100 yards rushing, 2 td's and 40 yards receiving? Of course the answer is you have to play the game and nobody gives you anything but unless the guy gets hurt, how does he not have a big day. Those who have started him along the way should be rewarded with a nice point total from Thomas.

He also does kick returns...in leagues that reward that he's got a great chance to be the top rb of week 16.

Pierre and DWill are rolling for me in the Championship Game -- two backs you'd have thought at the beginning of the season would be nowhere near "must starts."

Will have to decide between LJ and Ronnie Brown in the flex as they face off against each other.

I know Reggie was getting an MRI, but has anyone heard any news on his status for this week.

Either way, I'm going with the Frenchman this week.

Absolutely I am playing him. I was able to use Rhodes v the Lions this week so now it's Pierre's turn in Week 16.

Tough choices this week, but picking Thomas@DET and Slaton@OAK over Lynch@DEN and Turner@MIN. Something which, had you told me sixteen weeks ago, I would have laughed at. I love this game.

There's always more than 1 player on a championship team but so far for my team, he's the MVP. I've started him for at least 5 weeks in a row and he was playing solid but the last 2 have been money. Two weeks ago in our first week of the playoffs, I barely won and he came thru with 2 td's and 100 yards rushing. That was unexpected with Reggie Bush in the lineup and actually being the RB who got the TD first. Last week wasn't an easy matchup versus the Bears, who were No. 6 against the run and playing at home in a must win game......with Reggie playing. He comes through with 2 more TD's 80 something yards and 50 something receiving.Now in the championship game versus the Lions and no Reggie Bush, it's almost too good to be true. How does he not get 100 yards rushing, 2 td's and 40 yards receiving? Of course the answer is you have to play the game and nobody gives you anything but unless the guy gets hurt, how does he not have a big day. Those who have started him along the way should be rewarded with a nice point total from Thomas.
I could see the Lions definitely playing a spirited game. They likely do not want to be 0-16. Not saying I wouldn't start him, but I'm not sure I'd be benching Turner, Jax, CJ3, Lynch etc for him like some people are.

where does this pierre go in the draft next year? :thumbup:
In a straight up redraft I would pull the trigger at the middle second in anything even as small as a ten teamer. IMO Thomas is the future of the NO ground game for the next 2 years and the coaching staff is sold. In my keeper/redraft hybrid league he's my R16 pick in 2009. Yay! I don't see why so many scouts missed on this guy coming out. Any ideas? Was everybody just blinded by Mendenhall's otherworldly talent? :lmao: FWIW Pierre Thomas was the line in the sand of my RB corps after I traded away Leon Washington after week 5 and Felix Jones, FWP, and Reggie Bush became useless soon thereafter. Thomas contributed greatly to my third place finish out of 14. Unfortunately, the points I left on my bench at QB and IDP also contributed to my third place finish.

I could see the Lions definitely playing a spirited game. They likely do not want to be 0-16. Not saying I wouldn't start him, but I'm not sure I'd be benching Turner, Jax, CJ3, Lynch etc for him like some people are.
The Lions have played spirited games the last two weeks and still given up a lot of damage on the ground. Of all the weaknesses Detroit has, run defense is the biggest. Even if they win the game, the Lions are still probably going to give up at least 100 and a TD on the ground.

I've got Pierre, ADP, and Westbrook and I can start two of them. This is a tough tough choice. But one I am glad to be making.

I'm starting Thomas, but it always makes me nervous when a RB is expected to have a huge game against a certain team. Everyone thought Peterson would just torch the Lions a couple of weeks ago and he really didn't. I'll start Thomas and see how it plays out.

The guy with Reggie bush lost by one point in the semis ....i was looking forward to playing him....I have Pierre in my other league where I am out of the playoffs but leading in points. Pierre will explode this week. ;)

I'm starting Thomas, but it always makes me nervous when a RB is expected to have a huge game against a certain team. Everyone thought Peterson would just torch the Lions a couple of weeks ago and he really didn't. I'll start Thomas and see how it plays out.
I'll just say this. I started CJ3 v the Lions and reaped the rewards. I started Rhodes v the Lions and again got a great game. I am starting Pierre v the Lions this week. Deuce and Reggie are both hurt so he is going to get a ton of touches. Plus he has been on fire v better defenses over the last two weeks.ETA: Plus remember that Childress doesn't coach the Saints and Brees will not allow the Lions to stack the box as they could against the Vikings.

(KFFL) Larry Holder, of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, reports New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) may sit out the team's final two games with a knee injury.

(KFFL) Larry Holder, of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, reports New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush (knee) may sit out the team's final two games with a knee injury.
Makes sense. Saints are out of playoff contention so why risk it. Plus, it gives the Saints more time to look at Pierre to figure out whether he can carry the RB load next year as Deuce's replacement.

I have Thomas, and I love the matchup, but I also have Westbrook and T. Jones. I don't think I can bench them.

Thomas has a strong offense around him, and I suspect Detroit would focus more on stopping the passing game than the running game. With Peterson, you'd think it would be the opposite in terms of game-planning. As an aside, Pierre Thomas is doing what Tim Hightower should have been doing for the last several weeks.

The flip side is Dominic Rhodes against the Lions.

With Chris Johnson facing a brutal matchup and Joseph Addai being ... well ... Joseph Addai, Thomas will be my RB1 this week.

Crazy game this can be.

Pierre will be in all of my lineups this week, over guys like DeAngelo, Portis, Barber, etc.

FFFanaticc said:
Rhodes could have had an even bigger game. Simpson vultured one short TD and Manning threw a TD pass from the 3. Thomas has no worries about losing TD carries if Bush doesn't play and if he's still running great he has a better chance of getting a first-down carry at the 3 then Rhodes might have. And then there's the Thanksgiving game where Johnson and White both went off against the Lions and combined for for TDs.I'm biased as a Thomas owner but if Bush doesn't play, I could see Thomas being the No. 1 scoring RB this week. That's not a joke or hyperbole. The matchup is that good.

Pierre was a HUGE part of both my Championship runs! Ive been starting him the last four weeks due to SJax being out and he has been MONEY! You couldnt pay me to not start this guy...especially in my PPR league.

Brees: Nothing to play for but stats = 450 yards passing, 4 TDs. Pierre should get at least one of them.

FFFanaticc said:
Rhodes could have had an even bigger game. Simpson vultured one short TD and Manning threw a TD pass from the 3.
Yeah but Dallas Clark was tackled on the 1 and Reggie Wayne on the 2 (spoked by a bitter Manning owner here) so it just as easily could have been a big 0 in the TD dept.

FFFanaticc said:
Rhodes could have had an even bigger game. Simpson vultured one short TD and Manning threw a TD pass from the 3.
Yeah but Dallas Clark was tackled on the 1 and Reggie Wayne on the 2 (spoked by a bitter Manning owner here) so it just as easily could have been a big 0 in the TD dept.
If that would've happened, then Rhodes doesn't get vultured by Simpson and Rhodes gets the first-down carry at the 3 instead of Manning throwing the TD pass. So Rhodes still ends up with 2 TDs.I'm a glass is half full guy. :boxing:

I've got Pierre, ADP, and Westbrook and I can start two of them. This is a tough tough choice. But one I am glad to be making.
Ya, that's insane. What's insane is that I would NOT bench Pierre Thomas making you bench one of the other two.In fact, the guy I'm playing in the championship game has ADP. In the midst of some smack talk, we now have a side bet for 50 bucks on overall points PPR scoring P. Thomas versus ADP.I see 100 yards rushing, 2 td's, 5 receptions for 40 yards minimum. That's 31 points, tough for any RB to overcome.....although ADP could do it. It's a fun bet, one I think I'll collect.

The Lions have played spirited games the last two weeks and still given up a lot of damage on the ground. Of all the weaknesses Detroit has, run defense is the biggest. Even if they win the game, the Lions are still probably going to give up at least 100 and a TD on the ground.
The best thing you could hope for here is a fight from the Lions and a potential shoot out. You'll want constant touches and game action. This guy does it all so it's hard to not like this play....He can: Rush, Catch passes, Short GL work, Kick Returns, Grinder Yards, bust a long one! But then again I just got into our Championship game beacause Westbrook didn't get a mere 12 points last night so the game doesn't always play out they way we picture it. A lot of weapons on that team, but there's a good probability that a lot of touches run through PT!

puckalicious said:
Brees: Nothing to play for but stats = 450 yards passing, 4 TDs. Pierre should get at least one of them.
NO! I'm playing against Brees for all the marbles.
That's a tough break bud. The only way the Lions stop Brees is if he's confused as to which open receiver to throw to.I get to start Drew, Pierre, and Calvin in this game. I know no one cares, but I'm pretty stoked about it.I'll be watching... :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread