What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saddest fast food place to eat alone? (1 Viewer)

Taco Bell is super cheap?  I can't get out of there without spending $13, and that's just for me.
yeah, it used to be cheap ...not anymore.  I can load up for $6-$7 at McDonalds, not so much at Taco Bell.

over a buck a dinky, non-supreme taco ...

the burritos have gotten a lot smaller than the old days too - but I'll still hammer a couple chili-cheese burritos for $2/each

####in $4 for crunchwrap supreme.  

Taco Bell is super cheap?  I can't get out of there without spending $13, and that's just for me.
I make a killing off the dollar menu.  The Beefy Fritos burrito is pretty big and they have "mini" chicken or beef quesadillas that are pretty good.  

I'll agree, though, if you're ordering anything else it's kind of pricey.  I really love the queso crunch taco but I think it's $3ish just by itself.  Totally not worth it.  When they have the $5 box that has that bad boy, though, I'm all over it.

yeah, it used to be cheap ...not anymore.  I can load up for $6-$7 at McDonalds, not so much at Taco Bell.

over a buck a dinky, non-supreme taco ...

the burritos have gotten a lot smaller than the old days too - but I'll still hammer a couple chili-cheese burritos for $2/each

####in $4 for crunchwrap supreme.  
Yeah, I remember about 20 years ago, a buddy of mine telling me he went to Taco Bell after drinking one night and he spent almost $20.  We were like, "WTH?  Did you buy two of everything?!?"

But now it seems like that has gone the way of the cheap Las Vegas buffet.  

Couple of local burger joints. Good food, great shakes, but the inside is dark, dank and sad. Usually get food to go, but the times I eat there, depressing

Word. I had a friend that liked cafeteria all-you-cans and such. I have no idea why he did like them so, but decided to humor his taste and taste them on my own. Holy heck, in the words of EL-P, oh my.   
If you like all you can eat, I highly recommend this place. I mean, look at the pies available:

Apple

Cherry

Blueberry

Peach

Pecan

Cheese Cake

Boston Cream

Egg Custard

Coconut Custard

Chocolate Merinque

Lemon Merinque

Coconut Merinque

Peanut Butter Merinque

Chocolate Chip Pecan

French Apple

Shoo Fly

Other Pies Vary By Season
And there's no skimping either; multiple plates of multiple different pies are available at the same time.

I make a killing off the dollar menu.  The Beefy Fritos burrito is pretty big and they have "mini" chicken or beef quesadillas that are pretty good.  

I'll agree, though, if you're ordering anything else it's kind of pricey.  I really love the queso crunch taco but I think it's $3ish just by itself.  Totally not worth it.  When they have the $5 box that has that bad boy, though, I'm all over it.
There is no way I can go to Taco Bell and not order a Cheesy Gordita Crunch.  I'm pretty sure that crack is up to $8 by itself.  

our local Taco Bell charges $6 for the $5 box.

I am not kidding.  

H. Salt Fish and Chips----this might be a Southern California thing---and this might sound a little "hot take-ish"--but this is not about the food.  The food at H. Salt is pretty decent for fast food.  The sad part about eating here alone is that virtually every location that I'm familiar with in Southern California is in a very depressed, uncared for strip mall.    Like legit--their locations breed sadness.   I would for sure eat there every now and then if going to them wasn't so depressing.  

There is a note in small writing at the bottom of the menu that says the franchisee can charge differently than a nationally advertised price.  Guy seems like a real ****. 
Reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg routine.  

Every McDonald's commercial ends the same way, right? "Prices and participation may vary." I wanna open a McDonald's and not participate in anything. I wanna be a stubborn McDonald's owner. Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti! And blankets!

Reminds me of that Mitch Hedberg routine.  

Every McDonald's commercial ends the same way, right? "Prices and participation may vary." I wanna open a McDonald's and not participate in anything. I wanna be a stubborn McDonald's owner. Cheeseburgers? Nope. We got spaghetti! And blankets!
Awesome. RIP to a mother####er, you know. And not a mother####er, but a good soul.  

All the fast food answers surprise me. I would feel way more awkward/uncomfortable/lonely eating at a sit-down place all by myself as opposed to stopping at Burger King on my lunch break or something.
I really enjoy going to nice steakhouses and sitting at the bar alone and ordering a whiskey or three and good steak. I do it quite often on the road.

But, alas, this is the "fast food lonely thread," as others pointed out.

Geez, I hope not in NY.
There was a WC here in Long Island that was exactly between my GF’s and my house when we were dating.  I’d drop her off late and on the way home be like “don’t do it, don’t turn left, don’t turn left, don’t....#### I’m turning left! (Into the WC parking lot)

thankfully that’s back when i was young and active and could eat anything and not gain a pound. Today,  not so much 

I agree. Last time I went, the salad bar was full of good choices. There are plenty of healthy options available. It's the obese people that make the visit less enjoyable
At least you know that there won’t be a line for the salad bar there.  Bonus! 

There was a WC here in Long Island that was exactly between my GF’s and my house when we were dating.  I’d drop her off late and on the way home be like “don’t do it, don’t turn left, don’t turn left, don’t....#### I’m turning left! (Into the WC parking lot)

thankfully that’s back when i was young and active and could eat anything and not gain a pound. Today,  not so much 
i go to lynbrook, sunrise hwy. whenever humanly possibly.  pysched to be going 5/14 next.

I really enjoy going to nice steakhouses and sitting at the bar alone and ordering a whiskey or three and good steak. I do it quite often on the road.

But, alas, this is the "fast food lonely thread," as others pointed out.
Sitting at a bar, whether it's a drinking or breakfast bar, is much better than being tucked in the corner by yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread