What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Setting your alarm to wake up (1 Viewer)

I set my alarm

• When it’s time to wake up so I get as much uninterrupted rest as possible.

Votes: 60 57.7%
  • Before it’s time to wake up so I can purposefully hit the snooze button

Votes: 44 42.3%

• Total voters
I was a major snoozer my entire adult life. In fact, I modified my snooze alarm to be every 15 minutes instead of the traditional 9 minutes. I would regularly snooze for 45 minutes to an hour almost every morning that I had to wake up to an alarm. Over the holidays I had read some interesting tidbits on getting proper sleep. So as a 2022 NY's Resolution, I now set my alarm and have forced myself not to snooze. Through the first 20 days...it's been successful. So I now set for maximum sleep time before getting ready in the mornings.

Steady Mooobin said:
To be fair I don’t need an alarm except for the rare occasions I take a nap or there is something like a fishing trip or flight where I have to get up at an unusual time. Even then I usually wake up minutes before the alarm goes off. 

I wake up about ten minutes before the alarm goes off- it doesn't matter when it's set for.  I've always done that.  Snooze alarms drive me nuts.

MrJimiT said:
I was a major snoozer my entire adult life. In fact, I modified my snooze alarm to be every 15 minutes instead of the traditional 9 minutes. I would regularly snooze for 45 minutes to an hour almost every morning that I had to wake up to an alarm. Over the holidays I had read some interesting tidbits on getting proper sleep. So as a 2022 NY's Resolution, I now set my alarm and have forced myself not to snooze. Through the first 20 days...it's been successful. So I now set for maximum sleep time before getting ready in the mornings.

Congrats!  I am pretty much the same (also set my snooze to 15 minutes) and need to make the same change.  Have any tips, or was it all just willpower?  

I started using my Apple Watch - it vibrates on my wrist so it doesn’t bother anyone else. So, now you know what to get your wives for their next gifts.
When do you charge then?  Apple Watch doesn't have the best battery life, compared to a Garmin, for example.  I find at night is the only time that works.

When do you charge then?  Apple Watch doesn't have the best battery life, compared to a Garmin, for example.  I find at night is the only time that works.
This is the first watch I’ve owned in decades so I have the 7 - I’m only saying this because I’m unsure if the new one is better than the previous versions. My watch lasts more than 24 hours and charges in about 30 minutes, so I just take it off at dinner or while watching a show in the evening or something.

Have any tips, or was it all just willpower?  

Unfortunately I don't have any special tips to offer for help. It was pretty much willpower for me. I have seen several posts in this thread about those who wake up prior to their alarms going off. I'd have to say about 80% of the time, this is accurate for me as well. I've only been doing this for a little over 20 days (mornings) now, but I have been amazed at how most of the mornings I am pre-waking before alarm time and have been able to shut off my alarm before even being sounded. I'm hoping this trend continues.

If it helps or matters, my routine previous was to set my alarm for 6am and snooze until 6:45 or 7am giving me the minimal amount of time to get ready and be out the door. Upon my resolution to stop the snoozing, I now set my alarm for 6:30am and then get up to get ready...but...at a much calmer pace. I think I have enjoyed that the most - not being a bat-out-of-hell getting out the door. (Yes a Meatloaf tribute reference.)

Tip 1....place alarm somewhere you have to get out of bed

I have unsuccessfully tried that in the past and I just jump out of and back into bed in record time, but I'm not sure if I really wanted to change back then. 

However, I'm going to try this again and hopefully combined with some new willpower will be able to make it work.   Thanks! 

I just get up. Snooze would drive me nuts.

I'm generally a morning person, but an old college job really got me in the habit of jumping out of bed (literally then, metaphorically now).

Now, with dogs, there's no way I could change even if I wanted to. When the alarm goes off, I've got 3 large dogs ready to rock and roll because it's time to go chase squirrels. 

But really I just like morning hours before everyone else is up. 

Users who are viewing this thread