What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should the Chiefs consider building a dome.....? (2 Viewers)

Jerry World and the Minnesota dome is awesome.....Heinz is just a stadium with a view, same with Lambeau except no view. I been to over half  of the ones in the league. 

Soldier Field is incredible even though it's nothing compared to the huge, fancy new stadiums 
Oh, I definitely get that the new stadiums are cool. The tech is impressive. 

I just don't want to pay for one. We're getting a minor league baseball team, which would be fun.

Oh, I definitely get that the new stadiums are cool. The tech is impressive. 

I just don't want to pay for one. We're getting a minor league baseball team, which would be fun.
I didn't write that correctly.   I meant that I like Soldier more than the new fancy stadiums,.  Love the history and character.   You can't buy that.   

I'm not going to comment on the build new vs. keep old debate, but I will say I think domed stadiums are a disgrace with a few maybe exceptions (those far north, but hey GB plays outdoors).

Not only do they take the weather (and the fun that goes with it) out of it, they suck the life out of the crowd and the sound.
I believe indoor stadiums increase the sound over open air stadiums because of the acoustical advantage of all sound being captured.  I was just at the Vikings/Broncos game (which was my first game ever at that stadium) and it was the loudest arena I have every been in.  I have been in the Rose Bowl, Qualcom (San Diego), Heinz Field and none of them compared even remotely to the noise.  My ear drums were vibrating at many points of the game.  i do not believe the indoor stadium took the life or the sound out of the crowd. 

Also when it's 10 degrees and snowing and the crowd are in thick gloves, face shields, and heavy coats that deadens the crowd and the noise. 

I went to arrowhed to see the chargers vs kc and it was a wall of rain and I could not see a thing. Rivers of water ran down the stadium stairs and there I was rooting for the chargers with a faction of 20 charger fans. As the truth settled in that Leaf was not who I thought he was, the chief fans chided me and kidded me and made me realize I love this sport and all that comes with it. The good the bad and the love of people coming together as one ...even in a torrential downpour. Afterwards some of those fans in a bar later bought me a beer and a shot . I'll never forget that. I think it was because of the elements we endured together. I stayed in my seat the whole time the chargers were getting blown out and they stayed to watch a dismantling of my team. I kinda think we need to stay in touch with the elements of our world. All of them. 

in typical fashion around here for some....I just posted a hypothetical question for discussion.....if it was something they should consider.....taking money out of it, but some can't do that and continued to get hung up on it.....never said KC would win 10 SB's.....but somebody twists it that way....it wasn't about money or super bowls....it was about would it make sense philosophically/strategy wise.....people didn't want to answer that question....what conditions you would want Mahomes and his team to play in if given the option , etc....lol....cheers....
You did alude to KC winning 10 Super Bowls if you took money out of it and built a new stadium around Mahomes.  However, to answer your question it would be dumb to build around a single player no matter how good that player is.  The chance of injury, losing a coach, changing the system, not having a good enough supporting cast is too risky to hinge everything on one player. 

Building a team that fits the strength of a field is the much more practical thing to do.  Even in your hypothetical situation there are too many things that could wrong when changing everything for one player.  It's just not a smart thing to do. 

I went to arrowhed to see the chargers vs kc and it was a wall of rain and I could not see a thing. Rivers of water ran down the stadium stairs and there I was rooting for the chargers with a faction of 20 charger fans. As the truth settled in that Leaf was not who I thought he was, the chief fans chided me and kidded me and made me realize I love this sport and all that comes with it. The good the bad and the love of people coming together as one ...even in a torrential downpour. Afterwards some of those fans in a bar later bought me a beer and a shot . I'll never forget that. I think it was because of the elements we endured together. I stayed in my seat the whole time the chargers were getting blown out and they stayed to watch a dismantling of my team. I kinda think we need to stay in touch with the elements of our world. All of them. 
Meh I live in northern Minnesota and deal with cold/snow/rain for 6 months out of the year and do all kinds of outdoors type stuff year round. Rain is one thing, that said I don’t want to go sit in a stadium when it -5 or worse in Dec/Jan, I’d much rather be in the new us bank building. 

I guess I’m saying I don’t think a football game is the place to stay in touch with natures elements.   Especially when you’re paying $200+ per ticket.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe indoor stadiums increase the sound over open air stadiums because of the acoustical advantage of all sound being captured.  I was just at the Vikings/Broncos game (which was my first game ever at that stadium) and it was the loudest arena I have every been in.  I have been in the Rose Bowl, Qualcom (San Diego), Heinz Field and none of them compared even remotely to the noise.  My ear drums were vibrating at many points of the game.  i do not believe the indoor stadium took the life or the sound out of the crowd. 

Also when it's 10 degrees and snowing and the crowd are in thick gloves, face shields, and heavy coats that deadens the crowd and the noise. 
the vikings pump sound in. have been doing it for decades

spoken like a viking fan  ;)
Just correcting you cuz you’re wrong. They don’t in the new stadium, I’ve been there 5+ times.  Metrodome they had.

dan you realize the nfl has rules in place for like 10+ years regarding this, so yea you are wrong.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh I live in northern Minnesota and deal with cold/snow/rain for 6 months out of the year and do all kinds of outdoors type stuff year round. Rain is one thing, that said I don’t want to go sit in a stadium when it -5 or worse in Dec/Jan, I’d much rather be in the new us bank building. 

I guess I’m saying I don’t think a football game is the place to stay in touch with natures elements.   Especially when you’re paying $200+ per ticket.  
This experience was well worth the ticket price for me. The fans of KC were awesome. 👏

in typical fashion around here for some....I just posted a hypothetical question for discussion..........people didn't want to answer that question.
Applaud the thought-provoking and interesting question.

Put me in the camp that football is "purer" when played in the open. And given the distinct advantage a home field gives a team, then throw in the additive benefit of the elements that it gives KC in particular (esp against two warmer weather teams in their own division), and the fact that Arrowhead, despite being an older stadium is still one of the better places to actually experience a game -- there is zero incentive for KC to do this.

But when a thread has more discussion about mobsters ensconced in end zone concrete and what does or does not constitute a spoiler than the original question, may be a time to just run with the answers you are given than pose more hypotheticals. 

Users who are viewing this thread