What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeper Alert: Rob Kelley - RB - WAS (1 Viewer)

[SIZE=12pt]I have to say, this would have been much easier to figure out if there wasn't all this fantasy football claptrap cluttering up the Rob Kelley projections contest topic. :lol: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Here are all of the entries, consolidated to one post. If there are two guesses that result in any form of tie (e.g. RuYd within X yards of actual + rec yds within X yards of actual = same) then the time-stamp is the tiebreaker as previously stated.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Some close guesses! Posted by order of time-stamp for tiebreaker purposes. Remember: this is 3 parts, not aggregate yardage. It's the closes to the Rushing Yards, Receiving Yards and TDs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]wormburner -[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] 57 yards, 1 TD; 2 rec, 18 yards.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]efactor - [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Arodin - 55 yards, 1 catch for 9 yards.  No TD.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]BustedKnuckles - 53 CARRIES - 623 YARDS 49 REC 132 YARDS ` 12 TD `S[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]mr roboto  [/SIZE]- 17 yds 2 receptions 12 yards no TDs 

[SIZE=12pt]TartanLion - 68 yards, 1td, 1 reception 9 yards[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]ostrich - 36 rush yds, 14 rec yds, 0 td[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Weebs210 -  83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Cowboysfan8 - 53 yds , 2 catches 17 yds, 0 tds[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]avoiding injuries - 60 rush, 10 rec, 0 TD[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]hamsterdam - 62 rushing yards, 7 rec yards, 1 TD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]JFS171 -  [/SIZE]78 rushing yards; 7 receiving with 1 TD 

[SIZE=12pt]Dr. Octopus - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Skoo - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Bombers411 - 43 yards rushing , 7 receiving yards and 2TD[/SIZE]  

[SIZE=12pt]socrates - 56 and 1 rec for 4 0 tds[/SIZE]

Rob Kelley's Actual Stat Line:  87 Rushing Yards, 0 Receiving Yards, 1 TD

[SIZE=13.3333px]Closest guesses: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]efactor - [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD.  -5 RuYd, +22 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD. -2 RuYd, +21 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Weebs210 [/SIZE]-[SIZE=12pt] 83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds. -4 RuYd, +13 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. -2 RuYd, +11 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD. =2 RuYd, -12 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The winner is @MikeApf[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] , by just 2 RuYd and 1 ReYd over @crusty crab, and 2 RuYd and 2 ReYd over 3rd place @Weebs210[/SIZE].   :shock:

Wow - can't get closer than that folks. Great guesswork by all 5 of you - I can't believe how close you all were.  Congratulations, and please PM me a shipping address where I can send you your two bottles of hot sauce! 

:pickle: :suds: :thumbup:

I hope everyone had fun playing. I'm sure this won't be the last contest like this I host. ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]I have to say, this would have been much easier to figure out if there wasn't all this fantasy football claptrap cluttering up the Rob Kelley projections contest topic. :lol: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Here are all of the entries, consolidated to one post. If there are two guesses that result in any form of tie (e.g. RuYd within X yards of actual + rec yds within X yards of actual = same) then the time-stamp is the tiebreaker as previously stated.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Some close guesses! Posted by order of time-stamp for tiebreaker purposes. Remember: this is 3 parts, not aggregate yardage. It's the closes to the Rushing Yards, Receiving Yards and TDs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]wormburner -[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] 57 yards, 1 TD; 2 rec, 18 yards.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]efactor - [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Arodin - 55 yards, 1 catch for 9 yards.  No TD.[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]BustedKnuckles - 53 CARRIES - 623 YARDS 49 REC 132 YARDS ` 12 TD `S[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]mr roboto  [/SIZE]- 17 yds 2 receptions 12 yards no TDs 

[SIZE=12pt]TartanLion - 68 yards, 1td, 1 reception 9 yards[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]ostrich - 36 rush yds, 14 rec yds, 0 td[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Weebs210 -  83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Cowboysfan8 - 53 yds , 2 catches 17 yds, 0 tds[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]avoiding injuries - 60 rush, 10 rec, 0 TD[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]hamsterdam - 62 rushing yards, 7 rec yards, 1 TD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]JFS171 -  [/SIZE]78 rushing yards; 7 receiving with 1 TD 

[SIZE=12pt]Dr. Octopus - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Skoo - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE] 

[SIZE=12pt]Bombers411 - 43 yards rushing , 7 receiving yards and 2TD[/SIZE]  

[SIZE=12pt]socrates - 56 and 1 rec for 4 0 tds[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.3333px]Closest guesses: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]efactor - [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD.  -5 RuYd, +22 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD. -2 RuYd, +21 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Weebs210 [/SIZE]-[SIZE=12pt] 83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds. -4 RuYd, +13 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]. -2 RuYd, +11 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD. =2 RuYd, -12 ReYd[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The winner is @MikeApf[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] , by just 2 RuYd and 2 ReYd over @Weebs210[/SIZE].   :shock:

Wow - can't get closer than that folks. Great guesswork by all 5 of you - I can't believe how close you all were.  Congratulations, and please PM me a shipping address where I can send you your two bottles of hot sauce! 

I hope everyone had fun playing. I'm sure this won't be the last contest like this I host. ;)  
Congratulations to @MikeApf, you Lucky Dog! 

Thanks, Hot Sauce Guy, for setting this up and spicing up the SP!  ;)

Congratulations to @MikeApf, you Lucky Dog! 

Thanks, Hot Sauce Guy, for setting this up and spicing up the SP!  ;)
I missed that Crusty Crab was even closer than Weebs! I edited to note that - it came down to 1 lousy receiving yard. And the irony is that it was whoever was closest to the actual 0 receiving yards that Kelley had. :lol:  

I have to say, this would have been much easier to figure out if there wasn't all this fantasy football claptrap cluttering up the Rob Kelley projections contest topic. :lol:

Here are all of the entries, consolidated to one post. If there are two guesses that result in any form of tie (e.g. RuYd within X yards of actual + rec yds within X yards of actual = same) then the time-stamp is the tiebreaker as previously stated. 

Some close guesses! Posted by order of time-stamp for tiebreaker purposes. Remember: this is 3 parts, not aggregate yardage. It's the closes to the Rushing Yards, Receiving Yards and TDs. 

wormburner - 57 yards, 1 TD; 2 rec, 18 yards.

efactor - 82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD. 

Arodin - 55 yards, 1 catch for 9 yards.  No TD. 

BustedKnuckles - 53 CARRIES - 623 YARDS 49 REC 132 YARDS ` 12 TD `S 

boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD 

mr roboto  - 17 yds 2 receptions 12 yards no TDs 

TartanLion - 68 yards, 1td, 1 reception 9 yards 

ostrich - 36 rush yds, 14 rec yds, 0 td 

Weebs210 -  83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds 

MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards 

Cowboysfan8 - 53 yds , 2 catches 17 yds, 0 tds 

avoiding injuries - 60 rush, 10 rec, 0 TD 

crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD

hamsterdam - 62 rushing yards, 7 rec yards, 1 TD

JFS171 -  78 rushing yards; 7 receiving with 1 TD 

Dr. Octopus - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs 

Skoo - 38 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards, 0 TDs  

Bombers411 - 43 yards rushing , 7 receiving yards and 2TD  

socrates - 56 and 1 rec for 4 0 tds

[SIZE=13.33px]Closest guesses: [/SIZE]

efactor - 82 yards, 3 receptions, 22 yards and a TD.  -5 RuYd, +22 ReYd

boltsfan - 85 yards, 2 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD. -2 RuYd, +21 ReYd

Weebs210 - 83 yds, 1 rushing td, 2 catches for 13yds. -4 RuYd, +13 ReYd

MikeApf - 85 yards, 1 TD.  Also 2 receptions for 11 yards. -2 RuYd, +11 ReYd

Crusty crab - 85 rushing yards, 12 rec yds, 1 TD. =2 RuYd, -12 ReYd

The winner is @MikeApf , by just 2 RuYd and 1 ReYd over @crusty crab, and 2 RuYd and 2 ReYd over 3rd place @Weebs210.   :shock:

Lame -- I was 2 yards away from his actual total yardage.

Not blaming @Hot Sauce Guy -- I didn't understand the contest and really wanted some hot sauce!

Wow, can't believe I lucked out!  Thanks Hot Sauce Guy for for coming up with that contest...it really made the lead up to the game fun! 

Now to continue the discussion on Kelley. 

Pros:  a tough, hard nosed runner that keeps his legs moving and always falls forward.  Vs. Matt Jones, he protects the ball,and this his huge!  Not talked about a great deal but equally important is the fact that Kelley is considered decent in pass protection.  On a team that throws more than they run, including when the first down back is in there, this is huge.

Cons:  doesn't seem to have the burst for a lot of break away plays.  Jones still seems to have better ability to break a long one or catch the ball in space for a long gain.  I do know he had a 45 yarder one week but I'm not considering that a regular pattern yet.  So unless he has it and I haven't seen it, this limits Kelley's productivity overall.

In the end, I see the guy as having cemented his role on the roster and also he may even get more carries in a RBBC backfield.  But will he supplant Jones entirely or become a RB that gets 20+ carries a game?  I'm not ready to believe that until he shows some sort of consistent game break ability.  I think Gruden likes that about Jones and won't be ready to give it up unless he starts fumbling literally every game (which admittedly could  happen).

On to Minnesota after the bye...another tough challenge for running backs...

JFS171 said:
Lame -- I was 2 yards away from his actual total yardage.

Not blaming @Hot Sauce Guy -- I didn't understand the contest and really wanted some hot sauce!
You were very close!   :hifive:

i did an aggregate yardage contest once on my company FB page & 6 or 7 people tied. Doing it this way reduces that likelihood. 

better luck next time & thanks for playing! 

need2know said:
This guy is a bum. 
I don't know about this.  Granted, I am a rose colored glasses owner, but I saw the kid running hard and putting together a very nice run near the end of the game (16 yards) where he broke multiple tackles.  That set up a field goal in overtime that Hopkins realistically should have made (34 yards) to win the game.  RKelley was running tough on that play.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016103000/2016/REG8/redskins@bengals?scrlybrkr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000730016&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

I don't know about this.  Granted, I am a rose colored glasses owner, but I saw the kid running hard and putting together a very nice run near the end of the game (16 yards) where he broke multiple tackles.  That set up a field goal in overtime that Hopkins realistically should have made (34 yards) to win the game.  RKelley was running tough on that play.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016103000/2016/REG8/redskins@bengals?scrlybrkr#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000730016&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay
I think that was fairly rose colored glasses if you ask me.  He looks slow (as he did all game), he looked stiff (yes he got low enough that the one guy went over top but that was more bad tackling than anything else.

I own both him and Jones but he is nothing to get excited about in my books.  If the answer for Wash is not Jones it's definitely not Kelley either.  There will be someone else in that backfield next year

IMO his dynasty value is 0. Matt Jones as well. The only guy with a secure roster spot for 2017 is likely Thompson. 

Redskins should be heavily targeting the RB position in the offseason/draft. I would judge them as incompetent as an organization if this glaring weakness isn't made a priority. 

Im pretty sure his Dynasty value is zero, because alot of guys wont pay whats hes worth (being a starting RB)..Redskins may have a few holes..  Trading up for a back like Zeke, may not have been the best option..  tbh, the Skins tend to provide a productive RB without breaking the bank

This probably aint the right thread to discuss being an incompetent organization..  Id much rather see it discussed in one of the game threads..  Preferably a team that is getting wup'd

You were very close!   :hifive:

i did an aggregate yardage contest once on my company FB page & 6 or 7 people tied. Doing it this way reduces that likelihood. 

better luck next time & thanks for playing! 
Next time (if there is one) - maybe come up with a fantasy football scoring system that translates the projections into a fantasy score and then go by the closest to that outcome.

Next time (if there is one) - maybe come up with a fantasy football scoring system that translates the prediction for a fantasy score and then go by the closest to that outcome.
I'd be more likely to add additional metrics like # of receptions, # of carries to really narrow it down. 

A FFB scoring system is just another aggregate style and would seemingly lead to more chances for a tie. 

e.g. contestant A has "47 RuYd, 36 ReYd on 5 Rec, 1 TD" = 19.3, contestant B has 108 RuYd, 65 ReYd on 2 Rec, 0 TDs" = 19.3, contestant C has 23 RuYd, 20 ReYd on 3 Rec with 2 TDs" = 19.3 

:)  

I thought he looked awful..... Slow, plodding, can't catch.

He's the guy you run out at flex and he gives you 1.8 in the playoffs. 

No thanks. 

I thought he looked awful..... Slow, plodding, can't catch.

He's the guy you run out at flex and he gives you 1.8 in the playoffs. 

No thanks. 
He's a big guy, he's not a burner. He consistently pushed forward and gained extra yardage. Several times he fell forward and would push the pile, getting more yardage than someone like Jones would have. He also hung onto the ball and had a nice run on the TD. I guess our definitions of awful are significantly different.

Hes not a top 50 RB talent in the NFL... and his teams RB situation is bottom 10 in the league. That equals awful.

Id bet money he just played his best game. 

Any news on him moving forward?
Gruden had this to say yesterday (talking about Matt Jones starting off): 

"We'll have to wait and see how he does when we return from the bye. He's going to get treatment the next 4 or 5 days and when we come back to practice, he'll practice, hopefully with the team. Then we'll make the determination of how good he's doing. Robert Kelley, I thought he ran hard. He ran physical and made some nice runs. I think he pre-determined a couple cuts here and there, maybe didn't let the play develop a little bit like we would like, but I think for the most part I was happy with the way he ran. He ran physical and he ran hard. I think he had 21 carries for 85 yards, or something like that. 87 yards. That's a pretty darn good first day for the guy as far as being a lead-down back. I like what I saw in Robert, but it's not out of the possibility that Matt Jones could come back in here and get some of those reps back."

also said 

"I think these guys have all proven they can carry the ball. To say that one is so much better than the others...if we had a clear cut guy, number one guy, it would be different, but we have a couple of guys that are worthy of getting the ball. I think if Mack Brown continues to keep working in practice, I might try to get him some carries. I think we have 4 really good running backs"

So, nothing really clear, but it sounds like Jones may have to work and prove he can do what is necessary to get some of those reps back. Mix in Mack Brown possibly. Who knows? Avoid for me.

Hes not a top 50 RB talent in the NFL... and his teams RB situation is bottom 10 in the league. That equals awful.

Id bet money he just played his best game. 
There is somehow a myth that Washington cannot run the ball but if you look at the stats, you see they are actually ranked # 11 in the NFL in rushing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

I guess the big criticism is that there are 3 RBs that get touches, but if this is reduced to two, then it's not that different than most teams, who rotate at least 2 RBs.

I actually happen to agree that Jones will get inserted back as starter once he's healthy, due to the fact that he can catch and break long runs.  But I disagree with the implication that Washington RBs are automatically trash.  The team, while 4-3-1, actually has a pretty potent offense...

Good post crusty. I feel Kelley earned a time share going forward and sounds like Gruden feels the same way. The only problem is his remaining schedule...that alone made me drop him. All red and one yellow match up remaining as far as difficulty of schedule.

Gruden had this to say yesterday (talking about Matt Jones starting off: 

"We'll have to wait and see how he does when we return from the bye. He's going to get treatment the next 4 or 5 days and when we come back to practice, he'll practice, hopefully with the team. Then we'll make the determination of how good he's doing. Robert Kelley, I thought he ran hard. He ran physical and made some nice runs. I think he pre-determined a couple cuts here and there, maybe didn't let the play develop a little bit like we would like, but I think for the most part I was happy with the way he ran. He ran physical and he ran hard. I think he had 21 carries for 85 yards, or something like that. 87 yards. That's a pretty darn good first day for the guy as far as being a lead-down back. I like what I saw in Robert, but it's not out of the possibility that Matt Jones could come back in here and get some of those reps back."

also said 

"I think these guys have all proven they can carry the ball. To say that one is so much better than the others...if we had a clear cut guy, number one guy, it would be different, but we have a couple of guys that are worthy of getting the ball. I think if Mack Brown continues to keep working in practice, I might try to get him some carries. I think we have 4 really good running backs"

So, nothing really clear, but it sounds like Jones may have to work and prove he can do what is necessary to get some of those reps back. Mix in Mack Brown possibly. Who knows? Avoid for me.
Thanks for that. I've been looking for Gruden pressers for this purpose. The wording on that is interesting... " it's not out of the possibility that Matt Jones could come back in here and get some of those reps back". So Jones has to work to get some of the reps back, which I would generally get the sense that he lost his job, but perhaps that's reading too much into it. Sounds like Gruden was happy considering the circumstances but wasn't going to anoint Kelley the starter. Thompson already has a role. Jones is going to come back and get some reps. Now talking up Mack Brown. Eeeek

Gruden had this to say yesterday (talking about Matt Jones starting off): 

also said 

Nice quote.  What we thought...RBBC.  It's actually not bad for the team, just terrible for FFL owners.  As a Washington fan, I like having several guys we can insert.  But, it just means as a FFL owner you are living on pins and needles with all these guys -- maybe except for Chris Thompson as a flex, since he seems to play a unique role regardless of the other two guys...

Thanks for that. I've been looking for Gruden pressers for this purpose. The wording on that is interesting... " it's not out of the possibility that Matt Jones could come back in here and get some of those reps back". So Jones has to work to get some of the reps back, which I would generally get the sense that he lost his job, but perhaps that's reading too much into it. Sounds like Gruden was happy considering the circumstances but wasn't going to anoint Kelley the starter. Thompson already has a role. Jones is going to come back and get some reps. Now talking up Mack Brown. Eeeek
To translate...I don't think Gruden cares two hoots whether someone is considered "lead back" or "backup back."  Last year, when Jones and Morris were both on the squad, he'd go with one guy or the other "based on the feel of the game" and was completely unapologetic about it.  I think this is one of those times where you really have to keep telling yourself that Gruden does not care about FFL.  Once you do that, then you'll see the situation clearer...this just IMO that we're more in RBBC territory now than in the beginning of the year.  Beginning of the year, you'd be looking at 12-17 carries for Jones; 3-5 for Kelley.  Now I could see those percentages becoming more 50-50...

Agreed. I was hoping there might be some clarity. Doesn't help that they're on the bye. At least now, after last night, I feel better about going ahead and using my W1 I've been holding onto to grab Howard after someone dropped him, and not mess with any of these guys. I did a sneaky by picking up Kelley on Fri., dropped him for Asiata Sun., so no one else could pick up Kelley before waivers tonight, just in case Kelley really took over the job. It might shake out, but I don't see it happening anytime over the next couple of weeks.

Gruden's comments are interesting, it certainly implies that Kelley has won the job. But it's not like coaches don't talk out of their *** in press conferences at times and do something completely different.

To me, the most encouraging thing is that, from a quick parsing, Kelley had no negative runs and was only held to a gain of 0 on 3 carries. He's not quick, but is a violent runner who falls forward and seems to protect the ball. He's a perfect goal line back and, whatever else Gruden does, I think Kelley will have that role. It makes him interesting enough to hold in anything but shallow leagues.

Update to add:  received hot sauce in the mail yesterday.  It's really good, man...got some nice heat to it!    :thumbup:

Thanks again..I recommend to all!
Woot!  Glad it got there ok & glad you're diggin it! 

:pickle:

I'll have to think of another contest in the near future - that was fun. :)  

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Woot!  Glad it got there ok & glad you're diggin it! 

:pickle:

I'll have to think of another contest in the near future - that was fun. :)  
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but Paul Perkins would be a good next target.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but Paul Perkins would be a good next target.
I get the thought process: young back on a team that hasn't been able to generate anything from their RBs and could turn to the rookie. However, the problem I see is the Giants have struggled with running the ball this year, Perkins hasn't been able to jump Vareen, Darkwa or Jennings. He is battling with Rainey for work. Perkins was a 6th round pick. He is a below average athlete for a RB and his college production was average. I don't see anything indicating he is going to be able to turn this Giants RB spot into a valuable fantasy asset. 

I get the thought process: young back on a team that hasn't been able to generate anything from their RBs and could turn to the rookie. However, the problem I see is the Giants have struggled with running the ball this year, Perkins hasn't been able to jump Vareen, Darkwa or Jennings. He is battling with Rainey for work. Perkins was a 6th round pick. He is a below average athlete for a RB and his college production was average. I don't see anything indicating he is going to be able to turn this Giants RB spot into a valuable fantasy asset. 
And more importantly, the Paul Perkins topic is only 3 pages long. Not nearly long enough to justify a contest.   ;)  

I just picked Kelley up off of waivers a couple days ago.  Thought it was pretty good since all I was giving up was Knile Davis.

I just picked Kelley up off of waivers a couple days ago.  Thought it was pretty good since all I was giving up was Knile Davis.
Well, sure - except Matt Jones is about to come back and make it one of the least desirable 3-headed RBBC in the league. 

But he's better than Knile Davis.

Well, sure - except Matt Jones is about to come back and make it one of the least desirable 3-headed RBBC in the league. 

But he's better than Knile Davis.
Well here are my RBs.  Theo Riddick, Gio Bernard, Duke Johnson, TJ Yeldon, Bilal Powell and Rob Kelley.  He's just a guy to add to my other guys right now.

Users who are viewing this thread