What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So what's your FBG username all about? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
This has probably been done before, but ya know, search function, blah blah blah.

Why's your username here what it is?

Mine's pretty simple.  I am/was "darin3" at another "popular fantasy football site message board" and when things took a dive off a cliff there, I joined up here and just reversed my name and popped the "3" back on the end.  I guess I wasn't feeling very creative at the time.

What say you?

My username on Old Yeller was two letters, and when I tried registering on the transition, it was not accepted as needed to be at least three characters. In trying to think of something else to use (and, quick, to make sure I secured that all important three digit member number), I had the novel next to me and decided to just go with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickname my entire life. It’s a shortened version of my  long a$$ 11 letter last name. 

Back during the original arcade games, you would have to have a 3 letter screen name for the high score list. I used to use JAM because of my first name James. After a while they started making it a 5 letter requirement, so I added an NY for New York. I used it for a while in other places but now it's only here and an old yahoo email address for junk. I don't really like it anymore but whatever.

rockaction is due to Scottish post-rockers Mogwai. It's the name of their record label, which is named after the nickname of Scott Asheton, the late drummer for the Stooges. Iggy Pop had given him the name "Rock Action" because Scott embodied absolute propulsive force behind the drum kit. 

I'm quite happy with the name. It has served me well. 

Lived in N Dallas burb when Cowboys really were America's team 😀. Dad was involved with many pro sports leagues over the years. Played football and baseball in college. Read the book "North Dallas Forty" in college and loved the movie. Based on what I saw behind the scenes with my dad, I thought pro sports would eventually become like  pro wrestling, somewhat scripted for entertainment/drama, somewhat like NBA's behind the curtain lottery pick. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lived in N Dallas when Cowboys really were America's team 😀. Dad was involved with many pro sports leagues over the years. Played football and baseball in college. Read the book "North Dallas Forty" in college and loved the movie. Based on what I saw behind the scenes with my dad, I thought pro sports would eventually become like  pro wrestling, somewhat scripted for entertainment/drama, somewhat like NBA behind the curtain lottery pick. 
Sports may not have, but the rest of cable did. Pro wrestling is the granddaddy of reality tv.

My tag was given to me by the band director in high school, by adding two letters to my surname. I wasn't a member of the band, but all my closest friends were and I went to all their shows. I'd talk with the band director often because I was an insufferable teacher's pet lol.

Sports may not have, but the rest of cable did. Pro wrestling is the granddaddy of reality tv.

My tag was given to me by the band director in high school, by adding two letters to my surname. I wasn't a member of the band, but all my closest friends were and I went to all their shows. I'd talk with the band director often because I was an insufferable teacher's pet lol.
Pro sports is still moving towards it. I am confident they will achieve parity with wrestling. 

Not very exciting...Skipdog1-76 were already taken.

Actually, just a combo of a nickname and a shout out to my fave Bruin of all time, Mr. Raymond Bourque. 

In high school, me and a group of friends were sitting around BSing, and the topic of old tyme fat kids came up. We wondered how they got/stayed chubby, and what they got for treats. I blurted out lard on a stick. :shrug:

I’m a car guy and was in a few car forums before here.  It’s the name I’ve used in some of those. My initials and the model number of my car. 

Pretty obvious. Big fan of early 90's music largely based out of the Pacific NW. Was my username right before FBG at the Huddle which was really my first FF site. Also tried out at the time a few other names, back when board tech allowed you to switch it up at will. Some I remember were Pearl_X_Jam (really my first name there), STP, citizen ****, and Purple Floyd (Vikings fan).

Users who are viewing this thread