What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Breaston (1 Viewer)

captbly

Footballguy
Well, I hate to hear what I hear about Boldin taking the hit.. But from the sound of it, I am grabbing Breaston off the wire... He didnt do to bad today.

I own Breaston in my league so this helps my team but I'm really hoping Boldin has a speedy and full recovery. That was an ugly hit. Best wishes to the Boldin family.

I recently dropped Breaston in a return yardage league. :shrug:

What's the early news on Boldin? I didn't see the hit.

I haven't seen the Boldin hit but it sounds bad. Positive thoughts to a speed recovery for the fantasy stud.

I had Breaston stashed on my bench for the first coupla weeks for this reason but dropped him this week to claim Engram. I hope I don't regret that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering how much I should bid on this guy. I am in a 12 team H2H Keeper Auction league. We start 4 WR/TE. I currently have Moss, C. Johnson, Holmes, Mason, Cooley, R. Brown and Sidney Rice. Probably dropping Brown and bidding atleast 10 buck on him($200 salary), maybe more.

Guess Boldin's injury isnt that bad? Breaston might not be that home run yet.. oh well.. I only dropped B LLoyd for him.

Waiver Wire? Heck he is in my starting lineup and should have been i 80% of the leagues out there this week. Aren't i smart or just one lucky FF owner with all the other recievers on bye weeks or injured and noone else to start.

Here is to Boldin quickly returning to the starting lineup and regulating our most recent waiver wire hero back to special teams.

Boldin tried to get up to go home at the hospital but the doctors stopped. I believe he's already got a flight scheduled in a day or two. Other than a concussion I'd say he's ready to go.

Boldin tried to get up to go home at the hospital but the doctors stopped. I believe he's already got a flight scheduled in a day or two. Other than a concussion I'd say he's ready to go.
u guys have a link to this
Here you go:
As of Sunday evening, all medical tests performed on Anquan Boldin (head) at Mt. Sinai in New York were negative. He was to be released from the hospital and make the team flight home to Arizona."The tests were all negative, which is great news, and it looks like he'll be heading back with us tonight," said club president Michael Bidwill. It doesn't sound like Boldin's injury is season-threatening, or that he needed a procedure of any sort. We wouldn't count on seeing him in Week 5, though

Waiver Wire? Heck he is in my starting lineup and should have been i 80% of the leagues out there this week. Aren't i smart or just one lucky FF owner with all the other recievers on bye weeks or injured and noone else to start.Here is to Boldin quickly returning to the starting lineup and regulating our most recent waiver wire hero back to special teams.
why would anyone start Breaston with both Fitz and Boldin starting?

Waiver Wire? Heck he is in my starting lineup and should have been i 80% of the leagues out there this week. Aren't i smart or just one lucky FF owner with all the other recievers on bye weeks or injured and noone else to start.Here is to Boldin quickly returning to the starting lineup and regulating our most recent waiver wire hero back to special teams.
Because I doubt that Boldin plays next week... that was a serious hit and he was KO'd. Just because hes not seriously injuried doesn't mean hes not injuried. Zona might have to sit him for a game or 2.

Yeah, I think Breaston has a good chance to start this week, so a great fill-in guy, but not a hot long term guy b/c Boldin should be back sooner rather than later. I suppose there's a chance that he has lingering effects that keep him out longer than expected.

Knowing Boldin he'll want to play this week, but I'd think that with the high visibility of his injury, there would be a lot of criticism if they let him since the NFL is supposed to be taking concussions more seriously. Glad it's not more serious given the way it looked.

Because I doubt that Boldin plays next week... that was a serious hit and he was KO'd. Just because hes not seriously injuried doesn't mean hes not injuried. Zona might have to sit him for a game or 2.
I think now the NFL has an outside doc perform some tests to see if the brain is sufficiently recoverred from a concussion. He can't just show up and play, despite how he claims to feel or how he looks in non-contact practices. If someone else hasn't by then, I'll google later and get better info on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Breaston at Michigan and never saw the skills to be an every day WR at the Pro level.... the role he has now is probably the max of his ability.

He has value for his perceived oppurtunity but I dont feel his skills will be up to it... the Cards O take a step backward.

Bri said:
Waiver Wire? Heck he is in my starting lineup and should have been i 80% of the leagues out there this week. Aren't i smart or just one lucky FF owner with all the other recievers on bye weeks or injured and noone else to start.

Here is to Boldin quickly returning to the starting lineup and regulating our most recent waiver wire hero back to special teams.
I think now the NFL has an outside doc perform some tests to see if the brain is sufficiently recoverred from a concussion. He can't just show up and play, despite how he claims to feel or how he looks in non-contact practices. If someone else hasn't by then, I'll google later and get better info on this.
hereThe NFL and NFLPA medical advisors prepared a summary of key factors in deciding when NFL players can safely return to the same game or practice. These factors have been identified in medical studies and are used by NFL team medical staffs. They emphasize that concussions in the NFL should continue to be managed conservatively and include the following specific points:

1. The player should be completely asymptomatic and have normal neurological test results, including mental status testing at rest and after physical exertion, before returning to play.

2. Symptoms to be taken into account include confusion, problems with immediate recall, disorientation to time, place and person, anterograde and retrograde amnesia, fatigue, and blurred vision.

3. If an NFL player sustains a loss of consciousness, as determined by the team medical staff, he should not return to the same game or practice.

4. NFL team physicians and athletic trainers will continue to exercise their medical judgment and expertise in treating concussions, including considering any history of concussions in a player.

· Neuropsychological testing has been expanded for all NFL players. NFL players who have been removed from a game due to a concussion will be re-tested during the season as part of the medical staff's treatment of the player and to assist in determining when players can return to practice and play. Each club will select the neuropsychological testing provider of its choice.

and a link to Falcons LT Sam Baker failing tests and thus being inactive for that game

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d80b2add8

Users who are viewing this thread