What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (7 Viewers)

Giving Mad Men another go. Hopefully the third try it will stick. I think it will this time because while I'm still kind of wondering if anything is going to actually happen in the show, I do like the characters so far. 3 episodes in.
Where I live, we have a neighborhood "Movie Club" of about 5 couples (10 people)........that was started during Covid..........and we are still together 4 years later.
We choose a Series & # of episodes that everyone will watch at home
And then decide on a date to re-assemble in someone's home in a couple of weeks where we all bring something for the potluck dinner / drinks and we discuss what we watched.

We are currently in the middle of watching S2 of The Bear.

But, one of the things that is on our list to watch next is: MAD MEN <---WHERE CAN WE WATCH THIS ?? (for free hopefully)
I thought that Mad Men was on Netflix or Amazon.....but when i did a quick search last night, it appears that the only place to watch Man Men is to subscribe to AMC+.

It's not available for free and I wasn't about to add yet another streaming service so I'm watching on Stremio + Real Debrid. Takes a bit to set this up, but it's always my fallback for things that want me to spend more money to watch stuff. I'm maxed out on this at this point.

Giving Mad Men another go.
Where I live, we have a neighborhood "Movie Club" of about 5 couples (10 people)........that was started during Covid..........and we are still together 4 years later.
We choose a Series & # of episodes that everyone will watch at home
And then decide on a date to re-assemble in someone's home in a couple of weeks where we all bring something for the potluck dinner / drinks and we discuss what we watched.

We are currently in the middle of watching S2 of The Bear.

But, one of the things that is on our list to watch next is: MAD MEN <---WHERE CAN WE WATCH THIS ?? (for free hopefully)
I thought that Mad Men was on Netflix or Amazon.....but when i did a quick search last night, it appears that the only place to watch Man Men is to subscribe to AMC+.

EDIT TO ADD:
@IvanKaramazov AMC ?????...................or AMC+ ????????????
It's whatever their pay service is. I subscribed for a couple of months, blasted through Mad Men, and dropped it.

Scavengers Reign was excellent. On Max and now NF. I can't think of too many shows that had as many wtf moments as this show. Looking forward to another season. Really well done animated sci-fi.
I just binged this while the wife's been in the hospital. It's fantastic, with some breathtaking world building and surprisingly solid interpersonal moments. I loved the way it tells the story without much explanation or dialogue.

It's worth a rewatch while high, just for the visuals and animals.

Eta... While I actually enjoyed the season wrap as a type of closure, I was looking forward to a s2. And have found that it's been cancelled. Really disappointing.

I stumbled upon a series called Frequency based on the movie of the same title. It's only 13 or 14 episodes and got cancelled (I found it on Tubi in the category of Cancelled Too Soon). I really liked the movie so figured I would give this a chance just to see what it was like. Apparently they did a season ish and then it got cancelled but they did an additional episode to kind of tie it to a conclusion. I haven't gotten there yet to know if it did a good job of it.

It's been entertaining thus far (about 8 episodes in). If you liked the movie you will likely be entertained by this.

Scavengers Reign was excellent. On Max and now NF. I can't think of too many shows that had as many wtf moments as this show. Looking forward to another season. Really well done animated sci-fi.
I just binged this while the wife's been in the hospital. It's fantastic, with some breathtaking world building and surprisingly solid interpersonal moments. I loved the way it tells the story without much explanation or dialogue.

Eta... While I actually enjoyed the season wrap as a type of closure, I was looking forward to a s2. And have found that it's been cancelled. Really disappointing.
Is that confirmed?
It was cancelled by Max but picked up by Netflix. Can't find word that they have cancelled it now too.

Is that confirmed?
It was cancelled by Max but picked up by Netflix. Can't find word that they have cancelled it now too.
Not confirmed, but linked.

So there's a chance.

Is that confirmed?

So there's a chance.
I haven't smoked in many years but can't imagine how good that show would be high. I hate that giant panda looking thing! *no spoilers*

I'd like to know more about it

Is that confirmed?

So there's a chance.
I haven't smoked in many years but can't imagine how good that show would be high. I hate that giant panda looking thing! *no spoilers*
Totally...I want to know more about it though. Everything else there seems to have more clear motivations.

On The Bear's subreddit, S3E1 is definitely a hot topic. Birdie types and Floppo types arguing with each other endlessly.

Just now getting to the new season - consider me a Floppy Bird - thought it was fairly brilliant until I realized it would go on for the entire episode. Not sure I needed that.

On The Bear's subreddit, S3E1 is definitely a hot topic. Birdie types and Floppo types arguing with each other endlessly.

Just now getting to the new season - consider me a Floppy Bird - thought it was fairly brilliant until I realized it would go on for the entire episode. Not sure I needed that.

We finally watched Ep 1 and 2 last night. Both Mr. krista and I were blown away by episode 1, and loved the second one nearly as much. Hope the rest won't let us down!

Last edited:

We finally watched Ep 1 and 2 last night. Both Mr. krista and I were blown away by that episode, and loved the second one nearly as much. Hope the rest won't let us down!
Avert your eyes from Cena.

We finally watched Ep 1 and 2 last night. Both Mr. krista and I were blown away by that episode, and loved the second one nearly as much. Hope the rest won't let us down!

I can guarantee I’m not going to know who this person is, if that helps.

Just another John Doe

Wait, you don't know who John Cena is?

Wait, you don't know who John Cena is?

I just looked him up. Doesn't look familiar, and I looked at his filmography. The only movie he's been in that I've seen was a cameo in Barbie. I haven't even heard of the vast majority of them. And I've never watched wrestling.

You won't see him anyway

Last edited:
finished the Bear and was disappointed.

few episodes into Hacks and will continue. I like the duo. Surprised I don't find the woke character annoying.

I watched the first few episodes of The Bear (season 1). I can see why people like this, but I don't think it's for me. Good show, but sometimes the mark of a good show is that it isn't trying to appeal to every single person.

I watched the first few episodes of The Bear (season 1). I can see why people like this, but I don't think it's for me. Good show, but sometimes the mark of a good show is that it isn't trying to appeal to every single person.
Episode 4 is very different from the first three. It clicked more for me after that. Episode 7 is masterful but very intense, which may not be for everyone. If episodes 4 and 7 don't click for you, then it's definitely not your kind of show.

Episode 4 is very different from the first three. It clicked more for me after that. Episode 7 is masterful but very intense, which may not be for everyone. If episodes 4 and 7 don't click for you, then it's definitely not your kind of show.
I'm glad you said that. I thought the first 2 seasons were good but not great. After 3 episodes of S3, I was about to give up but I'll try to stick it out a bit more

I'm glad you said that. I thought the first 2 seasons were good but not great. After 3 episodes of S3, I was about to give up but I'll try to stick it out a bit more
To be clear, I'm talking about S1 here. I gave this show a try after seeing all the positive word of mouth, so I'm way behind everybody else.

To be clear, I'm talking about S1 here. I gave this show a try after seeing all the positive word of mouth, so I'm way behind everybody else.
Ah...missed that.

Yeah, as Ivan said, I was talking about Season 1.

Now, the standout episodes of Season 3 to me were 6 and 8, so I would advise at least trying to stick it out to those. And I found the last one kind of frustrating but maybe it will make more sense once we see Season 4. FWIW I also found the last episode of Season 2 kind of frustrating.

For me the Bear is another in a long line of popular television shows that should have gracefully sailed into the sunset after a great season 1. Season 2 had two fantastic episodes but the rest was nearly pure filler, and the final episode left such a bad taste in my mouth I can't bring myself to give season 3 a go.

Season three was god awful imo. The finale was the only decent episode. On future rewatches, I will just two the first two seasons and then skip to season three finale.

For me the Bear is another in a long line of popular television shows that should have gracefully sailed into the sunset after a great season 1. Season 2 had two fantastic episodes but the rest was nearly pure filler, and the final episode left such a bad taste in my mouth I can't bring myself to give season 3 a go.
Season two finale was a tough ending (Carmy sucked all ep) but there were so many non Carmy positives. Dude smoking crack in the alley FTW!

A Man in Full with Jeff Daniels. 6 episode mini series.

Eh. It had its moments. The subplot of the lawyer trying to get someone out of jail was more interesting then the main plot(Jeff Daniels character trying to save his empire).

Eh. It had its moments. The subplot of the lawyer trying to get someone out of jail was more interesting then the main plot(Jeff Daniels character trying to save his empire).
agree. that was the only part we cared about by the end.

American Rust (Prime) I think this was originally a Showtime production but is currently available on Prime.
I liked this. Just completed Season 1 and 2. Looks like it's set up for a third season but I'm not seeing any future production commitments online for the show.
The show was dark and depressing. Without giving anything away, it was a little too neat as far as how all the pieces fit into place for the two main characters.
Maura Tierney plays the good angry woe is me character that she always seems to play. I'm not a big fan of Jeff Daniels but he was solid in this.
One of my favorite characters was Deputy Park. He's a bit crazy, but he's a well written and unique character which I love.
One odd thing, I thought it was interesting how as the show began, Billy Poe was a strong stable character and Issac was a weak suicidal character. And how as the second season went on, that flipped. Billy Poe seemed timid and unstable, and Issac became more rock solid even though everything in his life seemed to be falling apart from beginning to end.

I recommend.

I read and enjoyed the Tom Wolfe novel the show is based on, I'll be interested to see how they've adapted it to the screen. I didn't enjoy The Bonfires of the Vanities movie.

"Funniest show on TV!"

Yep, the second season just broke 30 Rock's record to become the most Emmy nominated comedy show. Well deserved. The laughs really never stop. I can't even imagine what records they'll break with season 3. That episode with the guy's mom's funeral was a laugh riot.

Last edited:
Should I start Suits? My 20 year old daughter loves it and says I would too.
Definitely should watch it. It's very entertaining and it's an easy watch.
Just please don't ever expect any lawyer to do anything like they do in this show ever.

I ****ing hate this show for this reason.
My wife just got me into this, you're 100% Mike Ross in my mind when I watch this. :lmao:

Should I start Suits? My 20 year old daughter loves it and says I would too.
Definitely should watch it. It's very entertaining and it's an easy watch.
Just please don't ever expect any lawyer to do anything like they do in this show ever.

I ****ing hate this show for this reason.
My wife just got me into this, you're 100% Mike Ross in my mind when I watch this. :lmao:
:foldertoss:

For what its worth, emmy nominations announced yesterday:

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Users who are viewing this thread