What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

No way! Don't want anyone to be able to view mine or I will just have to share the $1500 :rolleyes:
What are you going to do with the other $13,500??I'm not sharing my $15,000. :ph34r:

Excuse me if this is a stupid question:Do I have to add the total value of my players myself, or is there something on the page that automatically does that and which I am not seeing?

Excuse me if this is a stupid question:Do I have to add the total value of my players myself, or is there something on the page that automatically does that and which I am not seeing?
Just choose your team and then press submit, it will tell you if you are over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a few pass-catching third-down backs/fullbacks -- guys like B.Westbrook, Centers, Crockett, Holcombe are there, but Chad Morton and Richie Anderson aren't. Not sure what the logic is there, but at 1pt/rec I may want a guy like them as my RB#4.
We decided to just limit the players instead of someone winning with one homerun boom/bust player like Adrian Peterson. And the boom/bust players we kept usually aren't as cheap as you would generally find them in auctions. Most of the $2 players are just that...limited potential guys. This forces everyone to think hard about where to spread their cap.We also knew that no matter what players we listed, someone would also want someone else and changing the player field would be unfair.So it was better to just limit the field right away.

Residents of Arizona, Florida, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Vermont, and the province of Quebec may play and have their places noted in the standings, but are not eligible to win any prizes.
What the...? ! ? ! ? ! :confused: :o :shock: :hot: :rant: :wall: :no: :thumbdown:

I need a serious :banned: after reading that part!

:confused: Another question.....how are we working the bye weeks? Say I only have one defense, do I then not have a defense on their bye week? Do have to have 2 defenses and 2 kickers?

:confused: Another question.....how are we working the bye weeks? Say I only have one defense, do I then not have a defense on their bye week? Do have to have 2 defenses and 2 kickers?
That's why you select at least 2 of everything. Bye week relief.

you guys are ALL worrying about this to much... just have fun with it. You're not going to win anyway.

I realy didn't have taht hard of a time with the cap. I've been doing auctions for the last 3 years, so it wasn't to bad. I think my first submision was over by $7

Ok So I have it paired down to $200 now it is just a matter of tweaking. BTW this isn't exactly easy I think the low cap really makes you sacrafice in places you don't want to sacrifice in.

I just finished my team.... though I'm sure it will change a few times between now and Sept. 1.I really like the $200 cap as it makes you make some tough choices. :thumbup:

Wow, I've been in an auction league since I started FFB and have always participated in CBS's weekly salary cap contest when we had the misfortune of hosting our league there. This is by far the most challenging one I think I've done. Team loaded and a direct hit on $200. Should be interesting. :thumbup:

GDB people not reading the rules thoroughly :rolleyes:

Great contest, challenging and fun all at once...Posted at $200.00 on the nose, but now it's time to tweak with it a little bit. Great job guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Notables not in the contest:QB: charlie BatchRB: Deshaun FosterWR: Tim CarterTE: Jerremy StevensCan I have them all for $1 please?

I think I found a BUG.I submitted mine a few times and then finally got it under $200. Then I went back to change it (cause I think I was at $198), and I did. Then I submitted and wanted to make another change, and it was back to my original <$200 lineup. It did this a few times and I can't get the lineup that I want (which is <$200) to stick.Can you help me here David?

Notables not in the contest:QB: charlie BatchRB: Deshaun FosterWR: Tim CarterTE: Jerremy StevensCan I have them all for $1 please?
I would've like to have seen the Adrian Peterson entry as well.

I think I found a BUG.I submitted mine a few times and then finally got it under $200. Then I went back to change it (cause I think I was at $198), and I did. Then I submitted and wanted to make another change, and it was back to my original <$200 lineup. It did this a few times and I can't get the lineup that I want (which is <$200) to stick.Can you help me here David?
I think this has to do with your browser pulling from cache. I will check things out more on my end, but I believe the updates are sticking. Right click on Internet explorer (without launching it) and delete temporary internet files and see if the lineup is there when you come back in.

Is this our line-up for the season or just week 1?
Read the rules, dude.Once you set a lineup and FBG freezes it, that is your team PERMANENTLY. Every week, FBG will take your highest scoring QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/ST and that will be your score.

Would my "cousin" JAYson Wood, who happens to live in my house, mysteriously is exempt from paying taxes, has no social security number, but DOES have his own subscription be considered immediate family? ;)Cheers
Tell Jayson to enjoy the lifetime subscription 'cuz Shawn Calcusi's gonna win it all :brush:

I love this. A $200 cap seperates the would be's from the real fantasy sharks.I just entered any team so that I would not be left out. We all know that most leagues are won with the middle round picks so lets get it on.

$15 on quarterbacks

$126 on running backs

$33 on wide receivers

$5 on tight ends

$7 on kickers

$6 on defense

winning $15,000 on an internet site while also living in a state where eligible to win...

PRICELESS

as if you did not see that coming :ph34r:

This is a great idea. I was contemplating signing up and I have to admit that this put me over the top. I am making a mean squad here.

All right folks, I've broken this thing down and've found a loophole that guarantees success. That's $15,000 worth of success. Now, I can't just give this info out to anyone, so the first 25 people that Pay Pal $50 to the e-mail address listed below will be the fortunate few. Don't miss out. In case you are skeptical...why? You know my track record.

Clinton Portis in 02? called it

Edgerrin James over Ricky Williams in the 99 draft, and you called the Colts crazy? not me

Kurt Warner? I actually recommended him to the Rams for a tryout

Patriots over the Raiders in the 01 AFC Divisional Playoff? Walt Coleman is on my speed-dial

Like I said, DO NOT miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity. One low payment of $60 gets you not only my FBG Contest guaranteed strategy, but also 2 stone cold locks in this weekends NFL preseason action.

All you have to do is send $75 to Guaranteed Cash and you'll be on your way to becoming $15,000 richer.

Hurry, this offer is only available to the first 100 soon-to-be thousandaires.

Call now.

$15 on quarterbacks

$126 on running backs

$33 on wide receivers

$5 on tight ends

$7 on kickers

$6 on defense

winning $15,000 on an internet site while also living in a state where eligible to win...

PRICELESS

as if you did not see that coming :ph34r:
You still have $8 to spend...now get to it! :D

$15 on quarterbacks$126 on running backs$33 on wide receivers$5 on tight ends$7 on kickers$6 on defense
Way too much spent on backs. Spread some of that to your wideouts and QBs. You don't need Ricky Williams.....hint hint. :excited:

If I win, 15% goes to Charity. Of course, that's my niece's name. ;)
Uncle Hawk, is that you? :wub:I'm not clear on the Tie Breakers. Do we need to enter that information before Sept 1st? Then, we just enter the high, low, and average score for the year for an NFL team of our choice?

$15 on quarterbacks$126 on running backs$33 on wide receivers$5 on tight ends$7 on kickers$6 on defense
Way too much spent on backs. Spread some of that to your wideouts and QBs. You don't need Ricky Williams.....hint hint. :excited:
do not have ricky on this team. i do not want any injured players on my team... yeah, you heard it here first... ricky takes a dive in week 5, thats right week 5.

Read the rules, dude.Once you set a lineup and FBG freezes it, that is your team PERMANENTLY. Every week, FBG will take your highest scoring QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/ST and that will be your score.
Must have read over that a little too fast...

Users who are viewing this thread