What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Succession on HBO (1 Viewer)

pantherclub said:
great show

the dinner scene is one of the best in history of tv
I found myself not breathing for several stretches because it was so uncomfortable. Great stuff. 

My favorite of the show so far. Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong are fantastic. No idea how Culkin got a Globe nom and those two did not.

And yeah, the Pierce girl is hot. Looks like Samaire Armstrong.

Could not get enough of her. Very upset we didn't see more of that action.

Having trouble deciding if she's "find her oddly attractive" worthy because she didn't really jump out as hot at first.
Thats my favorite.  Like shiv, its like she is girl next door hot not really hollywood Jennifer anniston knock your socks off hot.  I feel like back in the day I could have gotten Shiv and naomi.

Did they screw in the helicopter?

Halfway into season 2 and I'm now caring about these characters that I despised. No better example than Tom. The show is getting better. At first it reminded me of something you'd see Friday nights on ABC. But there does seem to be a pattern forming with the plot which makes things predictable. We'll see how S2 ends. 

side note. Rectify has the best theme music and the actress who plays Geri is on the show

Last edited by a moderator:
Halfway into season 2 and I'm now caring about these characters that I despised. No better example than Tom. The show is getting better. At first it reminded me of something you'd see Friday nights on ABC. But there does seem to be a pattern forming with the plot which makes things predictable. We'll see how S2 ends. 

side note. Rectify has the best theme music and the actress who plays Geri is on the show
Damn I must get a different version of ABC than you

Thats my favorite.  Like shiv, its like she is girl next door hot not really hollywood Jennifer anniston knock your socks off hot.  I feel like back in the day I could have gotten Shiv and naomi.

Did they screw in the helicopter?
Maybe they slept in Kendall's bed before he doodied in it.

I took it as a throwaway side point and don't expect we'll hear about it again. I thought the same thing about him stealing stuff though, so who knows. They really want us to understand how broken he is. It might be a little too obvious at this point but I kinda hope he offs himself at the end of the season. 

another good episode
I loved it right up until the end.  Logan Roy chasing Nan Pierce's limo and pounding on the window took him too far out of character for me.  The backhand across his son's face, as a proxy for punching his daughter, I could buy.  Breaking down like that over a failed deal went too far.

I loved it right up until the end.  Logan Roy chasing Nan Pierce's limo and pounding on the window took him too far out of character for me.  The backhand across his son's face, as a proxy for punching his daughter, I could buy.  Breaking down like that over a failed deal went too far.
I found it pretty believable that isn't the first time Roman has seen a backhand from Logan

I could see the rest both ways...he has been falling apart over this progressively. 

I agree it felt out of character. But, the whole episode did build up to it. He was gradually coming apart. In the episode before you saw him as happy as he's capable of being when he got the call that the Pierces caved in to him. When it got taken away he couldn't accept it. 

Brian Cox is just incredible in this show.

I can see that, but it feels to me like he's never really faced a challenge like he's getting from Sandy & Stewie, and he's rattled. along with his questionable mentals and his exhausting family, he's coming apart.

what I find interesting is even when they should be showing a united front, the kids still can't stop taking shots at each other. Shiv poking at Roman about his fake book at dinner, and then the whole awkwardness of the panel in the last episode.

the show is called Succession, but none of them is even qualified to succeed.

Tom referring to the presumed "light" cruise line sexual harassment investigation...

That interview is going to be like slipping into a bubble bath. Just light a scented candle in there, put some Eagles on, and start playing with myself.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread