What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Super Bowl LVIII - San Francisco 49'ers 14-5 vs Kansas City Chiefs 14-6*** (+2, 47.5) Chiefs are World Champions 25-22 in Overtime (1 Viewer)

Obviously, Mahomes was MVP after those final two drives, but Chris Jones was low-key a huge factor. Probably wouldn't have won MVP without any signature plays, but not sure KC wins without him:

Reminds me a little of Aaron Donald two years ago. Hard to make a case against Kupp, but Donald was amazing, and single-handedly blew up the Bengals last two offensive plays to clinch the game

Obviously, Mahomes was MVP after those final two drives, but Chris Jones was low-key a huge factor. Probably wouldn't have won MVP without any signature plays, but not sure KC wins without him:

Yep. And seeing the backup guard in front of him in those two plays can't make Niners fans feel any better about the injury situation last night.

Any HOF legacies on the line? Chris Jones and George Kittle come to mind. Kyle Shanahan. Harrison Butker.

Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Spags/CMC/Trent are all locks.

Have to think Chris Jones and Harrison Butker secured their gold jackets no?
Chris Jones is massively overshadowed on this team.

He single handedly prevented the Bills from taking the lead with under two minutes to play and also prevented Purdy from delivering a ball to a wide open SF WR in the end zone.

Ok, so what was that flimsy cart they brought out to take Greenlaw off the field? It looked like a skit from Benny Hill.

Dude tears an Achilles and he has to sit in the front seat? WTF.

I told my buddy it reminded me of the Austin Powers bit - I expected them to put it in reverse and get it stuck.

with far worse receiving options.

No worries. We'll disagree there too. The fact they're winning with Rice as a #1 is amazing. But no worries. Different opinions are what makes the game fun.

Fun to be watching greatness like this.
Ignoring Kelce is very disingenuous on your part. Yes, their WRs corps was blah, similar to the ones Brady had early in his career, but Mahomes having possibly the GOAT TE is an asset Brady never had early in his career.

That said, I am still fine with already putting Mahomes on the QB Mt Rushmore along with TB12, Montana and Peyton.

I hope you don't really mean to accuse me of being disingenuous. I do a lot of things wrong but for the 24 years we've had a board, but I've been honest with my opinions. Hoped you would have seen that. I think everyone understands Kelce and Reid and Jones and the Defense and Veach and Hunt and the assets in Kansas City.
I get all this, but when you say something like the below...

I love Brady but Mahomes is the greatest player of all time.

He's winning rings with Mecole Freaking Hardman and Marquez Valdes-Scantling

...it feels like you were implying that Mahomes is winning rings with a bunch of clowns and that Brady never did. Yes, the defense did the heavy lifting way more often than not on Brady's first three championships, but he never had a skill position player even close to as great as Travis Kelce until 2007.

I've watched Tom Brady since he was a rookie. I'm pretty sure it's all well documented he won tons with not great talent as well. Would be pretty dumb to argue otherwise. Or maybe that's also what you think.

I expect that kind of accusation on twitter but was just sort of surprised to see it here with people who've known me for a long time. I get it though. All good.

you brohans want to know who really doesnt have any wr talent around him me i have literally no wrs its not like i come into the shop and have three or four speedsters running routes in front of me just doesnt happen but i still show up every day and get r dun take that to the bank brochachos

The only thing that matters right now is what folks are preparing for 6:00, both to eat and drink

-We are doing turkey chili to munch on and dip some blue tortilla chips in while watching the game.
Also doing grilled chicken tenders/cutlets with Frank's red hot and some blue cheese dressing to dip in.

Beers in the fridge include...
-Weldwerks "Pop Queen" 4-pack and then a whole bunch of single cans
-Other Half, both the Space and Dusted
-Hawk and Animal-Road Warriors, If you can't be good, be bald, that's the name of it, "Hoof-Hearted", say that a few times out loud
-LA-JFK-TPA by Angry Chair and it's my last can, limited release, f-bomb delicious on a collab with Other Half
-KCBC, Superhero Sidekicks, one of my personal favs
-Magnanimous, numerous ones but the Pilsners they make are awesome, Dynamo and No Nothing
-Equilibrium-Tye Dye, deliciousness

What you got today?
Making an entire Thanksgiving dinner with mash potatoes/gravy, green bean casserole, Sweet potato casserole and cranberry stuffing. Turkey set to come out at 2:30. I know it's unconventional but wth.
Turned out so good making Turkey Tetrazzini with the leftovers!

I think if we're building a Mount Rushmore of Defensive Coordinators, Steve Spagnuolo has to be the George Washington of that, right? Maybe add in Buddy Ryan, **** LeBeau and Monte Kiffin? Terrific DCs, not great head coaches. Spags is a mastermind.

Spags is brilliant. Not sure who else would be there. They guys you mentioned are terrific. Not sure if fair, but Belichick was literally and essentially a DC both.

I get it though. All good.

I don't get it. I'm not being obsequious, either. It would seem a little deference to somebody we know has watched almost every big football event we can think of since the turn of the century is allowed to weigh in without the howls.

I watched both QBs, too, and I think Mahomes might be better than Brady. It's not a ludicrous suggestion or claim.

Oh well. At least you take the howls well. Good on you, Joe. You have more patience than I do.

I get it though. All good.

I don't get it. I'm not being obsequious, either. It would seem a little deference to somebody we know has watched almost every big football event we can think of since the turn of the century is allowed to weigh in without the howls.

I watched both QBs, too, and I think Mahomes might be better than Brady. It's not a ludicrous suggestion or claim.

Oh well. At least you take the howls well. Good on you, Joe. You have more patience than I do.

It's part of the deal. I get it.

Some random thoughts as I try to shake the cobwebs out this morning:

11. Steve Spagnoulo is pretty amazing.
I remember him being historically awful with the Saints. "Allowing the most yards in NFL history" level awful

I'd totally base my opinion on a coach on how his unit performed during the one and only season he had with a squad during the Bounty Gate era where the head coach was suspended for a year and the defensive coordinator he replaced was fired for paying his players to injure other professionals.

Any HOF legacies on the line? Chris Jones and George Kittle come to mind. Kyle Shanahan. Harrison Butker.

He single handedly prevented the Bills from taking the lead with under two minutes to play and also prevented Purdy from delivering a ball to a wide open SF WR in the end zone.

I was talking about him to my buddy before the game. Chris Jones is IMO the most underrated defensive player in the league. Always makes big plays in big moments. Hes a gold jacket guy to me.

I was talking about him to my buddy before the game. Chris Jones is IMO the most underrated defensive player in the league. Always makes big plays in big moments. Hes a gold jacket guy to me.
Mahomes is amazing but I could argue Jones is the biggest reason the Chiefs beat the Niners twice in the Super Bowl.

Mahomes is amazing but I could argue Jones is the biggest reason the Chiefs beat the Niners twice in the Super Bowl.
I couldn’t agree more.

I think if we're building a Mount Rushmore of Defensive Coordinators, Steve Spagnuolo has to be the George Washington of that, right? Maybe add in Buddy Ryan, **** LeBeau and Monte Kiffin? Terrific DCs, not great head coaches. Spags is a mastermind.

Spags is brilliant. Not sure who else would be there. They guys you mentioned are terrific. Not sure if fair, but Belichick was literally and essentially a DC both.

I've got Belichick on a different Mount Rushmore of coaches. Head coaches: Belichick, Andy Reid, Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson. I'd maybe see if I could find a bigger mountain to carve to include Don Shula and Joe Gibbs.....maybe Parcells too. Huh. This is hard!

Talking with a coworker today. I was giving Chris Jones his flowers and he replied: “Who”?

It isn’t like my coworker doesn’t know football, he plays several leagues and we talk about players all the time.

Just shows how criminally underrated Jones is.

I've got Belichick on a different Mount Rushmore of coaches. Head coaches: Belichick, Andy Reid, Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson. I'd maybe see if I could find a bigger mountain to carve to include Don Shula and Joe Gibbs.....maybe Parcells too. Huh. This is hard!
I like your list, but I will replace Andy Reid with Joe Gibbs. Andy has his share of colossal blunders but now he’s got the mistake eraser and possibly the most gifted quarterback we’ve ever seen.

I like your list, but I will replace Andy Reid with Joe Gibbs. Andy has his share of colossal blunders but now he’s got the mistake eraser and possibly the most gifted quarterback we’ve ever seen.

No quibble. Gibbs doing it with 3 different quarterbacks is amazing.

I'm a lifelong WFT fan, and I've known about that stat for years, but it just hit me anew how amazing it is. I think Parcells is the only other one who even had two.

I'm a lifelong WFT fan, and I've known about that stat for years, but it just hit me anew how amazing it is. I think Parcells is the only other one who even had two.
At first I thought Bill Walsh might have done it with Montana & Young. But actually it was George Seifert who won a SB with each as the starting QB.

At first I thought Bill Walsh might have done it with Montana & Young. But actually it was George Seifert who won a SB with each as the starting QB.
Oh right, I forgot that Seifert won two. Always just assumed that Walsh and Montana won four together, just like Noll and Bradshaw.

While anyone who wins two SBs deserves credit, Seifert is probably the luckiest coach to ever pull it off. He won his first by taking over the defending champs, and another with a roster that was built through blatant salary-cap cheating

Super Bowl parade today at 11:00 cst. Beautiful here - going to be 62 and sunny with barely any breeze. Boss gave me the rest of the day off so I'll be watching at home on the back patio with some cold beers and sunshine.

Boys are at the parade. 16 year old went down last night with his girlfriend's family - they had rented a couple hotel rooms right on the parade route. 18 year old went down this morning with a buddy. He tried to smuggle some beers outta the house but my wife caught him. :lmao:.

He only grabbed (3) though, which is funny all on it's own. They took a shuttle from the mall about a mile from my house so at least he had his bases covered. I'll take it easy on him later when he gets home.

I think the parade will be shown on NFL Network if you are so inclined. Have a great day ladies and gents! :banned:

Oh right, I forgot that Seifert won two. Always just assumed that Walsh and Montana won four together, just like Noll and Bradshaw.

While anyone who wins two SBs deserves credit, Seifert is probably the luckiest coach to ever pull it off. He won his first by taking over the defending champs, and another with a roster that was built through blatant salary-cap cheating

Then he went to Carolina where rubber hit road.

Super Bowl parade today at 11:00 cst. Beautiful here - going to be 62 and sunny with barely any breeze. Boss gave me the rest of the day off so I'll be watching at home on the back patio with some cold beers and sunshine.

Boys are at the parade. 16 year old went down last night with his girlfriend's family - they had rented a couple hotel rooms right on the parade route. 18 year old went down this morning with a buddy. He tried to smuggle some beers outta the house but my wife caught him. :lmao:.

He only grabbed (3) though, which is funny all on it's own. They took a shuttle from the mall about a mile from my house so at least he had his bases covered. I'll take it easy on him later when he gets home.

I think the parade will be shown on NFL Network if you are so inclined. Have a great day ladies and gents! :banned:
Enjoy it, GB! I'll reach out and ask for tips after the Lions win next year!

:lmao:

This kid.....he's going places!

Those three were the decoy beers he sacrificed so she wouldn't find the main stash. I played that game many times ...

Users who are viewing this thread