What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SuperBowl XL, not excel...how ironic (1 Viewer)

Loomba

Footballguy
Non-Steelers, non-Seahawks fan here...

But this was a bad football game and a bad piece of entertainment:

1. The pre-game show and national anthem wasn't very good. All the prior MVP's are still fairly young men and former world class athletes. Can't they at least walk to midfield instead of hiding in the corner of the stadium? -- I think Joe Namath was bit tipsy again. It's been several years since I have seen Aretha and Mr. Neville perform live on TV -- now I know why.

1.1 The pizza I ordered was a bit burned on the crust and the deliver guy had a hard time finding my address.

2. The game was poorly played save for a few series by the Seahawks and a few big plays by the Steelers.

3. Regardless of whether you agree with some of the calls, the refs didn't have a great game either. I was surprised this crew got the game. In a one game, winner take all situation, there will always be controversial calls, just not this many...

4. The half time show was bad -- sorry Mick, but you are older than my mom -- and the lyric to Satisfaction is "And I try." Not "twy" like tweediebird.

4.1 I am sure there are some hotties on the squad, but a few of the Seagal closeups had me reaching for another drink to ease the pain -- at least the wine was good.

5. The post-game celebration and trophy presentation was awkward and awful.

6. Not a game that will go down as a great SuperBowl, quite the contrary.

7. I knew I should have bet the under!

8. In Canada, we don't get the Superbowl ads, which is fast becoming the only reason to watch this game.

Congrats to the Steelers on an improbable run -- I am happy for Bettis too. Too bad Seahawks, maybe next year -- you got a team that can make it back to the playoffs easily and there were some tough calls that could have gone either way.

IMHO.

3. Regardless of whether you agree with some of the calls, the refs didn't have a great game either. I was surprised this crew got the game. In a one game, winner take all situation, there will always be controversial calls, just not this many...

Congrats to the Steelers on an improbable run -- I am happy for Bettis too. Too bad Seahawks, maybe next year -- you got a team that can make it back to the playoffs easily and there were some tough calls that could have gone either way.
The 'crew' didn't get the game. The crew for a Super Bowl is an all-star crew put together for that game only.

Well then, there's another way to improve the game. Give it to a crew that is used to working together.

As neither a Seahawks nor Steelers fan, I was somewhat bored. It reminded me of a typical regular season game.

Boring game. Both teams didn't look that great, and the refs had too much impact on the final. Probably one of the worst Super Bowls I've seen in a while. I actually left the party during the 3rd quarter, the first time ever I didn't see it to the end. I'd have to say outside of wildcard weekend, these were the worst playoffs in recent memory.

As neither a Seahawks nor Steelers fan, I was somewhat bored.  It reminded me of a typical regular season game.
Same here. Minus the lame pre-game and half time shows and I would have believed it was a regular season MNF game. I was not excited with the game or the shows.Maybe I just set my expectations too high on the game and for the refs.

:2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
As neither a Seahawks nor Steelers fan, I was somewhat bored. It reminded me of a typical regular season game.
Same here. Minus the lame pre-game and half time shows and I would have believed it was a regular season MNF game. I was not excited with the game or the shows.Maybe I just set my expectations too high on the game and for the refs.

:2cents:
Yeah, I really thought this would be one for the ages. Two teams that matched up pretty good going down to the final minute. I'm still amazed how lame it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to turn to the wine I was drinking to pass the time. The game was that bad. I really thought it was going to come down to the final few minutes.

I guess we can start looking forward to the offseason player movement and the draft now...

Users who are viewing this thread