What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

T.Polamalu Interception (1 Viewer)

Was the call good?

• The refs made the right call.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad call, but I have seen wrose.

• Worst call in NFL history.

• Total voters

LuckyOne

Footballguy
If you saw the play, do you agree with the call?(5:33) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass intended for B.Fletcher INTERCEPTED by T.Polamalu at 50. T.Polamalu to 50 for no gain. FUMBLES, touched at PIT 48, and recovers at PIT 48. T.Polamalu to PIT 48 for no gain (J.Saturday). Play Challenged by IND and REVERSED. (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete to B.Fletcher (T.Polamalu).

Other (because it doesn't matter). Pete Morrelli should be banned from the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't even the worst call in the game. The no call of the earlier play was far worse and should result in the firings of 2-3 officials.That said, the Steelers were seriously robbed here. His knee down has nothing to do with anything unless somebody touched him with his knee down. This isn't college.

If you saw the play, do you agree with the call?

(5:33) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass intended for B.Fletcher INTERCEPTED by T.Polamalu at 50. T.Polamalu to 50 for no gain. FUMBLES, touched at PIT 48, and recovers at PIT 48. T.Polamalu to PIT 48 for no gain (J.Saturday). Play Challenged by IND and REVERSED. (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete to B.Fletcher (T.Polamalu).
Honestly, I don't think I have seen too many worse. I'd like to know how the ref interpreted which rule to think his knee being on the ground had anything to do with it. Anyone have any clarificaitons?

Honest to Christ, how far does a guy have to run after catching the ball to be credited with an interception. One of the five worst calls I've ever seen.

If you saw the play, do you agree with the call?

(5:33) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass intended for B.Fletcher INTERCEPTED by T.Polamalu at 50. T.Polamalu to 50 for no gain. FUMBLES, touched at PIT 48, and recovers at PIT 48. T.Polamalu to PIT 48 for no gain (J.Saturday). Play Challenged by IND and REVERSED. (Shotgun) P.Manning pass incomplete to B.Fletcher (T.Polamalu).
Honestly, I don't think I have seen too many worse. I'd like to know how the ref interpreted which rule to think his knee being on the ground had anything to do with it. Anyone have any clarificaitons?
No. His explanation made no sense. The call made me think football is no different from boxing. Fixed. In the end, it didn't matter. But the NFL should look into this clown.

that was clearly an interception.. what a ####### ref..worst call ever
Is there some crazy rule in the rulebook that could explain this ruling? You catch the ball but fumble it getting up = incomplete? Otherwise it is incomprehensible. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about this.

Right call due to being consistant. Been other calls like that this year that resulted in the same incomlete call.
Huh? WTF? I'm calling b.s. You couldn't name one play even remotely like it, called like it. That was just pitiful.

Who is voting that the call was correct? What could possibly be the explanation? Unless there is some crazy NFL rule, that is unexcusable.

Definitely the worst reversal of a play since the NFL brought in instant replay.There's been tons of bad no calls or what not but with instant replay, I don't think Iv'e seen one worse then this.

Who is voting that the call was correct? What could possibly be the explanation? Unless there is some crazy NFL rule, that is unexcusable.
The 8 Colts' fans who haven't jumped out their windows yet?

The Refs did everything they could to keep the Colts in it.Question if Polamalu stays on the turf is it a INT. Answer YES,so it should have been ruled that way.But the NFL wanted the Colts to play in this years Super Bowl.Too bad Manning is the QB and Vandy is the kicker. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Maybe next year.They have to fire Dungy and cut Vandy,if they want a shot at winning the SB. :popcorn:

The Steelers were robbed. Terrible call. What would have happened if he didnt get up -- just stayed down. Answer -- he had control and it clearly would have been an interception. How can trying to get up hurt his cause? Thats ridiculous.I wanted Indy to win up until that play -- that was just BS.

The Steelers were robbed. Terrible call. What would have happened if he didnt get up -- just stayed down. Answer -- he had control and it clearly would have been an interception. How can trying to get up hurt his cause? Thats ridiculous.

I wanted Indy to win up until that play -- that was just BS.
:goodposting: :bye: Oh I mean :bye: Colts.

It's sad ta' see calls messed up that bad when the playoffs are supposed to have the league's most competent officials...... :angry:

That official should be demoted. Seriously. That was one of the all-time worst calls I've ever seen, and is totally inexcusable in any game, let alone a playoff game.

The official should lose his job.Making yourself the game in a game of that magnitude when the correct call had been made on the field is worthy of being fired.

What about the no call on the pass interference early on against Indy? How on Earth do you not make a call on that?What about the no call when Indy jumped up on defense and touched the Pitt line? Sure it should've been false start on Pitt...but how do you stop the play and then rule that nothing...at all...happened?!There were also some false starts on Indy's number 78 that were never even noticed in the second half.The refs in my opinion were doing everything possible to help Indy in this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
24 people have voted that they have seen worse - can anyone elaborate? I've been watching football for 20+ years, and nothing is coming to mind...especially with respect to the magnitude of the call - in the playoffs - potientially game changing call...(some might say the tuck, but that was correctly interpreted wrt the rule - disagreeing with the rule is for another debate.)

That official should be demoted. Seriously. That was one of the all-time worst calls I've ever seen, and is totally inexcusable in any game, let alone a playoff game.
And to think it was on the review. :no:

The official should lose his job.

Making yourself the game in a game of that magnitude when the correct call had been made on the field is worthy of being fired.
Don't forget the offsides not called. :popcorn:

It wasn't even the worst call in the game. The no call of the earlier play was far worse and should result in the firings of 2-3 officials.

That said, the Steelers were seriously robbed here. His knee down has nothing to do with anything unless somebody touched him with his knee down. This isn't college.
Agreed. I was rooting for the Colts, but they got so many breaks from the refs it wasn't even funny. The non-call on PI and the non-call where the entire Colts d-line was offsides were both disgraceful.

Slightly off-topic but that Pomalu guy sure is a class act. After one of worst calls ever (and a pivotal one in the game) he didnt ##### at all. He just put his helmet back on, got back on the field and broke up the next play. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I thought it was interesting when the announcers started talking about how since it was ruled in INT...that they'd need a lot to overturn the call. I was thinking...there's so much there showing that it's definitely an INT that if they'd have ruled it initially as an incomplete pass...it would DEFINITELY get overturned and ruled an INT.How sadly wrong I was...they went to the complete opposite side of the spectrum of what I saw...

What about the no call on the pass interference early on against Indy? How on Earth do you not make a call on that?

What about the no call when Indy jumped up on defense and touched the Pitt line? Sure it should've been false start on Pitt...but how do you stop the play and then rule that nothing...at all...happened?!

There were also some false starts on Indy's number 78 that were never even noticed in the second half.

The refs in my opinion were doing everything possible to help Indy in this game.
:goodposting: I missed some of those in my post,too many bad calls to help the Colts.

And they still lost. :lmao:

I hate Steelers more than any other team in the NFL. But this was such a ridiculous call that it almost made me root for the Steelers at the end because if the Colts had won, it would have been a joke.

Also, what was up with the 4th and inches false start debacle? Since no flags were thrown, it would seem that after all the commotion someone would get penalized if not just for everyone standing up and pointing with no penalty called.

Slightly off-topic but that Pomalu guy sure is a class act. After one of worst calls ever (and a pivotal one in the game) he didnt ##### at all. He just put his helmet back on, got back on the field and broke up the next play. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Agreed. He's already become one of my all-time favorites. Outside of the dumb play last week at Cincy, he's class all around.

Actually, the more I think about it the more it makes at least a little bit of sense. I think the slow-mo just makes it look like he had the ball for a really long time.If you really think about it, if you dive for a ball and then roll over from the dive and the ball comes flying out all in one motion I could see it being called incomplete, this play was just a little less pronounced than that, though I guess since his knee was still on the ground it was 'technically' the same thing?Still no way I would overturn it though..

Actually, the more I think about it the more it makes at least a little bit of sense. I think the slow-mo just makes it look like he had the ball for a really long time.
OK - but they made the correct call in real time, and the bad call on the review.

Pathetic call, but I have seen a some that are slightly worse (but not in a game of this magnitude).

I think the miss call on Randle El early in the game. The Samuel pass interference from last night, and when the gace Farris an offensive pass interfernce yesterday where all just as bad... It seems that calls have really gone down hill this year.

Also, what was up with the 4th and inches false start debacle? Since no flags were thrown, it would seem that after all the commotion someone would get penalized if not just for everyone standing up and pointing with no penalty called.
I was wondering the same thing. At the very least it should be delay of game offense. If they claim nobody moved then the play claock eventually had to expire. Of course they will claim that it can't be delay of game because the whistle blew. Well who blew their friggin whistle if you claiim nobody moved or there was no contact. Yeah pretty poor officiating.

Also, what was up with the 4th and inches false start debacle?  Since no flags were thrown, it would seem that after all the commotion someone would get penalized if not just for everyone standing up and pointing with no penalty called.
I was wondering the same thing. At the very least it should be delay of game offense. If they claim nobody moved then the play claock eventually had to expire. Of course they will claim that it can't be delay of game because the whistle blew. Well who blew their friggin whistle if you claiim nobody moved or there was no contact. Yeah pretty poor officiating.
It can't be delay of game on the offense. It was one of two things:1. A Steeler player moved early. I didn't see anybody jump on the replay.

2. With the entire Indy d-line on the Pit side of the line of scrimmage, the first movement by any o-linemen creates a neutral zone infraction on the defense.

It seemed like (2) was the obvious call.

Personally, this year's playoffs have had THE worst collection of calls I can think of. The Polamalu INT was indeed an INT. The BS pass interference in the Pats game yesterday. Whole bunch of them...

Archie Manning....err I mean Pete Morrelli made a horrendous call! It is like a league directive was given to him when he was reviewing the replay...sad. :loco:

Personally, this year's playoffs have had THE worst collection of calls I can think of. The Polamalu INT was indeed an INT. The BS pass interference in the Pats game yesterday. Whole bunch of them...
Don't forget the bogus no pass interference call on a bomb to Randel-El.

Users who are viewing this thread