What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay at The WFT +10(45)*** "Bring on Brady! and Be Careful What Young Wish For" (2 Viewers)

yes, they are good, but like 2 of those people are in their prime
Thomas "Not in my prime" Brady threw for 4633 yards and 40 TDs this year

Robert "Same Age as Travis Kelce" Gronkowski was the 6th most productive TE in the NFL

Michael "Just Set NFL Record for Consecutive Seasons with 1000 Yards" Evans scored 13 TDs this year, a new personal best 

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it today with coaches going for 2 when it makes no sense.
It seems to be en vogue to go for 2 down 8 in the fourth quarter.  I get the math behind it but what I don't understand is if the math is sound why not do it in the first quarter too?  I think Oregon in college was the first to do it from the beginning of the game.  I think we should be prepared for almost all teams doing it eventually.

Thomas "Not in my prime" Brady threw for 4633 yards and 40 TDs this year

Rob "Same Age as Travis Kelce" Gronkowski was the 6th most productive TE in the NFL

Mike "Just Set NFL Record for Consecutive Seasons with 1000 Yards" Evans scored 13 TDs this year, a new personal best 
Like I said, they are plenty good. Might even beat Green Bay next week. But Gronk was 100 fantasy points behind Kelce, so you can't really say GOAT TE at this point in his life.

It seems to be en vogue to go for 2 down 8 in the fourth quarter.  I get the math behind it but what I don't understand is if they math is sound why not do it in the first quarter too?  I think Oregon in college was the first to do it from the beginning of the game.  I think we should be prepared for almost all teams doing it eventually.
Not to mention, extra points are kinda hard now. Succop had just missed kick before.

Like I said, they are plenty good. Might even beat Green Bay next week. But Gronk was 100 fantasy points behind Kelce, so you can't really say GOAT TE at this point in his life.
The Bears would need to beat the Saints for them to play, next week at least.

It seems to be en vogue to go for 2 down 8 in the fourth quarter.  I get the math behind it but what I don't understand is if the math is sound why not do it in the first quarter too?  I think Oregon in college was the first to do it from the beginning of the game.  I think we should be prepared for almost all teams doing it eventually.
You're right. To maximize scoring you would go for two. But this whole new en voguish thing depends on the assumption that it rests upon. Is it, percentage-wise, something that operates from a sound premise, these numbers? I get the arguments for it. But I don't think all two-point conversions are created equal and that there's a fallacy of division there which makes it incorrect in the end. But who am I?

That Mac commercial annoyed me. I realize how stupid rapping looks on camera when people act all hard-assed but can't pull it off. 

Of course not, but he's also like a 4th option now. It's a nice 4th option. That offense is as loaded as WC Fields at a wine tasting. 

Every time I see a mock with WFT taking a QB, I watch how much Bostic sucks at MLB and laugh.  There are HS kids with more talent.

Wow. Fournette showing some pass-catching and wheels.

Makes you wonder how these "can't catch" tags happen. He did it last year, too. Makes you wonder how many guys get that tag undeservedly from just a few drops.

I thought Washington's defense was supposed to be good
This is just a dumb statement. They are good. Not their best night tonight, but if you think it’s not a good defense, I’d like to hear who you think is a good D. By any metric out there, they have had an exceptional season.

Tirico likes to tell you every single little blurb or word that is spoken to him by these little meeting he gets to have all week...I wonder how much actual time they spend talking to Tirico...how many actual minutes did Brady spend enriching Tirico for the broadcast tonight? 

@APMarkLong: So many bad Jaguars memories in Bucs-Washington game:

-- Jack Del Rio and Byron Leftwich matching wits.

-- Blaine Gabbert (the guy Jax traded up to draft w/out JDR knowing) on the bench & Ryan Kerrigan (the guy Jax should have drafted) on the field. 

-- And Leonard Fournette.

Dungy actually ask a good question about why the play wasn't stopped from the booth...why should TB have to call the timeout to have it looked at...that was excellent. 

And of course play on the field stands as usual

Users who are viewing this thread