What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

2018 he was a rookie, 2019 finished #5 and finished #6 this year.

Tex
He's good, but when it comes to TE's that is kind of my point.  The difference between him at #6 and the #15 ranked TE is about 30 points over a season.  I just don't think it is worth overpaying for that minimal amount of production considering how much cheaper the other options will be.   Obviously Kelce is in a tier of his own right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Andrews caught 4-of-11 targets for 28 yards in the Ravens' Division Round loss to the Bills.

Andrews took a step back in 2020 after his 64-852-10 receiving line last season. Across 14 games, he turned 88 targets into 58 receptions for 701 yards and eight touchdowns, enough production to hang around the top-five tight end rankings for the entire campaign. Lamar Jackson's inconsistent accuracy and dominant rushing make Andrews a volatile fantasy asset on a week-to-week basis even though he is the Ravens' No. 1 or No. 2 passing-game target. Andrews, 25, belongs in the second tier of positional rankings heading into summer fantasy drafts. The 2021 season will be a contract year for Andrews.

- Rotoworld

So much is tied to Jackson and the step back that he took this year. But I also don't think Brown and the other WRs really put much fear into people and Andrews is the obvious key on defense in the passing game. 

I don't really expect any of that to change, though, and I am now on the side that thinks Lamar is just never going to be a good consistent passer. Even in Jackson ceiling games it's quite possible Andrews is at his floor. 

IDK if they can open up the passing game by bringing in a true alpha then I could see Andrews being a buy low. I'm probably avoiding, though.

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said the team is in contract extension talks with Mark Andrews. 

Signing Andrews, who has a base salary of $3.4 million in 2021 before becoming an unrestricted free agent in 2022, looks to be a priority for Baltimore. "I love everything about Mark," DeCosta said. "He's the type of guy we want to keep." Andrews had a down year in 2020, catching 58 passes in 14 games -- ninth most among tight ends. His seam-busting ability makes Andrews a key piece of the Baltimore offense, as seen in 2019 when he caught ten touchdowns and scored the second most fantasy points among tight ends. 

SOURCE: Ryan Mink on Twitter 

Mar 9, 2021, 10:11 AM ET

Ravens signed TE Mark Andrews to a four-year, $56 million extension through 2024.

Andrews gets $37.6 million guaranteed, and his $14 million per year on the new deal puts him right behind George Kittle and Travis Kelce in terms of the highest-paid at the position. Andrews was set to enter the final year of his contract and is looking for a rebound year after taking steps back across the board last season. With an improved surrounding cast, the arrow is up on Andrews, who should flirt with double-digit touchdowns.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 6, 2021, 7:49 PM ET

The market just has not reacted enough to what’s been going on in Baltimore and it just keeps going on. I’m loving his value for this season. Look at that offense. It’s Lamar and Andrews. That’s the top end talent.

Mark Andrews caught 3-of-5 targets for 20 yards in the Ravens' Week 1 loss to the Raiders.

It was a night to forget for the newly-minted tight end, who had a drop in this one and never really got going in the passing game, as he continued to rotate in and out with guys like Patrick Ricard, Josh Oliver, and Eric Tomlinson. Both Sammy Watkins (8) and Marquise Brown (6) saw more targets than Andrews. He'll still be a surefire TE1 for next week's showdown with the Chiefs.

Gotta think this is Andrews worst game of the year.

LV did something scheme wise to take him away...shocking. Didn't think they had the personnel to do that.

Roman will figure this out. Way to attack KC is down the middle vs. outside the hashes.

Gotta think this is Andrews worst game of the year.

LV did something scheme wise to take him away...shocking. Didn't think they had the personnel to do that.

Roman will figure this out. Way to attack KC is down the middle vs. outside the hashes.
I dunno. He was basically all or nothing last year as well.

Andrews is a top 5 TE but he isn't waller/kelce.  He's an actual TE so that means his production will vary
Id put him 5th. Not disagreeing with you at all. I was disagreeing with the statement that this was his worst game of the year. He will have several other games like this.

Id put him 5th. Not disagreeing with you at all. I was disagreeing with the statement that this was his worst game of the year. He will have several other games like this.

And I was agreeing with you because all TE's outside of Kelce/Waller have a number of these games

Mark Andrews caught five of seven targets for 109 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 win against the Lions. 

Andrews gashed the Detroit defense with a 41-yard catch in the second half -- the longest play of the day for either team in an ugly slugfest. Andrews' seven targets was tied for the team lead with Sammy Watkins and Marquise Brown. Playing more snaps and running more pass routes than he ever has in Baltimore's offense, Andrews is set to explode this season. He's a no-brainer TE1 play next week against the Broncos.

Mark Andrews caught five of eight targets for 67 yards in the Ravens' Week 4 win against the Broncos. 

But oh, what could have been. Andrews caught a 30-yard score from Lamar Jackson that was called back on a holding call and didn't get another shot at a big play while Baltimore ran out of the clock with a comfortable lead. Andrews has had fantastic usage through the first month of the regular season, seeing bumps in pass routes and targets per route run. Everything points to Andrews breaking out in the coming weeks -- perhaps he'll start in Week 5 against the Colts.

Mark Andrews caught 11-of-13 targets for 147 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 5 win over the Colts.

Andrews entered this one with zero red-zone targets on the season and was obviously due for a monster game in the very near future. The targets, catches, yards, and touchdowns were all new season-highs for the newly-minted tight end, who cashed in right before Week 1. Andrews was just picking apart the middle of the field against Indy's soft zone defense and scored touchdowns from five and four yards out in the fourth quarter, catching a pair of two-point conversions on top of it all. Andrews has a pair of 100-yard games in his last three contests and gets a Week 6 date with the Chargers, who allowed 7-149-1 to David Njoku in Week 5.

Oct 11, 2021, 11:47 PM ET

Mark Andrews caught 5-of-10 targets for 44 yards in the Ravens' Week 9 win against the Vikings. 

It could have been a much better day for Andrews if he hadn't dropped a 30-yard touchdown in the first quarter on a gorgeous ball from Lamar Jackson. Jackson nearly threw two picks when targeting Andrews on the day. The ten targets were a good sign for Andrews -- who had just 13 targets over his past two outings -- but the results were disappointing in a high-scoring, back-and-forth affair against Minnesota. Andrews, who missed a couple plays with an apparent injury in the fourth quarter, will be a top-5 option in Week 10 against Miami. 

- NBC SportsEDGE

Mark Andrews caught 6-of-8 targets for 63 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 10 loss to the Dolphins. 

Andrews' five-yard score with 4:12 remaining was the Ravens' first — and only — touchdown of the evening. Mysteriously, Dolphins DB Eric Rowe simply gave up on the ball in the end zone, leaving Andrews all alone. The score was his fourth in five games, and a good outcome for fantasy managers on a night where the Ravens' offense was never in sync. For Week 11, Andrews gets a Bears defense that is so far bottom five in tight end fantasy points surrendered.  

Nov 12, 2021, 12:25 AM ET

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-10 targets for 65 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 12 win over Cleveland.

It was a wild night for Andrews, who was targeted on all four of Lamar Jackson's interceptions. Andrews got his touchdown and 39 of his yards on desperation throws from Jackson on the Ravens’ opening drive of the second half. One of the most consistent tight ends in the league, Andrews has over 50 yards in 8-of-11 games. He'll remain a top-five option for a matchup with the Steelers in Week 13.

Nov 29, 2021, 1:35 AM ET

In my keeper league, this is the guy I am keeping. I think he gives you an edge over every TE not named Kelce.

Offense will funnel through him.

In my keeper league, this is the guy I am keeping. I think he gives you an edge over every TE not named Kelce.

Offense will funnel through him.

I have seen him ranked as the top TE ahead of Kelce going into next year.   He should be an absolute target hog next year, but I still don't always trust Lamar to get him the ball as much as they should. 

I have seen him ranked as the top TE ahead of Kelce going into next year.   He should be an absolute target hog next year, but I still don't always trust Lamar to get him the ball as much as they should. 
Jackson or Huntley, he's never overlooked. No drop off last year when Huntley came in. I think he targeted him even more than Jackson.

I follow Baltimore and don't think lack of targets will ever be a problem with Andrews. 

He tends to get dinged up a lot because of the way he plays - seriously, Mark: stop trying to jump over every tackler. Last season was an outlier for him in that he didn't have a "Q" by his name every week.

Anyway, he's a beast but last year's numbers may be hard to replicate. 

Uruk-Hai said:
I follow Baltimore and don't think lack of targets will ever be a problem with Andrews. 

He tends to get dinged up a lot because of the way he plays - seriously, Mark: stop trying to jump over every tackler. Last season was an outlier for him in that he didn't have a "Q" by his name every week.

Anyway, he's a beast but last year's numbers may be hard to replicate. 
Last year Andrews had 154 targets, 107 receptions, 1361 yards and 9 TD

EPSN’s 2022 projection for him are 123 targets, 82 receptions, 1016 yards and 8 TD

What do you think of those projections?

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/players/projections

Last year Andrews had 154 targets, 107 receptions, 1361 yards and 9 TD

EPSN’s 2022 projection for him are 123 targets, 82 receptions, 1016 yards and 8 TD

What do you think of those projections?

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/players/projections
I think those are more realistic and entirely reachable. Maybe he'll do a tad better if he misses zero time.

2021 Baltimore was just odd and I'd put very little stock in the numbers from last year as any kind of benchmark. 

Ruffrodys05 said:
Jackson or Huntley, he's never overlooked. No drop off last year when Huntley came in. I think he targeted him even more than Jackson.
Andrews was actually much more productive with Huntley. He became the undisputed #1, where it was about equal with Hollywood when Jackson was starting.

Andrews average when Jackson was starting: 5.3-67.6-.42, which would have been 90-1149-7 over an entire season.

Andrews average when Huntley was starting: 8.6-110-.80, which would have been 146-1870-14 over an entire season.

Gentle reminder in week 5 (with Lamar Jackson) last year, Andrews went 11/147/2. He has a longer history with Jackson than 2021. He has just as big of a ceiling with Jackson and this narrative that he doesn't is a little shortsighted IMO. On a week to week basis, the guy is the featured passing weapon and occasionally matchups favor him to be targeted heavily. Other times perhaps defenses are able to key on him. But avoiding Andrews based on his splits with Jackson is misguided IMO. If avoiding because of Andrews ADP or other reasons, so be it. I would also add that inexperienced QBs often lock onto either their TE or their number 1 passing option. It isn't super surprising that Huntley gave him a slightly bigger ceiling. But does it matter for us?

Gentle reminder in week 5 (with Lamar Jackson) last year, Andrews went 11/147/2. He has a longer history with Jackson than 2021. He has just as big of a ceiling with Jackson and this narrative that he doesn't is a little shortsighted IMO. On a week to week basis, the guy is the featured passing weapon and occasionally matchups favor him to be targeted heavily. Other times perhaps defenses are able to key on him. But avoiding Andrews based on his splits with Jackson is misguided IMO. If avoiding because of Andrews ADP or other reasons, so be it. I would also add that inexperienced QBs often lock onto either their TE or their number 1 passing option. It isn't super surprising that Huntley gave him a slightly bigger ceiling. But does it matter for us?
I would disagree with the bolded.  In 3 seasons with Jackson starting, Andrews best season was 64-852-10.  That's nowhere near the level he was putting up with Huntley last year. 

Andrews with Jackson is a very solid TE1, but he's never really been elite with him. Not saying he should be avoided based on his QB splits, but expectations should certainly be different. 

I wouldn't have Andrews as my TE1 going into this year, and I might not have him at #2 either. Big fan of the guy though. 

Throw out last year's splits. 2021 was not indicative of anything, other than that Andrews is good. The entire offense (& defense) was a damned mess. 

As I said above, I think ESPN's projections are pretty close to what he'll do in a normal year. Where that falls amongst other TEs, I'll leave up to you smart guys. He's Jackson's #1 target. That's not changing.

Flyer TE name to file away is making a name for himself in the Ravens camp.

-------------------------

Sarah Ellison@sgellison

In just the last 24 hours, Ravens rookie TE Isaiah Likely has received glowing endorsements from Lamar Jackson, James Proche and Tony Jefferson. Better jump on the Isaiah train quickly because it’s Likely to fill up soon

--------------------------

Didn't see any mentions of him so I posted here.

Flyer TE name to file away is making a name for himself in the Ravens camp.

-------------------------

Sarah Ellison@sgellison

In just the last 24 hours, Ravens rookie TE Isaiah Likely has received glowing endorsements from Lamar Jackson, James Proche and Tony Jefferson. Better jump on the Isaiah train quickly because it’s Likely to fill up soon

--------------------------

Didn't see any mentions of him so I posted here.
Here is a small thread about him https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/803756-te-isaiah-likely-bal/#comment-23970308

So where are people's projections for this guy landing with everything going on? He has potential and ability to be TE1 but also the potential to disappoint IMO. Hardest guy for me to project right now.

We all agree that last year was an outlier, but if you go back to 2019 and 2020, he only had 98 and 88 targets respectively. This is a far cry from the triple digit targets we're seeing projected for him this year which seems to be assuming last year's situation at least partially applies.

And now with the rise of Likely, I'm really worried we're over-projecting Andrews and this is going to be one of those situations we come back to with hindsight and wonder what were we thinking.

Are people really worried about Likely eating into Andrews volume? That's weird if you axe me. Andrews isn't just some guy the Ravens found to play tight end.

Are people really worried about Likely eating into Andrews volume? That's weird if you axe me. Andrews isn't just some guy the Ravens found to play tight end.
Likely is a non-factor this year... I don't see it. For the same reason people thought Pitts was a Redraft bust, Likely is more (likely) a redraft bust. The Ravens know the time it takes to bring a TE along and they aren't taking snaps away from Andrews.

Vacated targets, trust from his QB, already high volume guy, TE1 - drafted him as such and felt great getting him in the 3rd round.

So where are people's projections for this guy landing with everything going on? He has potential and ability to be TE1 but also the potential to disappoint IMO. Hardest guy for me to project right now.

We all agree that last year was an outlier, but if you go back to 2019 and 2020, he only had 98 and 88 targets respectively. This is a far cry from the triple digit targets we're seeing projected for him this year which seems to be assuming last year's situation at least partially applies.

And now with the rise of Likely, I'm really worried we're over-projecting Andrews and this is going to be one of those situations we come back to with hindsight and wonder what were we thinking.
He's due for some regression, but I don't know why we'd expect a big drop off back to '19 and '20 numbers. He's clearly elevated his game since then, and he was on pace for (low) triple digit targets those years as well but missed some time. And as good as he was last year, his TD rate was the lowest he's had, so could see some improvement there as well.

They've got ~200 vacated targets from last year between Brown and Watkins, so there's tons of room for Bateman, Likely, and the rest to get theirs without negatively impacting Andrews. If healthy, I'd be shocked if he doesn't get 125+ targets, with plenty of upside still from there.

Mark Andrews caught 5-of-7 targets for 52 yards in the Ravens' Week 1 win against the Jets.

Andrews led all Ravens pass catchers with a 23.4 percent target share in what was a run-heavy game plan for a Baltimore offense that led throughout. He displayed his otherworldly chemistry with Lamar Jackson with an over-the-top lob on third and long in the fourth quarter. Andrews would have likely been far more involved if this game had been competitive. He's once again an elite fantasy option in Week 2 against the Dolphins.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Mark Andrews caught 8-of-13 targets for 89 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 3 win over the Patriots.

Andrews was targeted early and often in this one, with his best drive coming on the Ravens' second possession of the game. On that drive, Andrews caught four passes for 39 yards, capping the drive with a five-yard score to give the Ravens their first touchdown of the afternoon. Andrews would score on a 16-yard touchdown in the second quarter, accounting for two of Lamar Jackson's four passing touchdowns on the afternoon. Andrews has now caught 22 passes for 245 yards and three touchdowns on the season. Arguably the best fantasy tight end in the game, he could be in for another big game next week against the Bills.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Lamar is putting it on him thru some tight windows. Andrews is never way open, but the ball is where only he can catch it and he catches it.

So, say we were drafting again after 3 weeks. Does Andrews go top-5 overall? What an advantage he's been so far, and there are no reasons to think its stopping.

Mark Andrews caught 8-of-9 targets for 89 yards and a touchdown in Baltimore's Week 5 win over the Bengals.​

After a blip last week against Buffalo, Andrews came back with an as-expected level game on Sunday Night Football. A pick play over the middle left Andrews wide open on a crosser in the second quarter for an easy walk-in touchdown, and he added 20- and 19-yard catches on a drive that spanned the third and fourth quarters and ended with another field goal. Andrews is one of the few must-start tight ends in the NFL heading into Week 6 against former Ravens DC Wink Martindale.
Oct 9, 2022, 11:28 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread