What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tebow (1 Viewer)

Brilliant move. All Belichek wants to do is win. All Tebow does is win. Give him a couple seasons backing up Brady and then hand him the reigns and they'll have a dynasty for another decade.
:lmao:
I'm serious. Tebow's a winner. He can easily be molded into the Belichik prototype QB. Opponents should be scared of what his skill-set could do with Bill calling the shots... all sorts of crazy trick plays and matchup problems galore. At the very least, now the 2 games vs. the Jets this year are gimme wins for the Pats. The only thing better than taping the other guys' practices is hiring their QB who knows all the plays and all the calls.
I know you started out talking about Tebow, but not sure who you're referring to by the time you reach the bolded part.

Tebow is dominating....this and every other football board and every sports channel.

Cue, Skip Clueless. Should be in rare form tomorrow as he is up late tonight rehersing his script.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance, any chance at all, Tebow comes in and runs for a 2 point conversion or 5 yard TD against the Jets this year?

You betcha.

Oh I definitely expect Tebow to be used frequently against the Jets and given how incompetent and arrogant the Jets are he will probably have a really good game. The problem is that there are 14 more games in the season.

A lot of me wants to see Tebow succeed and shove it up that Ryan's fat ###. But then I watch the 4 letter network and see every single guy shove him down our throats and I am back to hoping he breaks his leg

Oh I definitely expect Tebow to be used frequently against the Jets and given how incompetent and arrogant the Jets are he will probably have a really good game. The problem is that there are 14 more games in the season.

A lot of me wants to see Tebow succeed and shove it up that Ryan's fat ###. But then I watch the 4 letter network and see every single guy shove him down our throats and I am back to hoping he breaks his leg
awkward rage

For the Tebow fans out there, how can you seriously be happy with this signing? I can only imagine 3 other worse places for him to sign (Green Bay, New Orleans and NYG).

All you've wanted was for him to get a chance to start again as you believe he has the skills necessary to succeed as an NFL starting QB - going to a place he has zero chance of taking a single snap at QB, is actually worse than not signing at all right now (as you may have been better to hold out in the off chance another teams starting QB was injured and a team wanted to take a chance on you).

What would really be telling (sorry if it's already out there) is the salary/bonus he got for signing.

I'll be surprised if he makes the team. I doubt the Pats will carry 3 Qbs, and Tebow won't beat out any of the top 4 TEs on the roster. I think he's camp fodder.

For the Tebow fans out there, how can you seriously be happy with this signing? I can only imagine 3 other worse places for him to sign (Green Bay, New Orleans and NYG).

All you've wanted was for him to get a chance to start again as you believe he has the skills necessary to succeed as an NFL starting QB - going to a place he has zero chance of taking a single snap at QB, is actually worse than not signing at all right now (as you may have been better to hold out in the off chance another teams starting QB was injured and a team wanted to take a chance on you).

What would really be telling (sorry if it's already out there) is the salary/bonus he got for signing.
Agreed. If you think he's already a starting-quality QB, then this is horrible for him.

But I imagine many Tebow fans never fully believed that. And now he may be able to learn under Brady, improve his skills and his market value, and eventually get another chance to prove he's a starter. Cassel and Hoyer both got chances to start coming out of NE

tebow signed, nice try anti christian folks that tried to run non stop propaganda on tebow "he just isnt good" "he cant throw" "he is a distraction" :lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ed4njuix8 ggs
Wait - I thought he was being blackballed by the NFL because he was a christian which was why he wasn't signed earlier? Since he signed with NE (an NFL team), what does that do to your 'theory'?
He was being blackballed by the majority of the NFL, I am glad at least one team didn't let the hatred for tebow blind their evaluation of talent.

tebow signed, nice try anti christian folks that tried to run non stop propaganda on tebow "he just isnt good" "he cant throw" "he is a distraction" :lmao: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ed4njuix8 ggs
Wait - I thought he was being blackballed by the NFL because he was a christian which was why he wasn't signed earlier? Since he signed with NE (an NFL team), what does that do to your 'theory'?
He was being blackballed by the majority of the NFL, I am glad at least one team didn't let the hatred for tebow blind their evaluation of talent.
Keep the dream alive, shnikies.

You serious Clark?

:goodposting:

Coaches were afraid of his raw talent. Bill sees the light.

Just wait until tomorrow once John Skipper has sent the memo on how all the talking heads should talk about Tebow.

awkward rage
Cognitive Dissonance?

Brilliant move. All Belichek wants to do is win. All Tebow does is win. Give him a couple seasons backing up Brady and then hand him the reigns and they'll have a dynasty for another decade.
:lmao:
I'm serious. Tebow's a winner. He can easily be molded into the Belichik prototype QB. Opponents should be scared of what his skill-set could do with Bill calling the shots... all sorts of crazy trick plays and matchup problems galore. At the very least, now the 2 games vs. the Jets this year are gimme wins for the Pats. The only thing better than taping the other guys' practices is hiring their QB who knows all the plays and all the calls.
You serious?

Note to Ducktales: please be assured that I don't hate Tebow or hate Christians. In all seriousness, I'm big fan of Russell Wilson and happy he got a chance to start over a veteran last year. This post is just my observation.

While I believe that the media hype machine is way out of control, I don't hold Tebow completely blameless. I get that he's a nice guy and is a highly decorated college player. But I also think he's used to getting a lot of attention, partly because of his football accomplishments, partly because the media can't resist a good story, and partly because he gets to proclaim the Christian message. Media outlets are all too happy to promote him, and Tebow doesn't seem to be pushing them away. So both sides have been fueling each other.

Tebow can certainly benefit from learning behind Brady, although with the complexity of the New England offense, I don't think it will happen very soon. But I think what may help Tebow the most is by watching Belichek's approach to the media. Tebow doesn't have to be a carbon copy of Belichek, but just learn when to engage the media and when not to. In my opinion, now is that time to not engage the media as much. Retreat a bit, take himself out of the spotlight, spend that extra time taking the reps on his own time if that's how he learns better, and give a team an undeniable reason to consider him as a solid #2/possible #1. Because if he can't prove he can hang around and function as a #2 (at a minimum) for a team not solely built around his college offense, he's going to lose his NFL platform for spreading his Christian message, which is probably the most important thing to him anyway.

Well:

- At QB: He could be camp fodder, maybe give him some play in preseason and let him shows his stuff. - Or he could be a 3rd string 1-2 year project (make the roster, but keep him inactive).

- By my count the Pats have at least 5 viable to premier TE's on their roster, and they have 2 FB's, including two guys Develin & Bartholomew, who appear to be no-names (Fiammetta is gone).

- He could be some kind of Jim Jensen special teamer.

There is no way that BB would ever pull Brady for anyone ever. But - By my recollection, the Pats have not really used a FB in recent years. From what I recall, they have used Hernandez, Gronk, Fells, Oh-oh, etc., there (and even on occasion run the tight end on a sweep or two). Knowing that, and knowing BB's penchant for football purism (or throwback-ism, if you will) how about (on some occasion, as a single game wrinkle, and I would guess it would be vs the Jets) we perhaps see TT in the same backfield with Brady and a RB in the same way he has used backup TE's, except in this situation the FB would pose the possibility of blocking, running or passing?

Well:

- At QB: He could be camp fodder, maybe give him some play in preseason and let him shows his stuff. - Or he could be a 3rd string 1-2 year project (make the roster, but keep him inactive).

- By my count the Pats have at least 5 viable to premier TE's on their roster, and they have 2 FB's, including two guys Develin & Bartholomew, who appear to be no-names (Fiammetta is gone).

There is no way that BB would ever pull Brady for anyone ever. But - By my recollection, the Pats have not really used a FB in recent years. From what I recall, they have used Hernandez, Gronk, Fells, Oh-oh, etc., there (and even on occasion run the tight end on a sweep or two). Knowing that, and knowing BB's penchant for football purism (or throwback-ism, if you will) how about (on some occasion, as a single game wrinkle, and I would guess it would be vs the Jets) we perhaps see TT in the same backfield with Brady and a RB in the same way he has used backup TE's, except in this situation the FB would pose the possibility of blocking, running or passing?
A lot of media guff going around that people shouldn't expect to see Tebow in utility positions, I'll believe it when I see it, until then I'm 99% sure he will be a special teams first teamer and FB/TE.

Who's going to tell Tebow that Mallet has his number?

Only jersey nos. available are 1, 2, 4, 7, 9 and 17.

I'd like to know how a player without a position is going to make a 53 man roster. It just ain't happening.
Here's one theory - if the Pats keep nine RBs/FBs/TEs, they could cut Fells. And how many special teamers do people really pay attention to? He can be on the roster as a QB but he can literally line up at any spot on ST or even as FB/TE on offense no matter what his roster position or number says.

The year the Pats signed Woodhead, there were question marks about that too, the Pats had Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk as backup RBs. But eventually it became clear.

I'd like to know how a player without a position is going to make a 53 man roster. It just ain't happening.
Here's one theory - if the Pats keep nine RBs/FBs/TEs, they could cut Fells. And how many special teamers do people really pay attention to? He can be on the roster as a QB but he can literally line up at any spot on ST or even as FB/TE on offense no matter what his roster position or number says.

The year the Pats signed Woodhead, there were question marks about that too, the Pats had Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk as backup RBs. But eventually it became clear.
Why not just let Fells play those positions? He would be better at it then Tebow. Besides, the Pats have seven TE's on the roster, I doubt either Tebow or Fells makes the team.

You can only have like 49 active players per game. I don't see any reason BB would waste one of those spots on Tebow.

Why not just let Fells play those positions? He would be better at it then Tebow. Besides, the Pats have seven TE's on the roster, I doubt either Tebow or Fells makes the team.

You can only have like 49 active players per game. I don't see any reason BB would waste one of those spots on Tebow.
This makes sense.

But teams bring in 3rd string QB developmental fodder all the time. If the team keeps 2 QB's they get cut by the end of preseason. Yet McDaniel thought enough of him to invest a 1st round draft pick, and reportedly BB was willing to invest a 2nd to 3rd, but now they're not even willing to slot the 49th spot on the team to him?

If he's a 3rd string QB and that's all he is then fine. No one wants him? Fine. Then cutting him should not be a problem, because no one else will want him supposedly (though developmental 3rd-4th stringers still seem to somehow hang around on practice fields and rosters for 2-3 years). But if BB & McDaniel really feel otherwise, that he has value now or later, they are going to have to find a place for him, either as an inactive QB on game days or as a U-back/FB-TE/ST-player.

I am sure not going to say that Tebow is or will be this year as good of a blocker or receiver as Fells or Hoomanawanui, but then again BB still found reason to plug Vrabel into his backfield (8 catches, 8 TDs) and someone always came out for that. Granted, Vrabel was a LB and an excellent one, but the point is if BB & McDaniel want someone on the team and want to find any number of snaps for them they can find a way to do that.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:

This makes sense.

But teams bring in 3rd string QB developmental fodder all the time. If the team keeps 2 QB's they get cut by the end of preseason. Yet McDaniel thought enough of him to invest a 1st round draft pick, and reportedly BB was willing to invest a 2nd to 3rd, but now they're not even willing to slot the 49th spot on the team to him?

If he's a 3rd string QB and that's all he is then fine. No one wants him? Fine. Then cutting him should not be a problem, because no one else will want him supposedly (though developmental 3rd-4th stringers still seem to somehow hang around on practice fields and rosters for 2-3 years). But if BB & McDaniel really feel otherwise, that he has value now or later, they are going to have to find a place for him, either as an inactive QB on game days or as a U-back/FB-TE/ST-player.

I am sure not going to say that Tebow is or will be this year as good of a blocker or receiver as Fells or Hoomanawanui, but then again BB still found reason to plug Vrabel into his backfield (8 catches, 8 TDs) and someone always came out for that. Granted, Vrabel was a LB and an excellent one, but the point is if BB & McDaniel want someone on the team and want to find any number of snaps for them they can find a way to do that.
The next time BB has three active QB's on game day, will be the first.

They basically signed him for free. At the most, he's cut and then placed on the practice squad.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Who's going to tell Tebow that Mallet has his number? Only jersey nos. available are 1, 2, 4, 7, 9 and 17.
If Tebow had any confidence in his abilities, he would take #1. Is 'zero' a usable number because that fits him better.

He isn't going to make the team as a QB... give him a TE number

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well:

More like camp/practice fodder for the Pats D. With Seattle, 49ers, Skins, Jets, Bills (moving that direction) etc. using more mobile QB's maybe they are going to T...ebow off on him in practice to prepare for these type players.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well:

More like camp/practice fodder for the Pats D. With Seattle, 49ers, Skins, Jets, Bills (moving that direction) etc. using more mobile QB's maybe they are going to T...ebow off on him in practice to prepare for these type players.
And they lost to the Hawks/Wilson and 9ers/K'nick last year. I wouldn't put it past BB to cover every base in preparation.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Well:

And they lost to the Hawks/Wilson and 9ers/K'nick last year. I wouldn't put it past BB to cover every base in preparation.
Two out of four losses last season came from mobile QB's. BB just got a practice toy at no cost. Great call guys.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:
Here's one theory - if the Pats keep nine RBs/FBs/TEs, they could cut Fells. And how many special teamers do people really pay attention to? He can be on the roster as a QB but he can literally line up at any spot on ST or even as FB/TE on offense no matter what his roster position or number says. The year the Pats signed Woodhead, there were question marks about that too, the Pats had Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk as backup RBs. But eventually it became clear.
Why not just let Fells play those positions? He would be better at it then Tebow. Besides, the Pats have seven TE's on the roster, I doubt either Tebow or Fells makes the team. You can only have like 49 active players per game. I don't see any reason BB would waste one of those spots on Tebow.
This makes sense. But teams bring in 3rd string QB developmental fodder all the time. If the team keeps 2 QB's they get cut by the end of preseason. Yet McDaniel thought enough of him to invest a 1st round draft pick, and reportedly BB was willing to invest a 2nd to 3rd, but now they're not even willing to slot the 49th spot on the team to him? If he's a 3rd string QB and that's all he is then fine. No one wants him? Fine. Then cutting him should not be a problem, because no one else will want him supposedly (though developmental 3rd-4th stringers still seem to somehow hang around on practice fields and rosters for 2-3 years). But if BB & McDaniel really feel otherwise, that he has value now or later, they are going to have to find a place for him, either as an inactive QB on game days or as a U-back/FB-TE/ST-player. I am sure not going to say that Tebow is or will be this year as good of a blocker or receiver as Fells or Hoomanawanui, but then again BB still found reason to plug Vrabel into his backfield (8 catches, 8 TDs) and someone always came out for that. Granted, Vrabel was a LB and an excellent one, but the point is if BB & McDaniel want someone on the team and want to find any number of snaps for them they can find a way to do that.
The next time BB has three active QB's on game day, will be the first. They basically signed him for free. At the most, he's cut and then placed on the practice squad.
He's not eligible for the practice squad. It's only for people who have not accrued a season yet (been on the roster for 8 games).

SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
PatsFanCT said:
Here's one theory - if the Pats keep nine RBs/FBs/TEs, they could cut Fells. And how many special teamers do people really pay attention to? He can be on the roster as a QB but he can literally line up at any spot on ST or even as FB/TE on offense no matter what his roster position or number says. The year the Pats signed Woodhead, there were question marks about that too, the Pats had Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk as backup RBs. But eventually it became clear.
Why not just let Fells play those positions? He would be better at it then Tebow. Besides, the Pats have seven TE's on the roster, I doubt either Tebow or Fells makes the team. You can only have like 49 active players per game. I don't see any reason BB would waste one of those spots on Tebow.
This makes sense. But teams bring in 3rd string QB developmental fodder all the time. If the team keeps 2 QB's they get cut by the end of preseason. Yet McDaniel thought enough of him to invest a 1st round draft pick, and reportedly BB was willing to invest a 2nd to 3rd, but now they're not even willing to slot the 49th spot on the team to him? If he's a 3rd string QB and that's all he is then fine. No one wants him? Fine. Then cutting him should not be a problem, because no one else will want him supposedly (though developmental 3rd-4th stringers still seem to somehow hang around on practice fields and rosters for 2-3 years). But if BB & McDaniel really feel otherwise, that he has value now or later, they are going to have to find a place for him, either as an inactive QB on game days or as a U-back/FB-TE/ST-player. I am sure not going to say that Tebow is or will be this year as good of a blocker or receiver as Fells or Hoomanawanui, but then again BB still found reason to plug Vrabel into his backfield (8 catches, 8 TDs) and someone always came out for that. Granted, Vrabel was a LB and an excellent one, but the point is if BB & McDaniel want someone on the team and want to find any number of snaps for them they can find a way to do that.
The next time BB has three active QB's on game day, will be the first. They basically signed him for free. At the most, he's cut and then placed on the practice squad.
He's not eligible for the practice squad. It's only for people who have not accrued a season yet (been on the roster for 8 games).
Ah, good to know, thanks. They'll just cut him then and be done with it.

BusterTBronco said:
The Arizona Cardinals are a team in need of a quarterback. Tim Tebow is a quarterback in need of a team.

Come on, Arizona, pull the trigger!

All of America would be greatful. This would be the best thing to happen to football since sliced bread.
:tebow:

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread