What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Tennessee at Buffalo** (-10) (47.5) Game 1 of the Monday Night Doubleheader!!! 7:15 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I cannot express my delight with the set up tonight for MNF-Doubleheader.

I think the overlap is awesome, you can totally blow off the halftime show of Game 1 and watch quite a lot of the start of MN-PHI, what a night cap that's going to be.

I thought about 1 big thread for MNF but that might not work so we'll split them

My gut says the Titans keep it closer than some think but still lose. Even a back door cover when you are getting double digits.

Go!

:towelwave:

It's not even a real double-header. Why are both of these games on near the same time and overlapping? Can't really remember 2 night games ever going on at the same time. They need RedZone tonight! haha

10 points seems a little high given that the Titans have had the Bills number the past two years.
I do think the possibility of starting DL for the Bills could be an issue. Even if they play but are not full speed could be a problem.

No idea how Tennessee slows them down.

10 points seems a little high given that the Titans have had the Bills number the past two years.
I do think the possibility of starting DL for the Bills could be an issue. Even if they play but are not full speed could be a problem.

No idea how Tennessee slows them down.
no Gabe Davis and no DT = run some clock and maybe stay close but Buffalo is still too good
Is he OUT now?
no but you can tell it is trending that way

I'm up big but going against Allen. So I need Henry to show he's back on track tonight. Don't need a Lamar kind of night from Allen ruining my week.

I agree. Of course the Bills should be favored, but 10 points seems like a lot.
Follow the logic of Vegas and the betting public...Titans lose to Giants at home and nobody thinks the Giants are any good and even a win at home this week, nobody thinks much of the Giants where as Buffalo whooped the World Champions on their home field in Los Angeles opening night.

What can the Titans hurt Buffalo with tonight? Derrick henry and unless they can sustain 6 and 7 minute drives and get off the field on Defense, they are likely to get blown out and they have little to return fire with in a shootout.

Now next week on the other hand...that team can return fire :D

Curious move by the NFL to run both of these (good) matchups simultaneously. I was surprised to see them only run one Monday night game on the opening weekend as has been done over the recent past, but now we get two MNF games week two. Overlapping. I guess I'm too old to recognize 'progress' when I see it.

Preparing to flip the f*(& out when they put 2 games up on the screen and I could give 2 ****s about Philly/Minn. Just let me watch the Bills game.

Key to Buffalo’s defense tonight probably will be…Tremaine Edmunds. He has to read things correctly and get off blocks. The Bills actually held Henry in check last year other than one huge run where Edmunds made a mistake. He just can’t do that tonight.

Rams -10
Broncos -10
Packers -10
Bills -10

Hmmmm

No Gabriel Davis and a banged up DL offer some interesting back stories for a Bills team in the home opener. I think the Titans have a lot of experience between their QB-RB and if the Defense cannot slow down the Bills then all hope will be lost but it's starting to feel like maybe this one is going to be tighter than I originally thought.

Final Score: Bills 24...Titans 23

Just so folks can't tune away and focus on the Shootout that 's inevitable in the other game. Big Road Dogs manage to go 75% for the weekend, let's see what happens.

This overlapping games tonight is actually a dry run for next year. Next year’s tv contract will have 3 MNF doubleheaders, so they’ll probably assess viewership tonight to decide how they want to do it going forward.

Next year’s tv contract will have 3 MNF doubleheaders

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that. Have you heard anything else interesting about the logistics of the new contract? DirecTV on the outs? Is it still being negotiated between the networks?

I'm just curious. If it's your thing and you want to respond, I'll certainly read it with interest.

I don't think Gabe Davis being out means a ton for the Bills.

Two DTs out does. Let's see if they can hold their positions on the inside, between the tackles running game.

I've got the Bills by ten even. 31-21.

Orlovsky a novice in the booth so far. Good work, Dan. Remember when you ran totally out bounds in Detroit? How on earth did he become a media personality? He was a UConn quarterback, so...**** program. Played for the losing-est professional team in the history of NFL football. Has ridiculous hot takes regularly. Why him? What on earth does he know that others don't?

Next year’s tv contract will have 3 MNF doubleheaders

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that. Have you heard anything else interesting about the logistics of the new contract? DirecTV on the outs? Is it still being negotiated between the networks?

I'm just curious. If it's your thing and you want to respond, I'll certainly read it with interest.
I have no special info, just happened to catch it from one of the football media guys I follow on Twitter.

Though I think Directv is definitely on the outs. They are in serious trouble financially. I think the Sunday Ticket package is much more likely to be picked up by an internet/streaming provider like Apple, Amazon, Hulu, Yahoo or maybe even the NFL themselves (NFL already offers the full live game package along with single team live packages to everyone outside the US).

Link to MNF doubleheader info

Not an ideal start. Never want to see a guy injured and suddenly all that energy from the start of the game gets sucked out too. Probably benefits the offense a touch as QBs tend to miss early if they are too amped up (something Josh has previously been guilty of).

There's Knox, he got rocked last week on a cheap tackle, good to see him bouncing around. nice route, nice catch, nice execution by Allen and the OL, that was a beautiful 3rd and 2 play

Did Tennessee quit after that Allen run? Because they don't seem to have really shown up physically tonight.

Tennessee might just be a bad football team this year.

And on cue, they miss tackles and the worst score I can remember happens. That play should have been dead in the water.

Yuck. Bills center Mitch Morse into the locker room for x-rays on his right elbow. That wouldn’t be ideal. Thankfully they have way more depth along their O-line than they have had in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread